•  Kookaburra
      ----

Mood:
      Bookworm

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Welcome to Lemuria! Your First Impressions?

I am up to the Heap and loving it! World is going by way too quickly. My only criticism so far is that there's no indication that Lord of the Jungle hits all enemies. Originally, I didn't include it in my deck, thinking it wasn't useful for mob battles, and only found out when someone else used the spell. Honestly, that effect is probably more important to indicate than the 50% armor conversion.
      Paige Whisper Jacob Flame Ryan RainCaller Kiley Dusk Fallon Dawn Sarah OwlRider Nora StoryDust

Oxnhorse is offline Magus Wizard

• Oxnhorse's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Timothy Pearlflower
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Master Heidi
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armor

Mood:
      Sporty

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

My Death named Talon finished Lemuria last night around 3am, and I must say without giving away the ending there, there was some originality in completing it.

Even with a team of 4, it was a nerve-wracking episode, and most of us returned 2 or 3 times to finish it, but we did complete it faster, once a myth dispel was used on one of them.

I will advise if you are death and use crow or lulu, that you select any of the person's with low health as an enemy and it will take off as normal.

@Sparck, @Eric Stormbringer: Thank you for some originality. In 2 days time my death completed the world, and despite all the belly aching about Lemuria, I thought it was well thought out on re-using areas of past world and loved how Heap was a mixture of maybe 4 to 6 worlds.

Oxnhorse

Quote Originally Posted by Paige Whisper View Post
      I am up to the Heap and loving it! World is going by way too quickly. My only criticism so far is that there's no indication that Lord of the Jungle hits all enemies. Originally, I didn't include it in my deck, thinking it wasn't useful for mob battles, and only found out when someone else used the spell. Honestly, that effect is probably more important to indicate than the 50% armor conversion.
      Regarding Lord of the Jungle, it is an AoE, but you have to select one enemy to hit first like Sun Serpent for Fire, and then all of them will get hit.

As for the length of each section, I agree that the areas tend to be short. The first upgrade is 75 of the spell you have and then an additional 115 for the second. I'm kinda surprised that there isn't an allotment enough for getting both upgrades for the world.

It was one of my criticisms of Karamelle, with Sound of Musicology, not being able to upgrade them twice. It was actually my favorite out of all the Karamelle cards I used.

Oxnhorse
      Last edited by Oxnhorse; 12-11-21 at 7:54:39 PM.

Paige Whisper is offline Journeyman Wizard

• Paige Whisper's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Paige Whisper
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sheriff Snoopie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra
      ----

Mood:
      Bookworm

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Oxnhorse View Post
      Regarding Lord of the Jungle, it is an AoE, but you have to select one enemy to hit first like Sun Serpent for Fire, and then all of them will get hit.
      I don't know what to say other than that this is plainly incorrect. It is a standard AoE. You do not have to select an enemy. Is it supposed​ to work like Sun Serpent?
      Paige Whisper Jacob Flame Ryan RainCaller Kiley Dusk Fallon Dawn Sarah OwlRider Nora StoryDust

The Dragoness is offline Archmage Wizard

• The Dragoness's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Maria DarkBlood/Moonthief/Sunthief/Silver
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Angel/Milo/Bubba/Bosco
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  All sweethearts

Mood:
      Devilish

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paige Whisper View Post
      If you look in the small box on the right about midway down the card, you'll see a "yellow thingy" (I'm sure there's a more precise term, but whatever). This means it's an AOE. (Sun Serpent does not have this, as it does target just one player with a side effect targeting all opponents, which is marked by the in the card description.)

I could be wrong, but I feel like AOEs used to specify (then again, since I was playing a necromancer exclusively from 2018-2014, I was very late to even get an AOE...) but it might have been too crowded to keep on the cards.

In general, I like the world. It's fast, which I appreciate, and I like having shorter segments in each area. Not as funny as Karamelle, but the lore is intriguing. I haven't played the final boss fight yet, though.

~Maria DarkBlood/WaterMancer/MoonThief/SunThief/Silver~

Paige Whisper is offline Journeyman Wizard

• Paige Whisper's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Paige Whisper
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sheriff Snoopie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra
      ----

Mood:
      Bookworm

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by The Dragoness View Post
      If you look in the small box on the right about midway down the card, you'll see a "yellow thingy" (I'm sure there's a more precise term, but whatever). This means it's an AOE. (Sun Serpent does not have this, as it does target just one player with a side effect targeting all opponents, which is marked by the in the card description.)

I could be wrong, but I feel like AOEs used to specify (then again, since I was playing a necromancer exclusively from 2018-2014, I was very late to even get an AOE...) but it might have been too crowded to keep on the cards.

In general, I like the world. It's fast, which I appreciate, and I like having shorter segments in each area. Not as funny as Karamelle, but the lore is intriguing. I haven't played the final boss fight yet, though.
      Yeah, I only caught that way later, after finishing the world and making my original post in this thread. Thank you for pointing it out, though. Most often, spells (like Freeze Ray) have the three little imp/devil icons to indicate that it's hitting all enemies, which is what I normally go by. You're definitely right that it's too crowded on the card.

Fredwardo is offline Master Wizard

• Fredwardo's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Kyle Ironmender
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Chico
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Egg

Mood:
      PC Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Post Re: Welcome to Lemuria! Your First Impressions?

Lemuria is pretty cool so far, lovin the vibe of the jungle-ish then random like lab environment. So far for me it blows Karamelle outta the water (wasn't a huge fan of KM).

Pop cultural references are Empyrea-tier good (literal best tier) but the design of the world is much better than Empyrea.

I love how like we're basically starting to get acknowledged as like omni-potent beings by everybody else. It was hinted that we kinda are around Empyrea pt 2 and the beginning/end of KM but then in KM it turned into errand boy duties again. It felt great walking into the Arcanum and watching us bring this complete stranger in without asking any of the lazy instructors there and some of them are like 'yo wizard the stuff you're doing could like mess up the spiral, don't do it!' and we just sorta do it anyways cause why not. Giant middle-finger to them which is 10/10.

I'm genuinely considering turning on the music in the game and audio. For perspective. I have no idea how the entire game sounds like outside of Wintertusk, Azteca and Empyrea. Those 3 worlds are the only ones I have ever turned the music on for. I don't play any video games with sound on I just listen to my own music but the dialog has got me chuckling here n there so next time I hop on I probably will turn it on.

So far nothing too challenging. I did get chain stunned 3 rounds in a row by a boss and his minions which was absolutely fantastic. Most people complain about annoyances like this but I always attribute it to having better/more difficult AI levels which I prefer. Whenever I have to change up my deck from the typical 8 card speed deck I'm having a fun time.

Mechanics have gotten better too, I like the helper guys giving me their card to use in battle, kinda useless for like gigga-speed questing but its cute so I use em anyways.

A few bugs here and there sadly, though one of them has been VERY and I mean VERY helpful for multi-boxing.

A BIG HUGE PLUS IS THE BATTLE THING WHERE A PLAYER CAN JOIN DURING THE PLANNING PHASE STILL AND BE PART OF THE FIGHT OMG KI THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS AS A TRI-BOXER THIS SAVES MY LIFE YOU ALL DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW GOOD THIS IS THANK YOU!

The little QoS/L tweaks have been great, still pushing for the ability to have only 1 person need to click and turn in quests in a multi-passenger mount but regardless great strides forward.

Overall fantastic update, very excited to hopefully finish it by the end of the year before I have to go back to work!
      @Sparck @Eric Stormbringer tell everyone at KI thanks for this stuff, yall did great and im excited for whats next!!!

AMAMAZING SIGGY MADE BY THE BEAUTIFUL EMERALD GEM OF LIGHT

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123