• PS Gaming
  • Raging
  • Sleeping2
  • Steam Gaming
  • Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • View Poll Results: Would you like to see this idea come to the live game?

Voters
    58. You may not vote on this poll
    • Awesome idea would love to see this in game

29 50.00%
    • pretty good idea but maybe as a KI free game

5 8.62%
    • Yes for gold not for crowns

23 39.66%
    • Bought for crowns and placed like the tag game at home

9 15.52%
    • IDK if it would be worth it

7 12.07%
    • I can't decide

5 8.62%
    Multiple Choice Poll.
    Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
        TIMMEH is offline Legendary Wizard

• TIMMEH's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  timothy lifebane
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  baby belle
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  pink pixie

Mood:
      Relaxed

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

PET FEEDING STATION

Recently on test I submitted an idea for a pet feeding station where you would not have to waste time playing a mini-game and just feed snacks to your pets. After a snowcone making session for my kids and training on the dance game at the same time I had an idea for a new type of mini game of sorts for the pet pavilion. This Shake Shack or Smoothie shop a wizard would enter and for a gold or crown cost could then take snacks of any rank and combine them to make a SMOOTHIE. The new snack could then be fed to the pet for the energy cost appropriate to the pets level ATM. I suppose the main issue with this would be the cost basis for making one of these snacks. I would lean towards a gold base cost to make these snacks at the high BUY end of the snack if it was sold in the bazaar. This seems appropriate to me since a rank 10 snack with only one available in the bazaar would cost a descent amount of gold While IMO gold cost for this process might not work in the favor of KI making money on crowns maybe a small crowns cost could make this process a bit more lucrative for them so lets focus a discussion on ideas to that end for cost or any ideas for how this would actually look if anyone with artistic background would like to add a sketch for it? Thanks for your opinions and for responding to the poll

zdolphin is offline Novice Wizard

• zdolphin's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Cole
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Celestia
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Coco

Mood:
      Tired

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: PET FEEDING STATION

The problem with this idea is that training pets would be way to easy.

firewiz46 is offline Transcendent Wizard

• firewiz46's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Kevin Lifewalker
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  miss belle
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  spiritual dragon

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

The horrible pet game system to level up pets is the number one reason I wouldn't even consider playing Pirate 101 or any other game they came out with. I can deal with it now because I already have a stable of good pets. IMO, anything that improved the system and started to remove pet games is a long term win for everyone, even if it costs them some short term crowns.

'It don't come easy' - Ringo

• TIMMEH's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  timothy lifebane
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  baby belle
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  pink pixie

Mood:
      Relaxed

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by zdolphin View Post
      Not really lol You would still have to MAKE these snacks before you fed them to your pet and with certain types of pets it could mean taking the time to create certain snacks to boost appropriate stats that actually help the pet while ignoring others that would not affect it's talents

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by firewiz46 View Post
      The horrible pet game system to level up pets is the number one reason I wouldn't even consider playing Pirate 101 or any other game they came out with. I can deal with it now because I already have a stable of good pets. IMO, anything that improved the system and started to remove pet games is a long term win for everyone, even if it costs them some short term crowns.
      While I am not familiar with pirates pet training system if you would like to run with this idea bringing it to pirates as well as wiz that works for me This might be better as a grub Guardian type game where you could choose to makes snacks for either wizard101 or pirate101.

CNWZD101 is offline Adept Wizard

• CNWZD101's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jose Seashield
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Polaris
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Talented Piggle

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I recommended in Test a "Feed bag." Where we assign X number of snacks to the bag and then assign the bag to our pet. It would then feed the pet according to our energy (i.e. out of energy = no feeding). It would feed slowly, probably at the same rate as failing the dance game. The advantage I see to this is that we don't have to play the dance game...

Frankly, I'd take anything that allows me not to play the minigames.

Mastermooka13 is offline Initiate Wizard

• Mastermooka13's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jonathan Night
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Midnight
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament
      ----

Mood:
      Meh!

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by zdolphin View Post
      You still lose snacks and you still lose energy. Training pets as it is now isn't hard, it's time consuming. Why waste 30 seconds failing the dance game to feed my pet a snack when I could just feed it automatically and save myself the time while still sacrificing the snacks and energy. It doesn't make it easier, it makes it more convenient.
      and that's all he wrote...

Jaded Gaze is offline Grandmaster Wizard

Mood:
      Lucky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by TIMMEH View Post
      Recently on test I submitted an idea for a pet feeding station where you would not have to waste time playing a mini-game and just feed snacks to your pets. After a snowcone making session for my kids and training on the dance game at the same time I had an idea for a new type of mini game of sorts for the pet pavilion. This Shake Shack or Smoothie shop a wizard would enter and for a gold or crown cost could then take snacks of any rank and combine them to make a SMOOTHIE. The new snack could then be fed to the pet for the energy cost appropriate to the pets level ATM. I suppose the main issue with this would be the cost basis for making one of these snacks. I would lean towards a gold base cost to make these snacks at the high BUY end of the snack if it was sold in the bazaar. This seems appropriate to me since a rank 10 snack with only one available in the bazaar would cost a descent amount of gold While IMO gold cost for this process might not work in the favor of KI making money on crowns maybe a small crowns cost could make this process a bit more lucrative for them so lets focus a discussion on ideas to that end for cost or any ideas for how this would actually look if anyone with artistic background would like to add a sketch for it? Thanks for your opinions and for responding to the poll
      Pet games cost energy right? That's the whole gimmick, to make us buy energy. What your basically saying is, let us feed a pet one blended snack that would normally cost us 5 games worth of energy, for only one games worth of energy and some gold. They would sell energy elixers in the Crown Shop for gold if they were ok with that. People would just buy a load of Shanta Puddings and stuff and turn them into Fancy Yoghurts. People would cease playing pet games all together and if they made it cost the same energy as it would take through normal pet games then it renders the whole idea pointless other then to save some time. And I'm pretty sure that goes against everything they have already set up and spent a lot of time and money developing.
      Plus the whole concept is to TRAIN the pet so it gets stronger and better right? The Snack is just the reward and the post workout meal. If you just feed snacks without training , they will just get fat and sluggish

I'm sure you will get lots of yes votes though

firewiz46 is offline Transcendent Wizard

• firewiz46's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Kevin Lifewalker
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  miss belle
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  spiritual dragon

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

While I am not familiar with pirates pet training system if you would like to run with this idea bringing it to pirates as well as wiz that works for me This might be better as a grub Guardian type game where you could choose to makes snacks for either wizard101 or pirate101.

I have no idea how people level pets in P101. It is just that I find the current system of playing games so incredibly boring that I simply don't trust KI with any other game. I don't want to find out how to level pets in P101, even if it is a different system.

'It don't come easy' - Ringo

• TIMMEH's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  timothy lifebane
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  baby belle
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  pink pixie

Mood:
      Relaxed

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded Gaze View Post
      Pet games cost energy right? That's the whole gimmick, to make us buy energy. What your basically saying is, let us feed a pet one blended snack that would normally cost us 5 games worth of energy, for only one games worth of energy and some gold. They would sell energy elixers in the Crown Shop for gold if they were ok with that. People would just buy a load of Shanta Puddings and stuff and turn them into Fancy Yoghurts. People would cease playing pet games all together and if they made it cost the same energy as it would take through normal pet games then it renders the whole idea pointless other then to save some time. And I'm pretty sure that goes against everything they have already set up and spent a lot of time and money developing.
      Plus the whole concept is to TRAIN the pet so it gets stronger and better right? The Snack is just the reward and the post workout meal. If you just feed snacks without training , they will just get fat and sluggish

I'm sure you will get lots of yes votes though
      So you mean if I train my HumongoFrog by your method it does not look all fat and sluggish lol? Piggles and ninja pigs have fat bellies no matter what You do not have to play the dance game now anyway just let the timer run out so the time you would put into making these new snacks keeps you online and adds to those numbers anyway While I would love it to be gold option I did say that it would not be as lucrative to KI so a small crown cost would work just as well as someone buying a 250 crown potion to renew their energy no? It is also easy enough to make a noob wiz level it for free and just keep transferring the pet also If you have room for one lol I doubt people would stop playing the mini games all together because some games people enjoy playing them

YourToothbrush is offline Grandmaster Wizard

Mood:
      Steam Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by firewiz46 View Post
      I have no idea how people level pets in P101. It is just that I find the current system of playing games so incredibly boring that I simply don't trust KI with any other game. I don't want to find out how to level pets in P101, even if it is a different system.
      The pet leveling system is similar to the companion training system, except you use snacks easily obtained rather than expensive training tomes.

At the same time in P101, you have the option of training your pet while questing or farming, without going into a minigame by going to the pets tab. Similarly, P101 companions work like this except to gain nautical XP, gold, companion XP or training tomes, pets/snacks, etc.

Summed up, it's remote training done based on your pet's level (from level 1-65 versus level Baby to Ultra) with different activities that offer a little more variety to the stat-gain. It's just the talent system I still don't get.

It's actually a little more smooth sailing for me and I would like it to be implemented in Wizard.

But on the original idea, is this similar to the Poffin baking house in Pokemon that you're proposing @TIMMEH?
      Last edited by YourToothbrush; 7-10-15 at 11:21:25 AM.
      Mark DeathMask/Rachel "Midori" StormSword//Elijah RedThistle//Gracie DarkSlinger//Andrew SpiritStrider//Alexis GhostForge//Hannah BattleThief
      They/them. Always knew I was, never had the words for it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast