• Steam Gaming
  • Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
        Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer, Lucas LightBright
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Is it wise to have a low level?

I'm saying this because right now I'm questing on my Storm to max level and then I'm going to quest a Myth to max level but also that Myth spot is the last spot on this one account and I cannot make another wizard (or rather I have no intention of getting an extra character potion lol) on that account or starting up a new account unless I need to (maybe that will be a different thread in a different day lol).

I'm wondering whether or not its a good idea to have an account full of max level wizards or is it better to keep one wizard purposefully at a "low level" (whatever the level is) because I'm unsure about Ki's plans in the future where there could be exclusive/special things that only a wizard at a lower level can have but is not available for max level wizards. I think there's something about Spellements now that has people wondering about that circumstance. If I were to have an account full of max level wizards, then I won't be able to take advantage of particular opportunities that could help my other max level wizards through the shared bank.

Anyhow what's your take on this? Should I continue going for an account full of max wizards? Or is it wise to keep a wizard at a low level?

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Baby Simon
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Life Wartle

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Is it wise to have a low level?

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Windwalker View Post
      I'm saying this because right now I'm questing on my Storm to max level and then I'm going to quest a Myth to max level but also that Myth spot is the last spot on this one account and I cannot make another wizard (or rather I have no intention of getting an extra character potion lol) on that account or starting up a new account unless I need to (maybe that will be a different thread in a different day lol).

I'm wondering whether or not its a good idea to have an account full of max level wizards or is it better to keep one wizard purposefully at a "low level" (whatever the level is) because I'm unsure about Ki's plans in the future where there could be exclusive/special things that only a wizard at a lower level can have but is not available for max level wizards. I think there's something about Spellements now that has people wondering about that circumstance. If I were to have an account full of max level wizards, then I won't be able to take advantage of particular opportunities that could help my other max level wizards through the shared bank.

Anyhow what's your take on this? Should I continue going for an account full of max wizards? Or is it wise to keep a wizard at a low level?
      I have always thought it was more fun to have wizards of various levels rather than questing them all through the same world at the same time. But that's me.

One reason to have a lower level wizard on an account might be if you have Jewel Tear Plants. At a certain level (I'm not sure exactly where), these jewel plants will stop giving the Energy and Fishing Luck jewels to your wizard at harvest.

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer, Lucas LightBright
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
      I have always thought it was more fun to have wizards of various levels rather than questing them all through the same world at the same time. But that's me.

One reason to have a lower level wizard on an account might be if you have Jewel Tear Plants. At a certain level (I'm not sure exactly where), these jewel plants will stop giving the Energy and Fishing Luck jewels to your wizard at harvest.

I have thought about the story about it too. Like I would never be able to experience the lower level worlds again like help the Mooshu Emperor not die lol or capture Meowiarty in Marleybone ever again since I won't have any ability to go through those quests as a higher level. I wish there was a way to go back in time and do those things without receiving any experience... but then again I imagine that if my Level 150 wiz were to go back to Dragonspyre, I would have no effort wiping the floor on Malistaire's grand plan and that would be terrible for some time-space-continuum kind of stuff or what if I saw my lower level self lol

Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Jonathan Greenflame is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Jonathan Greenflame's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Jonathan Greenflame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Bubba
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Wintry Elf
      ----

Mood:
      Confused

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I've always enjoyed questing the first and second arc worlds and have fun building up a character from the beginning stages. On a secondary account I've recently created a new storm character and have been pleasantly surprised at some of the changes they made to several of the WC quests. All three accounts have at least one high level character that I use to help the wee ones out if they get in a rough spot. My high levels (130+) I'll not get rid of as I've spend too much time and money on them to get them where they are. These new wee ones, are going through the spiral on whatever they can gather or what their big brothers and sisters pass down. Not done in case KI would change things, but mainly that I don't want to go to the bother of putting all the work in. If KI would make things available only to low levels, I wouldn't feel bad about deleting these and beginning again.

So I figure, it's all up to you. How much do you wish to start the game all over again?
      Last edited by Jonathan Greenflame; 5-24-22 at 2:38:21 PM.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Greenflame View Post
      I've always enjoyed questing the first and second arc worlds and have fun building up a character from the beginning stages. On a secondary account I've recently created a new storm character and have been pleasantly surprised at some of the changes they made to several of the WC quests. All three accounts have at least one high level character that I use to help the wee ones out if they get in a rough spot. My high levels (130+) I'll not get rid of as I've spend too much time and money on them to get them where they are. These new wee ones, are going through the spiral on whatever they can gather or what their big brothers and sisters pass down. Not done in case KI would change things, but mainly that I don't want to go to the bother of putting all the work in. If KI would make things available only to low levels, I wouldn't feel bad about deleting these and beginning again.

So I figure, it's all up to you. How much do you wish to start the game all over again?
      From Scratch, lol none. I'm willing to put in the work to quest through a Myth from level 1 but this is partially because I already have most of the "good gear" set up for him already as I've kept it around this entire time. for the most part. I couldn't imagine having nothing to go off of lol

WarWeaver is offline Magus Wizard

• WarWeaver's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Brian SunWeaver
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Smokey
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Incendiary Grimoire

Mood:
      Grumpy2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I find that it's wise in general to have a open character slot. I never permanently fill in the last one because there always seems to be something I can get out of it.

RookieRecurve is offline Master Wizard

• RookieRecurve's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Ian Lionstalker
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Many

Mood:
      Awesome

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Most of my characters between two accounts are low level. I have one wizard at 136, two at 110, and the rest of 65, 50, 20, etc. I used to keep them there for low level PVP, even thought I rarely had time to play them. I like the simplicity of spells, and the unhurried pace of having some of them just hanging around. I know some people like to max all their wizards to get the end-game experience on each of their schools. I will probably eventually max my 136. I will also take a few of my level 30's to level 50 so I can PVP on them again (or at least prep them for PVP). I think it is worth keeping one or two wizards in the lower levels. The biggest downside is the lack of the plant-all spell. Other than that, I really enjoy them at the lower levels.