Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: How Bazaar?

That's right! LOL.

There's also a 14 y.o. with a reagent bot waiting outside the gate, so don't get your hopes up!
      “Maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Hemdale.”

Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I sold 2 pages of reagents this morning, 11 or 21 at a time, of everything I had in quantity. It took me about five minutes, so it doesn't surprise me that even one other wizard looking to spend gold could have bought those up within five or ten minutes, or even right along. While I was selling, I encountered the Prospector Zeke warning about max gold twice. I resorted to buying expensive rings to feed my pet to make room in my gold pouch.

Unless there are hundreds of wizards constantly selling reagents, the Bazaar will continue to empty just as fast as it fills up. BUT, we've been trained to hoard reagents, and to spend our excess gold on something that won't fill up our packs. Reagents don't fill up nearly as quickly as backpacks or treasure card spaces.

Inventory management continues to be a constant juggle for high level wizards with large gardens.

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

Kokyota is offline Adept Wizard

• Kokyota's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Iridian, Neela, Jaz, Jr, Sari
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Way too many to name
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Crazy Creatures

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey Jade View Post
      Well, I disagree with some of your comments.

Yes, looking for certain reagents in the Bazaar have been going on for a long time, but the worst of it only started to happen in the past year, not a decade ago. A decade ago, you would always have multiple pages of reagents. I recall, when the Black Pearl was the hardest reagent to get. Before that was the Aether, stone blocks, black lotus and it goes on. However, you would always have many pages of all the other reagents.

Buying Packs really have nothing to do with it. If players are buying packs, it would be because they are unable to get those type reagents in the bazaar for crafting projects.

Players using bots/ or just buying them up only to resell them for something else is what is going on. I just watch having 2.5 pages go down to 1 within 5 minutes. There is a person who was in the bazaar last night and they are still there. From my understanding, this is when they are using the BOTS. Also, I thought it might be because of many players on, but when I looked, there is only one crowed area. Everything else was perfect. That tells me someone is buying them up on purpose.

This happens a lot, not just during the Spiral Showcase. Also, keep in mind there have been a lot of things that we have asked or hope that they will fix. Sometimes, it happens right away and other times, it just takes more time. It's clear that this is not on top of their list.
      @Willowdreamer did say something in one of the other threads that is a possibility of not seeing as much in the bazaar, the teleporters. I can see how using the teleporters would reduce on collecting reagents, and players not selling them. I know I have used the teleporters, but I always continue to pick them up.

Another possibility is, that players just not selling the reagents as much as they used to, but keeping them for themselves BECAUSE of the ongoing reagent shortage at the bazaar. When I first started to playing the game, I would sell all my reagents for gold to buy something else at the bazaar. Now, I am one of those who keeps almost everything I get. The only reagents I tend to sell, would be scarp iron, black pearls, due to making them to use up my black lotus, sand and sunstones from all my emp gardens.

I do think your on the right track for a solution. Why can we not get more reagent vendors for some of the newer stuff? Or, give us elixir for double reagent that we could buy in the crown shop or offer it as a reward in one of the events? Put a limit on what you can buy per wizard?
      I’d posted a thread suggesting KI hire an assistant for ole Elik Silverfists to give him, the bazaar and us wizards a much need respite. I hope KI is still considering doing something with the Bazaar.
      http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...30#post5195430

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus Unbound View Post
      Yep, it does smell of the Illuminati and the Cabal black market. I think this is a case for thr WBI agents...time to call in Elliot Mess!
      Unfortunately, Elliot Mess is still entangled with Al Capone.

This just in – intelligence reports that the Illuminati has infiltrated all of KI!
      Last edited by Kokyota; 11-28-21 at 6:46:01 PM.

ValdusWildheart is offline Legendary Wizard

Mood:
      Stressed

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey Jade View Post
      There is a person who was in the bazaar last night and they are still there. From my understanding, this is when they are using the BOTS.
      It could be. But it could be someone like me who parks their wizards and then wanders off and forgets...

Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
      Unless there are hundreds of wizards constantly selling reagents, the Bazaar will continue to empty just as fast as it fills up. BUT, we've been trained to hoard reagents, and to spend our excess gold on something that won't fill up our packs. Reagents don't fill up nearly as quickly as backpacks or treasure card spaces.
      I think this is the crux of it. Years ago when there were lots of new players coming into the game, crafting wasn't really integrated so much. It was just a fun side activity. And harvesting reagents was a good way to get scarce gold. So reagents poured in.

Now the players that are left have learned never to sell anything -- rare especially -- as you never know when you'll need 100+ for the next broken spell or whatever. And there goes your supply...

Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Day and time also plays into when the low stock of Reagents is more noticeable. This morning there are 4 pages of reagents. Kids who were playing over the weekend have school and must wait until next weekend to get in and buy.

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

Pegasus Unbound is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Pegasus Unbound's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Nathaniel
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dragons and MORE Dragons.

Mood:
      Woot

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Cool Re: How Bazaar?

I would like to add a new thought to this thread:

I would love to see a new Crowns Bazaar for the restricted Crown items that can not be found in the current Bazaar. You could sell items for Crowns as well as buy them.

A vital part of this would be a Crown/Gold Exchange that would take the old buy gold function a step further. In this Exchange, you could still buy gold for Crowns, but ALSO buy Crowns with Gold. I am sure the exchange rate would be high, but it would be a great feature for some of those who are not able to buy crows at all. From the money making perspective of KI, it would also give players a regular taste of the benefits of Crowns and encourage them to consider buying them in larger quantities.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12