Shy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

"Loyalty Store" -- feedback?

@Kyle IceWielder posted this on one of the social media sites:

"Alright, Wizards, I wanna know your thoughts on the Loyalty Store?! 

What do you like about it? What needs adjusting? All feedback is good feedback! But remember... constructive criticism! Thanks, guys! 邏"

For those who do not have access to the other sites, you can post your feedback on this Central Forum thread.
      AluraMist

@Sparck @Eric Stormbringer -- fyi.
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Last edited by AluraMist; 5-9-22 at 1:40:08 PM. Reason: Typo.
      Dare to catch your best dreams and live them with eyes wide open. Sweet dreams always.
      The DreamCatcher.

Pegasus Unbound is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Pegasus Unbound's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Nathaniel
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dragons and MORE Dragons.

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Thumbs down Re: "Loyalty Store" -- feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by AluraMist View Post
      @Kyle IceWielder posted this on one of the social media sites:

"Alright, Wizards, I wanna know your thoughts on the Loyalty Store?! 

What do you like about it? What needs adjusting? All feedback is good feedback! But remember... constructive criticism! Thanks, guys! 邏"

For those who do not have access to the other sites, you can post your feedback on this Central Forum thread?
      AluraMist

@Sparck @Eric Stormbringer -- fyi.
      I'm sorry to say this, but it is a "smoke and mirror" attempt to placate the vast majority of unhappy long term players with cheap, not worth having trinkets.

Guys, if you really want to reward our loyalty do something meaningful; starting with fixing the bugs that have been reported for years upon years. Stop ignoring the people who have been there from day one and listen to them. Many of us have been part of the game BEFORE most of the KI team...especially the Devs and they REALLY deserve the respect to not only be heard but to have their concerns dealt with and responded to.

The most current update is an example. So many bugs and concerns have been reported by the loyal players and YET to this very day 99% of those bugs have been ignored and the silence from KI surrounding them has been deafening.

You want us to continue to be loyal? Then respect us AS loyal and stop ignoring our wishes and concerns instead of blatantly ignoring us and instead offering trinkets.

Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer, Lucas LightBright
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: "Loyalty Store" -- feedback?

Things I like: You can pick multiple of the same option (so you can get multiple of the same hat if you wanted). It's fairly simple to use. It does what it says (no bugs that I'm aware of).

Things I don't like: I think there should be an option for crowns players like "x amount of crowns" spent, so player's who have just ended their memberships prior to the update or players who use simply use crowns as a means of purchasing areas can show their loyalty to the game. Also I think the Djinn should have their own shop either in the Shopping District or one of the houses in the Commons, having him just stand around outside seems kinda sad

Things I think I would add in the next update: That shop I mentioned. I would also make it possible to increase Loyalty amounts through difficult to obtain badges (perhaps one per the end of each story) because perhaps an increase of four or so Loyalty may be too slow for players and the value of those items may decrease as Ki releases more content.

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Bailey Jade is offline Promethean Wizard

• Bailey Jade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I like the concept of loyalty rewards, but for me in most business you become a loyal member if you have been buying products from a company for many years without dropping the subscription.

This is nice for those who are new and just starting off. But you have those who have been loyal for many years. Most of the items we been getting in events, so there is nothing really special for long time members.

Something simple like a badge saying 5 year loyal member or 10 year loyal member. With that one very special item, it can be a 10 year mount, a 5 year pet. Things like that would be very special.

Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets

ScarletNightstalker is offline Master Wizard

• ScarletNightstalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  AUTUMN LEAF
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  DragonSpyre
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Doodle
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookabura

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey Jade View Post
      I like the concept of loyalty rewards, but for me in most business you become a loyal member if you have been buying products from a company for many years without dropping the subscription.

This is nice for those who are new and just starting off. But you have those who have been loyal for many years. Most of the items we been getting in events, so there is nothing really special for long time members.

Something simple like a badge saying 5 year loyal member or 10 year loyal member. With that one very special item, it can be a 10 year mount, a 5 year pet. Things like that would be very special.
      I am back after having been gone several years (again)
      I do not understand how this works, I am playing on a new account and have bought several dozen packs but it does not seem to affect my points
      Could someone please explain how you accrue them, thanks
      Sig & Avi By
      Autumn Leaf

Pegasus Unbound is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Pegasus Unbound's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Nathaniel
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dragons and MORE Dragons.

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletNightstalker View Post
      I do not understand how this works, I am playing on a new account and have bought several dozen packs but it does not seem to affect my points
      It isn't about buying packs or anything like this. The idea is that each week you get some points to "thank" you for staying with the game and you can exchange them for various items. It is that simple, the problem is that it does not recognize players who have been there in the past for ages; rather it starts with the now and here and completely disregards the existing long term players.

As an example, I have been playing since just after coming out of Beta AND through all that time I have been playing through automatically paid annual renewals...so what do I get for that investment in time, love and money? It is even more so a problem for those who do not have memberships (And the benefits that come with it) and have had to work harder to stay in the game and advance...again they have no special reward for all that effort of the past.

On top of this disregard, the rewards the offer really are not anything special or memorable to be proud of or memorable...as I said in my earlier post, the seem like little more than trinkets designed to placate and angry mob.

The idea of rewarding Loyalty is a great one, but what you do with that idea is the key. I must agree with @Bailey Jade...

- - - Updated - - -

The concept of being rewarded for be loyal should be something you can show with pride and @Bailey Jade has offered what I consider to be a perfect example of what could have or SHOULD have been done. Badges to recognize the first few years (Say 1-4), then a special pet collection that can not be bought or hatched for a few years after (Say 5-9) and once you hit 10 years a very special and unique mount to ride and display in pride.

I also think that the current concept may be fine for a basic daily reward thing but if you are going to do the entire genie thing, yeah, give him/her its own shop to give it a feeling of permanence; this in turn will help to encourage newer players to stick with the game (Despite the Devs) to get fun little things until they earn the more rewarding and memorable items.

I wonder if the "powers that be" are paying attention to our observations...what about it guys:

@Arthur Wethersfield, @Eric Stormbringer, @KingsIsle Alerts, @Sparck, @Vanessa Mythdust and @Kyle IceWielder any support, comments, suggestions, input; or will it be just more silence? I m not trying to be rude to any of you but the lack or respect and communication has been exceedingly lacking lately and now that a potentially good idea has come up this is a big opportunity for KI to take something and really make it have value.
      Last edited by Pegasus Unbound; 5-9-22 at 5:04:11 PM.

Bailey Jade is offline Promethean Wizard

• Bailey Jade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletNightstalker View Post
      You go to the guy in the shopping district. You get 4 tokens every month and your allowed to have to 12 tokens. You can buy stuff with the tokens from that same guy

Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets

edward sky is offline Journeyman Wizard

• edward sky's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Edward sky
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir boots
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Satyr (life pet)

Mood:
      Eating

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

It's a start! Add perks for longer term subscribers (exclusives and unlockable based on tiers) and you'll be winning us over more so. And yes, consistent crown buyers should always be included too.

But tossing a pack saying here thx for paying us every month can be ill taste; Specially because its a "RNG" item and we can legit just get useless rewards like reagents from it, make it have a guaranteed Rare+ or something Has to seem a bit more "WOW thanks!"

I like the concept, it's just it came in waaay too late in the games lifetime to reap the same good reaction it could have had in the beginning.

Edward sky/Life/105/
      You're never not on my mind, oh my, oh my.

Willowdreamer is online now W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Baby Simon
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Life Wartle

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I agree with @Dylan Windwalker that it would be nicer if the genie could have been placed inside, as an actual store. (I totally think the same thing about Lloyd Fallingwater, too -- he belongs in the Housing/Furniture store.) Leaving NPC's hanging out on the corner makes it feel much more like they are temporary NPCs, like the holiday vendors.

As other have also mentioned, those of us who have YEARS of loyalty under our belts are starting at square one with everyone else. This feels like it wasn't really thought up as a long-term customers reward system, but another shoehorn side system WE need to keep track of. I would rather have seen Kingsisle diving deep into the data and identifying us correctly. You should KNOW who has been playing faithfully since Beta, you should KNOW who has been playing for 10 years, or 5 years, or 3 years, etc., and as @Bailey Jade suggested -- create those badges for us to use our tokens for. Create special 5 year and 10 year wallpapers, welcome mats, and such. Bring back the 5 and 10 years rewards from long ago.

Hats, packs and mounts we have plenty, whosits and whatsits galore -- thingamabobs? I've got 20. Unique items are what long-term loyal players are looking for. Recognition items and something special to work towards would give the newer players these same goals to look forward to as they quest and collect and participate.

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

1234 is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• 1234's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  TaraWillowBreeze(L)KeiraSilverStone(I)FionaDragonFlame(F)SabrinaShadowCaster(D)Samantha(B)Sierra(S)
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Polaris
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dryad

Mood:
      Angelic

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

You go to the guy in the shopping district. You get 4 tokens every month and your allowed to have to 12 tokens. You can buy stuff with the tokens from that same guy
      I thought this was just for subscribers, so I've been completely ignoring Majid, but apparently my free accounts have been accruing points. So is this automatic, or is it based on how often you log in?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast