Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Pricing Model Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
      Sorry I didn't get any details, I wanted to turn the volume up so I could hear better but our guest were over chatting up a storm.
      Hmm.. I'm sure it will be announced soon enough. No worries about the chatty guests.

Gregoryn95 is offline Initiate Wizard

• Gregoryn95's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Alejandro Rider
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Rocky
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Pioneer Dragon
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

*takes in deep breath*

Quote Originally Posted by cisthebest View Post
      Well, my dad is the exact opposite. He says no to almost everything unless I persist. By the time He nearly breaks down and says "Fine just go away" I am infuriated and not very pleasant. I live in the suburbs(Or at least near suburbs(City Limits)).
      I didn't say all kids, I said 8 years old. Are you telling me you're 8?

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina View Post
      Someone established that Soup Kitchen.. it cost them money.
      Food samples cost the people giving the samples away money.
      Maple Story took money to be developed.
      And to prevent you from making more examples, this game is not free to the creators. :D
      You didn't say nothing is free on both sides, you just said nothing is free. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
      I'm glad NightOwl, that I have someone to quote that makes sense through 11 pages...

You've all stated your opinion...some biased, some misinformed, some without intelligence behind your posts....

I don't blame you.

Someone even went to say ToonTown is a gift to gaming. LOL at that, but we're not going to make this a flame-fest. I will leave it at this: No respectable MMORPG site will list toon-town anywhere near the top 25...even the top 50 MMO's.

My friend Greg pointed out the similarites. I agree the interface is similar Greg, but that is because they are both kids games!

The HOW to get around the game (The user interface, the way chat works) is similar because they share the same target audience. The Who,What,Where, and Why are COMPLETELY different. I totally disagree with those who say Wiz is 45% TT. If you want to consider the UI, I'll give you a 5%.

Please do not compare Wiz to games like Maple Story and Combat Arms. While these are OK games, I can play MapleStory in about 50 different forms with about 50 different names, but it is the same game. Same thing with Combat Arms. They polish'd off the same engine they use for all their B- First Person shooters.

Korean Cookie Cutter MMO's cannot compare to what it takes to create a single unique game from scratch. That is why CASH SHOPS are so much easier/popular for them to put up. They have ALREADY MADE MILLIONS IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY.

Korea/Asia have been making MMO's before ToonTown was even a concept, Before Americans could concept the definition of MMO. 3/4 of the korean games out now (including the original korean Maple Story) were made BEFORE toontown, restyled, renamed, and ported to American and European countries to rebrand and make money in cash shops.

KingIsle is an American company funded by a couple of foreign shareholders (Like the gray haired guy in the making videos who claims them to be the "Real Wizards"), staffed by some of the greatest game developers in our countries game making history. You are talking about the guys who made MORTAL KOMBAT. The game that spawned almost every fighting game out there (Aside from Street Fighter). J.T. Coleman produced Shadowbane, an MMO that actually MAKES a Top 50 MMO List. Yes, developers of this calibur cost money.

Developing a game on your own, without editing a game that already exists and made money, COSTS MONEY.

Legendary you are a man with some valid points, if you had some more history in where these games come from. Truthfully though, there are too many posts of people saying ToonTown this ToonTown that (That is a general statement, im not targetting you specifically.) This is not ToonTown, and KingIsle is not DISNEY, a multi-billion dollar franchise who doesn't even produce their own MMO's (Disney Interactive has better things to do, I think?). It's kind of funny that the company that has billions can't fix bugs that I saw in Alpha 6 years ago, while KingIsle has made great stride in a matter of months starting the end of may.

I have so much more to say on this topic, but I'm going to end here, soak in what I said, and post a little more later.
      I know other kids games, and yes, I will now mention Maplestory. Regardless of whether it's a CCMMO, it's a successful formula. Kids under 18 can play, and they block out most words in filter, so it's quite appropriate. The system isn't violent, so you could very well say this is a kid MMO. *Searches for big icons representing health, mana and speedchat* Hmmmmm.

Fine, guy who made Shadow(insert verb or noun here) and guy who made Mortal Kombat. This is a game for kids. Why is someone who made the world's bloodiest, goriest game ever on the team, and why does he bother using time for a small company not willing to pay him millions for his work?

Wizard101 isn't unique. Fine, it may not LOOK like TT, but it has essentially the same coding with a few minor details. If Disney made TT open source(obviously they never will), this could VERY WELL be one of the first few things that pop up. The graphics are more or less the same. STOP! *points at people about to yell* You all know it. There's almost no discernability as to which looks better. LIW mentioned not seeing hands correctly but TT covers this with giant Mickey mouse style gloves. They are in many ways the same. (room analogies) All this is a TT Room with an extension, and a fresh coat of paint, nothing more. Go ahead and prove me wrong, I'm game, just trying to point out the truth as far as possible.

And for all interested,
      Wizard 101 Commercial has been put up on Youtube.

Marcus is offline Novice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoryn95 View Post
      Fine, guy who made Shadow(insert verb or noun here) and guy who made Mortal Kombat. This is a game for kids. Why is someone who made the world's bloodiest, goriest game ever on the team, and why does he bother using time for a small company not willing to pay him millions for his work?

Well, when Mortal Kombat was created the guy was probably in his late late teens, going into his twenties. Now the guy is 30-40 with kids. It changes the minds perspective and channel of creativity from blood and gore, to bunnies and groundhogs.

Also the fact they both have fairly high positions in the company, and are heading their own game would probably factor in as well. You don't necessarily make a huge % in royalties (even for a game like Mortal Kombat) for making the game. It's usually the publisher racking in all the royalties (In this case Acclaim).

Neither of the two points you made that I felt needed a counter-argument have anything to do with the Pricing Model of the game though.

I'm not gonna go into the rest of your post as it was towards other people, and the bottom part about similarities was covered in my previous post.

cisthebest is offline Apprentice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Toontown doesn't have as much detail as Wizard101, so the graphics do not look the same. And, no, I'm not 8.

Gregoryn95 is offline Initiate Wizard

• Gregoryn95's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Alejandro Rider
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Rocky
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Pioneer Dragon
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by cisthebest View Post
      Toontown doesn't have as much detail as Wizard101, so the graphics do not look the same. And, no, I'm not 8.
      *scratches head* I don't see it. I've looked through pictures of both. In fact, if I remember correctly, the lamp shades in toontown are 2D, with buildings that have barely any detail needed.

Are you telling me that Toontown is more detailed because it has less to detail? Because that's flawed thinking. Has motion blur gotten to you?

Am I blind? It looks better, and the W101 shot is very low quality.

I realize this is getting extremely off topic, so I'll shut up now.

Sabrina is offline Journeyman Wizard

• Sabrina's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sabrina
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Moo Shu
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sugar
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Pioneer Dragon
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

*scratches head* I don't see it. I've looked through pictures of both. In fact, if I remember correctly, the lamp shades in toontown are 2D, with buildings that have barely any detail needed.

Are you telling me that Toontown is more detailed because it has less to detail? Because that's flawed thinking. Has motion blur gotten to you?

In the actual game, yes. But ToonTown looksmore appealing with those two pictures being compared.

cisthebest is offline Apprentice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I don't know why you're saying it's low quality, because it's probably YOUR computer. Mine has pretty okay quality.

Rikx is offline Novice Wizard

• Rikx's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Gilroy Anvilblade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Maximus
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Pioneer dragon
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Back to the subject of pricing...

$4.95 or $5.95 are the right way to go (or at least a discount for beta players that comes down to either of these two prices). Almost all of my friends say they would pay the $4.95 or $5.95, but not the $9.95.
      "I'm the baddest of the bad. I'm the best that you've ever had." -Rivers Cuomo

-ChristopherBlood- is offline Apprentice Wizard

• -ChristopherBlood-'s Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Look at Sig.
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cali
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dragon
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina View Post
      You said alot in this post, but I don't see your stand on the argument at hand. No disrespect, but you bashed all of our posts but didn't really give your personal opionion on the topic- just your feelings towards our opinions.
      You took the words right out of my mouth.

Also Marcus, you seem to have all of this knowledge about this game and staff; how is it that you are so well informed on this information that you are telling all of us?
      Keep it Fresh.
      Christopher Blood LVL 12 && Christina Blood LVL 12

Unofficial W101C Wizard Tracker.

Curious Luke is offline Fizzled

• Curious Luke's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  luke swfitwalker
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  MooShu
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  king midnight
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  BETA dragon
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries
      look here. If I have to buy a game for ten dollars in total thats 120 a year. With the encomny and how it is. I really don't think people wanna pay that much 5 dollars or anything under 8 dollars really might be worth it. This is a child's game. It be better if you lowered it so kids can pay for it them selves. Ten dollars is a real turn off to all of my friends too.

The qualtiy of the w101 picture makes it look worse. Also w101 dosen't have 2-d trees when toontown is 25% 2 d.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast