AluraMist is online now Wiki Master

Mood:
      Shy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Lemuria is Live!

*Update* This issue is also mentioned in the Game Patch for Dec. 2, 2021."

Ingame fix on the "Quest:To Err is Hero".

I just saw this conversation on the Wizard101 social media site. Not sure if anyone had issues like this:

"Wizard101 game servers will be under maintenance on December 2nd at 3am CT for a couple of hours. Hammer and wrench

We're implementing a fix for the 'To Err is Hero' quest for those unable to complete it, as well as resolving a few other issues.

Thanks for your patience during this downtime!
      7:08 PM Dec 1, 2021

Replying to
      @wizard101
      and
      @KI_Alerts
      Will this fix the quest for those who already got it broken?

15h
      Yes, once fixed, anyone on the quest goal "Save Lemuria in Telos" should be able to return to the Hall of Heroes where the final fight happens and interact with the Synthesizer object. This should initiate a cinematic and then you will be able to progress as expected from there. ..."
      Last edited by AluraMist; 12-2-21 at 1:00:09 PM. Reason: Added link to Game Patch.
      Dare to catch your best dreams and live them with eyes wide open. Sweet dreams always.
      The DreamCatcher.

sparkyflamefire is offline Adept Wizard

• sparkyflamefire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

As I sit here reading the update notes, reading about the bugs (both here and in Halston's Laboratory), its becoming increasingly clear that KI doesn't want players like me playing.

-Players who don't play the monthly membership fee.

-Players who expect the product to be thoroughly play-tested and debugged and work as advertised the first time, every time.
      --Who think that the paying customer shouldn't have to do the programmers' job for them finding all the bugs they let slip through.
      --Who think that the programmers should actually fix ALL the bugs we do find, not just those that materially affect game play.
      --Who think that KI should make good on all the rewards as advertised and that we didn't get, either because of a bug or just because of an "Oops, we didn't mean to say that so we're not going to honor what we said we'd do."

-The casual player who isn't interested in certain special events, or who aren't part of a dedicated group that plays together all the time (Who likes to play solo.).
      --The player who thinks that just because a certain quest is a side quest doesn't mean that it should be impossible to do solo.
      --The player who thinks the same about badges.
      Last edited by sparkyflamefire; 12-2-21 at 6:07:17 PM.

Iridescenci is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Iridescenci's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Saffron Swift/Silver/Spirit/Summer/Soul/Story Song
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  King Sydney
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Spider Golem

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

For anyone that is able to update the wiki, I got this neat little gem from The Bantam!
      Name:  Picture 2021-12-02 18-36-50.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  452.7 KBName:  Picture 2021-12-02 18-37-26.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  471.4 KB
      Last edited by Iridescenci; 12-2-21 at 8:44:02 PM. Reason: Removed dup image

Avatar & Sig Credit: Expelliarmus (Blue Nouveau Designs)
      Lady Cat Ceremony 12/11/21
      Formerly: bluecrystal5355, Crystal Calligraphy

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Lemuria is Live!_Mandrake the Maligician

Quote Originally Posted by smallbird View Post
      Has anyone done the side quest with this guy yet? 100% universal resist and he just heals himself over and over and over and over. Hoping someone less tired than I am has figured him out.
      Haven't tried him myself, I'm not going to Lemuria until they do something about the bugged Karamelle badges, but I did look him up in the wiki:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki...the_Maligician

He only puts up the 100% fortify after 4 rounds (before then, its only a 10% fortify, for 99 rounds), so you're going to need a team to take him out fast, in the first 4 rounds.

Don't know if this would work: Destroy his aura. He might just replace it, though.

Looks like it would help if you damaged him every round, otherwise he casts that leafstorm.

Just another example of KI not wanting players to solo.
      Last edited by sparkyflamefire; 12-2-21 at 9:18:59 PM.

Happy Fun Ball is offline Legendary Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

He will give you a spear charm if you heal, and the aura isn't quite like the Baron's invulnerability. It's basically a -100% tower shield* that can be pierced through.

* There is a boss in Night Forest that spams -100% tower shields. Have fun with that one. I certainly didn't.

Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyflamefire View Post
      Haven't tried him myself, I'm not going to Lemuria until they do something about the bugged Karamelle badges, but I did look him up in the wiki:

He only puts up the 100% fortify after 4 rounds (before then, its only a 10% fortify, for 99 rounds), so you're going to need a team to take him out fast, in the first 4 rounds.

Don't know if this would work: Destroy his aura. He might just replace it, though.

Looks like it would help if you damaged him every round, otherwise he casts that leafstorm.

I did this battle with a random team up yesterday. We had to try several strategies and restarted three times. A healing pet would be very helpful, for the +20% pierce he gives after each heal. Definitely had to defeat the minions quickly before they loaded him up with tower shields, or used their Celestian Intervention -- if the minions Taunt, no one can target the boss.

You also definitely want to avoid the leafstorm/enfeeble cheat, because having your main hitter lose everything right before they are ready to hit is awful.

None of our team could do the aura removal idea. They used Shrike and I used Entangle, Pierce and Infallible. Entangle didn't prevent his healing boost, but I think it helped. Lots of Feints.

The fourth round thing isn't for sure - that's when we noticed the aura change on our three attempts, but it could have been some other trigger, possibly the first heal, or first attempt to feint him. It needs verification.

He dropped me a Level 150+ Robe. Good Luck!

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
      I did this battle with a random team up yesterday. We had to try several strategies and restarted three times. A healing pet would be very helpful, for the +20% pierce he gives after each heal. Definitely had to defeat the minions quickly before they loaded him up with tower shields, or used their Celestian Intervention -- if the minions Taunt, no one can target the boss.

You also definitely want to avoid the leafstorm/enfeeble cheat, because having your main hitter lose everything right before they are ready to hit is awful.

None of our team could do the aura removal idea. They used Shrike and I used Entangle, Pierce and Infallible. Entangle didn't prevent his healing boost, but I think it helped. Lots of Feints.

The fourth round thing isn't for sure - that's when we noticed the aura change on our three attempts, but it could have been some other trigger, possibly the first heal, or first attempt to feint him. It needs verification.

He dropped me a Level 150+ Robe. Good Luck!

This from my son, who also plays:

Solo'd Mandrake the Maligician. Pretty easy, actually, IF you're very, very, very lucky. How he did it:

Stack 3 feints on him, and hit him on the 4th round before he puts up the 100% fortify for 16,000 points damage. Had enough other hits to finish off minion on a later round.

Had to try it a few times, here are some of the things that stymied him before he finally succeeded:

-Mandrake went first. He put up the 100% fortify at the end of HIS 4th turn, before the 4th turn hit.
      -Mandrake cast a camp bandit, which took out one of the feints.
      -Mandrake cast a 25% weakness.(Didn't miss by much. Might have still gotten him with a bigger hit than scarecrow)
      -Minion cast a mass 45% tower shield.
      -Minion cast a frost giant, which stunned for one round.

Doing it with a team, makes it easy. First round knockout of Mandrake without having to worry about any of that.

Also, playing a death wizard, had to either conserve a pip (to have enough to cast a scarecrow) or get a shadow pip (for lulu).

Can confirm a level 150 robe, and several level 148 gear.

Note- the 100% fortify came at the end of Mandrake's 4th turn. When Mandrake went first, that meant it was up before the player's 4th turn.

Edit: The destroy aura idea didn't work. He immediately replaced it with the 100% fortify. Even on the first round, it was 100% fortify.
      Last edited by sparkyflamefire; 12-7-21 at 10:39:44 AM.

Oxnhorse is offline Magus Wizard

• Oxnhorse's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Timothy Pearlflower
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Master Heidi
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armor

Mood:
      Sporty

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by smallbird View Post
      Has anyone done the side quest with this guy yet? 100% universal resist and he just heals himself over and over and over and over. Hoping someone less tired than I am has figured him out.
      My Life went in with 3 others, and we beat him after much trial and error.

Here's what I suggest: Have one person be a designated hitter, and place at least one 80/40 feint on him (doesn't matter if Dragoon boot or regular potent feint). He will not remove them, so you don't have to protect it.

Everyone but the hitter, do the blading and trapping, while the hitter uses an aura like Frenzy before hitting.

Maybe 3 or 4 rounds before hitting. After defeating him, he will be a poor sport and leave.

Congrats on your victory! Now return to the Mana Hierarch and get your reward.

Oxnhorse

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyflamefire View Post
      I only solo stuff if my friends aren't on, I know I can defeat the enemies or I'm not in the mood to do it alone.

Personally, I like having the extra person, so I know we can defeat the enemy and progress.

I have had a few issues with Lemuria so far in Telos or the Wildlands:

1) My Balance went in the Lifeforce Sanctum with 3 others, and the quest didn't register until after the fight was over. It really annoyed others.

2) My Death has 46 defense from gear and 112 from jewels, yet he is taking 1053 damage from enemies. To me the new universal defense jewels are increasing damage, instead of decreasing.

3) Some of the Sanctums are registering as open, when I have completed them.

I honestly hope Ursai Village isn't as short as Telos and the Wildlands.

Oxnhorse
      Last edited by Willowdreamer; 12-5-21 at 8:56:57 AM. Reason: double posted

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Oxnhorse View Post
      1) My Balance went in the Lifeforce Sanctum with 3 others, and the quest didn't register until after the fight was over. It really annoyed others.
      I've had that happen to me a few times in the whispering sepulcher. Run in too fast and the battle starts before the dialogue that gives you the quest. After you defeat them, then the dialogue happens and you get the quest, which you can't complete because they're not there anymore. All you can do then is restart the dungeon.

A few times I ran in, and when I started getting close to the battle ring the quest arrow started pointing behind me. I was able to stop without starting the battle, go back and get the quest, and then proceed normally.

All I can say is, watch the arrow, and wait for dialogue before starting the battle. I've noticed that the game was lagging even worse than usual today.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12