----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Pricing Model Announcement

Well, my dad is the exact opposite. He says no to almost everything unless I persist. By the time He nearly breaks down and says "Fine just go away" I am infuriated and not very pleasant. I live in the suburbs.
      Last edited by Cait; 9-1-08 at 5:20:50 PM. Reason: Hinting to location

Sabrina is offline Journeyman Wizard

• Sabrina's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sabrina
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Moo Shu
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sugar
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Pioneer Dragon
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoryn95 View Post
      POINT 1:I can't stand it when people say nothing is free.

Sabrina,
      Soup Kitchens(although obviously not for people who can afford this game)
      Food samples.
      Maple Story(lol).

I don't even need to add more, because you said

Keyword NOTHING.

Someone established that Soup Kitchen.. it cost them money.
      Food samples cost the people giving the samples away money.
      Maple Story took money to be developed.
      And to prevent you from making more examples, this game is not free to the creators. :D

Marcus is offline Novice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNightOwl View Post
      You're missing something though.

It's only going to be $120-ish per year if you pay by the month.

Yearly subscriptions will be discounted. Again, we'll have to wait and see what the actual price will be and what our other options will be. When everything is released and whatnot, our opinions about the matter may change accordingly.

Until then, I'm of the opinion that we should keep our complaining to a minimum. Because you may be wasting your breath

Someone even went to say ToonTown is a gift to gaming. LOL at that, but we're not going to make this a flame-fest. I will leave it at this: No respectable MMORPG site will list toon-town anywhere near the top 25...even the top 50 MMO's.

My friend Greg pointed out the similarites. I agree the interface is similar Greg, but that is because they are both kids games!

The HOW to get around the game (The user interface, the way chat works) is similar because they share the same target audience. The Who,What,Where, and Why are COMPLETELY different. I totally disagree with those who say Wiz is 45% TT. If you want to consider the UI, I'll give you a 5%.

Please do not compare Wiz to games like Maple Story and Combat Arms. While these are OK games, I can play MapleStory in about 50 different forms with about 50 different names, but it is the same game. Same thing with Combat Arms. They polish'd off the same engine they use for all their B- First Person shooters.

Korean Cookie Cutter MMO's cannot compare to what it takes to create a single unique game from scratch. That is why CASH SHOPS are so much easier/popular for them to put up. They have ALREADY MADE MILLIONS IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY.

Korea/Asia have been making MMO's before ToonTown was even a concept, Before Americans could concept the definition of MMO. 3/4 of the korean games out now (including the original korean Maple Story) were made BEFORE toontown, restyled, renamed, and ported to American and European countries to rebrand and make money in cash shops.

KingIsle is an American company funded by a couple of foreign shareholders (Like the gray haired guy in the making videos who claims them to be the "Real Wizards"), staffed by some of the greatest game developers in our countries game making history. You are talking about the guys who made MORTAL KOMBAT. The game that spawned almost every fighting game out there (Aside from Street Fighter). J.T. Coleman produced Shadowbane, an MMO that actually MAKES a Top 50 MMO List. Yes, developers of this calibur cost money.

Developing a game on your own, without editing a game that already exists and made money, COSTS MONEY.

Legendary you are a man with some valid points, if you had some more history in where these games come from. Truthfully though, there are too many posts of people saying ToonTown this ToonTown that (That is a general statement, im not targetting you specifically.) This is not ToonTown, and KingIsle is not DISNEY, a multi-billion dollar franchise who doesn't even produce their own MMO's (Disney Interactive has better things to do, I think?). It's kind of funny that the company that has billions can't fix bugs that I saw in Alpha 6 years ago, while KingIsle has made great stride in a matter of months starting the end of may.

I have so much more to say on this topic, but I'm going to end here, soak in what I said, and post a little more later.
      Last edited by Allan LifeGiver; 9-1-08 at 4:56:17 PM. Reason: Reference to Religion/Inappropriate

Chaos is offline Apprentice Wizard

• Chaos's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jason Storm Mancer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Moo Shu
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Morgan
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  pioneer dragon
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Just an FYI. Sorry if this has already been reported, I didn't have time to read all 11 pages. Sunday 8/31/08 My daughter was watching one of those cartoon stations and sure enough there is a commercial for W101, unfortunately the volume was turn down because we had guest over, so i didn't hear any details. Be ready to reach into your wallets and purses W101 fans!

• Sabrina's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sabrina
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Moo Shu
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sugar
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Pioneer Dragon
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
      Just an FYI. Sorry if this has already been reported, I didn't have time to read all 11 pages. Sunday 8/31/08 My daughter was watching one of those cartoon stations and sure enough there is a commercial for W101, unfortunately the volume was turn down because we had guest over, so i didn't hear any details. Be ready to reach into your wallets and purses W101 fans!
      Any news on when we will be able to subscribe? I know they might not have set a date yet, but if they are advertising we should have some idea now.

cisthebest is offline Apprentice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Yeah, I wanna know too. (Get a start on dad and his "I don't have money") but has enough to buy things for himself that usually cost MORE.
      Last edited by cisthebest; 9-1-08 at 5:20:24 PM.

• Sabrina's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sabrina
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Moo Shu
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sugar
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Pioneer Dragon
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
      I'm glad NightOwl, that I have someone to quote that makes sense through 11 pages...

You've all stated your opinion...some biased, some misinformed, some without intelligence behind your posts....

I don't blame you.

Someone even went to say ToonTown is a gift to gaming. LOL at that, but we're not going to make this a flame-fest. I will leave it at this: No respectable MMORPG site will list toon-town anywhere near the top 25...even the top 50 MMO's.

My friend Greg pointed out the similarites. I agree the interface is similar Greg, but that is because they are both kids games!

The HOW to get around the game (The user interface, the way chat works) is similar because they share the same target audience. The Who,What,Where, and Why are COMPLETELY different. I totally disagree with those who say Wiz is 45% TT. If you want to consider the UI, I'll give you a 5%.

Please do not compare Wiz to games like Maple Story and Combat Arms. While these are OK games, I can play MapleStory in about 50 different forms with about 50 different names, but it is the same game. Same thing with Combat Arms. They polish'd off the same engine they use for all their B- First Person shooters.

Korean Cookie Cutter MMO's cannot compare to what it takes to create a single unique game from scratch. That is why CASH SHOPS are so much easier/popular for them to put up. They have ALREADY MADE MILLIONS IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY.

Korea/Asia have been making MMO's before ToonTown was even a concept, Before Americans could concept the definition of MMO. 3/4 of the korean games out now (including the original korean Maple Story) were made BEFORE toontown, restyled, renamed, and ported to American and European countries to rebrand and make money in cash shops.

KingIsle is an American company funded by a couple of foreign shareholders (Like the gray haired guy in the making videos who claims them to be the "Real Wizards"), staffed by some of the greatest game developers in our countries game making history. You are talking about the guys who made MORTAL KOMBAT. The game that spawned almost every fighting game out there (Aside from Street Fighter). J.T. Coleman produced Shadowbane, an MMO that actually MAKES a Top 50 MMO List. Yes, developers of this calibur cost money.

Developing a game on your own, without editing a game that already exists and made money, COSTS MONEY.

Legendary you are a man with some valid points, if you had some more history in where these games come from. Truthfully though, there are too many posts of people saying ToonTown this ToonTown that (That is a general statement, im not targetting you specifically.) This is not ToonTown, and KingIsle is not DISNEY, a multi-billion dollar franchise who doesn't even produce their own MMO's (Disney Interactive has better things to do, I think?). It's kind of funny that the company that has billions can't fix bugs that I saw in Alpha 6 years ago, while KingIsle has made great stride in a matter of months starting the end of may.

I have so much more to say on this topic, but I'm going to end here, soak in what I said, and post a little more later.
      You said alot in this post, but I don't see your stand on the argument at hand. No disrespect, but you bashed all of our posts but didn't really give your personal opionion on the topic- just your feelings towards our opinions.

Marcus is offline Novice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

My original stand on the topic is on Page 4, in accordance with LadyNightOwl's recent post.

http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...6&postcount=37
      Last edited by Marcus; 9-1-08 at 5:07:46 PM. Reason: Wrong page, added link

• Sabrina's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sabrina
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Moo Shu
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sugar
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Pioneer Dragon
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
      My original stand on the topic is on Page 4, in accordance with LadyNightOwl's recent post.

http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...6&postcount=37
      Sorry, so many posters I did not keep track that you previously posted. Thank you for that link
      I agree with you and NightOwl, people are using the "I cannot afford $120 a year-- ToonTown is $85..." too much when we have yet to see our options.
      Again sorry for the misconception.

Chaos is offline Apprentice Wizard

• Chaos's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jason Storm Mancer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Moo Shu
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Morgan
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  pioneer dragon
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina View Post
      Any news on when we will be able to subscribe? I know they might not have set a date yet, but if they are advertising we should have some idea now.
      Sorry I didn't get any details, I wanted to turn the volume up so I could hear better but our guest were over chatting up a storm.