• Aggressive
  • Alienated
  • Amazed
  • Amazed2
  • Amused2
  • Angelic
  • Angry2
  • Apelike
  • Artistic
  • Balanced
  • Bashful
  • Blah
  • Bookworm
  • Bored
  • Breezy
  • Brooding
  • Busy
  • Chatty
  • Cheeky
  • Cheerful
  • Cloud 9
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool2
  • Creative
  • Curious
  • Cynical
  • Daring
  • Devilish
  • Disagree
  • Doh
  • Doubtful
  • Drama Queen
  • Dreaming
  • Elated
  • Energetic
  • Fiendish
  • Fine
  • Gloomy
  • Goofy
  • Grumpy2
  • Happy2
  • Hot
  • In Pain
  • Innocent2
  • Insomnious
  • Inspired
  • Lonely
  • Lucky
  • Lurking
  • Mellow
  • Mischievious
  • Monday Blues
  • Musical
  • Nerdy
  • No Mood
  • Not Amused
  • Notworthy
  • Paranoid
  • Pensive
  • Predatory
  • Procrastinating
  • Psychedelic
  • Relaxed
  • Sad2
  • Scared
  • Scurvy
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Sleeping
  • Sleepy
  • Sluggish
  • Sneaky2
  • Snobbish
  • Spooky
  • Sporty
  • Starving
  • Stressed
  • Sunshine
  • Sweet Tooth
  • Thinking
  • Torn
  • Twisted
  • Vegged Out
  • Volatile
  • Woot
  • Worried
  • Yee Haw
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Arrg!
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Grumpy
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh!
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • At Work
  • Eating
  • Editing
  • Lagging
  • Netflix
  • No Status
  • PC Gaming
  • PS Gaming
  • Raging
  • Sleeping2
  • Steam Gaming
  • Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 10 of 16

    Thread: How Bazaar?


    1. #1
      RookieRecurve's Avatar
        RookieRecurve is offline Master Wizard

      • RookieRecurve's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Ian Lionstalker
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  92
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Many
      Status: Missing the old W101 days
       
      Mood:
      Awesome
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Posts
      1,828
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      1662
      Thanks (Received)
      1129
      Gold
      6,892.50
      Blog Entries
      7

      How Bazaar?

      I have been seeing for myself, as well as the sub, that the Bazaar is near empty, or totally empty of reagents at times. Does anybody know what is causing this? Is it the same reason that I am buying up certain reagents (too much gold)? Are there less people grinding, and gardening? I am curious if this is a concern for KI, or if this is just something that will be the new norm?
      Last edited by Willowdreamer; 11-28-21 at 8:11:45 AM. Reason: asterisks

    2. #2
      Willowdreamer's Avatar
        Willowdreamer is online now W101C Team Leader

      • Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra
      Status: Small everyday deeds...
       
      Mood:
      Scurvy
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Posts
      17,790
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      20574
      Thanks (Received)
      27276
      Gold
      10,253.00

      Re: How Bazaar?

      Quote Originally Posted by RookieRecurve View Post
      I have been seeing for myself, as well as the sub, that the Bazaar is near empty, or totally empty of reagents at times. Does anybody know what is causing this? Is it the same reason that I am buying up certain reagents (too much gold)? Are there less people grinding, and gardening? I am curious if this is a concern for KI, or if this is just something that will be the new norm?
      This situation has been discussed a few times before - to me it seems to come up whenever the Spiral Showcase event is on. Perhaps because Crafting 5 items is one of the activities?

      Players with characters that have max gold often purchase Reagents to avoid Prospector Zeke's repetitious warning that we're about to lose some if we don't spend.

      Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

    3. #3
      Bailey Jade's Avatar
        Bailey Jade is online now Promethean Wizard

      • Bailey Jade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      Status: HATCHING AGAIN!
       
      Mood:
      Lurking
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Posts
      9,906
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      14250
      Thanks (Received)
      15406
      Gold
      10,776.00

      Re: How Bazaar?

      Quote Originally Posted by RookieRecurve View Post
      I have been seeing for myself, as well as the sub, that the Bazaar is near empty, or totally empty of reagents at times. Does anybody know what is causing this? Is it the same reason that I am buying up certain reagents (too much gold)? Are there less people grinding, and gardening? I am curious if this is a concern for KI, or if this is just something that will be the new norm?
      Yes, there are those who have bots buying up reagents. How this work I am not sure, but I went there last night and only saw 2 pages of reagents. I have also heard that they buy it up to only sell again for packs or empowers. This is more of the reagents that you can not buy. Sadly, now-a-days your lucky to see up to 5 pages. I really hope that KI will fix this.
      Quote Originally Posted by Willowdreamer View Post
      This situation has been discussed a few times before - to me it seems to come up whenever the Spiral Showcase event is on. Perhaps because Crafting 5 items is one of the activities?

      Players with characters that have max gold often purchase Reagents to avoid Prospector Zeke's repetitious warning that we're about to lose some if we don't spend.

      I am one who does this, but it's not the real source of the problem.

      Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets






    4. #4
      Dylan Windwalker's Avatar
        Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

      • Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer, Lucas LightBright
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament
      Status: Upsidedown and Backwards
       
      Mood:
      Goofy
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Posts
      4,067
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      3597
      Thanks (Received)
      3645
      Gold
      289.00

      Re: How Bazaar?

      I really don't think Ki is going to fix that any time soon mostly because this has been a problem ever since Reagents were developed more than a decade ago and they've made no effort in actually trying to eliminate the botting problem (I'm sure they've eliminated bots before but there's always going to be newer/better versions of the same thing that replaces the old, maybe by now they've even beaten Ki to the point they're just letting it happen). And the Reagent Bundles are not helping whatsoever btw.

      Anyhow here's the thread from a year ago, still relevant because nothing has changed.

      http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...-is-ridiculous

      But to summarize, it's really a bit of everything. Even if it's not bots per say, it's still hundreds of wizards at a time trying to get all the relevant reagents all at once the same way you're trying to and there's always somebody faster than you. If there's a bot in play, then even that person who is faster won't even be able to catch those reagents. Not to mention, there's not a lot of people selling reagents in the first place and the bazaar can only generate so much reagents from scratch (if that's the case).

      The only solution to this problem is simply make it like an infinite purchase vendor like a regular vendor in the Shopping District where you could sell any reagent but you can buy infinite amounts of any reagent as long as you have the gold for it. But that also makes Reagent Bundles completely pointless so this is never gonna happen. Even if Reagent Bundles in the Crowns shop doesn't make Ki any money whatsoever (I've never heard of anybody buying these in my entire career of playing this game), it's the potential that players who don't know any better will purchase them out of desperation/frustration/ignorance, like what I imagine a kid doing, is what is keeping Ki from removing Reagent Bundles and going towards the more player friendly model that I suggested.
      Last edited by Dylan Windwalker; 11-28-21 at 1:47:11 PM.

      Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

    5. #5
      Kokyota's Avatar
        Kokyota is offline Adept Wizard

      • Kokyota's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Iridian, Neela, Jaz, Jr, Sari
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Way too many to name
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Crazy Creatures
      Status: Mourning
       
      Mood:
      Balanced
       
      Join Date
      Jan 2012
      Posts
      944
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      920
      Thanks (Received)
      1178
      Gold
      5,482.50

      Re: How Bazaar?

      It's the Illuminati!

      http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...05#post5624705
      @Pegasus Unbound - Should we call our WBI agents to investigate once again?



    6. #6
      Bailey Jade's Avatar
        Bailey Jade is online now Promethean Wizard

      • Bailey Jade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      Status: HATCHING AGAIN!
       
      Mood:
      Lurking
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Posts
      9,906
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      14250
      Thanks (Received)
      15406
      Gold
      10,776.00

      Re: How Bazaar?

      Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Windwalker View Post
      I really don't think Ki is going to fix that any time soon mostly because this has been a problem ever since Reagents were developed more than a decade ago and they've made no effort in actually trying to eliminate the botting problem (I'm sure they've eliminated bots before but there's always going to be newer/better versions of the same thing that replaces the old, maybe by now they've even beaten Ki to the point they're just letting it happen). And the Reagent Bundles are not helping whatsoever btw.

      Anyhow here's the thread from a year ago, still relevant because nothing has changed.

      http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...-is-ridiculous

      But to summarize, it's really a bit of everything. Even if it's not bots per say, it's still hundreds of wizards at a time trying to get all the relevant reagents all at once the same way you're trying to and there's always somebody faster than you. If there's a bot in play, then even that person who is faster won't even be able to catch those reagents. Not to mention, there's not a lot of people selling reagents in the first place and the bazaar can only generate so much reagents from scratch (if that's the case).

      The only solution to this problem is simply make it like an infinite purchase vendor like a regular vendor in the Shopping District where you could sell any reagent but you can buy infinite amounts of any reagent as long as you have the gold for it. But that also makes Reagent Bundles completely pointless so this is never gonna happen. Even if Reagent Bundles in the Crowns shop doesn't make Ki any money whatsoever (I've never heard of anybody buying these in my entire career of playing this game), it's the potential that players who don't know any better will purchase them out of desperation/frustration/ignorance, like what I imagine a kid doing, is what is keeping Ki from removing Reagent Bundles and going towards the more player friendly model that I suggested.
      Well, I disagree with some of your comments.

      Yes, looking for certain reagents in the Bazaar have been going on for a long time, but the worst of it only started to happen in the past year, not a decade ago. A decade ago, you would always have multiple pages of reagents. I recall, when the Black Pearl was the hardest reagent to get. Before that was the Aether, stone blocks, black lotus and it goes on. However, you would always have many pages of all the other reagents.

      Buying Packs really have nothing to do with it. If players are buying packs, it would be because they are unable to get those type reagents in the bazaar for crafting projects.

      Players using bots/ or just buying them up only to resell them for something else is what is going on. I just watch having 2.5 pages go down to 1 within 5 minutes. There is a person who was in the bazaar last night and they are still there. From my understanding, this is when they are using the BOTS. Also, I thought it might be because of many players on, but when I looked, there is only one crowed area. Everything else was perfect. That tells me someone is buying them up on purpose.

      This happens a lot, not just during the Spiral Showcase. Also, keep in mind there have been a lot of things that we have asked or hope that they will fix. Sometimes, it happens right away and other times, it just takes more time. It's clear that this is not on top of their list.
      @Willowdreamer did say something in one of the other threads that is a possibility of not seeing as much in the bazaar, the teleporters. I can see how using the teleporters would reduce on collecting reagents, and players not selling them. I know I have used the teleporters, but I always continue to pick them up.

      Another possibility is, that players just not selling the reagents as much as they used to, but keeping them for themselves BECAUSE of the ongoing reagent shortage at the bazaar. When I first started to playing the game, I would sell all my reagents for gold to buy something else at the bazaar. Now, I am one of those who keeps almost everything I get. The only reagents I tend to sell, would be scarp iron, black pearls, due to making them to use up my black lotus, sand and sunstones from all my emp gardens.

      I do think your on the right track for a solution. Why can we not get more reagent vendors for some of the newer stuff? Or, give us elixir for double reagent that we could buy in the crown shop or offer it as a reward in one of the events? Put a limit on what you can buy per wizard?

      Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets






    7. #7
      Pegasus Unbound's Avatar
        Pegasus Unbound is offline Grandmaster Wizard

      • Pegasus Unbound's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Nathaniel
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dragons and MORE Dragons.
      Status: Looking 4 my village
       
      Mood:
      Woot
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2010
      Posts
      2,724
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      7117
      Thanks (Received)
      4108
      Gold
      1,566.80

      Cool Re: How Bazaar?

      Quote Originally Posted by Kokyota View Post
      It's the Illuminati!

      http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...05#post5624705
      @Pegasus Unbound - Should we call our WBI agents to investigate once again?
      Yep, it does smell of the Illuminati and the Cabal black market. I think this is a case for thr WBI agents...time to call in Elliot Mess!


    8. #8
      KingNothing's Avatar
        KingNothing is offline Legendary Wizard

      • KingNothing's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Chris Fireheart
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Gloomy Eye
      ----
       
      Mood:
      No Mood
       
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Posts
      3,528
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      4381
      Thanks (Received)
      5780
      Gold
      809.50

      Re: How Bazaar?

      I vote for the new normal. I see this a lot in the Bazaar and have just come to accept it.

      My guess is all the reagents are sitting off the coast of California waiting for docking and unloading. LOL.
      “Maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Hemdale.”

    9. #9
      Bailey Jade's Avatar
        Bailey Jade is online now Promethean Wizard

      • Bailey Jade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      Status: HATCHING AGAIN!
       
      Mood:
      Lurking
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Posts
      9,906
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      14250
      Thanks (Received)
      15406
      Gold
      10,776.00

      Re: How Bazaar?

      Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
      I vote for the new normal. I see this a lot in the Bazaar and have just come to accept it.

      My guess is all the reagents are sitting off the coast of California waiting for docking and unloading. LOL.



      Well, that makes tons of sense!
      Last edited by Bailey Jade; 11-28-21 at 3:46:39 PM.

      Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets






    10. #10
      Pegasus Unbound's Avatar
        Pegasus Unbound is offline Grandmaster Wizard

      • Pegasus Unbound's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Nathaniel
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  130
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dragons and MORE Dragons.
      Status: Looking 4 my village
       
      Mood:
      Woot
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2010
      Posts
      2,724
      PvP Tournaments Won
      0
      Thanks (Given)
      7117
      Thanks (Received)
      4108
      Gold
      1,566.80

      Cool Re: How Bazaar?

      Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
      I vote for the new normal. I see this a lot in the Bazaar and have just come to accept it.

      My guess is all the reagents are sitting off the coast of California waiting for docking and unloading. LOL.
      OK, so my reagents are somewhere in one of these?



      I just hope my Gamma Plushie isn't lost in there too!


    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •