• Aggressive
  • Alienated
  • Amazed
  • Amazed2
  • Amused2
  • Angelic
  • Angry2
  • Apelike
  • Artistic
  • Balanced
  • Bashful
  • Blah
  • Bookworm
  • Bored
  • Breezy
  • Brooding
  • Busy
  • Chatty
  • Cheeky
  • Cheerful
  • Cloud 9
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool2
  • Creative
  • Curious
  • Cynical
  • Daring
  • Devilish
  • Disagree
  • Doh
  • Doubtful
  • Drama Queen
  • Dreaming
  • Elated
  • Energetic
  • Fiendish
  • Fine
  • Gloomy
  • Goofy
  • Grumpy2
  • Happy2
  • Hot
  • In Pain
  • Innocent2
  • Insomnious
  • Inspired
  • Lonely
  • Lucky
  • Lurking
  • Mellow
  • Mischievious
  • Monday Blues
  • Musical
  • Nerdy
  • No Mood
  • Not Amused
  • Notworthy
  • Paranoid
  • Pensive
  • Predatory
  • Procrastinating
  • Psychedelic
  • Relaxed
  • Sad2
  • Scared
  • Scurvy
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Sleeping
  • Sleepy
  • Sluggish
  • Sneaky2
  • Snobbish
  • Spooky
  • Sporty
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Sunshine
  • Sweet Tooth
  • Thinking
  • Torn
  • Twisted
  • Vegged Out
  • Volatile
  • Woot
  • Worried
  • Yee Haw
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrg!
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh!
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • At Work
  • Eating
  • Editing
  • Lagging
  • Netflix
  • No Status
  • PC Gaming
  • PS Gaming
  • Raging
  • Sleeping2
  • Steam Gaming
  • Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • Results 1 to 6 of 6
    1. #1
      HeyItsVa1's Avatar
        HeyItsVa1 is offline Novice Wizard

      • HeyItsVa1's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Amanda Dragonpetal
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  78
        •  World:
        •  Avalon
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Roxie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Flamenco Tocador (Ultra)
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      May 2019
      Posts
      1
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      0
      Thanks (Received)
      1
      Gold
      28.50

      Quest Tree Redirect Code

      I'm new to editing the wiki, so forgive me if this is an obvious question. I went to the Avalon quest tree to try to add the redirect links, but there were some numbers in the code I didn't understand the origin/purpose of. For example, one line reads "rect 239 172 443 201 [[Quest: Who Knows?|Who Knows?]]". The part I can't quite figure out is the "239 [...] 201" string. Does it matter if I replicate this? Is it info found on each quest page? Thanks.
      Come find me on my unicorn & I'll see you in the spiral!

    2. #2
      AluraMist's Avatar
        AluraMist is offline Wiki Master
      Status: Catching dreams ...
       
      Mood:
      Shy
       
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Posts
      6,090
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      15781
      Thanks (Received)
      10977
      Gold
      10,996.00

      Re: Quest Tree Redirect Code

      Quote Originally Posted by HeyItsVa1 View Post
      I'm new to editing the wiki, so forgive me if this is an obvious question. I went to the Avalon quest tree to try to add the redirect links, but there were some numbers in the code I didn't understand the origin/purpose of. For example, one line reads "rect 239 172 443 201 [[Quest: Who Knows?|Who Knows?]]". The part I can't quite figure out is the "239 [...] 201" string. Does it matter if I replicate this? Is it info found on each quest page? Thanks.
      Thanks for trying to update the Wiki and the Avalon Quest Tree.

      A simple answer to your question would be "No. You cannot replicate the linkable code."

      The Wiki Quest Trees were converted to imagemap with clickable links.

      This is beyond my knowledge for 'coding' on the Wiki. So I would have to ask that one of the other Wiki Masters reply on this.

      @FritzFunBringer, @Monochromatic Bunny, @Pyro, @RedValkyre99, @Zane ... FYI ...

      In the meantime, since you are new to editing the Wiki, maybe these two links will help:

      Wiki:Editing Guide which includes the "Rules" and other 'blue links' to more detailed information.

      Guide to Editing the Wiki - Standards which explains editing in a very simple way.

      Also, on the Main Page of the Wiki, in the left-hand column, there are many categories with a drop-down menu for additional info too.

      Hope that helps.

      AluraMist
      Wiki Master
      Last edited by AluraMist; 5-11-19 at 11:54:54 AM. Reason: Spelling
      Dare to catch your best dreams and live them with eyes wide open. Sweet dreams always.
      The DreamCatcher.

    3. #3
      RedValkyre99's Avatar
        RedValkyre99 is offline Wiki Master
      Status: Still believe in Magic...
       
      Mood:
      Cheerful
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Posts
      1,072
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      911
      Thanks (Received)
      1762
      Gold
      22,674.82

      Re: Quest Tree Redirect Code

      The numbers define rectangular regions on the image that can be clicked on to follow the associated link. The first two numbers are the x and y pixel offset for the upper left point in the rectangle. The second two numbers are the lower right point in the rectangle.
      Note that the images shown on the tree pages are scaled, so in order to get the regions correct you need to use the actual raw image. For the Avalon quest tree this is the appropriate image to use: (Quest)_Avalon_Quest_Tree_Draft.jpg

      After downloading the image (in full resolution), open it within an image program like Microsoft Paint. Move the cursor to appropriate position on the image and look at the x,y readout to get the pixel positions. Here is picture showing the upper left point circled in red:

      Feel free to post again if you run into trouble.

    4. #4
      AluraMist's Avatar
        AluraMist is offline Wiki Master
      Status: Catching dreams ...
       
      Mood:
      Shy
       
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Posts
      6,090
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      15781
      Thanks (Received)
      10977
      Gold
      10,996.00

      Re: Quest Tree Redirect Code

      Quote Originally Posted by RedValkyre99 View Post
      The numbers define rectangular regions on the image that can be clicked on to follow the associated link. The first two numbers are the x and y pixel offset for the upper left point in the rectangle. The second two numbers are the lower right point in the rectangle.
      Note that the images shown on the tree pages are scaled, so in order to get the regions correct you need to use the actual raw image. For the Avalon quest tree this is the appropriate image to use: (Quest)_Avalon_Quest_Tree_Draft.jpg

      After downloading the image (in full resolution), open it within an image program like Microsoft Paint. Move the cursor to appropriate position on the image and look at the x,y readout to get the pixel positions. Here is picture showing the upper left point circled in red:

      Feel free to post again if you run into trouble.
      Thanks @RedValkyre99 for the detailed instructions.

      I tried to add one clickable hotlink to the Avalon Quest Tree as a test. Here is my edit:

      http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki...t&oldid=614953

      I ended up with two questions:

      1. How 'exact' must the rectangle numbers be? I tried to go with the largest round number that I could see.

      2. I got an error message when I uploaded the sets of numbers, because the Quest Name was changed on the Wiki. So, I changed the Quest Name on my edit, and the clickable link works okay.

      But ... how do I edit the raw Image of the Quest Tree to show the corrected Quest Name?

      AluraMist
      Last edited by AluraMist; 5-12-19 at 11:32:00 AM. Reason: Spelling
      Dare to catch your best dreams and live them with eyes wide open. Sweet dreams always.
      The DreamCatcher.

    5. #5
      RedValkyre99's Avatar
        RedValkyre99 is offline Wiki Master
      Status: Still believe in Magic...
       
      Mood:
      Cheerful
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Posts
      1,072
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      911
      Thanks (Received)
      1762
      Gold
      22,674.82

      Re: Quest Tree Redirect Code

      Quote Originally Posted by AluraMist View Post
      1. How 'exact' must the rectangle numbers be? I tried to go with the largest round number that I could see.
      Glad to see you trying it! Pretty easy, right? It doesn't have to be that precise. At worst you'd be off by a few pixels which should make almost no difference to usability.
      Quote Originally Posted by AluraMist View Post
      2. But ... how do I edit the raw Image of the Quest Tree to show the corrected Quest Name?
      You have to actually edit the image. To do this you'd need to use an image program to modify it. Since this is a simple change, you could just do it in Microsoft Paint (select the word "Wyrd" using the select box and drag it back to cover over the word "the" and then fill in the gap that is left - easy way to do that is eyedropper the red color and use the fill). Let me know if you run into trouble.
      Last edited by RedValkyre99; 5-12-19 at 12:28:55 PM.

    6. #6
      AluraMist's Avatar
        AluraMist is offline Wiki Master
      Status: Catching dreams ...
       
      Mood:
      Shy
       
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Posts
      6,090
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      15781
      Thanks (Received)
      10977
      Gold
      10,996.00

      Re: Quest Tree Redirect Code

      Quote Originally Posted by RedValkyre99 View Post
      Glad to see you trying it! Pretty easy, right? It doesn't have to be that precise. At worst you'd be off by a few pixels which should make almost no difference to usability.

      You have to actually edit the image. To do this you'd need to use an image program to modify it. Since this is a simple change, you could just do it in Microsoft Paint (select the word "Wyrd" using the select box and drag it back to cover over the word "the" and then fill in the gap that is left - easy way to do that is eyedropper the red color and use the fill). Let me know if you run into trouble.
      Well, it's easy, if you know what you're doing.

      Thanks again for the help. I did edit the Quest Name, and I added two more clickable hotlinks. Easy, but it takes time ...

      AluraMist
      Dare to catch your best dreams and live them with eyes wide open. Sweet dreams always.
      The DreamCatcher.

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •