• PS Gaming
  • Raging
  • Sleeping2
  • Steam Gaming
  • Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • View Poll Results: Do you think, after seeing the thoughts on the main thread, that KI should add Guilds

Voters
    36. You may not vote on this poll
    • Yes

6 16.67%
    • No

15 41.67%
    • Not Sure

9 25.00%
    • I Don't Care

6 16.67%
    Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
        Bailey Jade is offline Promethean Wizard

• Bailey Jade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: A Poll on KI's Decision to Add Guilds

Quote Originally Posted by Flash33 View Post
      I'm not sure as we simply don't know what guilds will look like in this game. Sure there's the potential for people to make groups with the purpose of being toxic to others or insist on doing things with a specific group of people (i.e. only guild members), but those are things they can do already. As for guild exclusive stuff my guess is it'll take a similar approach to World of Warcraft with mostly optional stuff like guild tabards and guild versions of badges (i.e. Savior of the Spiral - Guild Edition: Defeat Malistaire Drake in The Great Spyre while in a guild) but with a Wizard101 flair and restrictions to ty to keep it family-friendly. I would also assume it would still be possible (just more difficult) to do guild-designed content without one but who knows? Right now I'd rather wait and see how it's implemented than automatically assuming it's gonna be bad just because it's something new.
      You have some good points here, and we should wait to see what happens. However, if we do not speak up and express our concerns, then things might go wrong. I am sure that KI has thought of some of these things, but is it not good to express concerns now, in how players feel?

Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets

Flash33 is offline Exalted

• Flash33's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Seth Shadowcloud
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Moon
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Queen Bandit
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fire Serpent

Mood:
      Musical

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey Jade View Post
      You have some good points here, and we should wait to see what happens. However, if we do not speak up and express our concerns, then things might go wrong. I am sure that KI has thought of some of these things, but is it not good to express concerns now, in how players feel?
      There's nothing wrong with expressing concerns so KI can potentially adjust guilds before release, and I won't deny that KI's track record in implementing feedback properly and taking their time with releases isn't the best. I just don't want things to boil down to or devolve into "guilds are bad because it's new/of this very specific issue I have that may or may not be an actual issue at all" if that makes sense.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

There's nothing wrong with expressing concerns so KI can potentially adjust guilds before release, and I won't deny that KI's track record in implementing feedback properly and taking their time with releases isn't the best. I just don't want things to boil down to or devolve into "guilds are bad because it's new/of this very specific issue I have that may or may not be an actual issue at all" if that makes sense.
      I agree with the first part of what your saying here and your right that not all guilds are bad. I just hate to see something new come in that was meant to be helpful, turned out making a bigger mess out of things. Like anything else, it only takes a few bad apples to ruin it for everyone. I just have a strong feeling that there are going to be issues.

Honestly Flash, I hope I am wrong.

Looking for a Hatch

goldendragon18 is offline Master Wizard

• goldendragon18's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Fallon WinterLeaf
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Mr Charlie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ianthine (Ultra)

Mood:
      Curious

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Have you looked at the number of groups/clans are currently listed on this site alone??? 3376..Granted many if not most are no longer active but then, they aren't really disbanded either. These same groups or at least some of them started with the idea of having help questing if nothing else. Some sort of went rogue and I think we saw a lot of that back when the language was really bad in a couple of realms. Not to mention the TAUNTING that was done in the Arenas.

No, we didn't have the options that KI seems to be offering now as for the """sweet rewards""", but do we really want to see that exclusivity raise it's head??? I think that is what is going to happen again. I would hope that KI would step back and take a LONG LOOK at what happened with the Participation Trophies. I was totally resigned to not ever have the Revered because of it. No item for a recipe or pet training should ever be tied to any activity such as PvP, or joining a guild.

I can agree to wait and see, but I won't hesitate to put forward any objections to exclusivity on any level. Many of us have multiple wizards on multiple accounts and This game is supposed to be fun and not governed by Guild status or rank.

Fallon WinterLeaf

edward sky is offline Journeyman Wizard

• edward sky's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Edward sky
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir boots
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Satyr (life pet)

Mood:
      Eating

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I think we're likely blowing it out of proportion lol; It's probably a glorified "social group" with ribbons thing at best.

The only tid-bit they give us is "exclusive" rewards and we're running to fairy tail land with it, that could quite literally just be guild capes for all we know, with 0 stats or meaning beyond showing your "spirit" to said guild.

While I hope for perks like trading, banks, gold sharing things like that would be super cool, I'm really lost at why some players are already saying they'd quit over something not even accessible in a test realm yet. I can assure you of a couple things:

1) Guilds will almost certainly never be required to progress the story line, KI knows they have a huge solo player base that like "higher" difficulty, guilds aren't for them, nor will be required of them, that would just hurt their players, thus their wallet. Not in their best sense, or even dumb sense to even think of doing that. Can they lock some fancy 8 player mount behind a guild quest/dungeon? Sure, but that's your choice then, it's still not something needed to enjoy/complete the game.

2) Any players breaking rules (or groups now) can still be reported and banned, and their guilds likely disbanded, even without an "actual" guild feature, these still exist regardless, so why keep it from the good players that would enjoy/use the feature correctly because of bad apples in a healthy tree? Call me optimistic but I feel there's way more good players than bad for it to be even noticeable. Besides, I'd love to see a re-do of hall monitors, even if that turns into a white knight guild.

3) Guilds aren't about exclusivity, they're about inclusion.. It's to encourage everyone to take part, not feel discouraged to choose not, it's a hard balancing act for sure, but Wizard101 is not the type of game for "controlled area, guild wars." etc, If we get Guild pvp, I'd be shocked, but even that is not anything close to what people are trying to suggest as being manifested as to make them feel "left out."

and realistically, if it's that big of deal, those hardcore enough already likely multi-box and can make a guild for their own characters and socialize with nobody if they wish. But again I doubt it's going anywhere near the ideas being touched. I look forward to banners/emblems next to our names but I have 0 guesses of everything too crazy outside of that.

It's okay to think of all the possibilities, but it hasn't even touched test realm yet, or more than a small announcement, I think we're really jumping the gun here. I'm catching the drift of "exclusive" sounds intimidating, but it's also needs to be taken with an open mind, because that's all they've really announced, exclusive rewards can be anything.
      Last edited by edward sky; 6-19-22 at 3:33:34 PM.

Edward sky/Life/105/
      You're never not on my mind, oh my, oh my.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by edward sky View Post
      I think we're likely blowing it out of proportion lol; It's probably a glorified "social group" with ribbons thing at best.

The only tid-bit they give us is "exclusive" rewards and we're running to fairy tail land with it, that could quite literally just be guild capes for all we know, with 0 stats or meaning beyond showing your "spirit" to said guild.

While I hope for perks like trading, banks, gold sharing things like that would be super cool, I'm really lost at why some players are already saying they'd quit over something not even accessible in a test realm yet. I can assure you of a couple things:

I am only saying this if to continue to move forward in a quest line you must be in a guild.
      1) Guilds will almost certainly never be required to progress the story line, KI knows they have a huge solo player base that like "higher" difficulty, guilds aren't for them, nor will be required of them, that would just hurt their players, thus their wallet. Not in their best sense, or even dumb sense to even think of doing that. Can they lock some fancy 8 player mount behind a guild quest/dungeon? Sure, but that's your choice then, it's still not something needed to enjoy/complete the game.

As long as it does not do this, I am fine, but still with concern.

2) Any players breaking rules (or groups now) can still be reported and banned, and their guilds likely disbanded, even without an "actual" guild feature, these still exist regardless, so why keep it from the good players that would enjoy/use the feature correctly because of bad apples in a healthy tree? Call me optimistic but I feel there's way more good players than bad for it to be even noticeable. Besides, I'd love to see a re-do of hall monitors, even if that turns into a white knight guild.

​We will not know the consequence of breaking the rules until it goes live. I also thought of this after my post, that there are good people out there. I am still very concern for certain players.
      3) Guilds aren't about exclusivity, they're about inclusion.. It's to encourage everyone to take part, not feel discouraged to choose not, it's a hard balancing act for sure, but Wizard101 is not the type of game for "controlled area, guild wars." etc, If we get Guild pvp, I'd be shocked, but even that is not anything close to what people are trying to suggest as being manifested as to make them feel "left out."

Yes and no. I have seen it on both sides.
      and realistically, if it's that big of deal, those hardcore enough already likely multi-box and can make a guild for their own characters and socialize with nobody if they wish. But again I doubt it's going anywhere near the ideas being touched. I look forward to banners/emblems next to our names but I have 0 guesses of everything too crazy outside of that.

I am a triple and quad boxer, but I would not make a guild just
      exclusive for my wizards. That seems to defeat the purpose of it.
      It's okay to think of all the possibilities, but it hasn't even touched test realm yet, or more than a small announcement, I think we're really jumping the gun here. I'm catching the drift of "exclusive" sounds intimidating, but it's also needs to be taken with an open mind, because that's all they've really announced, exclusive rewards can be anything.
      Respond in bold

I can not speak for others, but by far I am not intimidated by guilds. I am just a concern player and really hate to see people get taken advantage by others. For me, it's that simple.

I just saw a comment on another thread, that players are looking for exclusive rights to areas. Will KI allow this, I really hope not, but it does show that they want that exclusivity.
      Last edited by Bailey Jade; 6-19-22 at 4:18:55 PM.

Looking for a Hatch

goldendragon18 is offline Master Wizard

• goldendragon18's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Fallon WinterLeaf
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Mr Charlie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Ianthine (Ultra)

Mood:
      Curious

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by edward sky View Post

I sincerely hope you are right. But at this point, I think putting our concerns up front before it ever goes to TEST, would tell KI that we don't want to have the exclusivity issues smacking us in the face again.

Just like the comment that was made about Guild only Dungeons or players would have the help of guild members if needed. I know from the group I was in here, getting that help was not as simple as it sounds. That is one reason, I started dual boxing and now helping grandson with his as well as starting my 3rd account.

I have been fortunate enough that @Eric Stormbringer did help me out a few times but, he is a friend and has been for many years. I will not abuse that friendship no matter how much I need help with a specific boss or dungeon. I have had a couple that one of my wizards would die and I would flee, heal and port back to which ever wizard I still had in the battle.

I can't always set a specific time frame to do a quest or to even help someone else. Maybe Guilds aren't supposed to be about exclusivity but in all honesty, I think that is one area we are going to have to wait and see.

I do have to agree with @Bailey Jade on all counts. But if we don't voice those concerns, we all know how hard and how long it takes KI to FIX or RECTIFY an issue.

Fallon WinterLeaf

BaronvonWolf is offline Magus Wizard

• BaronvonWolf's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Valkoor wildwalker
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Gizmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Blaze Fox

Mood:
      Procrastinating

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

it just depends on who the main cast is for the guild
      cuz i'll just have my bm guild
      Wolf soulstalker 150 Alex nightshade 147 Valkoor Wild 150 Valkoor Wild ​135 Valkoor Myth 130

AlbusDoumbledore is offline Magus Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Gold

Well it's going to happen regardless, KI has already made up their minds.
      If you have to ask, you’ll never know. If you know, you need only ask.

Pegasus Unbound is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Pegasus Unbound's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Nathaniel
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dragons and MORE Dragons.

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Thumbs up Re: A Poll on KI's Decision to Add Guilds

This entire conversation is EXACTLY why I started the Poll/Thread. The ONLY way to ensure that KI does NOT hear our views is to do/say nothing at all.

I love the direction this is going where we are seeing both sides of the coin, but I am still on the edge leaning to the side of not having them because of the potential danger of abuse and for the "kids".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BaronvonWolf View Post
      it just depends on who the main cast is for the guild
      cuz i'll just have my bm guild
      I really hope you mean Beast Moon and not the other "constipated" meaning of BM (LOL). If you do start a Beast Moon guild, that would probably be the only one I would consider joining, unless some of the other in the Central Family that I love and respect started any.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast