Blog Comments

  1. YourToothbrush's Avatar
    I also, considering the things I have heard from the group, do not appreciate others talking about me behind my back. My goal is to avoid drama altogether, and try NOT to get involved with the chaos of the group again.
  2. France's Avatar
    Do you have a happy song? If so, may I ask what's your happy song? :)!
    Updated 9-17-14 at 8:10:05 PM by France
  3. France's Avatar
    I don't think speaking up and/or standing up for what you believe in and/or your opinion and/or what you believe is right and/or standing up for yourself is starting and/or continuing a fight! Me and I think many others were taught that and I believe it's right! I think debating is ok and I like doing it, without intentionally trying to degrade and/or demean and/or bully and/or insult and/or make fun of people! I believe people have different opinions and there is no right and wrong! May I ask why she is leaving? I believe just because you help somebody get a name change doesn't mean you are nice! Really? I have been inactive in Wizard101 Central for a long time, in my opinion! May I ask what happened? I believe in giving second chances! I don't believe in being mean and/or degrading and/or insulting and/or demeaning and/or making fun of someone in my opinion just because they said something I disagree with, did something bad in my opinion, and/or was mean to me! I try to be nice to everybody, even those I disagree with and/or opposing opinions and/or opposing arguments and/or opposing debates! I would of tried to calmly explain that to her, not yell at her. Even if she was trying to scam at me, I wouldn't try to do that! And it wasn't allowed on their Thread? If so, I believe it's their rules, but if it's in the section, I believe you have the right to roleplay whatever you want, even ones that break The Rules and/or Terms of Use but there are consequences for everything, in my opinion! You can't force them to stop, but I disagree with it, too I think!
  4. France's Avatar
    Thank you for mentioning me! I think this needs to be mentioned! I agree it is a real thing! I don't pity you but I have empathy for you. I agree with what Rob Dyke said! Your problems isn't what you called it and I think it matters, I think everybody's problems matter, no matter how small people think and/or claim them to be! I don't think death is the right option! I care about you and I am here if you need to talk, want to talk, or chat just for the sake of chatting! You are loved!

    Eating a brownie won't make you fat in my opinion! I think society implanted this deeply into our conscious and minds and brains and with commercials and social media and magazines! You may scold yourself for touching that cake slice or 'overindulging' in your opinion or praise yourself for eating a carrot, but eating is needed to live. Calories are needed to live. It's not dieting in my opinion, it's a lifestyle! Change your lifestyle if you want, but I would suggest checking with your doctor to see if it's okay! Want a radiant glow? I suggest drinking more water and not caking on make-up as a temporary solution in my opinion! Make permanent changes, not just a quick run to shed 90 pounds in one day. I don't believe in instant abs and it makes me sad to see that printed on magazines and in ads and on commercials nowadays. I would suggest drinking your 8 cups of water a day and your daily intake! I heard sitting upside down on the couch releases endorphins which are shown to positively increase your mood! One of my friends is scared of blood rushing to her head, but I do it a few times and I think I'm fine, if you are scared or not scared of it! Maybe lack of water can cause negative thoughts, not to assume or stereotype though! Feel free to eat what you want, and you are NOT bad for bingeing or relasping, it's okay, it happens sometimes! Do this for YOU, not for anybody else or to make others thing you look good! I think you should only do this if you feel comfortable. Feel good? Look good, not to stereotype though, you might not! You can always feel good without looking good to others, and that's beautiful in my opinion! Eat right! Does taking out at Burger King or McDonald's still make you hungry afterwards and/or not satisfy you? I heard it's because it's packed, loaded and filled with sugar and the body does not really recognize it as food! Treat your body well, and I think it'll reward you! I believe people have different perspectives and opinions on treating your body well though, but do what you want! I would suggest satisfying yourself with whatever, such as tuna, crackers and apple slices!
  5. katiethekat's Avatar
    I just wanted to say thanks for the message. I myself have severe depression and anxiety. I have not gone to anything yet except for taking my daily medication, but I do have some friends that have had some problems.
    I guess the best thing to do is to stay positive. Everywhere that there is darkness, there is also light. Find something that inspires you, a way to take out your emotions. Like to do a fine art? Do it. Trust me, you'll feel better if you release your emotions through something you enjoy.
    Don't be afraid to say "Can you help me" to your friends. In fact, your friends are usually the best source of happiness you have, along with your family. There have been times when I've been extremely upset, but after talking to someone (I won't name), I became much happier. If they weren't there, I'm not sure I'd be responding so positively right now.

    So to all of you who have helped someone with depression/anxiety/anything-else-they-may-have: Thank you.
  6. Adder's Avatar
    Praise this blog post. People are so scared to talk about depression and other mental illnesses but the problem is that they're just as dangerous and harmful as physical illness.
    It's really sad to know that a lot of the younger generations are developing depression at such a young age (myself included). I'd like to think it's mainly because of the growth of technology but you never really know for sure.
    Anyways, I really commend you for sharing your story cause I know how hard that can be for some people.
    I wanted to add on a little snippet of extra positivity though, if anyone even reads comments. To anyone struggling with depression, I promise you that it gets better. I started developing symptoms around middle school when I was made fun of for various reasons, the majority of those being about my weight, but I don't really think it was full on until I was a freshman in high school. I had it for around three years, never told anyone at the time, didn't go to a therapist or anything. But I got better. I know that it's hard to look at the positives when you're down, believe me. But I so strongly believe that if a wimp like myself can get through something serious like that unscathed, then so can you. For me I guess I got so tired of feeling worthless and sad and just generally uninterested in life that I found something to look forward to. So I started focusing on getting to college and graduating early and doing all these super fun things I was always interested in but never had the energy to do. It gave me the boost I needed to keep going. I know it doesn't work the same way for everyone, though. But I do think it will get better.
  7. YourToothbrush's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Ninja Escapist
    As long as you don't make your presence known in problematic discussions, such as trying to stop the argument by posting your insight on the topic, no one will suspect you for being a "tattletale". Just report and move on.

    If someone does suspect you for reporting them and starts sending hate messages, you can report them for harassment. Also, as Jester mentioned, you can place certain members on your Ignore List under User CP to prevent further bullying attempts.

    The best thing to stop bullying in the forums is to act without getting involved with the fights themselves. If you get yourself involved, you can get a share of blame for extending the arguments.
    Unfortunately, I'm trying to avoid the drama when I get dragged in by multiple people from different sides.

    This is why I've been considering creating a permanent leave for me- Because I'm honestly tired of being dragged in because of attempts to avoid all the drama. I've got enough to worry about as it is with being forcefully and prematurely sent into college by my mom, and I really don't want to deal with this on top of several other issues. It was bad enough last night that it nearly had me in a severe emotional breakdown, one Wizard and one Pirate Central Member were trying to help me through it, but I was honestly REALLY bad off. I'm on overload.
    Updated 8-15-14 at 7:56:34 PM by YourToothbrush
  8. The Lone Ninja Escapist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Rose

    Though we do realize that it is a confidential report, we (I'm saying we because I know I'm not the only one who thinks this) are afraid that it'll get brought to light that it was us, and get our rear ends chewed off. So people just run away from the problem.

    And there's the problem right there- Nobody can do anything because they're too scared they'll get punished too.
    As long as you don't make your presence known in problematic discussions, such as trying to stop the argument by posting your insight on the topic, no one will suspect you for being a "tattletale". Just report and move on.

    If someone does suspect you for reporting them and starts sending hate messages, you can report them for harassment. Also, as Jester mentioned, you can place certain members on your Ignore List under User CP to prevent further bullying attempts.

    The best thing to stop bullying in the forums is to act without getting involved with the fights themselves. If you get yourself involved, you can get a share of blame for extending the arguments.
  9. YourToothbrush's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester
    If there is rudeness and you fail to report it, you are only adding to the problem. There is also an ignore option in your userCP so you never have to deal with certain members.

    http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...?do=ignorelist
    It took me a couple days to figure a good way to reply to this, mostly because I couldn't think of any good personal reply. I've been on psychology mode, but I realized a good way to relate to this.

    The library trio, as I'll call us (the Angel, the Gemstone, and the Captain), were all bullied when we were in school. It was for an extended period of time, and all three of us came out differently.

    This is a rather extreme example, but there was one story not long after the end of WWII where a town ended up with a woman being stalked and murdered. Thousands of people heard and saw, but didn't call police and say anything. The population in that area was filled with holocaust survivors, and their original authorities would punish them for telling anything on anyone.

    One of us learned that no matter what, if you're a snitch, you're gonna get yourself bit hard in the rear the next day.

    One of us learned not to care, as it'll be the same in the working world.

    The other one learned not to care if it's something minor, but has the same fear as the first if it's something major.

    Though we do realize that it is a confidential report, we (I'm saying we because I know I'm not the only one who thinks this) are afraid that it'll get brought to light that it was us, and get our rear ends chewed off. So people just run away from the problem.

    And there's the problem right there- Nobody can do anything because they're too scared they'll get punished too.
    Updated 8-15-14 at 6:04:27 PM by YourToothbrush
  10. Sabri's Avatar
    ....I don't even think I am aware of whats going on on twitter, Rose. Lol. I just know that I've befriended Patrick and he has become one of my best friends. Everybody seems to hate him. I ignore the faults and now we even have weird quirky nicknames for each other. People accuse me, people wonder how anybody is his friend. It's because I am open minded and he's hilarious and even has helped me get TC to craft my Promethean gear.

    Don't judge a book by it's cover. I try not to. I judge as I read what someone has posted or what they have said. Yes, I hate some people over on twitter for what they've said over hours and hours. That's justifiable. However, to just shove people out and to judge them because of the surface, without ever having a conversation.... well, no.

    People judge Patrick based on his surface attitude/personality, but I love hanging out with him. And I'll stay his friend until something changes.
  11. Jester's Avatar
    If there is rudeness and you fail to report it, you are only adding to the problem. There is also an ignore option in your userCP so you never have to deal with certain members.

    http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...?do=ignorelist
  12. YourToothbrush's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by March Hare
    Not trying to lurk on you either due to what happened or other things. I just find your writing very insightful and enjoy reading it. I never really look at the other side of things and a lot of your posts make me realize stuff i need to change. You have quite a way with words...
    Change does take time- Everyone goes through change in some way, drastically and in small doses each. It's scary no matter the case. For me, I can easily adjust to a different color mechanical pencil, but I cannot at all do a big routine adjustment towards something deemed unnecessary in my view. And really? Issues shouldn't matter. People may read my blog as they like, it doesn't seem like lurking to me. It's in public view.
  13. YourToothbrush's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneWiz
    I'm not sure what reply in direct means as this is my first venture into the blogs section so I hope I'm doing it right.

    Oh, after her curiosity's satisfied, she won't be attending with me and, down the road, the children as often. She's honest about that and really why would she? It's not her belief set. She says she'll attend with us on holidays and the like and maybe now and then, especially if the children want her to. Mostly, it'll be me taking them. My job to teach them my beliefs and hers to teach them why she doesn't believe in any kind of a deity. I would fail explaining that and she would fail trying to teach them Judaism past the most basic things. We love each other but I don't truly understand her disbelief and she doesn't truly understand my belief. We just respect each other's right to believe or disbelieve as we choose.

    Same here. I steer away from it. Tend to say to each their own and as long as they aren't using religion as an excuse to harm anyone -- and only extremists do that -- it's their own business. People are very passionate about what they believe, even if they believe there is no god. In the end, it really is and I really do believe it's the vocal minority that bend religion to a hateful purpose. After all, why would God create a world wherein people were always at each other. Arguing over how they view Him is not what He wanted so I leave others to their view of God and me to mine. It's a very personal thing and should be that way.

    I guess that's why I'm cool with whatever direction my children go. I pretty much feel it's all just man's interpretation of God. Various leaders preached their various vision of God and various religions formed. It's that and nothing more and the atheists and agnostics are just the skeptics of everyone's, doubting any god even exists. As the three I hang around with are wont of saying, they only believe in one less god than I do out of the hundreds of "gods" in this world. I put that in quotes because I personally believe it's all the same god and people just view Him differently. I can't help but feel that a deity would be above pettiness and understanding of that skepticism so I sort of doubt he has a problem with it really and if he doesn't, why should I?

    As you can probably kind of tell, I veer a bit from my upbringing too though I retain my Jewish faith. I think with true faith that is necessary because one's relationship with God is a personal thing and different for every one of us.
    Hey, I'm still trying to figure it out myself. I'm a little surprised mentions work here. XD

    Honestly, looking a little into forbidden arts religions sometimes calms me. I mean- nobody say I'm demonic or anything, or whatever you see fit; this is just how I am- but there was a time when you could draw a pentagram in any-color sharpie on a piece of paper, shove it in my face, and Aspie-me would be calm within a minute.

    And honestly? We choose our own religion, we choose what to believe. I'm just a kid who doesn't know what to believe, and thinks on it all the time. Whoever we are, we all want to believe something, right? We just need time to figure it all out. Some choose one direction, others choose the same direction we do, others go in different directions- It's all a matter of respect to others who go that way. I'd mentioned this to several people already, and I'll repeat it whenever I see fit.

    I really don't care who you are. You could be the homeless guy sitting on my porch, you could be the rich kid who always gets his way, you could even be remotely related to Adolf Hitler (If you were him, I'd have to find the nearest blunt object...). You're a person, you have feelings. If you respect me for who I am, what I am, what I believe, etc., and treat me with that respect, I'll do the same for you, and remain loyal.
    Updated 8-4-14 at 3:33:44 PM by YourToothbrush
  14. FamilyWiz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneWiz
    What I mainly come away with is I'm glad you don't judge atheists by the actions of the loud and crude just as many of them don't buy into Dawkin's lie about everyone religious is delusional. Of course, with that varied a background, you would tend to be more open-minded by opposing views.

    I'm a devout Jew as you know raised Conservative and stick with my Conservative synagogue from childhood because I am attached to it, like the rabbi and my family and friends are there and I want to worship with them but my leanings are more Reform and probably a mix of my own. I don't keep kosher except inside the homes of people who do (mostly family but friends from temple too) and I'm moving in with my Irish fiance in a couple of months even though the wedding is a year away. We plain want to live together before marriage and see if we are as compatible as we think we are. Plus we're planning a big wedding.

    The two of the people I'm closest to in this world -- as I think I mentioned in that post -- are atheist. My fiance is 2nd generation, raised atheist by two atheists who left Protestant upbringings (yes, Irish protestants!) and my best friend was raised Roman Catholic but no longer believes in God. My belief and their disbelief doesn't really affect the relationship but that's because -- some light-hearted kidding now and then aside -- we respect each other's right to their own belief.

    My fiance has attended Sabbath services with me a few times and plans on coming to temple with me for the high holy days this year. She may or may not in the future but is naturally interested in the faith of the man she is marrying. I will be buying her a membership (with her approval) in my synagogue every year so that she is free to attend with me and our children if she so desires. We have already decided to share both views with our children and they will attend to have the background and receive a Jewish education and will learn their mother's views from their mother and her reasoning behind it in an age appropriate way as they grow. We will let them explore and educate them about other religions too and they will simply choose their own way and we will respect that whether they choose Judaism (for which, since I am will be the father and it goes by the mother, they'd have to convert), atheism or something else that suits them.

    My best friend doesn't believe and other than weddings and funerals and christenings and bar mitzvahs etc. of those close to him does not attend church and wouldn't even for a woman he loved. Luckily for him, his girlfriend is also atheist and lucky for her, she likewise respects my belief. I say lucky for her because it would come between them if she judged me for it or gave me a hard time about it. It would be a problem for him because we've been best friends since we were babies and are more like brothers so he would not take kindly to anyone calling me blind or delusional or needing a crutch or some of these other things in the hard atheist/anti-theist movement do. His parents aren't happy he left the Church but, with time, they've come to accept it. Just like my parents have had to come to accept that I'm not as strictly religious as they are, that my fiance will not be converting since she doesn't believe in God and our children will not be considered Jewish religiously unless they convert. They have contented themselves with they'll be brought to temple at least when they're young (once they're bar/bat mitzvah age, the choice will be theirs) and will receive a Jewish education.

    But just as all (I'd even say most) Christians aren't narrow-minded, Bible-thumpers, all (I'd even say most) atheists aren't anti-theists. As an example, there was a movement to start calling themselves brights much like those with a same-gender preference have used a word for themselves and it didn't take for a reason. Brights kind of implies everyone else is dim and I really think it was just plain too snobby for the atheist community as a whole despite Richard Dawkins' ardent support of it. This was like a dozen years ago, when I was less than half my current age but you don't even want to start my fiance's parents on it. The suggestion angered them and since it's been ill-received overall, well, I think that says that most atheists are no more like that than most Christians are like Phelps.

    Thank God that neither most atheists and Christians are like that! Just the vocal minority.

    Oh, and don't sweat Lukin's lurking. I'm sure he means no harm in it. He may or may not be keeping an eye on the rules. It's a controversial subject that people get heated about but he may also be reading in interest too. Just doing his job and he probably can't, as a moderator, really get involved in any too controversial a discussion. He'd let you know if you overstepped.

    Response: Haha, yeah. It's been fairly frequent that I see lukin or Horsegirl's name on my page. I sometimes end up seeing Milt or Cret92 on my page on P101C, and I understand the entire 'doing their job' thing. lol

    With what you're doing with your fiance, that's actually the best way to handle it. That's only my view, though. I'm personally willing to attend any religious service and participate to the best of my abilities. I've got friends who are various branches of protestant, catholic (My grandma is Roman Catholic while my grandpa was Jewish), some of the more 'forbidden arts' religions too, I've got a couple of Muslim friends, and really? I meet a lot of them at the library. I've got a friend who I think is in a bit of a grind because her mom is Muslim and her dad is Catholic. She's leaning more towards Roman Catholic, and I really don't know what's going to happen. I don't ask because I tend not to talk like this about religion, because it's common towards sparking an argument.
    I'm not sure what reply in direct means as this is my first venture into the blogs section so I hope I'm doing it right.

    Oh, after her curiosity's satisfied, she won't be attending with me and, down the road, the children as often. She's honest about that and really why would she? It's not her belief set. She says she'll attend with us on holidays and the like and maybe now and then, especially if the children want her to. Mostly, it'll be me taking them. My job to teach them my beliefs and hers to teach them why she doesn't believe in any kind of a deity. I would fail explaining that and she would fail trying to teach them Judaism past the most basic things. We love each other but I don't truly understand her disbelief and she doesn't truly understand my belief. We just respect each other's right to believe or disbelieve as we choose.

    Same here. I steer away from it. Tend to say to each their own and as long as they aren't using religion as an excuse to harm anyone -- and only extremists do that -- it's their own business. People are very passionate about what they believe, even if they believe there is no god. In the end, it really is and I really do believe it's the vocal minority that bend religion to a hateful purpose. After all, why would God create a world wherein people were always at each other. Arguing over how they view Him is not what He wanted so I leave others to their view of God and me to mine. It's a very personal thing and should be that way.

    I guess that's why I'm cool with whatever direction my children go. I pretty much feel it's all just man's interpretation of God. Various leaders preached their various vision of God and various religions formed. It's that and nothing more and the atheists and agnostics are just the skeptics of everyone's, doubting any god even exists. As the three I hang around with are wont of saying, they only believe in one less god than I do out of the hundreds of "gods" in this world. I put that in quotes because I personally believe it's all the same god and people just view Him differently. I can't help but feel that a deity would be above pettiness and understanding of that skepticism so I sort of doubt he has a problem with it really and if he doesn't, why should I?

    As you can probably kind of tell, I veer a bit from my upbringing too though I retain my Jewish faith. I think with true faith that is necessary because one's relationship with God is a personal thing and different for every one of us.
  15. Grumpy Cat's Avatar
    Not trying to lurk on you either due to what happened or other things. I just find your writing very insightful and enjoy reading it. I never really look at the other side of things and a lot of your posts make me realize stuff i need to change. You have quite a way with words...
  16. FamilyWiz's Avatar
    What I mainly come away with is I'm glad you don't judge atheists by the actions of the loud and crude just as many of them don't buy into Dawkin's lie about everyone religious is delusional. Of course, with that varied a background, you would tend to be more open-minded by opposing views.

    I'm a devout Jew as you know raised Conservative and stick with my Conservative synagogue from childhood because I am attached to it, like the rabbi and my family and friends are there and I want to worship with them but my leanings are more Reform and probably a mix of my own. I don't keep kosher except inside the homes of people who do (mostly family but friends from temple too) and I'm moving in with my Irish fiance in a couple of months even though the wedding is a year away. We plain want to live together before marriage and see if we are as compatible as we think we are. Plus we're planning a big wedding.

    The two of the people I'm closest to in this world -- as I think I mentioned in that post -- are atheist. My fiance is 2nd generation, raised atheist by two atheists who left Protestant upbringings (yes, Irish protestants!) and my best friend was raised Roman Catholic but no longer believes in God. My belief and their disbelief doesn't really affect the relationship but that's because -- some light-hearted kidding now and then aside -- we respect each other's right to their own belief.

    My fiance has attended Sabbath services with me a few times and plans on coming to temple with me for the high holy days this year. She may or may not in the future but is naturally interested in the faith of the man she is marrying. I will be buying her a membership (with her approval) in my synagogue every year so that she is free to attend with me and our children if she so desires. We have already decided to share both views with our children and they will attend to have the background and receive a Jewish education and will learn their mother's views from their mother and her reasoning behind it in an age appropriate way as they grow. We will let them explore and educate them about other religions too and they will simply choose their own way and we will respect that whether they choose Judaism (for which, since I am will be the father and it goes by the mother, they'd have to convert), atheism or something else that suits them.

    My best friend doesn't believe and other than weddings and funerals and christenings and bar mitzvahs etc. of those close to him does not attend church and wouldn't even for a woman he loved. Luckily for him, his girlfriend is also atheist and lucky for her, she likewise respects my belief. I say lucky for her because it would come between them if she judged me for it or gave me a hard time about it. It would be a problem for him because we've been best friends since we were babies and are more like brothers so he would not take kindly to anyone calling me blind or delusional or needing a crutch or some of these other things in the hard atheist/anti-theist movement do. His parents aren't happy he left the Church but, with time, they've come to accept it. Just like my parents have had to come to accept that I'm not as strictly religious as they are, that my fiance will not be converting since she doesn't believe in God and our children will not be considered Jewish religiously unless they convert. They have contented themselves with they'll be brought to temple at least when they're young (once they're bar/bat mitzvah age, the choice will be theirs) and will receive a Jewish education.

    But just as all (I'd even say most) Christians aren't narrow-minded, Bible-thumpers, all (I'd even say most) atheists aren't anti-theists. As an example, there was a movement to start calling themselves brights much like those with a same-gender preference have used a word for themselves and it didn't take for a reason. Brights kind of implies everyone else is dim and I really think it was just plain too snobby for the atheist community as a whole despite Richard Dawkins' ardent support of it. This was like a dozen years ago, when I was less than half my current age but you don't even want to start my fiance's parents on it. The suggestion angered them and since it's been ill-received overall, well, I think that says that most atheists are no more like that than most Christians are like Phelps.

    Thank God that neither most atheists and Christians are like that! Just the vocal minority.

    Oh, and don't sweat Lukin's lurking. I'm sure he means no harm in it. He may or may not be keeping an eye on the rules. It's a controversial subject that people get heated about but he may also be reading in interest too. Just doing his job and he probably can't, as a moderator, really get involved in any too controversial a discussion. He'd let you know if you overstepped.

    Response: Haha, yeah. It's been fairly frequent that I see lukin or Horsegirl's name on my page. I sometimes end up seeing Milt or Cret92 on my page on P101C, and I understand the entire 'doing their job' thing. lol

    With what you're doing with your fiance, that's actually the best way to handle it. That's only my view, though. I'm personally willing to attend any religious service and participate to the best of my abilities. I've got friends who are various branches of protestant, catholic (My grandma is Roman Catholic while my grandpa was Jewish), some of the more 'forbidden arts' religions too, I've got a couple of Muslim friends, and really? I meet a lot of them at the library. I've got a friend who I think is in a bit of a grind because her mom is Muslim and her dad is Catholic. She's leaning more towards Roman Catholic, and I really don't know what's going to happen. I don't ask because I tend not to talk like this about religion, because it's common towards sparking an argument.
    Updated 8-2-14 at 4:19:47 PM by YourToothbrush (Reply in direct, as I am doing. lol)
  17. YourToothbrush's Avatar
    Looking at the names of people who come to my blog, I'm seeing repeats, some new faces, some people who don't come often, but I keep seeing the lurkin' lukin.

    Hope I'm not on a watchlist or something. O.o
  18. SpiritThief's Avatar
    This needs to be seen by all of central. I used to complain about the update, but fishing is a great pastime for everyone! Central used to be a great place to hang out on when I joined, but it seems as if the corruption of the world has started to leak in. All of the hate bothered, and still bothers me today. I have been bullied in the past, and I know how it feels. People need to learn that degrading a persons self esteem is not even remotely funny. And yet they seem to think that ruining lives is hilarious. I am truly sorry for anything that has happened to you, and your decision to leave central for the time being is very brave. I commend you for doing this, there is no reason to see the hatred day by day of humanity. At least I will still see you in game, I hope? People these days make me sick.

    Reply in direct: There's also that Pirate101 hasn't gotten a good worldly content update since last year- When Aquila and Marleybone were released. People over there are getting rather impatient. Right now, in Wizard101, we have enough content and 'hardcore' enough Wizards that people can use less than 6 months worth of membership to max out 6 Wizards, get all the Waterworks and Tartarus gear, and maybe even make Warlord. Though the playing style isn't as fast paced as Wizard101, there is a major impatience in people towards an update, and high demand on both ends. In Wizard101, we've got enough content to last us all awhile. Focus should be redirected onto Pirate101 for a little while, and hopefully get most of the first(?) arc finished off.

    In the meantime, as sick as I am with the Wizard101 Central community, I'm now too guilty to leave. Wisps passed the day after I posted this.
    Updated 8-1-14 at 4:31:23 PM by YourToothbrush (Direct reply. This is how I do things. XD)
  19. silverfamgs219's Avatar
    All I can and will say is that there will always be unpleasant people. In game, in school, at work, etc. But there are diamonds too. It's really up to you to view things from a positive standpoint. As someone who has had not a great past, all I can say is that things will get better even if it doesn't feel like it.

    If you look at the world in hate, you'll never move on. Something I learned along the road was forgiveness -- I learned that from a friend made from central. If you hate for forever you'll just feel bottled up inside.
    Updated 8-1-14 at 1:41:43 PM by silverfamgs219
  20. Adder's Avatar
    Sad to say Central has always been like that. Wiz has and probably always will be full of people who are, in simple terms, full of themselves. That comes with any online community, though. Even an online chat room with avatars that I get on occasionally has people who think they're better than everyone else, and there's not even any accomplishments on the site to have except maybe making cool badges and clothes. If these people are as bad as you make them seem then you're probably not the only person who notices. The time will come when they realize how their behavior is affecting them badly on a social standpoint and either change or leave (although it's usually the latter). I hope your friends who were being bullied are alright.

    Reply in direct: This is definitely true. Really, I dislike what a lot of the online world has turned into. The good people on here generally try to work to resolve the issue. Meanwhile, some random person shows up, says something, sparks a debate. There is no justification as to why a child may or should cry.
    Updated 8-1-14 at 4:22:29 PM by YourToothbrush (An edit in a reply)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast