----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Animus Oddity?

Is the amount of animus received meant to be constant? Today I've been leveling during the benefit and noticed mostly getting 4 from each street mob I fought. However sometimes I'd get 4 and 6. Also when I was fighting an Avalon boss I only got 2. I'm confused.

Torpzun26 is offline Adept Wizard

• Torpzun26's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Cole Duskhaven
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Animus Oddity?

It depends on your Monstrology rank in relation to the monster's rank. The higher your rank, the more likely you'll get 2 animus (4 with doubling) for hitting a mob. You will get 2 animus this way if your Monstrology rank is at least 6 ranks higher than the monster's rank. You get a an extra animus if your attack defeats the enemy, for a total of 3 possible animus per enemy (barring certain circumstances like Guardian Spirit).
      Last edited by Torpzun26; 6-26-22 at 6:24:55 PM.

bluedreamer is offline Apprentice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Torpzun26 View Post
      It depends on your Monstrology rank in relation to the monster's rank. The higher your rank, the more likely you'll get 2 animus (4 with doubling) for hitting a mob. You will get 2 animus this way if your Monstrology rank is at least 6 ranks higher than the monster's rank. You get a an extra animus if your attack defeats the enemy, for a total of 3 possible animus per enemy (barring certain circumstances like Guardian Spirit).
      So being 6+ ranks higher I can earn more? That's good to know! I best level up more then. Thanks!
      Last edited by bluedreamer; 6-26-22 at 6:55:56 PM.

Caspeen is offline W101C Tournament Master
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Torpzun26 View Post
      Here's what KI has to say about this....

"One Animus will be extracted if a Creature is hit with a Monstrologically-enchanted Spell (if they fit the category of the Enchantment), and an additional Animus can be extracted if they are defeated with a Monstrologically-enchanted Spell. Additionally, if a Wizard's rank in Monstrology exceeds the rank of the target Creature, then there is a chance for a second Animus to be extracted as well. A second Animus is guaranteed if the Wizard's rank is at least 5 above the target Creature's."

Been such a long time that I was not higher rank than the creature I was attacking that I forgot that there might be a "chance" at collecting a second one but only if you were the same rank or higher.

Who knew!

Well, besides Torpzun.

Casp

LookitLight is offline Novice Wizard

Mood:
      Thinking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Caspeen View Post
      Been such a long time that I was not higher rank than the creature I was attacking that I forgot that there might be a "chance" at collecting a second one but only if you were the same rank or higher.

Who knew!

Well, besides Torpzun.

Casp
      Don't forget me! I'm here as well now.

Regardless, what is @bluedreamer's current Monstrology Level? We might have some suggestions on the path of least resistance to levelling up your rank.
      One need only look into the light in order to see the potential that lies within themselves. In every person and every creature there is a chance to share with the world goodness, kindness and hope.

bluedreamer is offline Apprentice Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by LookitLight View Post
      Don't forget me! I'm here as well now.

Regardless, what is @bluedreamer's current Monstrology Level? We might have some suggestions on the path of least resistance to levelling up your rank.
      I was rank 11 facing a rank 11 boss in Avalon but observed the mobs before and after in the day. However I worked late in to the night and am level 21 now!

LookitLight is offline Novice Wizard

Mood:
      Thinking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by bluedreamer View Post
      I was rank 11 facing a rank 11 boss in Avalon but observed the mobs before and after in the day. However I worked late in to the night and am level 21 now!
      Level 21! Nice feat!

If you want to keep advancing, I do have some suggestions:

Level 22: Many creatures in Empyrea and the Wizard City Drains/Catacombs are Rank 16 and should give Monstrology XP. Fight some Dragonspyre Crusaders or another common mob in there and they'll give you what you need.

Level 23: Most creatures of this rank are in Karamelle. The easiest way to get XP is by extracting Animus from Gummies or Gobblers in Gobblerton.

Level 24: This rank mostly involves Lemuria creatures. There should be at least one creature is most major areas of Lemuria that are Rank 18 and give Monstrology XP.

Level 25: Only a few creatures are Rank 19, and they aren't seen outside of the world's dungeons. To advance, I would suggest either the Buddy Bots in Sky City or the Power Borgs in Heap.

Level 26: This is where things get really tricky. Every creature that is Rank 20 is a boss, and most of them aren't extractable. Those that are are usually locked behind tough Dungeons. The one exception is Mander the Barbarian in Mandoria, who is fought alone in an easily repeatable instance. He's your best bet for becoming an Elevated Monstrologist.

Level 27: Achieving this rank is extremely difficult. The only extractable creature that is Rank 21 is Mander the Barbarian in the Hall of Heroes. Given that that's a really time-consuming fight, if you get this rank you are worthy of the highest praise.

Good luck!
      Last edited by LookitLight; 6-27-22 at 1:51:08 PM. Reason: Minor spelling corrections
      One need only look into the light in order to see the potential that lies within themselves. In every person and every creature there is a chance to share with the world goodness, kindness and hope.

Caspeen is offline W101C Tournament Master
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by LookitLight View Post
      Level 26: This is where things get really tricky. Every creature that is Rank 20 is a boss, and most of them aren't extractable. Those that are are usually locked behind tough Dungeons. The one exception is Mander the Barbarian in Mandoria, who is fought alone in an easily repeatable instance. He's your best bet for becoming an Elevated Monstrologist.
      Level 27: Achieving this rank is extremely difficult. The only extractable creature that is Rank 21 is Mander the Barbarian in the Hall of Heroes. Given that that's a really time-consuming fight, if you get this rank you are worthy of the highest praise.
      Good luck!
      Turns out, although the Mander the Barbarian that is in Madoria says he's Rank 20, if you're rank 26 and are looking to level up then extracting his animus get you to Rank 27 and is way, WAY easier than The Mander the Barbarian in the Hall of Heroes.

Since the Mandar in the Hall of Heroes is rank 21, I'm guessing that that MtB in Madoria is also supposed to be rank 21 even though it only says Rank 20.

Good luck!

Casp