----

Mood:
      Happy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

How to spend your training points for each school

*The new astral schools are also very useful and are good choices based on your playing style. However, because there is just too much variation in playing style when choosing, I won't say much about choosing them except that training sun school can be helpful for pvp, and some people I have seen are quite good running a morphing deck. Choose at your own guidance.

(WARNING)- This will be a rather long guide to read, but you can skip what you already know.

When I first started, I have very little idea as how to spend my training points. As I moved up in rank, I began to learn some of the best secondary spells for each school. In this guide i will show the questing and PVP potential for each spell. You get a total of 18 training points as of 8/2/10. You get a training point every 4 levels until level 20, and then every 5 levels from there on, as well as a training point from zeke in each world, and 1 point from an early task from headmaster Ambrose. When the new world comes out, a training point may come out with it. We will not know until it is released.

Common Secondary Spells and The Use of Them-

Ice to Tower [5 points]- Probably the only spell every school will want to use either by training, treasure cards, or most likely, both. This spell makes the next attack do -50%, no matter what school, or type of attack. Can be defended by DOT attacks like fire elf (see below). This treasure card is very easy to get, sold for 450 gold at the first library, open to any level. Also gives you a shield that does -70% to the next fire and storm spells. 2 good wards for only 5 training points makes this one of the most, if not THE most, common spell for experienced wizards to train first. Costs 0 pips to cast

Life to Satyr [7 points]- A healing spell that recovers 860 health, more than twice the heal of a pixie. Every school will probably need this in either a treasure card or trained format, although not every school should spend the training points required for this spell and should train for sprite (see below) and go for treasure cards for this instead. Usually trained fairly early on in the game. Costs 4 pips to cast

Death to Feint [7 points]- Many schools will benefit from the attack boost of this spell, especially classes with weaker base damage like Ice and Life. Casts a trap that does +70% to the target and +30% to yourself. Can also help big damage schools turn a severe hit into a 1-hit-KO in both questing and PVP. Myth wizards attacks commonly break shields on the 1st turn, so traps in general and this one included are not reccomended for myth wizards. Cost 1 pip to cast

Life to Sprite [4 points]-(NOTE: this comes with life to satyr if you train it) The best heal you can get pip for pip. Breaks infections, and puts you at a pip advantage over entangle. Heals 30 health the first turn, and 270 over the next 3 turns. Can stack with itself, but has the disadvantage of not giving you a big heal when you are low on health. Cost 1 pip to cast.

Fire to Elf [2 points]- A great shield breaker, and you can enchant it through treasure cards to work specificly for ice or storm wizards as well. Hits for 50 damage on the first turn, as well as 210 over 3 turns. Although not recommended for any school, you may still want this depending on your playing style. Cost 2 pips to cast.

Balance to Weakness [3 points]- A great spell that weakens the next opponent's attack by -25%. A very dangerous spell when stacked with tower shield, removing 75 percent of the opponent's next attack! However, due to an amulet that gives 2 of these cards that both do -30%, the training of this spell is more limited to those who have left over points. It is still one of the more useful ways to use a stack of leftover points. Cost 0 pips to cast.

Death to Infection [1 point]- (NOTE: you do NOT get this if you train death to feint, you must visit Mortis the Death tree and spend an additional point) Ah, a spell that cuts the next heal in half for zero pips. Very useful for PVP, nearly useless for questing. Get it after you have everything else you really wanted above if you have a left over point. 0 pips to cast.

Elemental Blade(for Fire, Ice, Storm)/Spirit Blade(for Life, Death, Myth)
      [1 point]- (NOTE: you do NOT get this if you train balance to weakness, you must visit Niles the Balance tree and spend an additional point) So, what is so great about a spell that does +35% and costs a pip to use? Well, it can stack with your school's spell, which, depending on what school you belong to, can give you between a 65-75% increase to you next attack while stacked . Get this if you have a point left over, no matter what school you are. Elemental/Spirit trap can be used if you have absolutely nothing else to get, but it gives less boost at 25%, and most schools besides death probably won't have the pip or the turn to stack this additional trap. Cost 1 pip to cast.

Reshuffle [1 point] (NOTE: You do NOT get this if you train balance to weakness, you must visit a trainer on colossus blvd, near Mindy Pixiecrown (if that is her name)- A spell EVERY PVP player will want. If you train this and put 2 in your deck, you can have INFINATE CARDS. Why is this important? If you get into a stall fight, and you are getting low or out of cards, you can simply use this, and bam, you get all your cards back . It is not required, and a bit heavy on the pip cost, but can be a life saver. Cost 4 pips to cast.

Entangle [1 point] (NOTE: you do NOT get this if you train life to sprite or satyr, you must visit the trainer mentioned on colossus above)- A spell that has limited use, but can be simply DEVASTATING if used correctly. This spell dispells the next life spell of its target. No big deal, right? Well, many non life wizards only carry one type of life spell, HEALS. If you can set a few of these up before or after a big attack, you can prevent your opponent from healing it off, and your opponent still loses the pips cast on the attack, and it will not go back into his deck like a fizzled spell. Not such a small problem anymore right? Consider this if you would like, it may or may not complement your playing style. This is one reason it is a good idea to carry a life wand. However, do NOT get this unless you have infection, reshuffle, and your blade from niles. Those are far more important. Cost 2 pips to cast.

So now, How do I choose? Here below I will suggest a few train point sets for each class. They will be listed in the order i would recommend getting them.

FIRE:

1) Ice to Tower [5]
      2) Life to Satyr [7]
      3) Elemental Blade [1]
      4) Balance to Weakness [3]
      5) Infection [1]
      6) Reshuffle [1]

This set gives you just about everything a fire wizard needs for regular play and a darn good PVP set as well. You get almost all the small secondary spells, with fire elf included as a fire student, as well as Tower, Sprite, and Satyr for healing. This is an example of why fire is considered an elite PVP class. Possible swap- get rid of Satyr and switch in feint; however you will need a very nice life friend to craft some cards for you to get the full benefit of this swap.

ICE:

1) Life to Satyr [7]
      2) Death to Feint [7]
      3) Elemental Blade [1]
      4) Reshuffle [1]
      5) Infection [1]
      6) Entangle [1]

This set unites the 3 elite spells, Tower, Satyr, and Feint. It can also be a very dangerous set just like the fire one above, and shares many of the same concepts. You could swap out Entangle or Satyr or Feint for some added shields from the lady in the fairgrounds, but it is not recommended. Death to feint will be useful in PVE, and be good in PVP, but you can swap this for weakness and some shields.

STORM:

Set 1:

1) Ice to Tower [5]
      2) Life to Satyr [7]
      3) Elemental Blade [1]
      4) Balance to weakness [3]
      5) Reshuffle [1]
      6) Infection [1]

Set 2:

1) Ice to Tower [5]
      2) Death to feint [7]
      3) Life to sprite [4]
      4) Reshuffle [1]
      5) Infection [1]

Both of these sets can be equally deadly, depending on your style. Set 1 takes advantage of storm's natural attack, focusing on less buffing and more repeated attack, along with a more powerful healing spell and elemental blade, while set 2 gives more power, and still gives infection breaking. Both of these sets cover Reshuffle and Infection, default PVP choices. It is really up to you which one you like better.

MYTH:

Ice to Tower [5]
      Life to Satyr [7]
      Balance to Weakness [3]
      Spirit Blade [1]
      Reshuffle [1]
      Infection [1]

Myth is among the best at PVP, and this deck is a pretty good setup for that. Myth finds feint useless, having double hitting attacks, breaking the feint on the weaker hit. Tower and Satyr will help you stay alive, spirit blade boosts attacks, and reshuffle and infection will help you in PVP. You could switch weakness for a fire elf to break shields stacked high, and entangle, but this setup will work better.

LIFE:

1) Ice to tower [5]
      2) Death to feint [7]
      3) Spirit Blade [1]
      4) Reshuffle [1]
      5) Balance to Weakness [3]
      6) Infection [1]

Life has great potential. Despite being only behind ice in weakest base attack, they can unite Tower, Satyr, and Feint, use power pips for heals, get heals that far exceed anything you can get with training points, and get entangle naturally. In addition, they are only behind Ice for higest natural health. This set will help with PVP a lot, as well as general leveling. There is not much to change on this set.

DEATH:

1) Ice to Tower [5]
      2) Spirit Blade [1]
      3) Spirit Trap [1]
      5) Reshuffle [1]
      6) Life to Satyr [7]

Ice to tower is an absolute first. After you get that, spirit blade and trap can be useful. Balance to weakness will be great for PVP. The last 7 are really up to you. Death does heal when it attacks, and gets its own heal, but it will still benefit from satyr, although you may just wish to save your points. Other options include fire to elf, entangle, storm to kraken, fire to meteor, or really whatever you want.

BALANCE:

1) Ice to Tower [5]
      2) Death to Feint [7]
      3) Life to Sprite [4]
      4) Infection [1]
      5) Entangle [1]

Balance does not need a lot of added spells for PVE, but these will do fine. This set is mostly for PVP, where balance needs to set up for a one hit kill judgement with feint, and have tower shields to defend and sprites to break infections. Infection will give you a useful spell, and entangle is just there because balance has a left over point. You could take a more defensive set and trade in feint for satyr. If you do this, you also have enough left over points for fire to elf, which will break balance's only shield, tower shield. Pick with your style here, there is more than one good way to spend your points here.

Thanks for reading this, sorry if it was a little long, my first guide, please feel free to rate it and leave a comment.

Christopher Winter
      Last edited by Kodiak; 2-6-11 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Celestial School Mention

Chris Ironthorn is offline Magus Wizard

• Chris Ironthorn's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Chris Ironthorn, Chris Myththorn
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Avalon
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sheba
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Minotaur
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Re: How to spend your training points for each school

nice guide. very informative and will help my future wizards

Kira is offline Fizzled
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

gj with the guide.

Jesse Strong is offline Promethean Wizard

• Jesse Strong's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jesse StrongGlen
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Blue
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fire beast

Mood:
      Amused2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

thx for this awesome guide

Joe Firewrather is offline Fizzled

• Joe Firewrather's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Joseph Firesword
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  DragonSpyre
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  All my pets are named Joey
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Helephant/Danger Hound/Burnzilla
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

FIRE:

1) Ice to Tower [5]
      2) Life to Satyr [7]
      3) Elemental Blade [1]
      5) Infection [1]
      6) Entangle [1]
      Being a Fire duelist myself I do not 100% agree with this set.

This set lacks possibly the most important card in PvP ... reshuffle. I myself would switch Entangle for Reshuffle or train Life up to Sprite only.

Other then that I like this guide

~Firewrather

Natalie is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Natalie's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  nat dragonflame,nat jadewhisper,nat legendflame,nat nightrider,nat darkblood,destiny jadespear
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Celestia
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Gummy, coco etc (I got millions of pets)
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Helephant. defender piggy magma colossus & more !
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

hmm Nice guide, but i like to learn weaknesses for all my schools except balance of course.
      Siggy By Jade

t0pazdrag0n is offline Apprentice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Really good guide!

Question: You recommend the spirit/elemental blades, but not traps?

Kodiak is offline Apprentice Wizard

• Kodiak's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Christopher Winter
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  DragonSpyre
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Hunter, Lady Lillie, Prince Rocky
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Storm Cat, Defender Pig, Colossus
      ----

Mood:
      Happy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Firewrather View Post

This set lacks possibly the most important card in PvP ... reshuffle. I myself would switch Entangle for Reshuffle or train Life up to Sprite only.

~Firewrather
      Oh yeah, messed up on that, will fix it thanks

Natalie is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Natalie's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  nat dragonflame,nat jadewhisper,nat legendflame,nat nightrider,nat darkblood,destiny jadespear
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Celestia
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Gummy, coco etc (I got millions of pets)
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Helephant. defender piggy magma colossus & more !
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Firewrather View Post

~Firewrather
      yeah I agree with you 100% you need to train for reshuffle as any school.
      Siggy By Jade

Kodiak is offline Apprentice Wizard

• Kodiak's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Christopher Winter
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  DragonSpyre
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Hunter, Lady Lillie, Prince Rocky
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Storm Cat, Defender Pig, Colossus
      ----

Mood:
      Happy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by t0pazdrag0n View Post
      Really good guide!

Question: You recommend the spirit/elemental blades, but not traps?
      Elemental trap costs 1 pip and only boosts an attack by 25 percent, was just my opinion, if you really want the boost go ahead and train it

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast