Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Derby pet

Hello, I'm currently trying to make a derby pet that has the following:

Talents:

1 - Relentless (+65 agility)
      2 - Thinkin' cap (+65 will)
      3 - Perceptive (+40 intellect +25 will)
      4 - Unshakeable (+40 strength +25 agility)
      Abilities:1 - Spiffy-pop (Teleport to next pet ahead - 40 sec cooldown)
      2 - Super hurry (+50 speed to self - 30 sec cooldown)
      3 - Bummer (Steal 10 morale from all pets - 60 sec cooldown)
      4 - Shush (Remove cheer from leader for 12 seconds - 45 sec cooldown)/ Pipe-down (Remove cheer from next pet ahead for 12 seconds - 45 sec cooldown)
      5 - Ultra hurry (+60 speed to self - 30 sec cooldown)

The only must-have talent would be spiffy-pop since it's the only one that can't be socketed.

The pet doesn't have to have everything because it's very specific and I'd assume nobody has it exactly the way I want it but close to it or if it has like 2-3/4 2-3/5 would be great.

Obviously, max stats are prefered, but that's not a big issue, the hard part is collecting the talents and abilities all into 1 pool.

I can offer max stat fire pets like penta dmg, triple double (added bonus is that it's on an armored skeleton), n triple crit double dmg.

Thank you in advance!

Flash33 is offline Exalted

• Flash33's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Seth Shadowcloud
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Moon
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Various
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Various

Mood:
      Musical

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Re: Derby pet

Hello there. I happen to have a Snow Beast with some of the talents you're looking for. Let me know if you're interested.
      Attached Images Attached Images   

Patrick FairyStalker is offline Master Wizard

Mood:
      Hot

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Look for stained glass rollers in the kiosk. The 77 pedigree ones have pools like this: http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...mate-Derby-pet

Just so you know, the best selfish talents are (in order):

Early Bird
      Cunning
      Thinkin' Cap
      Brilliant
      Perceptive
      Relentless is nice to have but not necessary on the perfect pet.

Unshakeable is not a top tier talent. Mega-Leech and Super-Sap will always be better than Bummer, and Pipe down is pretty much the same as Shush. The stained glass rollers do not have spiffy pop, but they are maxed stats (255/250/260/260/250).
      Last edited by Patrick FairyStalker; 1-4-20 at 9:36:26 PM.

Caspeen is offline W101C Tournament Master
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Perfection2405 View Post
      Hello, I'm currently trying to make a derby pet that has the following:
      Well well - just so happens, I have a post about a pet that might interest you - http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...mate-Derby-pet

As Patrick has said, the ones that I consider "perfect" are all pedigree 77 with a solid pool of what I consider are ideal Talents AND Abilities AND perfect stats.

However, also as Patrick said, my pets don't have Unshakable because I consider ANY boost to strength to be...well, less than desirable. Getting Intellect, Agility, and Will as low high as possible is way more useful than any boost to strength because water is so rare on all courses.

Lastly, my pets also do NOT have Spiffy Pop. Hate it hate it hate it. Not because it's a "cheat", but I do think it's cheap. Also, my pets don't have Bummer because the cool down is too long (60 seconds) and while stealing 30 is "possible", in many scenarios it's possible that you steal very little or even nothing. A big upside, yes, but also a pretty big downside and therefore it's not in my pool.

But check out the Kiosk - all my the Micky Rollers are the ones I think are the best, and the Buttercups are perfect except for a minor manifest miss, and the rest - Cuddles, Waffles, Snuggles, Sparkles, Chompers, and...the rest...have good manifested talents and abilities but their pools are pretty flawed. Well, in comparison!

Always happy to meet other people interested in derby - if you ever wanna meet up, let me know!

Casp

Perfection2405 is offline Apprentice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      Awesome

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Caspeen View Post
      Well well - just so happens, I have a post about a pet that might interest you - http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...mate-Derby-pet

As Patrick has said, the ones that I consider "perfect" are all pedigree 77 with a solid pool of what I consider are ideal Talents AND Abilities AND perfect stats.

However, also as Patrick said, my pets don't have Unshakable because I consider ANY boost to strength to be...well, less than desirable. Getting Intellect, Agility, and Will as low high as possible is way more useful than any boost to strength because water is so rare on all courses.

Lastly, my pets also do NOT have Spiffy Pop. Hate it hate it hate it. Not because it's a "cheat", but I do think it's cheap. Also, my pets don't have Bummer because the cool down is too long (60 seconds) and while stealing 30 is "possible", in many scenarios it's possible that you steal very little or even nothing. A big upside, yes, but also a pretty big downside and therefore it's not in my pool.

But check out the Kiosk - all my the Micky Rollers are the ones I think are the best, and the Buttercups are perfect except for a minor manifest miss, and the rest - Cuddles, Waffles, Snuggles, Sparkles, Chompers, and...the rest...have good manifested talents and abilities but their pools are pretty flawed. Well, in comparison!

Always happy to meet other people interested in derby - if you ever wanna meet up, let me know!

Casp
      Hmm, thank you for the information. I'm actually going to rethink the talents. The way I made it it would've been 2 2 3 3, but since water is indeed not as common, I might as well boost the rest of them n leave the water terrain to be 4-5 cheer.

I agree about the bummer now that I think about it...I usually don't derby with more than 1-2 pets which means I'd be stealing 10-20 anyways. So I might change it to super-sap because of the cooldown.

As for spiffy-pop, Imo, it's an absolute must. My pet derby pet atm has 200 as stats, which means all terrains are like 5-6 cheer, I have +5 morale, +50 hurry, steal 10 morale from leader, and spiffy-pop...As you can see, the pet is garbage overall, yet I'm 44-0-0-0 Warlord. It's practically unbeatable with a trash pet, imagine if it was perfect. The reason I want shush/pipe-down is to let the pet behind me go in front, build up my cheering, lock their pet from cheering, teleport to them, smoke them the last 10 seconds. It's unstoppable and will beat any hurry pet 100% of the time.

It is somewhat "cheap" but it still requires timing and skill to use. I've derbied against many pets that had spiffy-pop and tried to use it against me without success because they either use it too early or too late with a combination of bad talents.

Overall, since it takes like 30 minutes to an hour to get a match, I'd like to win everytime and not waste my time with second places or even worse. I practically never lost, except for a couple of second places in earlier ages, but the other day I saw a thread about pet derby pets and I actually learned so much that now I can see that my pet, which previously I thought was a god, is trash Lol.

I do see your pets in the kiosk, I think I even hatched with 1 of them the other day. I will rebuild the pet and update the thread to say if I'd like to hatch. Thank you once again for the information and offering your pets!

----

Mood:
      Awesome

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Casp
      Oh and I almost forgot, what does Power do? The other 4 stats are associated with terrains but not Power...so what does it do? does it split between the 4 other stats or does it just not do anything?

And also, does 420 mean that it'll cheer for 0 cost or is 1 the minimum? Because theoretically, if I get my pet to mega, it could have 4-0-2-2, which is insane if it can be 0.

Edit: Nvm, I found out, it's your maximum morale...I thought each stat decided the morale you'd have but it's Power.
      Last edited by Perfection2405; 1-5-20 at 9:17:45 AM.

----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Oh and I almost forgot, what does Power do? The other 4 stats are associated with terrains but not Power...so what does it do? does it split between the 4 other stats or does it just not do anything?
      And also, does 420 mean that it'll cheer for 0 cost or is 1 the minimum? Because theoretically, if I get my pet to mega, it could have 4-0-2-2, which is insane if it can be 0.
      Yep - Power = Morale. A while back I posted a Derby guide (in 2011!) in which I broke down exactly the places where Cost to Cheer changes -

Your stat isThe amount of morale used to cheer
      1 - 14 ................10
      15 59 ..............9
      60 104 ............8
      105 149 ..........7
      150 194 ..........6
      195 239 ..........5
      240 284 ..........4
      285 - 329 ..........3
      330 - 374...........2
      375 and above....1!!!!!

...as well Power equivalents in Morale -

PowerMorale
      0 .............40
      6 .............41
      12 ...........42
      18 ...........43
      24 ...........44
      32 ...........45
      36 ...........46
      42 ...........47
      48 ...........48
      54 ...........49
      60 ...........50
      66 ...........51
      72 ...........52
      78 ...........53
      84 ...........54
      90 ...........55
      96 ...........56
      102 .........57
      108 .........58
      114 .........59
      120 .........60
      126 .........61
      132 .........62
      138 .........63
      144 .........64
      150 .........65
      156 .........66
      162 .........67
      168 .........68
      174 .........69
      180 .........70
      186 .........71
      192 .........72
      198 .........73
      204 .........74
      210 .........75
      216 .........76
      222 .........77
      228 .........78
      234 .........79
      240 .........80
      246 .........81
      252 .........82
      258 .........83
      264 .........84
      270 .........85
      276 .........86
      282 .........87
      288 .........88
      294 .........89
      300 .........90

And no - cost to cheer of 0 is not possible. I believe I have a two "failed" pets with Agility of 430 and cost was still 1.

Also, what you said about Spiffy being unbeatable...EVERYTHING is beatable.
      As I've said before, there are many ideas of what "perfect" is and a Shush or Pipe Down pet with Spiffy / Mega Hurry / Ultra Hurry pet would but indeed be an AMAZING pet. But with that said, skill and timing goes a long way in overcoming any advantage you get from a pet. No doubt Spiffy Pop has help get you your 44-0 record, but you clearly know what you're doing and I'm guessing your success is more a result of your skill than your pet alone.

Maybe you need to bring your Spiffy pets into a few Derby Tournaments to really find out...

Casp

----

Mood:
      Awesome

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Yep - Power = Morale. A while back I posted a Derby guide (in 2011!) in which I broke down exactly the places where Cost to Cheer changes -
      Your stat isThe amount of morale used to cheer
      1 - 14 ................10
      15 59 ..............9
      60 104 ............8
      105 149 ..........7
      150 194 ..........6
      195 239 ..........5
      240 284 ..........4
      285 - 329 ..........3
      330 - 374...........2
      375 and above....1!!!!!

...as well Power equivalents in Morale -
      PowerMorale
      0 .............40
      6 .............41
      12 ...........42
      18 ...........43
      24 ...........44
      32 ...........45
      36 ...........46
      42 ...........47
      48 ...........48
      54 ...........49
      60 ...........50
      66 ...........51
      72 ...........52
      78 ...........53
      84 ...........54
      90 ...........55
      96 ...........56
      102 .........57
      108 .........58
      114 .........59
      120 .........60
      126 .........61
      132 .........62
      138 .........63
      144 .........64
      150 .........65
      156 .........66
      162 .........67
      168 .........68
      174 .........69
      180 .........70
      186 .........71
      192 .........72
      198 .........73
      204 .........74
      210 .........75
      216 .........76
      222 .........77
      228 .........78
      234 .........79
      240 .........80
      246 .........81
      252 .........82
      258 .........83
      264 .........84
      270 .........85
      276 .........86
      282 .........87
      288 .........88
      294 .........89
      300 .........90

And no - cost to cheer of 0 is not possible. I believe I have a two "failed" pets with Agility of 430 and cost was still 1.

Also, what you said about Spiffy being unbeatable...EVERYTHING is beatable.
      As I've said before, there are many ideas of what "perfect" is and a Shush or Pipe Down pet with Spiffy / Mega Hurry / Ultra Hurry pet would but indeed be an AMAZING pet. But with that said, skill and timing goes a long way in overcoming any advantage you get from a pet. No doubt Spiffy Pop has help get you your 44-0 record, but you clearly know what you're doing and I'm guessing your success is more a result of your skill than your pet alone.

Maybe you need to bring your Spiffy pets into a few Derby Tournaments to really find out...

Casp

Dang, 2 power away from 1 more morale Lol, Kingsisle always be making them formulas an inch from perfection. Bummer that you can't have 0 cheer cost, gonna stop at an epic pet in that case. I wanted to make it 2-2-2-4 in cheer cost but there's no talent that gives 65 will so I guess I'll stick with the 1-2-3-4 (Early bird, Cunning, Brilliant, Perceptive) with 1 being clay, 2 - grass, 3 - dirt, and 4 - water. That, combined with Spiffy-pop, Ultra hurry, Super hurry, Super-sap, and Shush/Pipe down. I might even try to make my pet have the first 4 trained and maybe switch the last ability with the jewel if I find something else that works better.

Yeah, I'd love to enter a tourney sometime. The strategy has given me perfect record but obviously I haven't faced 3 pros at the same time (usually 1 pro and 1 noob) so my current pet probably wouldn't manage hence why I want to create the new one. After all, just like in PvP, brains is not enough sometimes when your opponent outclasses you by a mile in stats.

I won't bother you with personal hatches because all of your pets are in the Kiosk so I'll keep hatching with them, although it says that some of them are no longer available which I assume means that you'd need to re-enter them into the kiosk. But other than that, thank you for everything and see you at some pet derby tournament perhaps!

----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

...but there's no talent that gives 65 will so I guess I'll stick with the 1-2-3-4 (Early bird, Cunning, Brilliant, Perceptive) with 1 being clay, 2 - grass, 3 - dirt, and 4 - water.
      ACK! Thinkin' Cap gives +65 Will. My screen caps only highlight the Abilities, but if you take a look at the actual stats of all my pets you'll see that an Epic with 4/2/2/2 IS possible with Cunning / Early Bird / Thinkin' Cap / Brilliant.

Also, about tournaments...Most of my tournaments have a Regular and Jr. versions. Anyone can join the regular versions, but Jr. Versions are only for folks who have never won a derby tournament before. As such, if you're interested in participating with the Central Derby community but don't think your pet is "perfect" yet, perhaps you'll join one (or more) of those first.

Lastly, yea, there's nothing I can offer you in person that isn't in the Kiosk. My reason for putting all my best pets "out there" is that I want to give as many people out there a chance to hatch for a better derby pet. Something that I know all to well is that there just AREN'T derby pets - or people! - to hatch with so it becomes an obstacle to getting involved. Hopefully giving aspiring racers pets to help along the way will help bring a few into the regular derby community. Here's to hoping!

Casp

Oh - I've reset my Micky pets...

----

Mood:
      Awesome

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

ACK! Thinkin' Cap gives +65 Will. My screen caps only highlight the Abilities, but if you take a look at the actual stats of all my pets you'll see that an Epic with 4/2/2/2 IS possible with Cunning / Early Bird / Thinkin' Cap / Brilliant.

Also, about tournaments...Most of my tournaments have a Regular and Jr. versions. Anyone can join the regular versions, but Jr. Versions are only for folks who have never won a derby tournament before. As such, if you're interested in participating with the Central Derby community but don't think your pet is "perfect" yet, perhaps you'll join one (or more) of those first.

Lastly, yea, there's nothing I can offer you in person that isn't in the Kiosk. My reason for putting all my best pets "out there" is that I want to give as many people out there a chance to hatch for a better derby pet. Something that I know all to well is that there just AREN'T derby pets - or people! - to hatch with so it becomes an obstacle to getting involved. Hopefully giving aspiring racers pets to help along the way will help bring a few into the regular derby community. Here's to hoping!

Casp

Oh - I've reset my Micky pets...
      Oh my gosh...How did I miss Thinkin' Cap...It was literally the only selfish I've been getting the past 3-4 pets hahaha. Ok so final would be that then...2-2-2-4. It is going to be an epic pet however, Idk if tournaments are level specific and if you need to have a mega pet to enter or if each tournament is focused on a different staged pets. Also, how often are tournaments taking place? And where do I go to find and enter in them?

Completely agree, there's literally nobody who derbies. I put every pet that I think is good in the kiosk always to help ppl as well. I hate how the majority of the community focuses only on PvP. Like yeah, I PvP as well, but I also garden, fish, monstrology, derby, decorate, side quest, collect badges, like, all of these are aspects of the game that most ppl just COMPLETELY ignore which is a big bummer...but at the same time, there isn't much of a reward apart of a badge or 2 so I hope Kingsisle focuses on some of these and make them relevant again...I've seen and thought of so many simple and great ideas that would take a second to implement into the game n ppl will definitely start running.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast