•  Dragons and MORE Dragons.

Mood:
      Sad2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Unhappy My Deepest apologies to my Central Family and Friends

It has been an incredible ride for over a decade since W101 went from Beta to live. It was shortly after that time that @Jester and @Olivia created Central that has brought so many people together to share our love of the game. Between W101 and Central, this very old man was able to reduce the stress and pressure of life as a mentally/physically disabled person was able to reduce my medications by 50%...that's 50%! As I write this I am proud to say I only take 23 pills every day; it is amazing to think how much and vital a game can be to those in serious need of a "safe escape" from reality.

Although my profile shows I joined Central in 10/2010, I was a lurker long before that...almost from the beginning. As far as W101 the game, I joined almost immediately after Beta...and my memories of those early days in the game and here at Central became some of my most cherished.

Until recently I have always tried to be patient and understanding, trying to look at the brighter side of things; but in the last few months and especially after this last update I have found that I have been pushed too far. My father had a saying that he was "95% teddy bear and 5% grizzly bear" and I have always felt that applied to me as well. Until recently 99% of the time I have been the teddy bear.

Over the last couple months since the new company took over KI (I wont even say the companies name) the problems of the past have not only been ignored but it seems that they actually wanted to escalate the issues empowering the Devs' that caused them in the first place. Update after update the bugs grew and grew and instead of fixing them, they turned their attention to new ways to make things worse and place a focus on promoting the PvP community over the PvE community and placing more focuse on creating junk things/packs to buy with Crowns that they wont even have sales for so we can afford them.

This last update did it and I have to admit I feel like I am 80% grizzly and only 20% teddy bear and this causes me more emotional trauma and as a result physical and mental trauma than I want to admit.

In my current posts, I do not on any level intend to be rude...especially to my beloved Central Family; so I ask your forgiveness if my posts are becoming negative. It is just that I love what W101 USED to be and was for so many years...but I am afraid that we are WAY to close to seeing the end of something we all loved and cherished so much.

So again, I apologize but sometimes even the "best of us" can be pushed to our limits.

I love you all,

Pegasus Unbound aka Nate or Nathaniel aka Van
      Last edited by Willowdreamer; 5-6-22 at 7:53:59 AM. Reason: removed comment about past moderation

Bailey Jade is offline Promethean Wizard

• Bailey Jade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: My Deepest apologies to my Central Family and Friends

Hey,

I so understand in how you feel. I am right there with you and it was not too long ago, I sent a pm to someone at KI expressing how sorry I am if I have been too critical. I had also explain in how much this game means to me.

Here is the thing, I been wanting to say this for some time now, and you just gave me a chance. Central is suppose to be a fan site, but in recent times, I am not seeing it that way, but more a place of many people complaining, this is including myself. Then I started to think, how would I feel if I go to a fan site and all I am seeing is people complaining. My thought was not good. @Sparck said on KI live that they want feedback, and we gave it and they did fix something at least. I am sure that more will be coming.

So, just thinking on everything, I like to make a proposal. Instead of seeing a new world or anything new, how about central community puts together a list of things that they would like to see fix first vs anything new? I know that there are things out there already, but just put everything under one list, one post. See if we can get other platforms on the same page. I would think if they see a majority of their player base wanting the same thing, then we might see changes. Keep in mind, that they add these sides in to keep us busy between worlds. Because how many times do you hear about people getting bored cause they get everything done and they go play another game, and then once a new world comes out they get that done, get the best gear and they are done and bored again. LOL

Anyhow, it's all good. I know I have been there and I know there have been others, there as well.
      Last edited by Bailey Jade; 5-5-22 at 7:21:46 PM.

Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets

Lightdragon is offline Legendary Wizard

• Lightdragon's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Liam RavenShade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  too many
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  artic fox

Mood:
      Artistic

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

the way you are with the current updates I was like when I first came in here in 11/2011 although i first started to play in 4/2011. At the time of when Eggbert is in the spirial. So you can say I have been playing the game for 11 Eggberts. Some people thought i was just nasty bitter and rude.

One of the main issues I had was with menu chat. that was one of the reasons for YEARS I would never recommend the game because I felt they would eventually make it better. I was debating on to play pirate101 as it was supposed to be for a more older audience. And I figured it would require players to be 13 and over. When i found out it targeted the same age range and of course was menu chat. I refused to play it. Still do but now it is due to time. Since they updated menu chat a few years ago I started to recommend the game. They still need to improve it but it is a far cry than before. As now you can communicate with them more properly .

So almost everything is minor in comparison. I am still waiting for them to update the Diego pvp tutorial quest due to the new Pvp kiosks. Am i upset? No. annoyed? A little. But there was so many bugs in the update it wasn't funny. They really need to run the test realm into weekends again. Even if there is no one there in the office to read the bug reports. and add fixes like they do live updates.
      Do NOT meddle in the affairs of Dragons. for you are crunchy and good with ketchup

AluraMist is offline Wiki Master

Mood:
      Shy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

@Pegasus Unbound and @Bailey Jade -- I understand what both of you are saying. I agree that Central is a "fansite" and it should be a "funsite". Last July, I tried to steer some of the complaints and tried to turn them into "constructive criticisms and suggestions" for KI. I started this thread at that time. Hopefully, Central members can make use of that platform, in a positive, constructive way.

Constructive criticism and/or suggestions for KingsIsle

AluraMist
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Dare to catch your best dreams and live them with eyes wide open. Sweet dreams always.
      The DreamCatcher.

Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer, Lucas LightBright
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I also find it troubling when I'm getting frustrated with everything about something I enjoy and am supposed to be enjoying. 90% of why I play the game is because it's entertaining enough to keep me occupied away from the troubles in nearly every facet of real life, which there is plenty to be furious about but when the game falls into that bubble too, I have nowhere really to go and that's a dark place to be. I wish it never really ended up in that situation but in reality every day it seems as though W101 is getting to that level and the worst part about it is that for the most part, it really is out of the player's controls. It's difficult to push that aside to just enjoy the game anymore but Idk I just keep rolling with the punches the best I can

Anyhow, I've definitely made threads a lot more often about "what Ki should do" or "what about this that they forgot" or "here's my idea" or something like that because I feel like I can allow players to open up about their troubles and help each other cope, find safe ground, with the fire tornado hurricane that happens in the Ki Headquarters. I want members to share their ideas, branch off of others, and stuff like that. I've never seen complaining as a wrong thing to do because it's really just expressing forwardly your thoughts on what's wrong with a little more emotion and anybody should be able to do that when they feel that way, here is a judgement free zone where you can voice your thoughts and still receive the respect you deserve. I do wish to make more threads though about other topics that are more fun and engaging that doesn't have to do with Ki but I have to check lol I feel like I'm making threads about topics I've made already haha

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Bailey Jade is offline Promethean Wizard

• Bailey Jade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by AluraMist View Post
      @Pegasus Unbound and @Bailey Jade -- I understand what both of you are saying. I agree that Central is a "fansite" and it should be a "funsite". Last July, I tried to steer some of the complaints and tried to turn them into "constructive criticisms and suggestions" for KI. I started this thread at that time. Hopefully, Central members can make use of that platform, in a positive, constructive way.

Constructive criticism and/or suggestions for KingsIsle

AluraMist
      You know Alura, I totally forgotten you had made that thread.

Perhaps, when new stuff comes out and you make a post about it, add this to your post to help us remember.
      Last edited by Bailey Jade; 5-5-22 at 8:34:06 PM.

Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets

SeptenaryRavens is offline Master Wizard

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Windwalker View Post
      I've never seen complaining as a wrong thing to do because it's really just expressing forwardly your thoughts on what's wrong with a little more emotion and anybody should be able to do that when they feel that way, here is a judgement free zone where you can voice your thoughts and still receive the respect you deserve.
      You hit the nail on the head Dylan. A lot of my responses on these threads, especially in the last few years have been impulsive. Mainly to share my likes and distastes about updates in that very moment. I'm still here, you're still here, we're still here. I think that speaks to how we're able to cope and adapt to these changes and updates. It's usually the first few weeks (some updates have taken longer) that are the hardest to grasp onto, but soon enough we're able to get used to them. I have noticed though that the audience here on Central has gotten smaller through its existence, and KI has moved to prioritize feedback on social media sites over fansites. That doesn't mean our voices are any less significant; I am grateful that Sparck, Arthur, and Eric still engage with the community on this site. But I do have a feeling that the feedback given on other sites do have greater weight and impact on the game than here on Central, and I am adapting to that reality by sharing my opinions elsewhere too.

AstralFrost is offline Apprentice Wizard

• AstralFrost's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Matthew Redstaff, Rogan Owlfist, Karic Sprite
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Moon
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Doodle
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Armored Skeleton

Mood:
      Secret

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

The simple fact for me is that the game doesn't give me the "warm and fuzzy" feeling anymore. Years ago I could log on and be on the game for hours on end, talking to people, questing, doing game activities and just hanging out! Now I don't even feel any nostalgia!

But I gotta say, about right when the pandemic hit, I don't get the same feeling anymore. I can hardly stay on for 10 minutes because I simply find it hard to enjoy the game anymore. In my case, I think that is driving me to feel this way is the lack of a solid player base and updates that do not foster growth.

Since the update, I have been on a few times and have seen only 1 team using the social kiosk. The simple fact is that players aren't very interconnected anymore unless its over that one chat site we all know but can't say the name of on here...

And of course it's hard to ignore the predatory marketing that we see on a daily basis.

So yeah, I don't know I'm just sorta rambling but I know that there is more to this issue.

While this is probably me just done with the game at this point, I think that if the game had been driven in a different direction a few years ago, I would have still been a loyal player today.

I think that for many of us Wizard101 simply "doesn't do it for us anymore" if that makes any sense...

Hopefully more central folk can chime in!
      AstralFrost
      Keep The Spiral FROSTY

Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Time marches on. Changes happen all around us. I'm not the same person I was 13 years ago when I started playing and Kingsisle is not the same company that created the game and the magic I fell in love with. If it wasn't for Toontown -- which doesn't exist any more -- I wouldn't be sitting here, because that was what first drew me to online mmorpg before my daughter found Wizard101.

That's the thought I come back to when I find changes to the game irksome or irritating -- at least it's still here. The changes may not be to my liking, but if overall these changes are keeping the servers up and running, well, let's give them a chance. I will certainly give them my opinions and feedback on behalf of players like me. It doesn't seem like they're listening to players like me, but then they have inspired ideas that I would never have thought of, and I'm impressed again and playing again.

There is so much of the game that I am not doing (PvP, Beastmoon, Deckathalons, Derby), that I am not good at (Decorating, Castle Magic), but in the end, I still find value in the parts of the game that I enjoy. I love the stories, the artwork, and the community. I am hoping that time will continue to march on in the Spiral.

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

edward sky is offline Journeyman Wizard

• edward sky's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Edward sky
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir boots
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Satyr (life pet)

Mood:
      Eating

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Hugs; Someone has to put their foot down sometimes, cause some of us are definitely on the passive side more often.

I appreciate your voice as always, so don't lose your light.

Edward sky/Life/102/
      You're never not on my mind, oh my, oh my.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast