• Aggressive
  • Alienated
  • Amazed
  • Amazed2
  • Amused2
  • Angelic
  • Angry2
  • Apelike
  • Artistic
  • Balanced
  • Bashful
  • Blah
  • Bookworm
  • Bored
  • Breezy
  • Brooding
  • Busy
  • Chatty
  • Cheeky
  • Cheerful
  • Cloud 9
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool2
  • Creative
  • Curious
  • Cynical
  • Daring
  • Devilish
  • Disagree
  • Doh
  • Doubtful
  • Drama Queen
  • Dreaming
  • Elated
  • Energetic
  • Fiendish
  • Fine
  • Gloomy
  • Goofy
  • Grumpy2
  • Happy2
  • Hot
  • In Pain
  • Innocent2
  • Insomnious
  • Inspired
  • Lonely
  • Lucky
  • Lurking
  • Mellow
  • Mischievious
  • Monday Blues
  • Musical
  • Nerdy
  • No Mood
  • Not Amused
  • Notworthy
  • Paranoid
  • Pensive
  • Predatory
  • Procrastinating
  • Psychedelic
  • Relaxed
  • Sad2
  • Scared
  • Scurvy
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Sleeping
  • Sleepy
  • Sluggish
  • Sneaky2
  • Snobbish
  • Spooky
  • Sporty
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Sunshine
  • Sweet Tooth
  • Thinking
  • Torn
  • Twisted
  • Vegged Out
  • Volatile
  • Woot
  • Worried
  • Yee Haw
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrg!
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh!
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • At Work
  • Eating
  • Editing
  • Lagging
  • Netflix
  • No Status
  • PC Gaming
  • PS Gaming
  • Raging
  • Sleeping2
  • Steam Gaming
  • Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • Results 1 to 8 of 8
    1. #1
      Pegasus Unbound's Avatar
        Pegasus Unbound is offline Grandmaster Wizard

      • Pegasus Unbound's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Nathaniel
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dragons and MORE Dragons.
      Status: Looking 4 my village
       
      Mood:
      Balanced
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2010
      Posts
      3,048
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      9204
      Thanks (Received)
      5197
      Gold
      1,515.80

      Question Tokens For Opening New Pet Abilities

      I have a ton of tokens, but none of my pets (Either old or new releases) seem to have anyway to make use of these things.

      Can anyone explain what we have to do to make use of them?

      Thanks


    2. #2
      Starbreaker's Avatar
        Starbreaker is offline Legendary Wizard

      • Starbreaker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Gabriel Shadow blade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  25
        •  World:
        •  MarleyBone
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  N/a
      Status: Retired Pirate101 player
       
      Mood:
      Artistic
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Posts
      4,184
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      542
      Thanks (Received)
      2759
      Gold
      4,747.97

      Re: Tokens For Opening New Pet Abilities

      Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Pegasus Unbound View Post
      I have a ton of tokens, but none of my pets (Either old or new releases) seem to have anyway to make use of these things.

      Can anyone explain what we have to do to make use of them?

      Thanks
      Will cast, and retriever talents particularly elemental and spiritual are the talents currently locked until unlocked.

    3. #3
      Pegasus Unbound's Avatar
        Pegasus Unbound is offline Grandmaster Wizard

      • Pegasus Unbound's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Nathaniel
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dragons and MORE Dragons.
      Status: Looking 4 my village
       
      Mood:
      Balanced
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2010
      Posts
      3,048
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      9204
      Thanks (Received)
      5197
      Gold
      1,515.80

      Question Re: Tokens For Opening New Pet Abilities

      Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Starbreaker View Post
      Will cast, and retriever talents particularly elemental and spiritual are the talents currently locked until unlocked.
      OK, but how do we get them in the first place to unlock?


    4. #4
      Caspeen's Avatar
        Caspeen is offline W101C Tournament Master
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Posts
      2,147
      PvP Tournaments Won
      42
      Thanks (Given)
      1298
      Thanks (Received)
      2907
      Gold
      10,559.88

      Re: Tokens For Opening New Pet Abilities

      Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Pegasus Unbound View Post
      OK, but how do we get them in the first place to unlock?
      As @Starbreaker said, Talent tokens are used to unlock Will Cast Talents, like Frozen Kraken which is OP in the Deckathalon, or Adventure talents like Elemental or Spiritual Retriever (mines Spellements from Wooden Chests), Hunter talents (mines TC from Wooden Chests), Finder Talents (supposedly mines elixirs from chests but I've never, ever found any with my Fire Finder pet), Scout Talents (mines reagents from wooden chests), or Seed Talents (mines seeds from wooden chests). Wiki has an entire category of "Locked Talents"
      Once your pet manifests one of these talents - just like any other talent in a pets gene pool - they must be unlocked by tokens. Some talents are pretty easy to unlock - Scout Talents, for example, only require 15 Talent Tokens - while some require quite a few resources, like Elemental or Spiritual Retriever which require 60 Talent Tokens, 30 Elemental or Spiritual Tokens, 10 School Tokens (Fire for Elemental and Myth for Spiritual) and finally tokens specific to just that talent, either 5 Elemental Retriever tokens or 5 Spiritual Retriever tokens.

      There are a few ways to get Tokens - either from training pets or as drops.

      When you train a pet to Ancient, you get one Talent token
      When you train a pet to Epic, you get one Talent token plus either a Spiritual or Elemental token
      When you train a pet to Mega or Ultra you get one Talent token, a Spiritual or Elemental token, plus a school specific token. You'd think that would mean if you train a fire pet to Mega or Ultra that you'd get a Fire token but that's not the case. I believer KI has said that there's a 75% chance to get a the token that matches the school of the pet you are training which means there's 25% chance you can get a token for a different school.

      Tokens that are very specific to a talent - like Elemental or Spiritual Retriever - are only found as drops.

      Given all this, you can see that getting a pet with one of these "locked talents" can take quite a bit of effort. First you have to have a pet that manifests that talent which might take a few hatches, and then when the talent DOES manifest you will need enough tokens to unlock the talent. Fortunately you should only need to unlock a talent once. If you hatch a pet that has a talent unlocked and the baby manifests that talent, it will already be unlocked.

      Hopefully that helps.

      Casp

    5. #5
      Pegasus Unbound's Avatar
        Pegasus Unbound is offline Grandmaster Wizard

      • Pegasus Unbound's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Nathaniel
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dragons and MORE Dragons.
      Status: Looking 4 my village
       
      Mood:
      Balanced
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2010
      Posts
      3,048
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      9204
      Thanks (Received)
      5197
      Gold
      1,515.80

      Question Re: Tokens For Opening New Pet Abilities

      Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Caspeen View Post
      As @Starbreaker said, Talent tokens are used to unlock Will Cast Talents, like Frozen Kraken which is OP in the Deckathalon, or Adventure talents like Elemental or Spiritual Retriever (mines Spellements from Wooden Chests), Hunter talents (mines TC from Wooden Chests), Finder Talents (supposedly mines elixirs from chests but I've never, ever found any with my Fire Finder pet), Scout Talents (mines reagents from wooden chests), or Seed Talents (mines seeds from wooden chests). Wiki has an entire category of "Locked Talents"
      Once your pet manifests one of these talents - just like any other talent in a pets gene pool - they must be unlocked by tokens. Some talents are pretty easy to unlock - Scout Talents, for example, only require 15 Talent Tokens - while some require quite a few resources, like Elemental or Spiritual Retriever which require 60 Talent Tokens, 30 Elemental or Spiritual Tokens, 10 School Tokens (Fire for Elemental and Myth for Spiritual) and finally tokens specific to just that talent, either 5 Elemental Retriever tokens or 5 Spiritual Retriever tokens.

      There are a few ways to get Tokens - either from training pets or as drops.

      When you train a pet to Ancient, you get one Talent token
      When you train a pet to Epic, you get one Talent token plus either a Spiritual or Elemental token
      When you train a pet to Mega or Ultra you get one Talent token, a Spiritual or Elemental token, plus a school specific token. You'd think that would mean if you train a fire pet to Mega or Ultra that you'd get a Fire token but that's not the case. I believer KI has said that there's a 75% chance to get a the token that matches the school of the pet you are training which means there's 25% chance you can get a token for a different school.

      Tokens that are very specific to a talent - like Elemental or Spiritual Retriever - are only found as drops.

      Given all this, you can see that getting a pet with one of these "locked talents" can take quite a bit of effort. First you have to have a pet that manifests that talent which might take a few hatches, and then when the talent DOES manifest you will need enough tokens to unlock the talent. Fortunately you should only need to unlock a talent once. If you hatch a pet that has a talent unlocked and the baby manifests that talent, it will already be unlocked.

      Hopefully that helps.

      Casp

      Ummm, OK? To be honest, you folks have kind of gotten me confused and lost. I really appreciate all the help and information, but let me try to make my question simpler and more specific...

      I know how to get tokens, etc.; as I said I have literally tons (Hundreds of all kinds) stock piled. I understand about the need to unlock the features, etc.

      All I am trying to find out is simply what pets can have this feature? Can any pet get it or are there only certain ones that make use of the feature?


    6. #6
      Sierra SeaSong's Avatar
        Sierra SeaSong is offline Legendary Wizard

      • Sierra SeaSong's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sierra SeaSong
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  100
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Xena
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast
      Status: Um
       
      Mood:
      Bored
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Posts
      5,381
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      1958
      Thanks (Received)
      6852
      Gold
      5,873.26

      Re: Tokens For Opening New Pet Abilities

      Sadly at both mega and ultra, the school token you get varies, fire, ice or storm for elemental pets, myth, life or death for spirit pets. Found this out the hard way trying to get fire tokens by training fire pets. Took me about 20-30 tries to get 10 lol.

      - - - Updated - - -

      Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Pegasus Unbound View Post
      Ummm, OK? To be honest, you folks have kind of gotten me confused and lost. I really appreciate all the help and information, but let me try to make my question simpler and more specific...

      I know how to get tokens, etc.; as I said I have literally tons (Hundreds of all kinds) stock piled. I understand about the need to unlock the features, etc.

      All I am trying to find out is simply what pets can have this feature? Can any pet get it or are there only certain ones that make use of the feature?
      The talents are released on various first generation pets, so you basically have to hatch for them unless you have said pet. The adventure and will cast talents are listed on the wiki in their own categories I believe. That should give you an idea of what you want to go after hatch wise.

      I made all mine from the kiosk.

    7. #7
      Pegasus Unbound's Avatar
        Pegasus Unbound is offline Grandmaster Wizard

      • Pegasus Unbound's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Nathaniel
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dragons and MORE Dragons.
      Status: Looking 4 my village
       
      Mood:
      Balanced
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2010
      Posts
      3,048
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      9204
      Thanks (Received)
      5197
      Gold
      1,515.80

      Cool Re: Tokens For Opening New Pet Abilities

      Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Sierra SeaSong View Post
      Sadly at both mega and ultra, the school token you get varies, fire, ice or storm for elemental pets, myth, life or death for spirit pets. Found this out the hard way trying to get fire tokens by training fire pets. Took me about 20-30 tries to get 10 lol.

      - - - Updated - - -


      The talents are released on various first generation pets, so you basically have to hatch for them unless you have said pet. The adventure and will cast talents are listed on the wiki in their own categories I believe. That should give you an idea of what you want to go after hatch wise.

      I made all mine from the kiosk.
      OK, got it! So unless a first gen, it is luck of the draw.

      thanks, I appreciate the clarification.


    8. #8
      Sierra SeaSong's Avatar
        Sierra SeaSong is offline Legendary Wizard

      • Sierra SeaSong's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sierra SeaSong
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  100
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Xena
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast
      Status: Um
       
      Mood:
      Bored
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Posts
      5,381
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      1958
      Thanks (Received)
      6852
      Gold
      5,873.26

      Re: Tokens For Opening New Pet Abilities

      Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Pegasus Unbound View Post
      OK, got it! So unless a first gen, it is luck of the draw.

      thanks, I appreciate the clarification.
      Yes, they are like any other pet talent, they are not hard to maniifest though.

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •