•  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Lucky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Best of the Best Sale???? Not Really!

I was looking forward too the best of the best sale this year as they always have some of the best items for sale. This year it seems like they forgot what the title of the sale was and came out with Oldest of the old gear no one wants sale!! I mean how can you mess up "The best of the best" The title tells you everything you should have in there lol. It seems management over at KI have taken a different direction over the past few months with the whole no crown sale thing and now with this. What do you guys think of the way the game has been managed over the past 6 months?
      Last edited by davidbattleblade; 11-20-19 at 11:17:06 AM.

lethargy101 is offline Fizzled

Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Best of the Best Sale???? Not Really!

I can't say anything tempted me either. What would you have liked to see in this sale? To be honest I'm surprised the flute wands aren't included as they seem ultra popular.
      Last edited by lethargy101; 11-20-19 at 3:15:35 PM.

davidbattleblade is offline Journeyman Wizard

• davidbattleblade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  David Battleblade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Lucky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I was hoping the backpack elixirs would have been half price. This sale used to have all the best selling items in the crown shop on sale. If you look back at previous sales you can really see the difference in what is on offer. As for the lack of a crown sale for the last 3 or 4 months there must have been a change in policy to not offer it anymore. Maybe they are making more money because of this change but I think they should be thinking about customer satisfaction as well. When you offer crowns on sale every 2 weeks for 10 years people see the pattern and expect to pay 60 dollars for 60,000 crowns. It was accepted as the normal price. I often wondered why they didn't just change the price to 60 for 60 permanently but I guess it did work from a marketing standpoint. I wonder who is running the marketing department now because it seems like a mess. Maybe they just don't care about customer satisfaction anymore.
      Last edited by davidbattleblade; 11-20-19 at 5:59:34 PM.

edwardoad is offline Initiate Wizard

• edwardoad's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Eric StormHunter
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Polaris
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Gummy
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  In Progress for a perfect pet....

Mood:
      Relaxed

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by davidbattleblade View Post
      I was hoping the backpack elixirs would have been half price. This sale used to have all the best selling items in the crown shop on sale. If you look back at previous sales you can really see the difference in what is on offer. As for the lack of a crown sale for the last 3 or 4 months there must have been a change in policy to not offer it anymore. Maybe they are making more money because of this change but I think they should be thinking about customer satisfaction as well. When you offer crowns on sale every 2 weeks for 10 years people see the pattern and expect to pay 60 dollars for 60,000 crowns. It was excepted as the normal price. I often wondered why they didn't just change the price to 60 for 60 permanently but I guess it did work from a marketing standpoint. I wonder who is running the marketing department now because it seems like a mess. Maybe they just don't care about customer satisfaction anymore.
      I complete agree with that! Like from a marketing standpoint, the 60 for 60,000 always worked out well. I would always buy crowns when there were sales like those. I have not seen any sales since, so because of that, I'm just waiting to see IF this winter they will have another coupon code for online sales. If they do not, then I may not buy crowns for that reason.

I don't see why they do not do it. Selling more 60 for 60 is making money than selling less crowns at the current prices. What is mind boggling is this is all digital, so what's the catch for not putting things up for sale? It's not taking an human resources physically, the work has been done and paid for already when the currency is digital.
      Eric StormHunter 107 Christo BlueLeaf 102 Eric FireHunter 70 Eric DreamCaster 70 Eric IceBreaker 52 Eric MythHunter 37 Eric DeathHunter 37

Bailey Jade is offline Promethean Wizard

• Bailey Jade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I personally think it might be based on over the years. The gear that is on special now has been around for a long time and it just might be one of the highest purchase sets out there, thus its called the best of the best.

Now, for myself, I have most of it already in my banks and all my girls are high enough that I wont bother with it any more. However, it does not mean I wouldn not buy it in the future, if I should ever make a 4th account. This gear is not bad for new players. Its very good, well rounded gear for the lower worlds and it does not require several pack, like Professor Hoard. It's honestly the better deal.

The bigger issue in why I would not buy this, is because, it cost crowns and we have not seen a crown sale in a very long time. I honestly would think that KI is seeing lower sales due to this. I am wondering more and more if they are doing this so when they put it up, we would buy a lot more in the sales thinking it might be a long time till we see another sale. I am only speculating on this, keep in mind.

Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets

Padfoot101 is offline Adept Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by davidbattleblade View Post
      What do you guys think of the way the game has been managed over the past 6 months?
      like its preping for a buyer.

what dose a buyer want to see?

-lots of new people making accounts or coming back - ftue improved and lots of wiz city events and new dungeon ect
      -lots of memberships - loads of member sales and no crown sale option
      -lots of money spent at once when a event or sale - night night thing. packs released etc. new content 6k. all with no sales crowns. also if they do a crown sale just before xmas they will see a big jump in crowns sold then cos of no sales in forever.
      -even get rid of gardening is timed for max money right now - some people what were double up there garden will of just paid for the seeds now cos its gone and packs for jewel plants and also all the money on double garden elixirs that got wasted to.
      -shut up the pvp complants with promise there working on it so less online stuff say its broken ect

best year ever = time to sell? somthing smells fishy

KingNothing is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• KingNothing's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Chris Fireheart
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Gloomy Eye

Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Padfoot101 View Post
      like its preping for a buyer.

what dose a buyer want to see?

-lots of new people making accounts or coming back - ftue improved and lots of wiz city events and new dungeon ect
      -lots of memberships - loads of member sales and no crown sale option
      -lots of money spent at once when a event or sale - night night thing. packs released etc. new content 6k. all with no sales crowns. also if they do a crown sale just before xmas they will see a big jump in crowns sold then cos of no sales in forever.
      -even get rid of gardening is timed for max money right now - some people what were double up there garden will of just paid for the seeds now cos its gone and packs for jewel plants and also all the money on double garden elixirs that got wasted to.
      -shut up the pvp complants with promise there working on it so less online stuff say its broken ect

I do agree that some of the signs may point to KI attempting to make themselves look good to a potential buyer. I would also argue they are making a mistake by stopping the crown sales in an attempt to do this. In my case, with no crown sales, I have stopped buying crowns which means I have stopped spending them. My pet training has all but stopped, I did not buy one single Halloween pack, in fact I have not purchased any packs since September when all of the crown sale stopped. I have not fished in forever. I have not purchased anything from the crown store or any new bundle, pack or palooza event that cost crowns. Over the last 8-10 weeks they have missed out on potentially hundreds of dollars from me. Even worse, I'm now going to change the way I use to spend on this game. If a crown sale were to happen, sure I'm going to buy some, but I'm not going to spend them like I use to. If it takes another 8-10 weeks for another sale to come around then I'm going to have to carefully budget my crowns. So for me, what once was a little cash cow for KI has now been greatly reduced by their poor decision making process.

Bailey Jade is offline Promethean Wizard

• Bailey Jade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
      I do agree that some of the signs may point to KI attempting to make themselves look good to a potential buyer. I would also argue they are making a mistake by stopping the crown sales in an attempt to do this. In my case, with no crown sales, I have stopped buying crowns which means I have stopped spending them. My pet training has all but stopped, I did not buy one single Halloween pack, in fact I have not purchased any packs since September when all of the crown sale stopped. I have not fished in forever. I have not purchased anything from the crown store or any new bundle, pack or palooza event that cost crowns. Over the last 8-10 weeks they have missed out on potentially hundreds of dollars from me. Even worse, I'm now going to change the way I use to spend on this game. If a crown sale were to happen, sure I'm going to buy some, but I'm not going to spend them like I use to. If it takes another 8-10 weeks for another sale to come around then I'm going to have to carefully budget my crowns. So for me, what once was a little cash cow for KI has now been greatly reduced by their poor decision making process.
      Everything you said here, I agree 100% and basically what I am doing and going to do. The only difference is, I have bought some bundles, being that they have not changed. Like you, I used to spend and buy a lot more when I knew there was going to be a crown sale. Like you my hatching has completely slowed down to almost nothing, one hatch a day and not buying any elixirs for long time hatches or anything like that.

Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets

KingNothing is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• KingNothing's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Chris Fireheart
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Gloomy Eye

Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey Jade View Post
      Everything you said here, I agree 100% and basically what I am doing and going to do. The only difference is, I have bought some bundles, being that they have not changed. Like you, I used to spend and buy a lot more when I knew there was going to be a crown sale. Like you my hatching has completely slowed down to almost nothing, one hatch a day and not buying any elixirs for long time hatches or anything like that.
      Just FYI...crown sales are over. I noticed last night they placed a "ends today" banner over the last membership sale. This morning they removed it and just left the "Become a Member, What's New and Gift Cards" links up. The fourth spot where they would normally place the crown sale link is empty. They've done this several times over the last couple of months. I believe it is official, crown sales are over!
      Last edited by KingNothing; 11-21-19 at 11:36:24 AM.

lethargy101 is offline Fizzled

Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Padfoot101 View Post

Yep I've wondered if this is what it's about, selling Wiz101 quite some time ago.
      Last edited by lethargy101; 11-21-19 at 2:42:01 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast