•  Divine

Mood:
      Spooky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: 7th character slot. Good news and Bad

It's a reasonable price. That extra character slot can be worth 1 to upwards of 100,000 crowns depending on how much time you spend into it. And I assume there will be discount days for that just like the grandmaster elixir. This is one of the posts where I will agree with KI despite their multiple failures in the game. They finally add another slot for your wizard and now it's considered too expensive? There is no set price on it because you can't calculate the value for another character. Yes you can create another account with 5 more slots on it but can you transfer all your things throughout that account?

Again, the people complaining about this is absurd especially considering how people have always asked KI for this feature and they finally get it now. I think KI should raise the price higher so you people would stop complaining. There will never be an end to people complaining on this forum and on media. It's simple, you either buy it or you don't. You can get it when it's on sale which it will inevitably be due to the amount of whiners on game and here but you're not forced to purchase it. If 18,000 (which is equivalent to $36 at normal price) is really too much then delete a wizard and have yourself a free slot without having to pay for it. I can guarantee that there will be a post complaining about how the friend's list and backpack expansion elixirs are also too expensive.

Fiona DragonEyes is offline Magus Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      No Status

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Legendthief View Post
      It's a reasonable price. ... which is equivalent to $36 at normal price ...
      I don't understand the hostility toward people who want a 7th character slot but think the asking price is too much.

I will speak for myself and say that I spend money on this game. I have no problem spending money on this game. What I am dismayed about is that all enhancements now cost money, things that I view should be part of the game already. Examples of this are larger backpacks, bigger banks, a 7th character slot, seeds and tcs stored like reagents.

KI can charge for any aspect the decision makers choose. They could decide one day to charge each time we log on just for the privilege of logging on. Imagine the outrage that would cause. Would you deem the "complaining about this absurd" like you think the 7th character slot complaining is? I think what players find absurd is not being able to create a wizard for each school as a baked-in part of the game.

KI revamped Wizard City with updated graphics. Imagine all the people who wouldn't be able to sleep waiting for this test realm to go live so they could start a new wizard and run through the new graphics. I believe the world would be populated with many wizards wanting to see all the changes and experience the new stuff like the short cyclopes. (Seriously, cyclopes is the plural of cyclops according to American Dictionary.) Instead of that, KI decided to charge for the privilege of making a 7th character, so now people are taking pause to decide if between $18 and $36, depending on how you purchase your crowns, is worth checking that out. There will be people paying for the privilege of creating a 7th character, but there could have been a whole lot more of them enjoying the new graphics, making friends, and keeping this game going longer.

I beg to differ on which part of this issue is absurd.
      Last edited by Fiona DragonEyes; 4-5-19 at 2:54:52 PM.

DarkFire054 is offline Journeyman Wizard

• DarkFire054's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Wolf LegendCaller
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Mirage
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Patch
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Intrepid Seal

Mood:
      Steam Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Legendthief View Post
      It's a reasonable price. That extra character slot can be worth 1 to upwards of 100,000 crowns depending on how much time you spend into it. And I assume there will be discount days for that just like the grandmaster elixir. This is one of the posts where I will agree with KI despite their multiple failures in the game. They finally add another slot for your wizard and now it's considered too expensive? There is no set price on it because you can't calculate the value for another character. Yes you can create another account with 5 more slots on it but can you transfer all your things throughout that account?

Again, the people complaining about this is absurd especially considering how people have always asked KI for this feature and they finally get it now. I think KI should raise the price higher so you people would stop complaining. There will never be an end to people complaining on this forum and on media. It's simple, you either buy it or you don't. You can get it when it's on sale which it will inevitably be due to the amount of whiners on game and here but you're not forced to purchase it. If 18,000 (which is equivalent to $36 at normal price) is really too much then delete a wizard and have yourself a free slot without having to pay for it. I can guarantee that there will be a post complaining about how the friend's list and backpack expansion elixirs are also too expensive.

Ah the usual "Stop complaing because you have to pay" agurement that plauges every game fourm, I think you fail to udnerstand just why people are complaing, It has nothing to do with the fact that they are charging for a 7th slot (which honestly is greedy in it's own right when you consider Pirate has enough slots to level every class and sitll have a free slot to use) , it's the fact that compared to other games on the makret, KI is charging an abusrd ammount of money:

- Guild Wars2 charges 800 Gems for a character expasnion slot, which is around $10, Keep in mind the base game is ENITERLY FREE, not Wiz free where you get 2% of the game FTP, the only thing you have to buy is expasnions, and even then you can convert gold to not even have to spend money on Gem store items

- Warframe Charges 20 Platinuim for extra Frame slots and 12 for weapons, which gives you 2, the cheapest option is 5$ for 75 Plat, and even if you can't/ don't spend money, you can trade vauleables for Plat with players and buy it for free, oh and the game is ENITERLY FREE

- You only need ONE character slot in Final Fantasy XIV due to being able to level EVERY class on one character, and while one can use Alts there's more than enough slots if people want to mess around with different races, classes or just have various characters for fashion or roleplay, and while the game does have a sub free and expansions, You have more than enough slots

Usually the Average pirce I see games charge is about $10 or so for the privelge to have another character, and while this number will vary a little I've never seen it go any further than that, plus most MMOs give you more than enough slots to work with or offer ways to work towards a slot without having to drop money a player might not have

In comparasion, KI is attempting to charge nearly tripple the price compared to the competeiors, with no way of working towards it if it's outside someones price range or realm of resason, on top of this, you'd still have to pay a sub fee to even level said character up, making this whole move seem pretty Anti-consumer, you see, they could have just given everyone a freebee and given us the 7th slot for nothing, but instead they went and pried on player desire and locked in behind a paywall with no other way of aquring it, Bag/Bank and Friend expansions are one thing, since they are utililty and are fairly cheap compared to the current asking price to actually have all the classes on one account, which is something most people of any game like to have since it gives a sesne of completiiton..

TL;DR: KI is being greedy and charing far too much for the preivlege of leveling the class you skipped through they're boring slogfest of a game that you still have to pay to play 99% of, when it's competitors either charge far less or have ways of working to get it for FREE, and the fact that people are defending these preadatory cash shop pratcies is pretty saddening
      The Dynamic Duo: Ivan(s)? and Wizard

SorceressMiklai is offline Magus Wizard

• SorceressMiklai's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  I have 84 wizards of all schools; take your pick :)
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Zafaria
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  ~Pet Mistress~
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  ~Pet Extraordinaire~

Mood:
      Cloud 9

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmasteralpha View Post
      This is way too expensive... The fact that they made it a crowns purchase already puts a bad taste in your mouth, but I think people could stomach a few thousand crowns at most.

KI, you either need to make this way cheaper or free entirely. Most people have been asking for a 7th character sloth for a long time just so they can have one of each school on one account. Having a 7th slot offers no technical advantage of any sort which is what your pricing suggests.

Dual and Triple boxers are laughing at this price. You're not going to sell a lot of these. Your only clientele will be the insane people that solo the game with each class.
      As someone who has 14 active accounts (7 questing with wizards from 46-124) I would totally buy into this. I double, triple, and quad box all the time. I get so many good drops or pets that are for a school I don't have on that account and end up having to trash them. Or bank them in the hopes we got a 7th slot. Now that we do, I can use those items

Of course I would wait to see if it goes on sale or not but think of the countless crowns we've wasted on packs, and intangible items like henchman, elixirs, and other stuff that we don't have permanently. A 7th wizard would be a permanent investment. And if you DON'T want to quest on it again, you can always wait for the level 50 elixir to go on sale and raise it up that way.

~SM~
      Spoiler
      Follow Your Own Path

edwardoad is offline Initiate Wizard

• edwardoad's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Eric StormHunter
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Polaris
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Gummy
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  In Progress for a perfect pet....

Mood:
      Relaxed

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

All one can hope now is that you can transfer wizards between your accounts without both of them REQUIRING a full year membership. Unreal.

Back on the topic of the elixir, I love this news!
      Eric StormHunter 107 Christo BlueLeaf 102 Eric FireHunter 70 Eric DreamCaster 70 Eric IceBreaker 52 Eric MythHunter 37 Eric DeathHunter 37

Alia Dawnbreaker is offline Apprentice Wizard

Mood:
      Amused2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Being a mostly crowns player, I was made aware recently that not everything you need or want to succeed in the game comes easily. I couldnt land a participation trophy to save myself! So I did what I said I would never do and bought a year's membership, just so I could use gold instead of crowns and let myself get hammered in pvp (It's never been a 'thing' for me) and am now amassing a decent rate of participation trophies, just for losing lol.

I've bought almost all areas with the exception of Empyrea part 2. I have two accounts, the second is used mainly for transferring items between wizards on my main account. I havent bought areas on the second account, and have one character there who most days cannot complete the daily quest because while I once had membership for that account also, I dont anymore. Money is simply too tight for me to pay for membership for 2 accounts.

This idea of paying for the 7th character slot is both good news and bad for me. I can most certainly see the benefit of it, and have spoken about the possibility of it happening with my adult son on many occasions, it is something we both wanted to see eventuate. But the cost isnt something I was anticipating, nor is it what I can comfortably afford. I have only ever bought crowns when they were on sale, and even then with our exchange rate (being Australian) it can be prohibitive. I still balk at throwing 50 crowns into a boss chest, knowing that 9 times out of 10 it wont yield anything useful.

Would I be happy to have a 7th character slot? YES! Am I happy, as a mostly crowns player, to pay the current price? NO! Please bring the price down, for both membership purchasers AND crowns players alike. We are not all made of money but our interest in this game hasnt wavered much, till maybe now.

Sophia Stormweaver is offline Journeyman Wizard

• Sophia Stormweaver's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sophia Stormweaver
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Taz
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Spark Beast

Mood:
      Angelic

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Be sure to gamble your money on packs too

In A Gentle Way, You Can Shake The World.
      Gandhi

My illustrated short stories: Pain and Pleasure Dome and Heroes Together

Indemnity is offline Journeyman Wizard

• Indemnity's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Michael
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Mirage
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm

Mood:
      Procrastinating

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Idk, 18,000 does feel like a lot. I feel like it should be 10,000 / 12500 at most. I feel like any less than that wouldn't be worth it for KI. You can't blame them, they have to make money, it's not their fault. At least you don't have to make another account which would've costed probably a lot more.
      the one, the only,
      I N D E M N I T Y

lethargy101 is offline Fizzled

Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Indemnity View Post
      Idk, 18,000 does feel like a lot. I feel like it should be 10,000 / 12500 at most. I feel like any less than that wouldn't be worth it for KI. You can't blame them, they have to make money, it's not their fault. At least you don't have to make another account which would've costed probably a lot more.
      Even if the 7th slot was free it would keep players playing which is good for the game even if they are crown players, they may spend more crowns. It keep memberships rolling, it probably would bring players back who left with nothing to do. Lets be honest all they have done is create another class room and no doubt little time was needed to make this a reality. They probably spent more time in meetings deciding how much to fleece us players (for something that should have been part of the original game 10 years ago), than making it it happen.

Paige Whisper is offline Journeyman Wizard

• Paige Whisper's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Paige Whisper
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sheriff Snoopie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra
      ----

Mood:
      Bookworm

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by edwardoad View Post
      All one can hope now is that you can transfer wizards between your accounts without both of them REQUIRING a full year membership. Unreal.
      Hope granted
      Paige Whisper Jacob Flame Ryan RainCaller Kiley Dusk Fallon Dawn Sarah OwlRider Nora StoryDust

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast