|This is a Stub; please help us to expand it by providing investigation into the "Poetry of War" cheat, and how long the DoT lasts before it deals damage without being detonated.
|View Drops ⧨|
|Shadow Pips||3 max|
|Starting Pips||2 / |
|Out. Pierce|| 2% |
|Out. Boost|| 62% |
|Inc. Boost|| 15% to |
|Inc. Resist|| 40% to |
|Mirage||Aggrobah - Vault of the Verboten|
This Boss is a Gold Skeleton Key Boss, located in the River District of Aggrobah.
- This Creature is named Mimic, but his speech calls him Verboten Mimic.
- "Ohhh! Somebody clearly didn't get the memo! Or perhaps you just can't read. This is the Vault of the Verboten. No one, and I mean no one allowed! First rule in Vault of the Verboten is don't talk about Vault of the Verboten. The second, slightly less well known - don't enter the Vault. You just broke the second rule, thereby forcing me to break the first! What did you expect in here? Treasure? Hah! I've got your treasure right here!"
- "A surprise for you too!" - If a Wizard is late, he will cheat-cast a Moon version of Steal Pips to steal 1 Pip from the Wizard.
- "A treasure of tricks!" & "I can change forms all day long!" & "Perhaps this form's too easy?" - Every three Rounds, the Verboten Mimic will Polymorph into one of the forms listed below.
- Myth: Cyrus Drake
- "You can't trick a Mimic!" - He will remove all Traps from himself the first time trapped.
- "Oh! I've got an idea!" - He will cast Mystic Colossus.
- Moon: Prince Gobblestone
- Cheat Cycle:
- During this Cycle, the Boss will pass since all these Spells are interrupt.
- Round 1 - He will cast a -50% version of Mass Tower Shield, Legion Shield, and Brace.
- Round 2 - He will cheat-cast Wings of Fate, which removes all Pips and a Shadow Pip if the Boss has one from himself.
- Round 3 - He will cast Blinding Freeze.
- Balance: Luska Charmbeak
- "Only attack if you have been inked!" - At the beginning of each Round, he will "Ink" the Wizard in the first spot (Sun spot), which applies a Smoke Mantle.
- "Still fighting? Have some more ink!" - After losing 25% of his health, he will begin to ink the Wizard in the second spot (eye).
- "If you can still see, don't look at me!" - If a non-inked Wizard uses a single target attack Spell on him, he will cast a Poison Dealing ? Damage, or Power Link Dealing ? Damage on the Wizard who attacked him.
- He will remove traps which are used on him.
- Indemnity can be used to to avoid this cheat.
- If a multi-trap Spell is used, such as Elemental Trap, he will only remove the last trap applied (Storm/Life Trap).
- Sun: Mithraya
- "Protector!" - At the beginning of the first Round, she will summon a Stellar Protector.
- She will cast Smoke Screen (-50%) on her first turn and every round when a Wizard successfully casts a Spell.
- "The cards align! Now's your chance!" When both Blades and Traps are present in the battle, the cheat will end until they are no longer present.
- Shadow: Ghost Dog
- "Your body and soul are mine once more." - At the end of the first Round, he will summon a Hagakure Blade and a Seijun Killer.
- "Again face the poetry of war!" - On any given turn, he will cast a Death Damage over Time Spell that deals 400 Death Damage after ? turns.
- This can be countered with Triage or Mass Triage.
- "The way of the Samoorai is found in death!" - Casts a Death version of Detonate on target dealing 2,800 Damage.
- "I retain my resolve!" - If a Wizard casts any Ward, he will cast Shatter.
Note: All single target Damage Charms this Boss casts are protected with Aegis.
- Every Natural Attack this Boss uses maxes out at 3 Pips despite the description saying per Pip.
- Has Mastery of the Death School.
- Casts an all enemies version of Death Trap (+35%).
- Casts Mass Feint (+70%/+30%).
Quest AppearancesNot directly named in Quests
Hints, Guides and Discussions of the Wiki content related to Verboten Mimic should be placed in the Discussion Topic.
If the topic isn't already created (i.e. the link brings you to an empty search) then you must create the topic, using the topic naming convention explained here.
Documentation on how to edit this page can be found at Template:CreatureInfobox/doc.