Mood:
      Amused

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Guide to reaching MAX resist!

Mini-Guide to reaching the MAX resist!
      I made this guide for people that wanted to reach the max resist I hope it helps! I guide originally posted this guide in the thread Total Resist the link click here to see the thread. I posted it here so people who want to reach the ultimate resist can try.
      The Formulas
      Firstly we need to know the formulas for spell-proof and spell-defying and I did find them out quite a long time ago. For spell-proof it's 1% resist per 50 strength, 1% resist per 50 agility, and 1% resist per 115 power. For spell-defying it's 1% reist per 100 strength, 1% resist per 100 agility, and 1% per 230 power. Now for those people who want to know what rank spell-proof and spell-defying is spell-proof is an epic talent while spell-defying is an ultra rare talent.
      Which pets to mix with?
      Now that we know the formulas it's to move on to find out which 2 pets have these such talents and I did find them. Magma collosus and defender pig you might ask why only magma collosus and defender pig or burnzilla it's because magma collosus has better strength, agility, and power all together than any other pet which will get higher resist according to the formula and defender pig and burnzilla has 3 of the talents that you need to have in order to reach 18% resist and i'll explain the talents later on.
      Comparison and Talents
      Now i'm gonna compare the formulas to the magma collosus as you see in the picture he has 250 strength, 215 agility, and 250 power. Imagine you had the mixed magma collosus and got it to epic and got all the right talents. So now it's time to tell which talents the pet needs 1. Spell-proof, 2. Spell-defying, 3. Tenacious (Ultra Rare (3)) - +50 Strength 4. Durable (Ultra Rare (3)) - +50 Agility. So your collosus would have 300 strength, or 275 agility, and 250 or power but let's imagine that I got a collosus that had all the required taletns. With 300 strength magma gets 9% resist so far according to both formulas 50+50+50+50+50+50=6% resist and for spell-defying 100+100+100=3% resist 6%+3%=9% resist to all. For agility which would be 275 resist according to the formula it would be 7% resist to all 50+50+50+50+50=5% resist and for spell-defying 100+100=2% resist to all 5%+2%=7% to all. Now for the last stat that relies on spell-proof and spell-defying... POWER! So magma collosus would still be at 250 but remember we're just imagining so according to the forumlas it's 3% resist 115+115+=2% and for spell-defying it would be 215=1% resist. Now we add all the resist together for a grand total of 9%+7%+3%=19% resist.

This post contains 7 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

made by autumn ice and avatar is made by zokushi

resendes11 is offline Novice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Guide to reaching MAX resist!

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Alexander Deathcaster View Post
      I made this guide for people that wanted to reach the max resist I hope it helps! I guide originally posted this guide in the thread Total Resist the link click here to see the thread. I posted it here so people who want to reach the ultimate resist can try.
      The Formulas
      Firstly we need to know the formulas for spell-proof and spell-defying and I did find them out quite a long time ago. For spell-proof it's 1% resist per 50 strength, 1% resist per 50 agility, and 1% resist per 115 power. For spell-defying it's 1% reist per 100 strength, 1% resist per 100 agility, and 1% per 230 power. Now for those people who want to know what rank spell-proof and spell-defying is spell-proof is an epic talent while spell-defying is an ultra rare talent.
      Which pets to mix with?
      Now that we know the formulas it's to move on to find out which 2 pets have these such talents and I did find them. Magma collosus and defender pig you might ask why only magma collosus and defender pig or burnzilla it's because magma collosus has better strength, agility, and power all together than any other pet which will get higher resist according to the formula and defender pig and burnzilla has 3 of the talents that you need to have in order to reach 18% resist and i'll explain the talents later on.
      Comparison and Talents
      Now i'm gonna compare the formulas to the magma collosus as you see in the picture he has 250 strength, 215 agility, and 250 power. Imagine you had the mixed magma collosus and got it to epic and got all the right talents. So now it's time to tell which talents the pet needs 1. Spell-proof, 2. Spell-defying, 3. Tenacious (Ultra Rare (3)) - +50 Strength 4. Durable (Ultra Rare (3)) - +50 Agility. So your collosus would have 300 strength, or 275 agility, and 250 or power but let's imagine that I got a collosus that had all the required taletns. With 300 strength magma gets 9% resist so far according to both formulas 50+50+50+50+50+50=6% resist and for spell-defying 100+100+100=3% resist 6%+3%=9% resist to all. For agility which would be 275 resist according to the formula it would be 7% resist to all 50+50+50+50+50=5% resist and for spell-defying 100+100=2% resist to all 5%+2%=7% to all. Now for the last stat that relies on spell-proof and spell-defying... POWER! So magma collosus would still be at 250 but remember we're just imagining so according to the forumlas it's 3% resist 115+115+=2% and for spell-defying it would be 215=1% resist. Now we add all the resist together for a grand total of 9%+7%+3%=19% resist.
      I could be mistaken but i'm pretty sure that resistance on a pet is impossible. The max a those 2 resistance abilities can get are 10 and 5, making the max 15% resist overall. I dont believe the forumla you used to come up with those results are necessarily accurate. According to a friend of mine who has pets with both resistance talents says you need strength, agility, and power to be over 237 in order to achieve max resist.

This post contains 9 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.

parker89 is offline Transcendent Wizard

Mood:
      Tired

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

if you wanna have the most possible then start off with a max stat pet and get resistant talents you want and then fill in the rest of your talent spaces with selfish talents that go towards strength, power, and will. thats the short version of what you just said.

simonmeow is offline Master Wizard

• simonmeow's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Blake Spellhorn
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Avalon
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Many
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Varies

Mood:
      Amused

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

The formula is

2x Strength + 2x Agility + Power/125 for Spell proof

2x Strength + 2x Agility + Power/250 for Defy.

Also, remember that the talents round. A pet with 10% proof and 5% defy may only be 14% together.

Say you have 9.62 for Spell Proof (10) and 4.56 for Defy (5)

9.62 + 4.56 = 14.18, which is 14 total resist.

Rayzer is offline Transcendent Wizard

• Rayzer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  The Fairycaller Clan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lady Max / Moose
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Elemental Foo Dog / Bloodbat

Mood:
      Bored

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

I always thought that you needed 250 Strength, 250 Agility, and 250 Power to get 15 Resist from your pet.
      The lower numbers just round up for display. Here are the formulas that I've been using from the Wiki:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki...ty:Spell-Proof
      http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki...:Spell-Defying
      Thanks to Ashley Frost for the Signature
      My Max Pet Album

Alexander Deathcaster is offline Adept Wizard

Mood:
      Amused

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Rayzer View Post
      I always thought that you needed 250 Strength, 250 Agility, and 250 Power to get 15 Resist from your pet.
      The lower numbers just round up for display. Here are the formulas that I've been using from the Wiki:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki...ty:Spell-Proof
      http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki...:Spell-Defying
      Yes to get get 15% resist but the "selfish" talents allow you to go beyond that so with the talents you could probably reach a maximum of 21% resist thanks to 5th slot.

This post contains 1 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.

Takiza is offline Magus Wizard

• Takiza's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  The Legacy of Ice
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Celestia
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Frostbite
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Winter Moon

Mood:
      Angelic

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

The Formulas
      Which pets to mix with?
      Comparison and Talents
      Uh no.

Going by your formula my pet with 200 STR, 248 AGI(250 round up), and 228 power should have...

200/50=4
      250/50=5
      228/115=2

=11 resist from Proof.

But it SHOWS only 9 percent, and is 8.97%

The REAL formula is as follows

Proof

Str: 62.5/1
      Agi: 62.5/1
      Pow: 125/1

Defy is

STR: 125/1
      POW: 250/1
      AGI: 125/1

For my proof with those #s,
      STR: 200/62.5=3.2
      AGI: 248/62.5=3.97
      POW: 228/125=1.8

= total resist of 8.97.

EDIT: With the selfishes as follows: (+50 AGI)(+50 STR)(+25 AGI & STR), you might get higher resist,

let's see, with those selfishes and a MAX 250 pet, what resist?

STR 325/62.5=5.2
      AGI 325/62.5=5.2
      POW 250/125=2
      =12.4 max resist no matter what to Proof.

/2 = a max of 6.2 resist on Defy.

12.4+6.2= A MAXIMUM OF 19 GENERAL RESIST(18.6)!

This post contains 8 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.
      Last edited by Takiza; 3-5-13 at 6:19 PM.

QoW is here! Yay! :D

Alexander Deathcaster is offline Adept Wizard

Mood:
      Amused

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Uh ok you win! :P
      Also please note this was from 2009. So it is kinda out of date... lol

esmee stormweaver is offline Apprentice Wizard

• esmee stormweaver's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Esmee Stormweaver
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  DragonSpyre
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Rain Beetle

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Yes to get get 15% resist but the "selfish" talents allow you to go beyond that so with the talents you could probably reach a maximum of 21% resist thanks to 5th slot.
      This was originally posted at w101 site but let me post it here to see your comments:

I4C GR8NESS posted:
      21 universal resist on a pet? I don't think so. I think you max out at 20 universal resist. The way I see it is:
      You can max 14 with spell-proof and 7 with spell-defy but those depend on using the other 4 slots to boost your stats/attributes (in particular str and agility).
      The absolute best that I see is Proof, Defy, Mighty (+65Str), Relentless(+65Ag), Unshakeable(+40Str & +25Ag) which I don't have but calculate will give +7 on defy but only give +13 on Proof and hence a total of only 20.
      Please let me know if I'm missing something.

This post contains 6 auto-link(s) to our wiki for your reference.
      Last edited by esmee stormweaver; 6-29-13 at 4:37 PM.