• Aggressive
  • Alienated
  • Amazed
  • Amazed2
  • Amused2
  • Angelic
  • Angry2
  • Apelike
  • Artistic
  • Balanced
  • Bashful
  • Blah
  • Bookworm
  • Bored
  • Breezy
  • Brooding
  • Busy
  • Chatty
  • Cheeky
  • Cheerful
  • Cloud 9
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool2
  • Creative
  • Curious
  • Cynical
  • Daring
  • Devilish
  • Disagree
  • Doh
  • Doubtful
  • Drama Queen
  • Dreaming
  • Elated
  • Energetic
  • Fiendish
  • Fine
  • Gloomy
  • Goofy
  • Grumpy2
  • Happy2
  • Hot
  • In Pain
  • Innocent2
  • Insomnious
  • Inspired
  • Lonely
  • Lucky
  • Lurking
  • Mellow
  • Mischievious
  • Monday Blues
  • Musical
  • Nerdy
  • No Mood
  • Not Amused
  • Notworthy
  • Paranoid
  • Pensive
  • Predatory
  • Procrastinating
  • Psychedelic
  • Relaxed
  • Sad2
  • Scared
  • Scurvy
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Sleeping
  • Sleepy
  • Sluggish
  • Sneaky2
  • Snobbish
  • Spooky
  • Sporty
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Sunshine
  • Sweet Tooth
  • Thinking
  • Torn
  • Twisted
  • Vegged Out
  • Volatile
  • Woot
  • Worried
  • Yee Haw
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrg!
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh!
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • At Work
  • Eating
  • Editing
  • Lagging
  • Netflix
  • No Status
  • PC Gaming
  • PS Gaming
  • Raging
  • Sleeping2
  • Steam Gaming
  • Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Results 1 to 10 of 32
    1. #1
      AluraMist's Avatar
        AluraMist is online now Wiki Master
      Status: Catching dreams ...
       
      Mood:
      Shy
       
      Join Date
      Nov 2009
      Posts
      7,069
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      17190
      Thanks (Received)
      14652
      Gold
      618.50

      Game Patch for Jan. 19, 2022.

      From the Wizard101 social media site:

      This morning's game patch resolves several adventuring issues for both PvE and PvP, including quest blockers in Wizard City, Krokotopia, and Marleybone!

      Check out all the details in the patch notes: https://www.wizard101.com/game/commu...er2021#patches

      @Sparck @Eric Stormbringer -- fyi.

      January 19, 2022

      A new game patch has arrived! We fixed several adventuring and questing issues for both PvE and PvP, check it out:

      Adventuring

      *Fixed several quest blockers in early game (Wizard City, Krokotopia, Marleybone)
      *Fixed several interior Lemuria quests so that completed quests lights display correctly
      *Players should now receive the Bookworm badge for completing The Lore You Know and Trip to the Library quests
      *Players should now be able to complete the Gotta See Gretta quest to achieve the related badges
      *Ursai Village now has Health wisps and should apply passive healing

      Combat & Animations

      *Fixed an issue with Old One’s Endgame displaying mismatched hanging effects
      *Fixed an “infinite loop” bug with Sugarr
      *Fixed a bug in the combat cheats for Mandrake the Maligician

      Monstrology

      *Many Lemuria mobs are now ready for essence extraction

      PvP

      *Fixed a bug with the match timer related to disconnects during a match; the timer should now pause during the disconnect and resume when you reconnect.
      *Oni’s Projection now correctly respects Dispel and other charm hanging effects.
      *Some Jinn and Oni card art has been updated to disambiguate them from pre-existing spells
      *Macabre Jinn and Doom Oni updated to apply “steal health” effects (cinematics updated to match).
      *Duststorm Jinn updated to apply a “triple hit” of Storm, Fire, and Ice (cinematics updated to match)

      In our continued efforts to encourage a fun, fair, and friendly competitive environment, accounts that have an active mute status will not be able to queue in PvP.

      Graphics & UI

      *Fixed display issues with “translucent” card art on the new PvP Jinn and Oni spells
      *Fixed display issues on Mandoria and Badlands doodle maps related to mob icons
      *Fixed various display issues with the Shadoe CCG gear
      *Fixed various display and item placement issues with housing

      Last edited by AluraMist; 1-19-22 at 11:59:04 AM. Reason: Patch Notes were corrected.
      Dare to catch your best dreams and live them with eyes wide open. Sweet dreams always.
      The DreamCatcher.

    2. #2
      JaredSpellFrost's Avatar
        JaredSpellFrost is offline Legendary Wizard

      • JaredSpellFrost's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore
      Status: Frosty
       
      Mood:
      Cold
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2017
      Posts
      3,552
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      4420
      Thanks (Received)
      6225
      Gold
      7,278.00

      Thumbs down Re: Game Patch for Jan. 19, 2022.

      Quote Originally Posted by AluraMist View Post
      In our continued efforts to encourage a fun, fair, and friendly competitive environment, accounts that have an active mute status will not be able to queue in PvP.
      I have to say, this is a pretty terrible and counterintuitive game patch. Players who have been muted have already received punishment for their actions, it feels unjust to make their punishment (Which is oftentimes unfairly given) even worse. Not to mention how muted Players are unable to spread toxicity in PvP seeing how they're muted!!

      KingsIsle should instead focus on solutions, like a quest teaching Players about internet etiquette/safety. Seeing how Wizard101 will be many young children's first experience with online, multiplayer environments there's quite the lack of such introductory content!


      Last edited by JaredSpellFrost; 1-24-22 at 4:21:41 PM.

      "Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back." -Cosmos
      “. . . with Persistence, Victory is assured.”




    3. #3
      Tanner Hex's Avatar
        Tanner Hex is offline Journeyman Wizard

      • Tanner Hex's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Tanner Hex
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  75
        •  World:
        •  Zafaria
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Rex
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Onyx Shenlong Dragon
      ----
       
      Mood:
      Mellow
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      Posts
      542
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      747
      Thanks (Received)
      764
      Gold
      252.30

      Re: Game Patch for Jan. 19, 2022.

      I agree with Jared. I've never been muted, and admittedly I don't PvP outside of Beastmoon, but banning muted players from queuing from PvP seems unnecessarily harsh. A mute is restrictive enough and prevents further offenses. The only thing I could thing of is that the extremely harsh penalty serves as a deterrent... but if the threat of getting muted didn't deter someone already I'm not sure if this will either.

      I'm wondering if this applies to the Beastmoon events as well? I've been queued with a couple players who were muted but otherwise were able to communicate and play effectively. Considering how long it takes to tier up beastforms it would be a shame if these people were barred from the event for however long their mute lasts.

      Edit: A bit of a late update but it does look like muted players are still able to queue for Beastmoon so that's nice at least. Ratbeard stated the ban shouldn't affect queuing for Beastmoon, and I have been in matches with a few muted players since the hotfix.
      Last edited by Tanner Hex; 1-23-22 at 3:42:14 PM.

    4. #4
      The Dragoness's Avatar
        The Dragoness is offline Archmage Wizard

      • The Dragoness's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Maria DarkBlood/Moonthief/Sunthief/Silver
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Angel/Milo/Bubba/Bosco
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  All sweethearts
      Status: Professional Powerpointer
       
      Mood:
      Lagging
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Posts
      7,607
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      1256
      Thanks (Received)
      4516
      Gold
      7,095.50
      Blog Entries
      68

      Re: Game Patch for Jan. 19, 2022.

      I think that is pretty screwed up. The punishment is already a ten year mute (which is low key permanent), which, though excessive in my view, at least solves the problem. The only explanation I can think of is for players who will bring an alt to do their talking and may be problematic, but honestly, I don't see this as a big deal.

      I think this is really lousy. People spend major money on PvP gear and whatnot, and while you don't have a right to all features if you abuse them (chat if you're violating the TOS I guess) losing an entire aspect of gameplay is just disproportionate. I mean, why not just ban them from the game at that point? They might be rude to people in the commons, so why risk it?

      Ugh.


      ~Maria DarkBlood/WaterMancer/MoonThief/SunThief/Silver~

    5. #5
      Flash33's Avatar
        Flash33 is offline Exalted

      • Flash33's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Seth Shadowcloud
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Moon
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Queen Bandit
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fire Serpent
      Status: Let's be mischievous.
       
      Mood:
      Musical
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2009
      Posts
      11,078
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2709
      Thanks (Received)
      10760
      Gold
      11,139.10
      Blog Entries
      104

      Re: Game Patch for Jan. 19, 2022.

      Regarding the PVP ban for muted players: just because one is muted doesn't mean they can't be disruptive in other ways, so the idea is to try to prevent correctly muted players from being disruptive in other ways. I know in turn-based games like Wizard101 it's trickier to do so than in real-time games like League of Legends but still players will always find a way to do so, as you don't need chat to troll or be a jerk. For example: in Toontown a common method of trolling is what's called greening, where you try to make your allies go sad (lose all HP) & get sent back to the playground with 0 gags (when you go sad you automatically get sent back to the nearest playground with all your gags lost & you have to buy them again (or earn them in the case of lv.7 gags in Toontown Rewritten). Yes TT is PvE & the method described is for team play but my point still stands. That said, considering some people have been falsely muted this is more of a band-aid solution at most.
      Last edited by Flash33; 1-19-22 at 6:12:31 PM.

    6. #6
      The Dragoness's Avatar
        The Dragoness is offline Archmage Wizard

      • The Dragoness's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Maria DarkBlood/Moonthief/Sunthief/Silver
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Angel/Milo/Bubba/Bosco
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  All sweethearts
      Status: Professional Powerpointer
       
      Mood:
      Lagging
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Posts
      7,607
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      1256
      Thanks (Received)
      4516
      Gold
      7,095.50
      Blog Entries
      68

      Re: Game Patch for Jan. 19, 2022.

      Quote Originally Posted by Flash33 View Post
      Regarding the PVP ban for muted players: just because one is muted doesn't mean they can't be disruptive in other ways, so the idea is to try to prevent correctly muted players from being disruptive in other ways. I know in turn-based games like Wizard101 it's trickier to do so than in real-time games like League of Legends but still players will always find a way to do so, as you don't need chat to troll or be a jerk. For example: in Toontown a common method of trolling is what's called greening, where you try to make your allies go sad (lose all HP) & get sent back to the playground with 0 gags (when you go sad you automatically get sent back to the nearest playground with all your gags lost & you have to buy them again (or earn them in the case of lv.7 gags in Toontown Rewritten). Yes TT is PvE & the method described is for team play but my point still stands. That said, considering some people have been falsely muted this is more of a band-aid solution at most.
      I guess I have two reactions to this.

      One is that, from the people I personally know who have been muted, they really weren't disruptive beyond, well, the behavior that got them muted. I've been muted (I guess I'm ratting myself out here?) but I never had any interest in trolling or anything. People could be disruptive and never get a mute (ah, the days of DDoSing...). Those players who were muted for whatever reason, if so inclined to PvP, still played just as hard in any of the tournaments I was in.

      However outside of the arena, in my years of playing, I can't think of any time I've dealt with trolls in PvE*. Farming bosses, questing, hanging out, etc. The worst type of trolling has been chat based (which we have the ignore/report options for and a mute deals with). But generally people don't bother with any type of trolling that I've seen. Maybe you've had different experiences in Wizard101? I'll admit I haven't played so much in recent years and stick to quiet realms.

      But again--if we're taking "muting" as a sign a player is disruptive and ruins the experience for others, why not just boot them from the game if they can do harm beyond chat harm? But I don't think they cause any disruptions. And if they *are* going to be disruptive in chat and making alts to harass others, the players will eventually be banned.

      All in all I don't see this as doing anything other than a scare tactic/additional layer of punishment for people who run afoul of the chat. I'm not defending them--some do deserve it based on the rules of Wizard101, and those who don't like it can and do leave the game. But unless I'm crazy, this isn't anything anyone asked for?


      *Wu commons/nightside are excluded from this statement as they are an outlier.


      ~Maria DarkBlood/WaterMancer/MoonThief/SunThief/Silver~

    7. #7
      Flash33's Avatar
        Flash33 is offline Exalted

      • Flash33's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Seth Shadowcloud
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Moon
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Queen Bandit
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fire Serpent
      Status: Let's be mischievous.
       
      Mood:
      Musical
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2009
      Posts
      11,078
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      2709
      Thanks (Received)
      10760
      Gold
      11,139.10
      Blog Entries
      104

      Re: Game Patch for Jan. 19, 2022.

      Quote Originally Posted by The Dragoness View Post
      I guess I have two reactions to this.

      One is that, from the people I personally know who have been muted, they really weren't disruptive beyond, well, the behavior that got them muted. I've been muted (I guess I'm ratting myself out here?) but I never had any interest in trolling or anything. People could be disruptive and never get a mute (ah, the days of DDoSing...). Those players who were muted for whatever reason, if so inclined to PvP, still played just as hard in any of the tournaments I was in.

      However outside of the arena, in my years of playing, I can't think of any time I've dealt with trolls in PvE*. Farming bosses, questing, hanging out, etc. The worst type of trolling has been chat based (which we have the ignore/report options for and a mute deals with). But generally people don't bother with any type of trolling that I've seen. Maybe you've had different experiences in Wizard101? I'll admit I haven't played so much in recent years and stick to quiet realms.

      But again--if we're taking "muting" as a sign a player is disruptive and ruins the experience for others, why not just boot them from the game if they can do harm beyond chat harm? But I don't think they cause any disruptions. And if they *are* going to be disruptive in chat and making alts to harass others, the players will eventually be banned.

      All in all I don't see this as doing anything other than a scare tactic/additional layer of punishment for people who run afoul of the chat. I'm not defending them--some do deserve it based on the rules of Wizard101, and those who don't like it can and do leave the game. But unless I'm crazy, this isn't anything anyone asked for?


      *Wu commons/nightside are excluded from this statement as they are an outlier.
      I don't disagree that players who are truly disruptive beyond a shadow of a doubt should be booted from the game rather than just simply muted. I'm just saying that more often than not people who truly want to act up but can't via chat will do so via gameplay instead, often in subtle ways to try to avoid being caught. Some examples would be like healing/shielding yourself instead of your teammate(s), leaving early on/partway, targeting healthy foes instead of weakened ones, etc.

    8. #8
      AstralFrost's Avatar
        AstralFrost is offline Apprentice Wizard

      • AstralFrost's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Matthew Redstaff, Rogan Owlfist, Karic Sprite
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  1
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Moon
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Doodle
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Armored Skeleton
      Status: Departed from the Spiral
       
      Mood:
      Secret
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2018
      Posts
      147
      PvP Tournaments Won
      2
      Thanks (Given)
      130
      Thanks (Received)
      307
      Gold
      3,106.00

      Re: Game Patch for Jan. 19, 2022.

      Personally, I think the PVP restriction should be limited to 7 days after the initial mute/sanction was given out.

      It seems unfair that someone with a 10 year mute (why is that even a thing?) should never be allowed to participate in PVP.
      AstralFrost
      Keep The Spiral FROSTY

    9. #9
      Kingurz's Avatar
        Kingurz is offline Adept Wizard

      • Kingurz's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Matthew Deathshade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  90
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Pepper
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fierce Hound
      ----
       
      Mood:
      PC Gaming
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Posts
      934
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      524
      Thanks (Received)
      1393
      Gold
      5,689.76

      Re: Game Patch for Jan. 19, 2022.

      I think there is data or intent that we the players are missing in this situation. There is probably more to the story of why further banning muted players from PvP was implemented this way.

    10. #10
      Sparck's Avatar
        Sparck is offline Wizard101 US Faculty
      ----
       
      Mood:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2018
      Posts
      632
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      1398
      Thanks (Received)
      2482
      Gold
      1,272.00

      Re: Game Patch for Jan. 19, 2022.

      This is just one step to reduce the toxicity and gameplay abuse we are seeing in PvP gameplay. We're of course monitoring feedback on each change we make, just like we do for everything else that goes into a game update.

      If you have any concerns about your account, you can of course contact customer support and they will be happy to review your account status. Do not contact support on behalf of someone else or for generalized complaints.

      Please also review the Community Code of Conduct and the Terms of Use regarding what may result in your account being moderated.

      Thanks all for understanding our efforts here!

    Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •