• Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
        MzDreamfire is offline Adept Wizard

• MzDreamfire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Elizabeth Nightflame Lv 148, Taylor Thunderider Lv 140, Eliz Darkblood Lv 140
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  (Fire) Rocky, (Storm) Cookie, (Death) Shadow
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  (Fire)Wolfhound,(Storm) Zazzleberry Bear, (Death)Black Cat

Mood:
      Happy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Mattnettic leaving KI.

It is a little concerning to have another person who has been so important to the game leaving so soon.
      I wish Mattnettic the very best in his new adventures but I will really miss seeing him and his cat on KI Live.
      Have to admit makes me wonder who's next to leave?
      Trials are like fire ~ they can destroy or strengthen you,
      depending on your character and choices in life.
      Remember ~the same fire that melts butter, strengthens steel.

jlegendwielder is offline Journeyman Wizard

Mood:
      Bemused

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I sure hope there's a big turnout for KI Live at the end of the month so that all three KI employees will feel the love and support.

"I yam what I yam and that's all what I yam."

Oxnhorse is offline Magus Wizard

• Oxnhorse's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Timothy Pearlflower
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Master Heidi
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armor

Mood:
      Sporty

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Its sad to see someone to leave a job they have been part of for any significant time. Makes me wonder if all the bad omens regarding Gamigo is coming to fruition.

I hope the new content for Pirate is still in the works and that Renee and Matt were not vital for its activation.

I hope Matt and Renee left over something that wasn't affecting the bottom line and fired over something as understandable as a pay raise.

These companies might consider them greedy, but I've watched people do coding in C++ in college and it was mind blowing how fast people type the codes in and are able to figure out where the issue is in no times flat with the programming.

Oxnhorse

Bailey Jade is offline Promethean Wizard

• Bailey Jade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Wow! another person leaving KI I have to admit this is a little concerning.

Best wishes to Mattnettic. Thank you for all that you have done.

Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets

Kingurz is offline Adept Wizard

• Kingurz's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Matthew Deathshade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Pepper
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Fierce Hound
      ----

Mood:
      PC Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I wouldn't be concerned with their departures.....yet.

As Ratbeard explained on his stream, if a KI employee wanted to seek other employment....now would be the time. All the big KI/Wizard/Pirate news is positive right now (investment, hiring surge, etc). It looks good on resumes (right now) if you worked at KI. Clearly Renee and Matthew found better opportunities for themselves. Both were recently promoted, so these are not layoffs. If anything, they used the recent promotions to better their resumes and become more marketable. If we were seeing a bunch of new hires leaving in mass, well that's a concern.

The concerning thing will be WHO replaces them. Gamigo is historically a vulture company, cutting costs where it can. Will they bring in new employees with zero experience or bad reputations in the MMO business to cut costs overall? Will these new employees actually have the skill or experience to make KI games better or we going to spend the next couple years with them doing trial and error (or even revamping systems once again)? Renee has been with Wizard101 for a long time and at multiple levels; Mattnetic already had vast MMO design experience before even starting at KI with the Polaris update). These are big shoes to fill to keep the game fluid and "transparent" to the end player.
      Last edited by Kingurz; 1-8-22 at 1:56:09 PM.

Allison DeathWielder is offline Archmage Wizard

• Allison DeathWielder's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  [He/Him] Allison | Roslyn | Emily | Bailey | Morgan | Calamity | Destiny
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Midnight
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Shadow Beast

Mood:
      Cloud 9

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Kingurz View Post
      I wouldn't be concerned with their departures.....yet.

As Ratbeard explained on his stream, if a KI employee wanted to seek other employment....now would be the time. All the big KI/Wizard/Pirate news is positive right now (investment, hiring surge, etc). It looks good on resumes (right now) if you worked at KI. Clearly Renee and Matthew found better opportunities for themselves. Both were recently promoted, so these are not layoffs. If anything, they used the recent promotions to better than resumes and become more marketable. If we were seeing a bunch of new hires leaving in mass, well that's a concern.

The concerning thing will be WHO replaces them. Gamigo is historically a vulture company, cutting costs where it can. Will they bring in new employees with zero experience or bad reputations in the MMO business to cut costs overall? Will these new employees actually have the skill or experience to make KI games better or we going to spend the next couple years with them doing trial and error (or even revamping systems once again)? Renee has been with Wizard101 for a long time and at multiple levels; Mattnetic already had vast MMO design experience before even starting at KI with the Polaris update). These are big shoes to fill to keep the game fluid and "transparent" to the end player.
      I think we'll be okay in the way of avoiding "trial and error" experiences as long as Ratbeard and Leah are there as authorities on the design process. Ratbeard especially seems to deeply care about Wizard101, and perhaps even more so Pirate101, so I imagine he's going to have a lot to say about how the new hires handle things. These two remaining on the team gives me hope despite my ever dwindling trust in Gamigo.

1 account. 7 wizards. Over 13 years of adventure.

Sig and pfp made with help from Ashley SandFlower

YourToothbrush is offline Grandmaster Wizard

Mood:
      XBox Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
      Apparently, the Great Resignation is affecting even smallish video gaming companies. Hopefully, these departures are on the "greener pastures are calling" side rather than the "don't let the screen door hit ya." As Bob Cratchit said (Kermit the Frog version):

"It's all right, children. Life is made up of meetings and partings. That is the way of it."

Best wishes to Mattnetic on his future.

Decided to look out of curiosity.

KingsIsle currently has 17 positions open, largely software engineers. There's also a couple of art positions, a marketing position, and QA department stuff.

None of them talk about pay. All of it is "competitive wages" again, which is a race to the bottom for wages, even for the educated. PTO and other benefits be thrown out the window, I'd rather know my direct compensation if I'm gonna apply.

Checking GlassDoor since the beginnings of 2020, it's still largely negative. New reviews largely say the same things- lack of innovation, doesn't feel like one can move up, lack of communication (except for one who was REALLY excited), and one review prior to the Gamigo buyout that said something like they held contempt for their fanbase. And since Q1 2021, when Gamigo bought out KI, it's been more of the same.

It wouldn't surprise me if Matt and Renee got out while the gettings were good. Both of them have plenty of experience in their fields, and more than enough to work at another place, or even start their own studios if they wanted to. With Gamigo's experience and "The Great Resignation" going hand-in-hand, I wouldn't be surprised if we see an exodus on par with Ubisoft right now.
      Mark DeathMask/Rachel "Midori" StormSword//Elijah RedThistle//Gracie DarkSlinger//Andrew SpiritStrider//Alexis GhostForge//Hannah BattleThief
      They/them. Always knew I was, never had the words for it.

Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer, Lucas LightBright
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by YourToothbrush View Post

KingsIsle currently has 17 positions open, largely software engineers. There's also a couple of art positions, a marketing position, and QA department stuff.

None of them talk about pay. All of it is "competitive wages" again, which is a race to the bottom for wages, even for the educated. PTO and other benefits be thrown out the window, I'd rather know my direct compensation if I'm gonna apply.

Checking GlassDoor since the beginnings of 2020, it's still largely negative. New reviews largely say the same things- lack of innovation, doesn't feel like one can move up, lack of communication (except for one who was REALLY excited), and one review prior to the Gamigo buyout that said something like they held contempt for their fanbase. And since Q1 2021, when Gamigo bought out KI, it's been more of the same.

It wouldn't surprise me if Matt and Renee got out while the gettings were good. Both of them have plenty of experience in their fields, and more than enough to work at another place, or even start their own studios if they wanted to. With Gamigo's experience and "The Great Resignation" going hand-in-hand, I wouldn't be surprised if we see an exodus on par with Ubisoft right now.
      You'd think these types of negative reviews would drive up negative attention (and by extension, bad publicity) would cause the companies involved to change their outlook of their community-base and their treatment of employees so that the game would attract quality employees, ultimately making more money from the game... I don't know much about the inner workings of business particularly secretive organizations like Ki, nor do I know the limitations Ki (and by extension Gamigo) is under, but something about this is illogical lol There's a lot of business benefits from being respecting employees and being kind to their consumer base...
      Last edited by Dylan Windwalker; 1-8-22 at 12:38:09 PM.

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

firemaniac221 is offline Master Wizard

• firemaniac221's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  David Earthshield (Fire, 130) | Fred Mythslinger (Myth, 130) | Kevin Stormsword (Storm, 130)
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  King Luke (David) | Nikki (Fred) | Sir Max (Kevin)
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Phoenix (David) | Flying Squirrel (Fred) | Hero Pig (Kevin)

Mood:
      Lagging

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by YourToothbrush View Post

So, uh, I don't know much about the situation as a whole. I wouldn't say it's cause for panic - we aren't the Lemurs... Though it is very sad to see Mattnetic go.

That being said, this "competitive wages" trash is not specific to KI. I recently graduated with my bachelors in science (chemistry) and it's like that there, too. This is an issue with the US as a whole. Don't worry I managed to find a job, I start at the end of this month!
      I'm a wizard.

YourToothbrush is offline Grandmaster Wizard

Mood:
      XBox Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by firemaniac221 View Post
      So, uh, I don't know much about the situation as a whole. I wouldn't say it's cause for panic - we aren't the Lemurs... Though it is very sad to see Mattnetic go.

That being said, this "competitive wages" trash is not specific to KI. I recently graduated with my bachelors in science (chemistry) and it's like that there, too. This is an issue with the US as a whole. Don't worry I managed to find a job, I start at the end of this month!
      I know the competitive wages part well. It's difficult to find a job with my issues, much less a job that pays well.
      Mark DeathMask/Rachel "Midori" StormSword//Elijah RedThistle//Gracie DarkSlinger//Andrew SpiritStrider//Alexis GhostForge//Hannah BattleThief
      They/them. Always knew I was, never had the words for it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast