Is Myth really that bad a school? Page 5 - Wizard101 Forum and Wizard101 Fansite

• Aggressive
  • Alienated
  • Amazed
  • Amazed2
  • Amused2
  • Angelic
  • Angry2
  • Apelike
  • Artistic
  • Balanced
  • Bashful
  • Blah
  • Bookworm
  • Bored
  • Breezy
  • Brooding
  • Busy
  • Chatty
  • Cheeky
  • Cheerful
  • Cloud 9
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool2
  • Creative
  • Curious
  • Cynical
  • Daring
  • Devilish
  • Disagree
  • Doh
  • Doubtful
  • Drama Queen
  • Dreaming
  • Elated
  • Energetic
  • Fiendish
  • Fine
  • Gloomy
  • Goofy
  • Grumpy2
  • Happy2
  • Hot
  • In Pain
  • Innocent2
  • Insomnious
  • Inspired
  • Lonely
  • Lucky
  • Lurking
  • Mellow
  • Mischievious
  • Monday Blues
  • Musical
  • Nerdy
  • No Mood
  • Not Amused
  • Notworthy
  • Paranoid
  • Pensive
  • Predatory
  • Procrastinating
  • Psychedelic
  • Relaxed
  • Sad2
  • Scared
  • Scurvy
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Sleeping
  • Sleepy
  • Sluggish
  • Sneaky2
  • Snobbish
  • Spooky
  • Sporty
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Sunshine
  • Sweet Tooth
  • Thinking
  • Torn
  • Twisted
  • Vegged Out
  • Volatile
  • Woot
  • Worried
  • Yee Haw
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrg!
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh!
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • At Work
  • Eating
  • Editing
  • Lagging
  • Netflix
  • No Status
  • PC Gaming
  • PS Gaming
  • Raging
  • Sleeping2
  • Steam Gaming
  • Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
        firemaniac221 is offline Master Wizard

• firemaniac221's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  David Earthshield (Fire, 130) | Fred Mythslinger (Myth, 130) | Kevin Stormsword (Storm, 130)
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  King Luke (David) | Nikki (Fred) | Sir Max (Kevin)
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Phoenix (David) | Flying Squirrel (Fred) | Hero Pig (Kevin)

Mood:
      Lagging

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Is Myth really that bad a school?

Quote Originally Posted by JacobDeathBringer View Post
      First thing: @lethargy101 I said Cyclops is the highest damage solid hit, Minotaur is not a solid hit, you can't use feints for it because the feints are blown by the first tiny hit. Also, the 8 pip frog is an item card, so you can't enchant it, making it really bad for the higher levels, and you can't just use two Humongofrogs in a row, because the second one will do nearly no damage because you used all your blades for the first Humongofrog, so that would only work in the lower level worlds. Second thing, any school can have a Monstrology minion, just not a second one, whoopdee doo. Third thing, why would you want to spend an eternity farming a boss for a one- time use minion when you could have a max level help you that would be so much better. All you have to do is team up, and if you can't, ask people to help you, it's not hard.
      Not using 2 feints is on you. For monstrology, you don't need to farm the Jabberwock. Go farm some mobs for an hour and you'll get enough TC to last a while. Remember that you don't need to use a minion every single fight. Additionally, the Bazaar sells monstrology TC, so go spend some gold you get while questing.
      Can you please be specific, @richardDkht, when you say "the things you spoke about, everyone has to do, they are not class-specific", I don't know what you're talking about, you didn't explain anything. Also, you don't need to have a max level Myth wizard to look up the spells Myth has, and to comment on the school. I have played a Myth wizard up to level 47. I have quested all the way to the end of Mirage, so I also know high-level game play, and I know that it must be frustrating for a soloing Myth wizard.
      Agreed that you don't need to level up a wizard totally to comment on its spells, but this game is pretty easy. Literally anyone can quest throughout the game without using their brain. It's fun to quest on different schools for the variety, but the game isn't any easier or harder, except at very specific points.
      "As of myth, it is the only one that is allowed to fill the four spots of a battlering with either 3 monstrology minions or two monstrology minions and a class minion. No other class can do that, if you had played it a bit more, you'd know.
      A jabberwock minion with 20k health and immunity to fire isn't a wealking that will make mistakes.
      Then, of course, you need to chose the right minions for the right battle, study them, understand how they play etc.. hence you need strategy, and it's a long road paved with patience. And strategy. Tediousness. AND STRATEGY."

You say this but you completely ignore what I actually said about minions. Minions are under-powered, overpriced and screw up your game play. It is ALWAYS better value to attack rather than summoning a minion, you get instant value. Why would you farm a 21,212 health cheating boss 10 - 15 times for a one-time use minion, when a wizard can help you so much more? You are not making sense. Why would you summon 3 minions rather than just kill your enemies?! It doesn't even matter that Myth can have more minions, minions are pathetic. A jabberwock minion would be a 'wealking' compared to a team of wizards you could have when you team up, or even one high level wizard, and it would be so much easier.
      Same comment as before: You don't need to summon a minion every fight. Obviously, having teammates falls under this criteria. Unfortunately, not every is able to find teammates through team up because they're in some obscure boss no one cares about, or they're in a different time zone. Go check out the Olde Town kiosk and see how many people don't have teammates. Most people who grind for the badges only go for Wizard City team ups because they're easy and in F2P zones. Not even joking, go start a team up in WC and then another one in Krok, and measure the time difference between waits. WC will be 1 minute at most; Krok might be 10 or 20 or 60 or never.
      And of course, you'd rather spend hours of your life studying minions and how they play, with strategy, patience, tediousness and strategy, for each individual battle, rather than just actually using your attacks and playing with someone else. There is more strategy in regular game play.
      Here you're assuming that "studying" a mob is equivalent to studying quantum physics.
      Scenario 1: The boss is Storm, what school minion do you use? Myth? Congrats! You're correct!
      Scenario 2: The boss is Life, what school minion do you use? Death? Woah, you're good at this!

I actually did give you facts about why Myth is outclassed by every other school. But here they are again, this time with all the other information so you can't discredit me. Myth has no single target solid hit that all the other schools get. No 4 pip attack, no 5 pip attack, and no 6 pip attack. The only way to get a basic hit that you need is to farm a boss for half your life to get Ninja Pigs, when all the other schools just get them. Fire: Phoenix & Helephant. Ice: Ice Wyvern & Colossus. Storm: Kraken, Stormzilla & Triton. Life: Seraph & Centaur. Death: Vampire, Skeletal Pirate & Wraith. Balance: Spectral Blast & Judgement (x pip) Myth: err... nothing. No 4, 5 or 6 pip single target solid attack. So while all the other schools have solid hits Myth has to go all the way to level 58 (when you'll be in Celestia or Zafaria) with your strongest solid hit being Cyclops, before you finally get a decent solid hit, an 8 pip attack. Have fun soloing.
      1. Again, you're missing out because you' don't want to use Minotaur. Orthrus at 48 does 700 damage total. That is the second highest of the rank 7 spells (behind Fire Dragon).
      2. You're also cherry picking your arguments. Life doesn't get an AoE until 58. Storm drops dead if you breath too hard in their direction. Fire spells take 3 rounds to be useful. Ice and Death are generally weak hitters. Balance literally cannot deal with a Balance boss without spamming Spectral Blast 100 times - which is a heavy RNG spell.
      Now lets move on. Because Myth gets no basic 4, 5 or 6 pip attack, no heals, and no purpose (all the other schools have a purpose, @Cosmos, you've got it right), surely Myth must get a good high damage attack all spell! Nope while every other school gets a good 7 or 8 pip attack all spell, Myth gets a weak 6 pip attack all, with a badly designed secondary effect. It removes all the shields after you've hit, so that your weak spell will get blocked by shields and then remove the ones you didn't care about. Here are more facts, since you like them so much richardDkht. These are the all good 7 or 8 pip attack all spells the other schools get. Fire: Fire Dragon. Ice: Frost Giant. Storm: Storm Lord. Life: Forest Lord. Death: Scarecrow. Balance: Ra.
      Myth just does not have the essential spells that all schools need.
      Keep liking what you think, I will keep stating the facts, and if you want to argue, don't come with nonsensical rubbish, and we can talk.
      I'll agree with Earthquake. Its shield removal is useless, but blade removal is unmatched.

Related to one of you're earlier posts, I think you said that every school has a minion, therefore Myth's are not special? Yes all schools get 2 minions, but Myth gets them earlier and they are more versatile overall. Myth has 6 minions total and another from Witch's House Call, which all vary in use.
      Last edited by Willowdreamer; 12-13-19 at 9:34:06 AM. Reason: personal remarks
      I'm a wizard.

*Erin* is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• *Erin*'s Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Erin RosePetal
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Polaris
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  I prefer Bella after my cat but alas Isabella is only offered in game. Hmm what to do?
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  I got hundreds! Eek not putting them all in...

Mood:
      Angelic

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Saw some people saying myth could not handle higher worlds. We handle it just fine; solo in fact. I do not follow YouTubers but a Jack WizBane had a great video of Myth in action.

Know there is a video somewhere as well that showed Myth hitting harder than storm in Darkmoor when it first came out because people were saying myth could not do it. So as usual we showed Myth can! Forget which thread it was on though to find the link.

Avatar by Wizardpower100, siggy by The Mad Hatter
      ~Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll still land among the stars.~

JakobTheWizard is offline Apprentice Wizard

Mood:
      Happy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Quote Originally Posted by WarWeaver View Post
      Sadly, that's just not as effective as simply using the other turn to stack a different feint and go into a solid hit.
      Exactly right. You can't stack feints with Monotaur, and you need to put two of the same feint on just to use one of them.

@firemaniac221 What do you not understand about the words SOLID HIT? Horseraddish is not an instrument either, neither is Orthorus a solid hit. You obviously don't read any of the other comments, then you'd know why using 2 feints on Minotaur is so outmatched by using a solid hit and 2 stack-able feints.
      I was responding to richardDkht, who talked about using a Jabberwock minion and how awesome that would be. I said that it's ridiculous, which it is, and you think I'm suggested people go farm Jabberwock? Read what I actually said, what you quoted! "Why would you farm a 21,212 health cheating boss 10 - 15 times for a one-time use minion, when a wizard can help you so much more? You are not making sense."
      I'm saying that farming Jabberwock Is stupid.
      Yep, sometimes you can't find friends to help you or people to help you in team-ups. That is a possibility, especially when you're in a bad time zone. But that was one ONE of my points on why minions are impractical. ONE. You completely ignored my other arguments. "Minions are overpriced, under-powered and screw up your game play." You had nothing to say about that. "It is ALWAYS better value to attack rather than summoning a minion, you get instant value." Again, you had nothing to say about this. All you said was that sometimes people can't get other people to help. That's true, still doesn't make minions useful.
      I was responding to richardDkht when he said this: "Then, of course, you need to chose the right minions for the right battle, study them, understand how they play etc.. hence you need strategy, and it's a long road paved with patience. And strategy. Tediousness. AND STRATEGY." , which is a load of baloney, it is not a strategic long road paved with patience and tediousness for each battle just to choose a minion! I actually agree with you, choosing minions is not hard. Why do you think I said "there is more strategy is regular gameplay"?
      Myth has no purpose, no heals, so many spells wasted on useless minions, and nothing unique. Why do you need to be a Myth wizard to use minions? Any school can, it's not even something exclusive to Myth. Just choose any other school and you'll be able to do everything Myth can do and more.
      Please pay attention to what I say. "Myth has no single target solid hit that all the other schools get."
      Same deal for Othorus. Minotaur is not a solid hit, so it leaves Myth very unequipped, with no solid hit above 3 pips until level 58.
      I agree that the other schools have weaknesses, but I was not talking about that. You quoted me on something and then commented on something totally different. I said: "...while every other school gets a good 7 or 8 pip attack all spell, Myth gets a weak 6 pip attack all, with a badly designed secondary effect.
      What do the weaknesses of other schools have to do with the fact that Myth is the only school that doesn't get a substantial damage all attack?
      "Related to one of you're earlier posts, I think you said that every school has a minion, therefore Myth's are not special? Yes all schools get 2 minions, but Myth gets them earlier and they are more versatile overall. Myth has 6 minions total and another from Witch's House Call, which all vary in use."
      Yes, I am aware of this fact! Isn't it great! Myth gets 6 spells wasted on useless minions, and all the other schools only have 2 spells wasted on useless minions! Haha Myth!

Last edited by Willowdreamer; 12-13-19 at 9:39:16 AM. Reason: double posted, removed personal remarks

richardDkht is offline Adept Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by firemaniac221 View Post
      Balance literally cannot deal with a Balance boss without spamming Spectral Blast 100 times - which is a heavy RNG spell.
      just to split hair, that is only right at low level, higher levels get hydra, chimera nested fury and gaze of fate later on, all with elemental/spirit attacks that circumvent balance résistances (but take advantage both of balance bonus and elemental/spirit bonuses..)

For the rest, made my point, not wasting anymore time on answering to somebody that just *wants* to be right. Just change class and live your life, Jacob.

firemaniac221 is offline Master Wizard

• firemaniac221's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  David Earthshield (Fire, 130) | Fred Mythslinger (Myth, 130) | Kevin Stormsword (Storm, 130)
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  King Luke (David) | Nikki (Fred) | Sir Max (Kevin)
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Phoenix (David) | Flying Squirrel (Fred) | Hero Pig (Kevin)

Mood:
      Lagging

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by richardDkht View Post
      just to split hair, that is only right at low level, higher levels get hydra, chimera nested fury and gaze of fate later on, all with elemental/spirit attacks that circumvent balance résistances (but take advantage both of balance bonus and elemental/spirit bonuses..)

For the rest, made my point, not wasting anymore time on answering to somebody that just *wants* to be right. Just change class and live your life, Jacob.
      I know Balance gets other spells to deal with Balance bosses. The argument was "Myth doesn't get a single hit after cyclops until 58, therefore Myth is terrible." My counterargument was that other schools have issues, too, Balance's being that they can't handle their own school until higher levels.

But yea, I agree. It's best to just drop the discussion.
      I'm a wizard.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345