• Aggressive
  • Alienated
  • Amazed
  • Amazed2
  • Amused2
  • Angelic
  • Angry2
  • Apelike
  • Artistic
  • Balanced
  • Bashful
  • Blah
  • Bookworm
  • Bored
  • Breezy
  • Brooding
  • Busy
  • Chatty
  • Cheeky
  • Cheerful
  • Cloud 9
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool2
  • Creative
  • Curious
  • Cynical
  • Daring
  • Devilish
  • Disagree
  • Doh
  • Doubtful
  • Drama Queen
  • Dreaming
  • Elated
  • Energetic
  • Fiendish
  • Fine
  • Gloomy
  • Goofy
  • Grumpy2
  • Happy2
  • Hot
  • In Pain
  • Innocent2
  • Insomnious
  • Inspired
  • Lonely
  • Lucky
  • Lurking
  • Mellow
  • Mischievious
  • Monday Blues
  • Musical
  • Nerdy
  • No Mood
  • Not Amused
  • Notworthy
  • Paranoid
  • Pensive
  • Predatory
  • Procrastinating
  • Psychedelic
  • Relaxed
  • Sad2
  • Scared
  • Scurvy
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Sleeping
  • Sleepy
  • Sluggish
  • Sneaky2
  • Snobbish
  • Spooky
  • Sporty
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Sunshine
  • Sweet Tooth
  • Thinking
  • Torn
  • Twisted
  • Vegged Out
  • Volatile
  • Woot
  • Worried
  • Yee Haw
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrg!
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh!
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • At Work
  • Eating
  • Editing
  • Lagging
  • Netflix
  • No Status
  • PC Gaming
  • PS Gaming
  • Raging
  • Sleeping2
  • Steam Gaming
  • Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Results 11 to 20 of 133
    1. #11
        Allan LifeGiver is offline Journeyman Wizard
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Posts
      368
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      24
      Thanks (Received)
      1800
      Gold
      2,240.90

      Re: Pricing Model Announcement

      Quote Originally Posted by -ChristopherBlood- View Post
      I understand wanting to make money off of it, obviously great game, and people will want to pay to play if they must. BUT, I think that the price is way to much, maybe more like $5.99 a month would be more reasonable, but $9.99 is just too much for this game.

      I think though that a free account only getting half of the game is fair, hey its more than we get at ToonTown. I am fine with that part. But the pricing should be reconsidered, I think if it was lower, then more people would pay to play, but a much lower number will play the current price and Wizard 101 won't make AS MUCH as they could.

      P.S. Hey Everyone.
      Just for the record, it isn't half the game. It's half of WIZARD CITY, Wizard City is just one area on the game. It would be like getting half of TTC, that is what it amounts to. You can beat half of Wizard City in a day, easy.




    2. #12
      -ChristopherBlood-'s Avatar
        -ChristopherBlood- is offline Apprentice Wizard

      • -ChristopherBlood-'s Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Look at Sig.
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  1
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cali
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dragon
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Posts
      91
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      0
      Thanks (Received)
      1
      Gold
      241.08

      Re: Pricing Model Announcement

      Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Ice Wizard View Post
      Just for the record, it isn't half the game. It's half of WIZARD CITY, Wizard City is just one area on the game. It would be like getting half of TTC, that is what it amounts to. You can beat half of Wizard City in a day, easy.
      Oh, wow misread that. Okay, that is a little too limited.

      Hopefully our opinions will be listened to, I mean we all want what is best for the game right?
      Keep it Fresh.
      Christopher Blood LVL 12 && Christina Blood LVL 12

      Unofficial W101C Wizard Tracker.

    3. #13
      Wizard Nerd's Avatar
        Wizard Nerd is offline Magus Wizard

      • Wizard Nerd's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Cole
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  44
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Maximus
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Minotaur/Ghoul
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Posts
      1,158
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      15
      Thanks (Received)
      491
      Gold
      1.00

      Re: Pricing Model Announcement

      Quote Originally Posted by -ChristopherBlood- View Post
      I understand wanting to make money off of it, obviously great game, and people will want to pay to play if they must. BUT, I think that the price is way to much, maybe more like $5.99 a month would be more reasonable, but $9.99 is just too much for this game.

      I think though that a free account only getting half of the game is fair, hey its more than we get at ToonTown. I am fine with that part. But the pricing should be reconsidered, I think if it was lower, then more people would pay to play, but a much lower number will play the current price and Wizard 101 won't make AS MUCH as they could.

      P.S. Hey Everyone.
      Welcome Back, They would make more money if it was around $5, than it be $10. Does that make sense?

    4. #14
      Quantize's Avatar
        Quantize is offline Initiate Wizard

      • Quantize's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Keira Winter
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  50
        •  World:
        •  Moo Shu
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Queen Sugar
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Posts
      200
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      18
      Thanks (Received)
      174
      Gold
      348.02

      Re: Pricing Model Announcement

      I don't see why people are complaining about 'limited' free to play area. Hey, at least they are nice enough to give us the CHANCE to play a tiny bit for free, rather than charging from level one. I think their main purpose in this was to allow people to try out the game, not to offer a method of free-play for new and experienced users.
      Anything worth fighting for, is worth fighting dirty for.

    5. #15
      LadyNightOwl's Avatar
        LadyNightOwl is offline Grandmaster Wizard

      • LadyNightOwl's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Savannah Spriteflame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  66
        •  World:
        •  Celestia
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Holly (Epic) / Henry (Ancient)
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Pioneer Dragon / Forest Lord
      Status: Coffee Plz
       
      Mood:
      Fine
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Posts
      2,568
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      1569
      Thanks (Received)
      2863
      Gold
      1,509.68
      Blog Entries
      14

      Re: Pricing Model Announcement

      Quote Originally Posted by Quantize View Post
      I don't see why people are complaining about 'limited' free to play area. Hey, at least they are nice enough to give us the CHANCE to play a tiny bit for free, rather than charging from level one. I think their main purpose in this was to allow people to try out the game, not to offer a method of free-play for new and experienced users.
      Because there are other games that offer more on free trials.

      Unfortunately, I have to use ToonTown for comparison again, which I believe you mentioned that you never played. When someone signs up for a free trial they are able to complete all of the tasks for the first neighborhood (of which there are six so far), then it was expanded not too long ago so that they could explore the other neighborhoods and fight cogs in the streets. Each toon also has their own house and estate.

      They do have limitations such as being unable to create more than six toons, enter cog buildings, boss battles, can't use True Friend chat nor are they allowed to garden, use their jellybeans to buy things (like special phrases or clothes, among other things) from the 'cattlelogs', can't buy pets, etc.

      So, there are many other things that can be done to offer a sample, without restricting access to roughly half of the first world.

      I'm certainly not suggesting that they let us play the entire game for nothing. I'm saying that if they aren't going to let players "do" more (which they really shouldn't on a free trial, since it wouldn't be fair to those that are paying), then let them at least "see" more of what they are missing out on if they don't sign up.

    6. #16
      Gregoryn95's Avatar
        Gregoryn95 is offline Initiate Wizard

      • Gregoryn95's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Alejandro Rider
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  9
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Rocky
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Pioneer Dragon
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Posts
      287
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      0
      Thanks (Received)
      5
      Gold
      302.42

      Re: Pricing Model Announcement

      Quote Originally Posted by LadyNightOwl View Post
      Because there are other games that offer more on free trials.

      Unfortunately, I have to use ToonTown for comparison again, which I believe you mentioned that you never played. When someone signs up for a free trial they are able to complete all of the tasks for the first neighborhood (of which there are six so far), then it was expanded not too long ago so that they could explore the other neighborhoods and fight cogs in the streets. Each toon also has their own house and estate.
      They actually RE-implemented that. It was at the very beginning that they let you do that, before they brought it down to only TTC. And then, they actually let you do everything available; True chat, cog buldings, etc etc. Their logic was that 3 days wasn't enough to finish more than the first and second hubs(neighberhoods), but I've heard rumors and stories of people finishing by playing non stop.


      But I must agree. And I will add another example to the mix; WoW.

      WoW has a 7 day free trial with access to everything but chat and a level cap of 20. Recently this was brought down to a trial version of the game with tons of limitations, but still a lot of gameplay. And the game could be utilized in every way minus trading. Potions, foods, quests, items, etc were allowed because Blizzard's Warcraft games were of Cult status, or slightly above. Afterwards they launched into success and sort of limited the trial a bit more.


      My point is, a time cap should be implemented, not a content cap.

    7. #17
        Allan LifeGiver is offline Journeyman Wizard
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Posts
      368
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      24
      Thanks (Received)
      1800
      Gold
      2,240.90

      Re: Pricing Model Announcement

      Quote Originally Posted by Quantize View Post
      I don't see why people are complaining about 'limited' free to play area. Hey, at least they are nice enough to give us the CHANCE to play a tiny bit for free, rather than charging from level one. I think their main purpose in this was to allow people to try out the game, not to offer a method of free-play for new and experienced users.
      Not only what LNO said, but there are also games that I find just as or more enjoyable that are FREE. A lot of them have certain ways of making money, such as having special items that you pay for. I think there are a few games that are worth a subscription. I will also compare W101 to TT, ToonTown's graphics are great and so is the gameplay. The game also takes longer to beat than W101, and I just think it overall is more fun than this. That is just my opinion though..




    8. #18
      Gregoryn95's Avatar
        Gregoryn95 is offline Initiate Wizard

      • Gregoryn95's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Alejandro Rider
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  9
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Rocky
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Pioneer Dragon
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Posts
      287
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      0
      Thanks (Received)
      5
      Gold
      302.42

      Re: Pricing Model Announcement

      Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Ice Wizard View Post
      Not only what LNO said, but there are also games that I find just as or more enjoyable that are FREE. A lot of them have certain ways of making money, such as having special items that you pay for. I think there are a few games that are worth a subscription. I will also compare W101 to TT, ToonTown's graphics are great and so is the gameplay. The game also takes longer to beat than W101, and I just think it overall is more fun than this. That is just my opinion though..
      Oh! Your post reminded me of what I wanted to say. In some other thread or maybe this one, somebody posted a challenge to find a game with good graphics that's free.

      Combat Arms.

      From the company that made maple story. It's not an MMORPG per se, but it's free, good quality, kind of fun, and it comes with a cash shop that you can win money for ingame, so it's 100% free in a way.

    9. #19
      Wizard Nerd's Avatar
        Wizard Nerd is offline Magus Wizard

      • Wizard Nerd's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Cole
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  44
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Maximus
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Minotaur/Ghoul
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Posts
      1,158
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      15
      Thanks (Received)
      491
      Gold
      1.00

      Re: Pricing Model Announcement

      I was thinking when we compare Wizard 101 with Toontown we compare Toontown by current things. Toontown could of been different when it first opened like you can only play for 1 day for example. Wizard 101 hasn't opened they could change it. But who knows

    10. #20
      Super Death Wizard's Avatar
        Super Death Wizard is offline Grandmaster Wizard

      • Super Death Wizard's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Valkoor ShadowHunter
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  120
        •  World:
        •  Mirage
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Shadow
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Pioneer Dragon
      Status: Long, long ago...
       
      Mood:
      Cool
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Posts
      3,094
      PvP Tournaments Won
      2
      Thanks (Given)
      2631
      Thanks (Received)
      2693
      Gold
      64.32
      Blog Entries
      1

      Re: Pricing Model Announcement

      Quote Originally Posted by Wizard Nerd View Post
      I was thinking when we compare Wizard 101 with Toontown we compare Toontown by current things. Toontown could of been different when it first opened like you can only play for 1 day for example. Wizard 101 just opened they could change it. But who knows
      Wizard101 never launched,atleast not yet...

    Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •