Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Re: Pricing Model Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoryn95 View Post
      Oh! Your post reminded me of what I wanted to say. In some other thread or maybe this one, somebody posted a challenge to find a game with good graphics that's free.
      LOL! It was actually Quantize who said that to DizzySkyJump when he announced that he was quitting. :D

OK, back to the real discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoryn95 View Post
      My point is, a time cap should be implemented, not a content cap.
      I agree.

Wizard Nerd is offline Magus Wizard

• Wizard Nerd's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Cole
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Maximus
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Minotaur/Ghoul
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Super Death Wizard View Post
      It never launched,atleast not yet...
      Oops now that I re-read it, it doesn't make sense. I fixed it. :D

Jacqueline is offline Initiate Wizard

• Jacqueline's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jacqueline Dark
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wintertusk
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Mister Oliver
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fierce Hound
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Hmm. It's obvious that the developers put a lot of time and effort into providing a quality game for us to play. However, it is not realistic to charge the same price as other similar games (my only personal example is ToonTown as well) that have been around for years and have a lot more to provide as far as content is concerned. As is, this game can be completed far too quickly, which makes a 6-month or yearly subscription useless to those who don't plan to make several characters. Leveling up is fairly easy and as we've seen in our own forums... two days after re-opening there are already some pretty high level wizards out there.

If paying for an account included giving us a way to earn crowns through games or other quests in the game or we were given an allowance of crowns each month per character, then I might think this pricing model was reasonable. I know that all of this is subject to change and I don't think we should play for free, but I also will not be playing if this is the route they choose to go.

Quantize is offline Initiate Wizard

• Quantize's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Keira Winter
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Moo Shu
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Queen Sugar
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Please keep in mind that those wizards who were level 50, essentially used an exploit to level from 40-50. They replayed the instanced area Crimson Fields which yields around 5,000 exp per run-through, which can be completed in roughly 20 minutes with 4 people. So to say that level 50 is reachable in 2 weeks, is probably not a valid statement.

Also, sure other games have a lot more content to offer, but every game started somewhere, and this one has to aswell. If you don't like it, wait until a year from now when there will be content coming out of our ears.
      Anything worth fighting for, is worth fighting dirty for.

Cookie is offline Magus Wizard

• Cookie's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Scarlett Mist
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Grizzleheim
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Roscoe
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Krokomummy
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jacqueline View Post
      Hmm. It's obvious that the developers put a lot of time and effort into providing a quality game for us to play. However, it is not realistic to charge the same price as other similar games (my only personal example is ToonTown as well) that have been around for years and have a lot more to provide as far as content is concerned. As is, this game can be completed far too quickly, which makes a 6-month or yearly subscription useless to those who don't plan to make several characters. Leveling up is fairly easy and as we've seen in our own forums... two days after re-opening there are already some pretty high level wizards out there.

If paying for an account included giving us a way to earn crowns through games or other quests in the game or we were given an allowance of crowns each month per character, then I might think this pricing model was reasonable. I know that all of this is subject to change and I don't think we should play for free, but I also will not be playing if this is the route they choose to go.
      I pretty much agree
      I give myself full credit for being the first person on here to reach 1,000 posts

Allan LifeGiver is offline Journeyman Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I agree with that more than with the system they have now. I am not a freelancer, but I do think that the pricing system just isn't right.. I agree that things shouldn't be free in life, but I think there are other ways of making money than by making us pay every month for a game that can be beaten in less than a month.

For example, I know I keep coming to this, but Maple Story. Maple Story has a system where you pay for certain special items, and they make money doing it. They have a ton of players, and there are people I know who pay well more a year than they would in a subscription of this game. It's a lot easier that way than having to pay every month, because we can pay when we have the money.

Like I said, I am not a freelancer, and if the game had the system of crowns the way they have it on MS, I would definitely do my part and buy the crowns when I had the money to do so. I would probably spend as much or more than I would for a subscription, but there are some months where I don't want to have to pay $10, and there are times when I don't want to give up $80 at a particular time just to have the game a year.

Wizard Nerd is offline Magus Wizard

• Wizard Nerd's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Cole
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Maximus
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Minotaur/Ghoul
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I agree too

If Wizard 101 wants money then they will change 95% of people say "No" so they will miss money. Also if the care about the member they will change it.

JamesMist is offline Novice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Ice Wizard View Post
      I like the game, but personally don't think it's worth having a subscription. I have played free games in the past that I liked much more, one of which was Maple Story. I was hoping that W101 would have the system set up sort of like MS. On MS, you pay for NX coins and you can buy special items no one else can. W101 has a system like that, but is also going to make us pay just to finish the game and I don't really agree with that..

I think that we should be able to play and beat the game without paying, and if there were special features given to subscribers that would be fine. However, with the way it is I will not continue to play.

If it had crowns as the main source of income, I would definitely pay for those when I had the money and wanted some new items. However, I do not want to pay $10 a month. I would even consider buying a subscription if it were $5 a month, but the way it is now I have no intentions of playing or buying anything.
      I agree 100% on this. I have been really attached to this game but what surprises me the most is that all of a sudden I am getting away from it due to the price. 10 dollars is a lot of money, especially how the economy is going. I especially hate how it matches toontown's price. For a game to sell a monthly subscription as the same price as toontown is outrageous, and in my opinion it doesn't even deserve to be worth 10 dollars, perhaps 4.95$ or something along the lines?

Don't get me started on the cash stop AND the need to pay for a monthly subscription. Cash shops ALONE make perfect sense. With no monthly subscriptions, it will pull in the gamers right away, and if the gamers really like it, they can always buy some crowns. I know a lot of people will be willing to buy some.

This is also going to have many people leave the game. I am still deciding on my decision. If they keep the price with the way it is, I can close the door on my way out. I would rather spend my money elsewhere.

I know the development team did a great job on this game (and need to make money off this) but in my opinion they need to earn it. And with all the bugs and more things to add, they still have some work (and business plans) to do!

My thoughts.

Cookie is offline Magus Wizard

• Cookie's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Scarlett Mist
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Grizzleheim
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Roscoe
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Krokomummy
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

You are my friend because I agree with you on several things
      Last edited by Cookie; 8-30-08 at 11:38:25 PM.
      I give myself full credit for being the first person on here to reach 1,000 posts

Gregoryn95 is offline Initiate Wizard

• Gregoryn95's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Alejandro Rider
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Rocky
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Pioneer Dragon
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard Nerd View Post
      I agree too

If Wizard 101 wants money then they will change 95% of people say "No" so they will miss money. Also if the care about the member they will change it.
      See, normally I would agree, but you forget the X factor of their profit: 8 years old.

As soon as they launch a commercial on TV about it in the style of the TT commercials, 8 years will storm to their parents asking to join, and of most of the adults I know from acquaintance when with my parents, they'll get it. Maybe it's because I live in a suburb where the kids are spoiled to the point of insanity, but it seems like a lot of parents are getting lazy in the way they pay attention to their kids.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast