•  Armadillo

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Weekly Fishing tournament

This last week's tourney fish was a Black Squidow Whopper. I placed 3rd in the contest. I thought that since the arena tickets were discontinued that maybe we would get some blue arena tickets. But today, Monday, I was given 250 gold for my fish. That's all. If there is not going to be any prizes awarded to the winners, then why not just discontinue the tournament. I don't think too many people will continue or even join in the challenge. I really enjoyed trying to get the big one (or little one) each week. Using fishing elixirs and energy vials was sometimes the only way to compete. Winning arena tickets was worth the effort, if only to buy that accuracy jewel you want. I'm not a PvP guy much. So, fishing the tournaments got me the tickets I could use to buy jewels and furniture items at the arena. I have 5 wizards that fish a lot. Each had over 2000 arena tickets and lost them all. All my efforts for a very long time were wiped away in a day. But I tried the next tourney anyway. Thinking that maybe I could get some of the new tickets. But I guess not. I'll keep fishing. It keeps me in the gold I need to buy stuff in the Bazaar and crown shop. I hope they do something more for the fishing tournament and the daily assignments in the future. Still a great game and lots of fun and challenges.

Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Baby Simon
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Life Wartle

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Weekly Fishing tournament

Quote Originally Posted by TomP View Post
      This last week's tourney fish was a Black Squidow Whopper. I placed 3rd in the contest. I thought that since the arena tickets were discontinued that maybe we would get some blue arena tickets. But today, Monday, I was given 250 gold for my fish. That's all. If there is not going to be any prizes awarded to the winners, then why not just discontinue the tournament. I don't think too many people will continue or even join in the challenge. I really enjoyed trying to get the big one (or little one) each week. Using fishing elixirs and energy vials was sometimes the only way to compete. Winning arena tickets was worth the effort, if only to buy that accuracy jewel you want. I'm not a PvP guy much. So, fishing the tournaments got me the tickets I could use to buy jewels and furniture items at the arena. I have 5 wizards that fish a lot. Each had over 2000 arena tickets and lost them all. All my efforts for a very long time were wiped away in a day. But I tried the next tourney anyway. Thinking that maybe I could get some of the new tickets. But I guess not. I'll keep fishing. It keeps me in the gold I need to buy stuff in the Bazaar and crown shop. I hope they do something more for the fishing tournament and the daily assignments in the future. Still a great game and lots of fun and challenges.
      How disappointing. I hope the top prize wasn't just more Gold, but it probably was.

Did I miss a Developer's Diary or somewhere else that they discussed why non-PvP players have been absolutely cut out of receiving any blue tickets whatsoever?

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

Dylan Windwalker is online now Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer, Lucas LightBright
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I do think there's going to be a fishing update at some point. There's no way in the game currently to receive fishing gear right now and that cannot be right so if Ki is to sustain revenue from the fishing activity, Ki will need to make some sort of content that will involve or allow players to get Fishing Gear (though I'm afraid and sort of expecting that this will come in the form of gambling through packs, which has been a common and pathetic trend). I would like to say that whenever this update will happen, Ki will take a look on the activity of fishing itself and that's when they will realize/update the rewards for tournaments and whatnot.

Sadly, Ki has this mentality of doing updates in big bunches rather than fixing quick problems like these (simply adding Blue Arena Tickets to rewards) each three months or so rather than smaller/quicker patches and thus players will have to wait an extensive time to see IF their personal problems can be addressed, even then its no guarantee because if the money interests is not there then it will not happen (saying that very hesitantly since their models for increasing revenue is completely illogical). I'm afraid there will not be a solution to this problem or any problem regarding fishing for a long time

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

TomP is offline Apprentice Wizard

• TomP's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Thomas Boomcatcher
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Belle
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Armadillo

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Windwalker View Post
      I do think there's going to be a fishing update at some point. There's no way in the game currently to receive fishing gear right now and that cannot be right so if Ki is to sustain revenue from the fishing activity, Ki will need to make some sort of content that will involve or allow players to get Fishing Gear (though I'm afraid and sort of expecting that this will come in the form of gambling through packs, which has been a common and pathetic trend). I would like to say that whenever this update will happen, Ki will take a look on the activity of fishing itself and that's when they will realize/update the rewards for tournaments and whatnot.

Sadly, Ki has this mentality of doing updates in big bunches rather than fixing quick problems like these (simply adding Blue Arena Tickets to rewards) each three months or so rather than smaller/quicker patches and thus players will have to wait an extensive time to see IF their personal problems can be addressed, even then its no guarantee because if the money interests is not there then it will not happen (saying that very hesitantly since their models for increasing revenue is completely illogical). I'm afraid there will not be a solution to this problem or any problem regarding fishing for a long time
      Thank you for the posts. It seems to me that they were able to make the fishing changes in the Sky City houses pretty quickly. And also, the Aero villages. I think if I owned one of these castles I would have been very upset. Getting a lot of those elite jelly fish and making pet snacks really made pet training better. Well, we will see what happens. Thanks again. Good Luck and Good Fishing!!!!