As Time Passes You By

Wizard sayings and their Muggle equivalents

Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
[FONT=Century Gothic]I was cleaning my room yesterday and I found my old Joke book, full of...well jokes!! Most have to do with Harry Potter, but since its still Wizardly jokes, I'd like to share them with you guys!!
[/FONT][INDENT][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Black]"Merlin’s Beard!" / "In the name of Merlin!"[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=Purple]– Muggle equivalent: "Goodness sake!"[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic]"The cat’s really among the pixies now."[/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=Purple]– Muggle equivalent: "The cat’s among the pigeons."[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic]"No use in crying over spilt potion."[/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=Purple]– Muggle equivalent: "No use crying over spilt milk."[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic]"Hold ye Hippogriffs." (Hagrid)[/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=Purple]– Muggle equivalent: "Hold your horses."[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic] "God Rest Ye Merry Hippogriffs" (A song)[/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=Purple]– Muggle equivalent: "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen"[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic]"Galloping Gargoyles!"[/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=Purple]– Muggle equivalent: "Goodness gracious!"[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic] "I’ll never lay a wand on …"[/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=Purple]– Muggle equivalent: "I’ll never lay a hand/finger on … "[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic]"Time is Galleons, little bro, time is Galleons." (Fred to Ron)[/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=Purple]– Muggle equivalent: "Time is money."[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic] "A poisonous toadstool never changes its spots."[/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=Purple]– Muggle equivalent: "A leopard never changes its spots"[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic] "Never tickle a sleeping dragon."[/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=Purple]– Muggle equivalent: "Let sleeping dogs lie"[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic] "Not enough room to swing a crup in here."[/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=Purple]– Muggle equivalent: "Not enough room to swing a cat in here"[/COLOR][/FONT][/INDENT][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Purple] [U][COLOR=Black]Some jokes I just made up::[/COLOR][/U]
[/COLOR] Would you dare eat a Ham burger in front of Moolinda Wu? or some frog legs in front of Halston Balestrom?

Have you wondered why everything is made of Stone in Wizard City? [COLOR=Purple]It's because Merle doesn't want to upset the talking trees. :3:[/COLOR]

I always wonder how a broom can fly with the weight of you and your backpack full of cloths, furniture, and sometimes other mounts... [FONT=Century Gothic]O:[/FONT]

[/FONT][LEFT][FONT=Century Gothic]They aren't the best, but what do you think? Could I made a living as a comedian? Or would I get tomatoes thrown at me...

[/FONT][CENTER][FONT=Century Gothic]One last question, what do you think of the new look for the blog?[/FONT]
[/CENTER]
[/LEFT]

Submit "Wizard sayings and their Muggle equivalents" to Digg Submit "Wizard sayings and their Muggle equivalents" to del.icio.us Submit "Wizard sayings and their Muggle equivalents" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wizard sayings and their Muggle equivalents" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Galloping Gargoyles!"

I love this one and I absolutely love this one too XD

Have you wondered why everything is made of Stone in Wizard City? It's because Merle doesn't want to upset the talking trees.

Quite a comedian you are
    Pretty good jokes!
    Those are awesome! :0
    ROFL these made me laugh :D I like "Never tickle a sleeping dragon", that's my favorite. And yours are pretty hilarious too... xD
    Oh, and I ♥ your new blog look! ♥♥
    NIce you should continue on with jokes
    Funny, Tara!! Oh and I love the new blog background.
    No use in crying over spilt potion."
    – Muggle equivalent: "No use crying over spilt milk."

Amusing in that 'spilt milk' is far more appropriate for Wizard 101. Nice list
    hihello ppls of the world
    Quote Originally Posted by lomeda
    No use in crying over spilt potion."
    – Muggle equivalent: "No use crying over spilt milk."

Amusing in that 'spilt milk' is far more appropriate for Wizard 101. Nice list
    true true especially when in marleybone in the big ben that would help some players that have fun spilling dairy products but dont want crusher to well uh do what his name procedes lol