What did you accomplish today? Page 564 - Wizard101 Forum and Wizard101 Fansite
   
  • Aggressive
  • Alienated
  • Amazed
  • Amazed2
  • Amused2
  • Angelic
  • Angry2
  • Apelike
  • Artistic
  • Balanced
  • Bashful
  • Blah
  • Bookworm
  • Bored
  • Breezy
  • Brooding
  • Busy
  • Chatty
  • Cheeky
  • Cheerful
  • Cloud 9
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool2
  • Creative
  • Curious
  • Cynical
  • Daring
  • Devilish
  • Disagree
  • Doh
  • Doubtful
  • Drama Queen
  • Dreaming
  • Elated
  • Energetic
  • Fiendish
  • Fine
  • Gloomy
  • Goofy
  • Grumpy2
  • Happy2
  • Hot
  • In Pain
  • Innocent2
  • Insomnious
  • Inspired
  • Lonely
  • Lucky
  • Lurking
  • Mellow
  • Mischievious
  • Monday Blues
  • Musical
  • Nerdy
  • No Mood
  • Not Amused
  • Notworthy
  • Paranoid
  • Pensive
  • Predatory
  • Procrastinating
  • Psychedelic
  • Relaxed
  • Sad2
  • Scared
  • Scurvy
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Sleeping
  • Sleepy
  • Sluggish
  • Sneaky2
  • Snobbish
  • Spooky
  • Sporty
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Sunshine
  • Sweet Tooth
  • Thinking
  • Torn
  • Twisted
  • Vegged Out
  • Volatile
  • Woot
  • Worried
  • Yee Haw
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrg!
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh!
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • At Work
  • Eating
  • Editing
  • Lagging
  • Netflix
  • No Status
  • PC Gaming
  • PS Gaming
  • Raging
  • Sleeping2
  • Steam Gaming
  • Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • Page 564 of 572 FirstFirst ... 64464514554560561562563564565566567568 ... LastLast
    Results 5,631 to 5,640 of 5711
    1. #5631
        sparkyflamefire is offline Magus Wizard

      • sparkyflamefire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      1,122
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      607
      Thanks (Received)
      1380
      Gold
      895.00

      Re: What did you accomplish today?

      Quote Originally Posted by bluedreamer View Post
      Seriously though a 4% chance in fizzling and I fizzled! I don't know much about statistics but I'm sure if I did that spell 100 times, the odds on fizzling even once must be lower than 4%, Given it's the same odds every single time you use the spell. I doubt there's 100 sided dice but if there was, I would love to see someone rolled it 100 times just to see if the numbers 1, 2, 3 and 4 came up just once.
      I did take some statistics classes in college, and the ballpark figure is that with a 4% fizzle rate, if you do the spell 100 times, it should fizzle on average 4 times.

      A 4% fizzle rate is another way of saying it has a 96% success rate.

      With a 96% success rate, if you do it 100 times, it should succeed EVERY time (.96)^100 = 1.68% of the time.

      So the probability of it fizzling at least once in those 100 tries is 1 - .0168 = 98.3%

      In other words, the more times you try to cast the spell, the higher the probability that it will fizzle at least once.

      When people say that the dice have no memory, they mean that if you have already flipped a coin 99 times and it has come up heads every single time, then the next time you flip it there is still a 50% chance of getting another heads on that flip. But if you start from scratch and flip it 100 times, then chances are miniscule that you will get 100 heads in a row.

    2. #5632
      bluedreamer's Avatar
        bluedreamer is online now Journeyman Wizard
      Status: Feeling cold
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2022
      Posts
      386
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      914
      Thanks (Received)
      532
      Gold
      693.00

      Re: What did you accomplish today?

      Quote Originally Posted by sparkyflamefire View Post
      I did take some statistics classes in college, and the ballpark figure is that with a 4% fizzle rate, if you do the spell 100 times, it should fizzle on average 4 times.

      A 4% fizzle rate is another way of saying it has a 96% success rate.

      With a 96% success rate, if you do it 100 times, it should succeed EVERY time (.96)^100 = 1.68% of the time.

      So the probability of it fizzling at least once in those 100 tries is 1 - .0168 = 98.3%

      In other words, the more times you try to cast the spell, the higher the probability that it will fizzle at least once.

      When people say that the dice have no memory, they mean that if you have already flipped a coin 99 times and it has come up heads every single time, then the next time you flip it there is still a 50% chance of getting another heads on that flip. But if you start from scratch and flip it 100 times, then chances are miniscule that you will get 100 heads in a row.
      Isn't that the point? It's 4% every single time, as in this case. Obviously there's no statistician who plays the game, however the odds, statistically… As someone without a true background in statistics, should practically never happen. I learned as a life wizard, even with 10% fail, you really fail more than 10%.

      The game stats, if I was to be honest, are not what they tell us. Unless you are 100% on any stat.

    3. #5633
        sparkyflamefire is offline Magus Wizard

      • sparkyflamefire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      1,122
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      607
      Thanks (Received)
      1380
      Gold
      895.00

      Re: What did you accomplish today?

      Quote Originally Posted by bluedreamer View Post
      Isn't that the point? It's 4% every single time, as in this case. Obviously there's no statistician who plays the game, however the odds, statistically… As someone without a true background in statistics, should practically never happen. I learned as a life wizard, even with 10% fail, you really fail more than 10%.

      The game stats, if I was to be honest, are not what they tell us. Unless you are 100% on any stat.
      I was speaking from a truly statistical perspective. I have noticed that in the game, that often we do get more fizzles than probability would predict. And that fizzles tend to occur even more frequently in critical situatiions. For example, I get more fizzles trying to cast an AOE in a level 2 fight in the deckathalon than at any other time.

    4. #5634
      bluedreamer's Avatar
        bluedreamer is online now Journeyman Wizard
      Status: Feeling cold
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2022
      Posts
      386
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      914
      Thanks (Received)
      532
      Gold
      693.00

      Re: What did you accomplish today?

      Quote Originally Posted by sparkyflamefire View Post
      I was speaking from a truly statistical perspective. I have noticed that in the game, that often we do get more fizzles than probability would predict. And that fizzles tend to occur even more frequently in critical situatiions. For example, I get more fizzles trying to cast an AOE in a level 2 fight in the deckathalon than at any other time.
      That really doesn't surprise me!

      I remember when I was new to the game the amount of times that a fizzle ended up killing me. So I always aim for the best possible accuracy I can get especially when questing. The advent of accuracy jewels was one of the best additions to the game.

    5. #5635
      RookieRecurve's Avatar
        RookieRecurve is offline Master Wizard

      • RookieRecurve's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Ian Lionstalker
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  92
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Many
      Status: Missing the old W101 days
       
      Mood:
      Awesome
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Posts
      1,986
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2105
      Thanks (Received)
      1338
      Gold
      6,948.00
      Blog Entries
      7

      Re: What did you accomplish today?

      Today's wizarding adventures mostly revolved around Storm Deckathalon stuff. I have beat the 8th floor, and can craft the level 8 deck, but I am going to keep my level 6 deck until all of my wizards have achieved the Rune Pack reward. I can get the first three floors done in about 10 minutes, so it isn't too long to get up to that 225 point level. Looking at the requirements to craft the level 10 decks, it is going to take me a few events to get enough reagents to craft one of those!

      On the pet front, I have been mostly working on Deckathalon pets. Something with a whole bunch of May-Cast heals will be nice, although a lot of these pets are failing at Ancient. Oh well, slow and steady, and I will eventually have a nice collection of pets ready for the towers. I don't wish to farm for gold, so I am relying on my gardens to keep my hatching habit well financed.

      Speaking of gardening, my Ninja Fig/Deadly Ninja Fig garden is coming along. I recently watched a tutorial on how to make a single layer 69 large-plot garden, so once I get enough Ninja Figs, I will create that garden. Currently, I am using a 4x9 plot. I am still growing Silver Trumpet Vine for the gold, Fickle Pickle for reagents and Steal Ward, and Orange Dandelion for Parchment.

      - - - Updated - - -

      Quote Originally Posted by sparkyflamefire View Post
      I was finally able to craft the Doomsday Krok Gauntlet, using time limes acquired solely from doing special events: Deckathalon, and Scroll of Fortune.
      Have you run the dungeon yet? Any good drops?

      - - - Updated - - -

      Quote Originally Posted by bluedreamer View Post
      I've been working my little death in Avalon today and finally opened up Avalon Gardening! Annoyingly I didn't have enough gold but eventually crossed the line to buy "plant all" the single best gardening spell … At least in my opinion.
      I wish this spell was available at lower levels, or that the TC wasn't so incredibly rare.

    6. #5636
      bluedreamer's Avatar
        bluedreamer is online now Journeyman Wizard
      Status: Feeling cold
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jun 2022
      Posts
      386
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      914
      Thanks (Received)
      532
      Gold
      693.00

      Re: What did you accomplish today?

      My baby storm has just finished Azteca fishing. My baby fire is slowly working his way through Mooshu.

      Quote Originally Posted by RookieRecurve View Post
      I wish this spell was available at lower levels, or that the TC wasn't so incredibly rare.
      I completely agree! My baby fire wizard has been a top-level gardener for maybe seven or eight years and should be able to train it.

    7. #5637
        sparkyflamefire is offline Magus Wizard

      • sparkyflamefire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Posts
      1,122
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      607
      Thanks (Received)
      1380
      Gold
      895.00

      Re: What did you accomplish today?

      Quote Originally Posted by RookieRecurve View Post

      Have you run the dungeon yet? Any good drops?
      Quite disappointed. The boss battle is a typical example of what I have come to hate about cheating bosses. Not that it was hard, at least not once I checked out the wiki to find out the cheats, but I hate having to do that.

      As for drops, not much there. Did get an elemental retriever reagent, but that's about it.

    8. #5638
      Flash33's Avatar
        Flash33 is online now Exalted

      • Flash33's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Seth Shadowcloud
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Moon
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Queen Bandit
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fire Serpent
      Status: Let's be mischievous.
       
      Mood:
      Musical
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2009
      Posts
      11,226
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2728
      Thanks (Received)
      11089
      Gold
      11,147.60
      Blog Entries
      104

      Re: What did you accomplish today?

      Attempted my first raid with the Central Guild yesterday, and while it did end in failure (we could only beat 2 of the 3 wave 1 bosses before time ran out) I did learn some stuff for the next time I try it, and I even got some new badges out of it to boot, so that's something at least.

    9. #5639
      Sierra SeaSong's Avatar
        Sierra SeaSong is offline Transcendent Wizard

      • Sierra SeaSong's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sierra SeaSong
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  100
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Xena
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast
      Status: Um
       
      Mood:
      Bored
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Posts
      5,728
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2414
      Thanks (Received)
      7524
      Gold
      6,074.76

      Re: What did you accomplish today?

      Quote Originally Posted by Flash33 View Post
      Attempted my first raid with the Central Guild yesterday, and while it did end in failure (we could only beat 2 of the 3 wave 1 bosses before time ran out) I did learn some stuff for the next time I try it, and I even got some new badges out of it to boot, so that's something at least.
      Removal of the damage cap in test should help out with raids, still 40% pierce bare minimum is still needed, but all those 190 damage fires will be happy!

    10. #5640
      RookieRecurve's Avatar
        RookieRecurve is offline Master Wizard

      • RookieRecurve's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Ian Lionstalker
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  92
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Many
      Status: Missing the old W101 days
       
      Mood:
      Awesome
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Posts
      1,986
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2105
      Thanks (Received)
      1338
      Gold
      6,948.00
      Blog Entries
      7

      Re: What did you accomplish today?

      Quote Originally Posted by sparkyflamefire View Post
      Quite disappointed. The boss battle is a typical example of what I have come to hate about cheating bosses. Not that it was hard, at least not once I checked out the wiki to find out the cheats, but I hate having to do that.

      As for drops, not much there. Did get an elemental retriever reagent, but that's about it.
      It's really a shame that the effort (or cost in crowns) that is required to get a gauntlet, often leaves us with less-than-impressive drops. I have Winterbane and Sinbad gauntlet, and I think they are not bad. Winterbane used to be great for snacks, and some of the drops, but they are not being updated, so their relevancy wains fairly quickly.

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •