• Steam Gaming
  • Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
        Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer, Lucas LightBright
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

How difficult are bosses going to be in the future?

In Lemuria and in the most recent update, we're seeing bosses use -100% weaknesses and -100% black mantles and all these extreme cheats and yes they're built to be difficult for us players as of now but I feel like we're not addressing a big part of the problem in these difficult fights that we're seeing now, what about the future? What could possibly be more difficult than that without making the fights impossible to do? What will Side Quest/Activity bosses do in the future when it is supposed to be more difficult than what we're seeing now?

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

JaredSpellFrost is offline Legendary Wizard

• JaredSpellFrost's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore

Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Lightbulb Re: How difficult are bosses going to be in the future?

Well until KingsIsle gets this game's power creep and repetitive alpha strike* meta under control, they'll just keep making bosses frustratingly hard to compensate. And TBH, I just don't see Ratbeard and his Devs buckling down to revitalize combat and make it just as fun/strategic as Pirate's combat.

Bosses will just continue to adopt complex mechanics that certainly aren't suited for an E10+ game, and we'll keep burning unreasonable amounts of time slogging through their cheat cycles. IMHO, to address this problem combat itself will need a massive overhaul to help abolish the alpha strike grind. Bosses under that reform could look more like Players in PvP: There's strategy that requires some forethought, but the experience itself is still engaging, challenging and fun!

*Blade->AoE

"Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back." -Cosmos
      . . . with Persistence, Victory is assured.

Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Baby Simon
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Life Wartle

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: How difficult are bosses going to be in the future?

Since there are players who enjoy these difficult battles, it's hard to say that the rest of us are going to be able to keep up. As it is, we need to study strategy videos and guides created by those who are willing to fail until they succeed and record all of the various cheats, etc.

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

Jonathan Greenflame is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Jonathan Greenflame's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jonathan Greenflame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Bubba
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Wintry Elf
      ----

Mood:
      Confused

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Beyond the first couple of arcs, it's certainly not a game for kids anymore. As @Willowdreamer stated, being a casual gamer, I'm not sure if I can keep up anymore. I don't want to have to study like I'm taking a college entrance exam to be able to advance from one world to the next. The game has always had areas that needed a team to complete, Briskbreeze Tower for one, but anymore, it's getting just downright silly the difficulty.

Sierra SeaSong is offline Legendary Wizard

• Sierra SeaSong's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sierra SeaSong
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Xena
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast

Mood:
      Bored

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Based on the final boss i lemuria and the general direction of the game, no very hard at all. Lets face it, PvE has been dumbed down to the point of being mindless. Lemuria was blade, aoe, rinse repeat, even solo.

The gauntlets are an attempt to add challenging content for those who want more, this does not represent bosses getting herder at all. he Bosses you are thinking about in lemuria were all side content not main storyline.

Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer, Lucas LightBright
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra SeaSong View Post
      Based on the final boss i lemuria and the general direction of the game, no very hard at all. Lets face it, PvE has been dumbed down to the point of being mindless. Lemuria was blade, aoe, rinse repeat, even solo.

The gauntlets are an attempt to add challenging content for those who want more, this does not represent bosses getting herder at all. he Bosses you are thinking about in lemuria were all side content not main storyline.
      I mean eventually the side quests difficulty in Lemuria will be the same difficulty for main quests in a future world because each world would have some sort of increased difficulty from the previous world just as a logical progression as the players get somehow stronger. The difficulty of Lemuria side quest (some of them, mainly Crypt of Tales, Command Center to an extent) is fairly high for a casual player who simply wants to complete the world and these quests are optional. But the main quests are mandatory to complete the world to the final boss. If Lemuria side quest bosses difficulty is so high that some casual players cannot complete them, then there could be some possibility that we can say the same for main questline bosses in a future world.

Also what about side quests for that future world? Those side quests are likely to be more difficult than the side quests in Lemuria and the recent boss rematches demonstrates that Ki is already considering cheats that are practically impossible for casual players to feel comfortable fighting (but still desire to complete the world and thus feeling compelled to do every quest), so are those side quests in this future world going to be as difficult as those rematch one-shots? Or are they planning to make them worse? But then that's actually cutting close to impossible... what about the world afterwards? How impossible would those side quests be.

All I'm saying that the difficulty of quests and how close they are to impossible says a lot about how long this game will last. And I'm saying Ki is very close to that line of impossible to the point and that's very troubling to consider.

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Sierra SeaSong is offline Legendary Wizard

• Sierra SeaSong's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sierra SeaSong
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Xena
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast

Mood:
      Bored

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Windwalker View Post
      I mean eventually the side quests difficulty in Lemuria will be the same difficulty for main quests in a future world because each world would have some sort of increased difficulty from the previous world just as a logical progression as the players get somehow stronger. The difficulty of Lemuria side quest (some of them, mainly Crypt of Tales, Command Center to an extent) is fairly high for a casual player who simply wants to complete the world and these quests are optional. But the main quests are mandatory to complete the world to the final boss. If Lemuria side quest bosses difficulty is so high that some casual players cannot complete them, then there could be some possibility that we can say the same for main questline bosses in a future world.

Also what about side quests for that future world? Those side quests are likely to be more difficult than the side quests in Lemuria and the recent boss rematches demonstrates that Ki is already considering cheats that are practically impossible for casual players to feel comfortable fighting (but still desire to complete the world and thus feeling compelled to do every quest), so are those side quests in this future world going to be as difficult as those rematch one-shots? Or are they planning to make them worse? But then that's actually cutting close to impossible... what about the world afterwards? How impossible would those side quests be.

All I'm saying that the difficulty of quests and how close they are to impossible says a lot about how long this game will last. And I'm saying Ki is very close to that line of impossible to the point and that's very troubling to consider.
      Side quests are the only area KI can try to engage players who want more challenge. They have 0 reflection of main story direction.

If you have been here awhile you know PvE has only gotten easier over the years, the few times they tried to up the ante, they wound up severally nerfing the world. They went back and nerfed the fire elves in WC even.

Do you want PvE to become more challenging? I myself would not mind if it did tbh. For the record I did all sides in Lemuria with 2 wizards, none were close to being impossible.
      Last edited by Sierra SeaSong; 5-27-22 at 12:45:31 PM.