Cool

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Re: Pricing Model Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Quantize View Post
      Please keep in mind that those wizards who were level 50, essentially used an exploit to level from 40-50. They replayed the instanced area Crimson Fields which yields around 5,000 exp per run-through, which can be completed in roughly 20 minutes with 4 people. So to say that level 50 is reachable in 2 weeks, is probably not a valid statement.

Also, sure other games have a lot more content to offer, but every game started somewhere, and this one has to aswell. If you don't like it, wait until a year from now when there will be content coming out of our ears.
      Not sure why you think using something in the game to get more experience is an exploit,as it was there to be re-playable,so actually,getting to Level 50 under a couple of weeks,is technically a valid statement,as for the start of this game,most other popular MMOs started when the economy was a little better,and people might not be as willing to try out a new game nowawdays,but aside from that,I agree.

Cookie is offline Magus Wizard

• Cookie's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Scarlett Mist
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Grizzleheim
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Roscoe
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Krokomummy
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoryn95 View Post
      See, normally I would agree, but you forget the X factor of their profit: 8 years old.

As soon as they launch a commercial on TV about it in the style of the TT commercials, 8 years will storm to their parents asking to join, and of most of the adults I know from acquaintance when with my parents, they'll get it. Maybe it's because I live in a suburb where the kids are spoiled to the point of insanity, but it seems like a lot of parents are getting lazy in the way they pay attention to their kids.

I know what you mean

I live in that rich suburb too

Not like the mansions but you know...where kids get anything they want.

I really do not know how many kids where I live would actually want to play this game. The truth is that kids more care about designer stuff and blah blah blah. Still if parents are still purchasing millions of webkinz then I am sure W101 will be the same way
      I give myself full credit for being the first person on here to reach 1,000 posts

Gregoryn95 is offline Initiate Wizard

• Gregoryn95's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Alejandro Rider
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Rocky
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Pioneer Dragon
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
      I know what you mean

I live in that rich suburb too

Not like the mansions but you know...where kids get anything they want.

I really do not know how many kids where I live would actually want to play this game. The truth is that kids more care about designer stuff and blah blah blah. Still if parents are still purchasing millions of webkinz then I am sure W101 will be the same way
      Hey, if it's got a commercial on TV, it must be cool!

That would be the designer obsessed logic lacking mind thinking.

JamesMist is offline Novice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
      Ugh, webkinz. Gotta give credit to the guy who made it. One good reason that it is so successful is that they don't charge monthly memberships. Only have to buy a pet for like 12 dollars and your good for a year.

I just hope that the wizard101 staff will actually read and hear from us on the pricing. I know that a lot of kids are not going to be able to play this great game because their parents will not let them. Even if they keep the price, I am still leaving and I will not go back to any other game. At least I was able to be a wizard101 beta tester :D

Jacqueline is offline Initiate Wizard

• Jacqueline's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jacqueline Dark
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wintertusk
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Mister Oliver
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fierce Hound
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Quantize View Post
      Please keep in mind that those wizards who were level 50, essentially used an exploit to level from 40-50. They replayed the instanced area Crimson Fields which yields around 5,000 exp per run-through, which can be completed in roughly 20 minutes with 4 people. So to say that level 50 is reachable in 2 weeks, is probably not a valid statement.

Also, sure other games have a lot more content to offer, but every game started somewhere, and this one has to aswell. If you don't like it, wait until a year from now when there will be content coming out of our ears.
      Regardless of how they did it... the point is that they still did it. The system was set up to give experience credit for quests that you've already completed, so if that's how they chose to advance, then that is their choice. Level 50 is level 50... no matter which way you look at it. I know several players who were able to get to levels between 25 and 30 within a weeks time - yes the amount of time you're willing to spend in a game is a factor and not everybody will be able to do this - but those that can will have little reason to pay for more than a months worth of this game.

Every game had to start somewhere. You're right. However, asking consumers to pay the same price as other games that are more developed and have earned their place in the list of top MMORPGs is silly.

Quantize is offline Initiate Wizard

• Quantize's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Keira Winter
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Moo Shu
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Queen Sugar
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Jacqueline View Post
      Regardless of how they did it... the point is that they still did it. The system was set up to give experience credit for quests that you've already completed
      Exactly, that's how they DID it, past tense. I hope, and would think, that the dev's noticed that this area took out a large portion of balance in the leveling speed and will have fixed it accordingly by the time anyone is up in MooShu.

I understand your point about comparing to other games, but I don't agree with people saying "the game can be beaten in 2 weeks". Saying "you can complete the content in 2 weeks" is not an accurate statement for the average player.
      Anything worth fighting for, is worth fighting dirty for.

Marcus is offline Novice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I love the choice made for the business model. The only thing that wasn't mentioned that I am heavily curious of (Which makes the whole model actually WORK) is the amount in % of discount for pre-paid subcriptions.

What everyone here is failing to realize and so quick to jump down KingIsle's throats is I believe they have a plan to reduce the fees down to around $7/month...

THEY WANT YOUR COMMITMENT. At least for 6 months. If you don't want to play for 6 months, you pay at the premium of $10/month

It's not a big request, they simply want some loyalty.

Even at $10, this is a unique game that you can find no where else. No Korean Cookie Cutter or Disney game can replicate what Wizard101 and KingIsle has done. Period.

Enjoy spending $200 on a B-Rated disney title you don't even play, and yet still have the gaul to complain about a fair pricing model because you invest your money elsewhere.

Allan LifeGiver is offline Journeyman Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
      Enjoy spending $200 on a B-Rated disney title you don't even play, and yet still have the gaul to complain about a fair pricing model because you invest your money elsewhere.
      My point wasn't that I invested my money on another game that I don't play, it was that they want us to pay the same amount of money on this game that I pay for another game. That "B-rated disney title" is a game that in my opinion is more enjoyable and more worth-while.

My reasons for continuing to pay for it really shouldn't concern you, but it is not the fact that I pay for another game and don't have the money for this one. It's that while I COULD buy this game and have enough money for both, I would rather play a game for free that allows me to buy certain items when I choose to.

I started this game to try it out. I decided during the game that I didn't think it was worth subscribing to, and that if they did go subscription based I would not continue to play. They did, I chose not to play, end of story.

JamesMist is offline Novice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
      What everyone here is failing to realize and so quick to jump down KingIsle's throats is I believe they have a plan to reduce the fees down to around $7/month...

THEY WANT YOUR COMMITMENT. At least for 6 months. If you don't want to play for 6 months, you pay at the premium of $10/month

It's not a big request, they simply want some loyalty.

Even at $10, this is a unique game that you can find no where else. No Korean Cookie Cutter or Disney game can replicate what Wizard101 and KingIsle has done. Period.

Even at 7 dollars is still a lot of money, especially for a new game. I will only stick with them if they will listen to the players. Everyone here at this website loves this game, but some people can not/are not willing to buy a subscription with that much money. I do agree that this is a very CREATIVE game, which is why it caught so much attention. However there are plenty of other games that are still out there and in the makings.

Wizard Nerd is offline Magus Wizard

• Wizard Nerd's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Cole
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Maximus
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Minotaur/Ghoul
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Some of you guys don't see is that some of us play Toontown, and other games. So adding Toontown, plus Wizard 101 cost a lot of money. Including me we just had a wedding, the economy isn't well, I only have one parent, and two siblings. So just saying it may sound fair, but actually paying for it shows it.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast