Combining pets in intersting... It isn't like we thought it might be. You don't mix the look of the pet. You only mix the abilities. But this is important. It means that instead of my wraith with 4% power pip and 6% death resist, I can add other bonuses to that too from other people's pets. You can combine two of your own pets or yours and another people in the Hatchery. The downside is that you can lose certain abilities, and is just a baby when it hatches. So though there are BIG advantages, you may find it more of a disadvantage if you are unlucky enough.
Creating New Pets
Wizards can combine two of their existing Adult Pets to create a new egg!
In the Hatchery, Doctor Purreau is an expert in pet hatching. Speak to him and he’ll explain the astonishing ways your pets can grow and change.
Your pet must be an Adult before it can participate in Hatching.
Below are screenshots and descriptions of the process.
Sorry for teh inconvienience, but you may not open pictures and expand them beyond their current size.
This is the Hatchery, where pets can hatch new pet eggs. It's a remarkable process! Simply stand on the sigil near the Hatcher and choose two adult pets you'd like to use. You pretty much choose two pets.
If two Wizards want to collaborate, both must stand on the sigil. Each can contribute a single adult pet. When you're ready, press the 'Hatch' button. Voila! A new egg. If two Wizards work together, they'll hatch two identical eggs. If two work together-two identical eggs!!
The egg will take the appearance of one of the original pets, but the Traits & Powers will mix and match. Which pet and which traits...who can say? Once the egg has hatched, your new pet is just a baby, and needs to be trained and fed. There are a few downsides...
You can train your pet with the minigames offered in the Pet Pavilion. As you train your pet, it grows older and will develop new Derby Talents and Pet Powers.
Your pet's Pedigree Score represents its upper potential which is how rare and powerful the Talents and Powers are that it can manifest. The higher its Pedigree, the better. The second number represents how much of your pet's Pedigree it has already manifested.
1. Unequip a pet if you want to use it
2. Stand in the sigil. If you want to mix it with a friend's pet, stand on the same sigil.
3. Choose the pets to combine, and click hatch. This costs 60k-80k (60,000 to 80,000) gold.
4. Before long, you pet ill hatch as a baby regardless of its original form.
5. Your pet's bonuses may vary, and you will mix and match with the friend's. You may have +5% power pip and +6% resist, and your friend may have +3% death resist and +10 mana, and the pets may coem out with only two or three of the combines results. You will each recieve an identical egg.
6. You may be able to do this multiple times, however, you must train your pet to adult status first!
While this has its risks, if you succeed, it has major benefits! Your pets have now unleashed a whole new way of battling and making your game interesting!