Woot

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

What's Your LEAST Favorite World?

...and why is it Khrysalis?

In all seriousness though, what's that one world you absolutely dread questing through? And why?

For me it's definitely Khrysalis, with Azteca coming in second. Those two worlds are a long stretch of quests that seem to never end, IMO. They're both about 100 quests too long, lol. I sent my myth through that stretch of the spiral around August-September, and now that my death is in the early stages of Khrysalis, I feel almost discouraged with how long it is, lol. But Polaris is fun and short, definitely looking forward to getting her there.

What about you guys?
      Last edited by Kris; 12-5-20 at 1:45:23 PM. Reason: Details :D

JennaSwiftGem is offline Magus Wizard

• JennaSwiftGem's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Angela TitanCaster
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wintertusk
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Madame Xena
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ultra Frostcaller

Mood:
      Editing

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: What's Your LEAST Favorite World?

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
      ...and why is it Khrysalis?

In all seriousness though, what's that one world you absolutely dread questing through? And why?

For me it's definitely Khrysalis, with Azteca coming in second. Those two worlds are a long stretch of quests that seem to never end, IMO. They're both about 100 quests too long, lol. I sent my myth through that stretch of the spiral around August-September, and now that my death is in the early stages of Khrysalis, I feel almost discouraged with how long it is, lol. But Polaris is fun and short, definitely looking forward to getting her there.

What about you guys?
      I've just finished questing from Wizard City through Mooshu, and am starting Dragonspyre now. Weird thing is; this time around, I appreciate the worlds much more than back when I did them the first time 10 years ago.

Wizard City is really fun, always has been. The revamp however? EVEN MORE FUN. This revamp is so cool, and was severely needed. It's a shame they had to remove some old quests, like interviewing the professors, Ambrose and Gamma, but the addition of new quests is brilliant. Unicorn Way is classic Wizard101. You have a problem found by someone you will never meet again outside of that zone; the solution to the problem is found by talking to a person or creature, who's usually a recluse. Then you find the culprit, have to defeat the culprit and voila: problem solved.

Triton Avenue is completely different now. Artur is no longer missing (no hunting for wands in the cave), and Duncan and him are bickering. This is a fun new twist on Triton Avenue, and the whole Storm Mill with the lumina crystals just make so much more sense now.

Cyclops, Firecat and Colossus are pretty much the same. Nothing much has been changed here.

The one thing that doesn't shine as bright as the rest of Wizard City is Sunken City, and perhaps even Crab Alley. Sunken City has been slightly revamped, but it still doesn't have enough to really bring it on to the level of the other areas. All in all, I think the old Wizard City was maybe 5/10, but the new is 8/10. Definitely not the worst.

One problem the revamped Wizard City does create, however, is the jarring shift to Krokotopia. This world looks about as outdated as it is. After seeing the new Wizard City and knowing what the game is capable of, new wizards will very much so be disappointed with this. This took a lot of the shine away from Krokotopia, as it isn't a particularly bad world. Some things to note:
      1. The quests are fun, especially in Tomb of Storms. Tomb of Storms feels somewhat fast-paced, something the game could learn from sometimes. The pacing here is great, something I'll touch on again soon.
      2. The areas are ... not great. This is a fault I find within most all of the first arcs worlds, except for Wizard City. The areas are barely distinguishable, and when they are, it's minor. In Krokotopia, it's only the colours that differentiate. Ahnic, Djeserit and Karanahn all look the same, and are not very inspiring to look at. This is a huge detriment to Krokotopia.
      3. The dungeons. Usually dungeons are supposed to be a challenge, or at least have different elements of gameplay in them. The only such dungeon is the last, which also isn't very fun.
      4. Kembaalung Village. THIS IS GREAT. Very fun. The quest should not pop before you're finished with Krokotopia, my only comment on this.
      Krokotopia therefore gets a generous 4/10.

Marleybone, oh Marleybone. I have few comments. First off, this world is very short, which in this case WORKS. The length is perfect for the kind of world Marleybone is. Most of the world feels like a chase for answers. You work together with Sherlock Bones, Baxter and Scotland Yard.
      1. Areas. Hate them. SO DRAB AND UNINSPIRING.
      2. Story. It's fine, nothing special.
      3. Pacing. AMAZING IN NEWGATE PRISON. THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT RIGHT. The chase sequence through the area was so fun. That could've been a dungeon, because the area felt so big, but you practically didn't ever fight anything.
      4. Side quests are fun, except for Abigail Doolittle's. She might be the worst character I've yet met in this game. She is manipulative, lazy and really selfish.
      5. WE SEE MALISTAIRE AGAIN. This is a welcome change. He is an unknown figure to you if you skipped the tutorial, and so this is really great again.
      6. PRICING IS RIDICULOUS??? Instead of having the four last dungeons cost 1200 crowns EACH, make them cost half the price. Newgate Prison is also 1200, and it's maybe 4 quests? Did not enjoy that part.
      6/10. Could be 7 had the pricing been more fair, and 9 if the areas were better.

Mooshu. Oh Mooshu. I used to loathe Mooshu, and was ready to hate Mooshu again. Every time I had levelled a character, I would always stop at Mooshu because I lacked interest and enthusiasm to do it. But this time was very different. I finished Mooshu in two days because I couldn't stop playing. It was so fun, and made me feel like a Greta ThunBlade every time I healed a new part of the land. Cleansing the river; purifying the earth, count me in. However, I do have some notes.
      1. The areas, once again (almost as if this is a recurring theme for the 1st arc worlds???) are really monotonous and look alike. Even the dungeons in this world didn't stand apart from anything. There were cool sequences, however. When you go to fight in the spirit world -- that's rad.
      2. Quests. Quests are really varied this time. Barely any "Defeat this, hopefully collect that", I think only six? All the side quests made sense too! Finishing a side for Mossback would lead into you doing side quests in the dungeons, which would lead to you healing the water spirit, who would in turn give you sides in the next area. It felt interconnected and right.
      3. The story. Something about it is very unsatisfying. We don't really get to know about about the Manju and the Khitan, or why they were fighting, and suddenly united with the emperor. We also don't hear anything of Sanzouku, Ninjas, the Amber Horde, or Imimitsu. These elements could have provided so much, and were something Pirate101 did right. There you have the Yakooza, a rebel group working against some of the Imperial Oppositions. Where is that here? Mooshu does not feel like the Spiral Superpower they are made out to be (Mooshu has never been invaded once).
      4. Enemies. The enemies are S O cool. The Onis? LOVE THEM, get them back NOW.
      All this would make Mooshu a very nice 7/10, with improvements latent in world building and bettering the areas.

Dragonspyre. I'm not feeling it. I have loved questing through the game thus far, but something about Dragonspyre has made me not want to do it. This is only my second or third time doing it, and I usually thought Dragonspyre was my favourite. Not at all. I've only gotten halfway through the Tower Archives, and I'm not feeling it. I've been here for two days, and have now taken up Monstrology and Fishing to keep my mind off of it. I'll update with my full review of this world whenever I get the chance. Right now? 2/10, faults being with the bosses, the HUGE spike in difficulty (suddenly 2-3k health, spamming weakness, regular mobs having 80% resist sometimes? ouch), the areas looking drab, the quests being VERY monotonous (russian accent crying for help, get me this key so I can get you in to this tower so you can get a crystal so you can kill a drake so you can go to next ring repeat repeat). 2/10. A fat 2/10.

Wysteria? 10/10, that's my homegirl <3

A cheery cherry with curry on top

Tanner Hex is offline Journeyman Wizard

• Tanner Hex's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Tanner Hex
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Zafaria
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Rex
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Onyx Shenlong Dragon
      ----

Mood:
      Mellow

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Azteca for the length and the frequency of boss fights. It's a very pretty world visually, and I do enjoy some of the humor and Grandmother Raven's sassy narration. A lot of the story feels like unnecessary padding, though.

"Hmm, which of King Axaya's three advisors is the traitor? Hmm, could it be the one who sent us to him with a war challenge for no apparent reason? Nah, let's check with the other two first. And speaking of war challenges lets make sure to put together a proper one for Cipactli because tradition. Not like the world is about be doomed or anything."

Or like, fighting 3 seperate bosses to get the winds needed for your magic raft after having just fought another boss to get the rudder from Ponce De Gibbon. Or fighting 2 bosses to active that sky pillar in Cloudburst Forest and having to fight storm elementals for items prior to each boss fight.

Plus I think the viability of our equipment starts to wear thin in Azteca. Most people are still rocking level 60 WW/Scales gear which isn't quite as impressive as it was back at level 60, especially when you're going against bosses with like 15K+ health. Not to mention there are a few fights with 2 bosses at once or 1 boss + 3 minions regardless of the number of players.

Khrysalis is similar in length but I enjoy the story more. It feels like it would make more sense for it to be long journey since the world has been under the yoke of Morganthe for centuries. You can also get Darkmoor gear fairly early into Khrysalis and the companion boosts which a makes a lot of the fights more manageable.

Spellbinder is offline Legendary Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Empyrea is the one I would skip.

As for the why, I didn't like the low hp of bosses and the buffed up damage everything does, the ridiculous cheats on the end boss, not into star trek, the story really fell flat for me at the end, the colors in the world felt off and it's just not a fun repeat world.
      Last edited by Spellbinder; 12-5-20 at 5:08:27 PM.
      Omg
      I think I love you more than paper tick
      -Katz to fishy cracker

Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Khrysalis and Azteca are my least favorite, AND they come back to back. My Life wizard got bogged down there for a while, and my death is taking forever to get through as well.

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

Oxnhorse is offline Magus Wizard

• Oxnhorse's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Timothy Pearlflower
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Master Heidi
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armor

Mood:
      Sporty

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Unlike everyone else, I judge this by which worlds my character moves like they have molasses in their step.

Of all the worlds I have played, only Empyrea has had this issue. I loved the Star Trek and original Batman themes and then in the 2nd half had some Greek mythology themes (like the Neumian Lion).

My only other complaint, is that Karamelle in the first zone to me feels as if we are being pushed around. It took me roughly 15 minutes to start and return to Karamelle City.

Another issue, is that KI wanted 2295 crowns to open up this world, and because I am a Crowns player, I am working on my next round of earning crowns, and I have less than 500 at the moment (I had this issue with obtaining the Monkey's Paw).

All 6 of my wizards have completed the first zone of Karamelle, and they are only doing Dailies in hopes of obtaining crowns or Participation Trophies; other than that I am not on W101 that much, no real need since it will take me roughly to Christmas Eve to open up the 2nd zone of Karamelle, and there are barely any side quests that are offered as filler content.

Oxnhorse

Torpzun26 is online now Journeyman Wizard

• Torpzun26's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Cole Duskhaven
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

For me, it's Marleybone. A world where all the upright standing citizens are the good dogs and all of the criminals and lower class people are filthy rats and cats... doesn't sit well with me at all. And then, when you get there, the mayor of the city decides to have you personally arrest every single wrongdoer in the entire world (an exaggeration but it's still quite a lot) instead of completing your time-sensitive quest of protecting the Krokonomicon. Just bleugh.

Aphrodite is offline Master Wizard

• Aphrodite's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Alexis W., Alexis SS, Alexis RB, Alexis S., Alexis J., Alexis N., Alexis R.
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Mirage
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Sun
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Don Lorenzo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Knight

Mood:
      PC Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I really dislike Azteca and Khrysalis. It was always a pain to get through them because they seem to take forever. I won't ever have to do them ever again which makes me happy. I have 11 max wizards and don't plan on taking another from low level to max ever again.

The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally employed only by small children and large nations.

Lady Cat is offline Prodigious

• Lady Cat's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Stephanie Shadowstalker ,Stephanie Legendweaver ,Stephanie Spiritsinger,Stephen Dragondreamer and 6
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Luna
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Black Cat

Mood:
      Awesome

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Tanner Hex View Post
      Azteca for the length and the frequency of boss fights. It's a very pretty world visually, and I do enjoy some of the humor and Grandmother Raven's sassy narration. A lot of the story feels like unnecessary padding, though.

"Hmm, which of King Axaya's three advisors is the traitor? Hmm, could it be the one who sent us to him with a war challenge for no apparent reason? Nah, let's check with the other two first. And speaking of war challenges lets make sure to put together a proper one for Cipactli because tradition. Not like the world is about be doomed or anything."

Or like, fighting 3 seperate bosses to get the winds needed for your magic raft after having just fought another boss to get the rudder from Ponce De Gibbon. Or fighting 2 bosses to active that sky pillar in Cloudburst Forest and having to fight storm elementals for items prior to each boss fight.

Plus I think the viability of our equipment starts to wear thin in Azteca. Most people are still rocking level 60 WW/Scales gear which isn't quite as impressive as it was back at level 60, especially when you're going against bosses with like 15K+ health. Not to mention there are a few fights with 2 bosses at once or 1 boss + 3 minions regardless of the number of players.

Khrysalis is similar in length but I enjoy the story more. It feels like it would make more sense for it to be long journey since the world has been under the yoke of Morganthe for centuries. You can also get Darkmoor gear fairly early into Khrysalis and the companion boosts which a makes a lot of the fights more manageable.
      Total Agreement with this! Lady cat says meow
      <a href=http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/images/signaturepics/sigpic506_7.gif target=_blank>http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...igpic506_7.gif</a>

Gades is offline Apprentice Wizard

• Gades's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Wolf Wolfswolke
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Tara
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fuzzles and Drakes

Mood:
      Enraged

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Pirate101 really spoiled me "in the what could have been" territory.. I can never look at "wizardian" marleybone and mooshu again after their counterpart skyways with neat and disitinctive areas..

To think that the pirates short journey to avernus almost created as much tension, fear and uneasyness as Dragonspyre tried with a whole world speaks volumes and why it is my least favourite world especially for being the conclusion of the first story arc. Horrible pacing padding in almost every area, same looks and while cyrus gets a bit developement here, malistaire fails to put his menacing presence in action and is completely overshadowed by the old dragon titan... the few sprinkles like time travel, drake training and fighting local heroes from the past but the rest is quite forgettable

I know they are old, and it may be unfair to beat on them, but its not a hard fix, i mean Krokotopia is outclassed completely by an housing instance (lol)
      Why would a dragon hoard gold? 'Cos a dragon represents everything you're afraid of. What's embedded in everything that you're afraid of? Absolutely everything that you need to find. So, don't run away from the gold.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast