• Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
        AluraMist is offline Wiki Master

Mood:
      Shy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Beastmoon Monster Mayhem, thru Nov. 22nd.

From the Wizard101 website: https://www.wizard101.com/game/news

Beastmoon Monster Mayhem Event!

"A little mischief and mayhem never hurt anyone except the bad guys! Now through Monday, November 22nd, get ready to embrace your inner beast and team up with allies in an attempt to best multiple waves of monsters! Will you come out on top? See Event "

See additional information here: Basic:Beastmoon Monster Mayhem

And see this thread from @Pegasus Unbound: Beastmoon Monster Mayhem "Simplified".
      Dare to catch your best dreams and live them with eyes wide open. Sweet dreams always.
      The DreamCatcher.

WarWeaver is offline Magus Wizard

• WarWeaver's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Brian SunWeaver
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Smokey
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Incendiary Grimoire

Mood:
      Grumpy2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Beastmoon Monster Mayhem, thru Nov. 22nd.

Well, there are 2 idols I don't have in this one so I guess it's time for some mayhem

sparkyflamefire is online now Adept Wizard

• sparkyflamefire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Just won my first match. Sad to say, still not getting credit for mayhem event completed.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I just finished a match where there was a player who insisted that we should always target the higher health mob first and defeat him before he can cast his AOE. I countered that we should try to 1) run into the lower health minion so that he goes in the first spot, and then 2) defeat him so that we go first every round thereafter. I'll be the first to admit that sometimes, with a bit of bad luck, that will allow the big guy to get off his AOE twice (yes, that did happen in this very match), but that is the worst case scenario and that the odds favor getting the lower health mob dead as soon as possible.

Shall we throw this open for discussion?

Torpzun26 is online now Adept Wizard

• Torpzun26's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Cole Duskhaven
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyflamefire View Post
      I just finished a match where there was a player who insisted that we should always target the higher health mob first and defeat him before he can cast his AOE. I countered that we should try to 1) run into the lower health minion so that he goes in the first spot, and then 2) defeat him so that we go first every round thereafter. I'll be the first to admit that sometimes, with a bit of bad luck, that will allow the big guy to get off his AOE twice (yes, that did happen in this very match), but that is the worst case scenario and that the odds favor getting the lower health mob dead as soon as possible.

You target the lower health mob because
      1. They are easier to kill, which instantly halves the enemy side's action economy
      2. In the time that it takes for the high-health mob to build up pips for an AoE, the small form can use its "big attack" multiple times. This is especially true in the Spirit Mayhem where all three Spirit schools have a 2-pip attack that does 250 damage (and the ones that don't tend have have one that does like 200 damage).
      3. Because the low-hp mob can dish out so much damage so quickly, it can and will wipe out whichever player it is targeting quickly. And then you need to call for help, wasting precious time for your entire team. The AoE from the high-health on the other hand, sometimes won't defeat either player. You'd both just go back to base for health, no biggie.

If that player is so scared of AoEs, they should run something Death Rat or Death Pig. They are strong forms for the Mayhem not only because of their damage potential, but because they can very easily get and use a Weakness spell. Storm Wolf is great (obviously - it's the most op Beastform and has been ever since Beastmoon was a thing) for its damage and its ability to stunlock enemies. AoEs, as powerful as they are, are also very easy to predict and neutralizing one will make things much easier on the team (this is more for boss fights than mobs, but it can be helpful at times).

Pegasus Unbound is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Pegasus Unbound's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Nathaniel
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dragons and MORE Dragons.

Mood:
      Sad2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Unhappy Re: Beastmoon Monster Mayhem, thru Nov. 22nd.

I am pretty sure you are talking about an in-game conversation I was having with another player in a recent game.

I don't think you are reporting the full situation and content, so I will explain what was happening.

First, I have said it MANY times, there is no singular hard rule on strategy except to pick your spells fast and get to the next battle even faster.

The full context of that situation was not about the monster with highest health, but the combination of one that had a serious AOE that with juts one blade could wipe an entire team out IF they got 5 pips. In this instant/game that same monster (the myth trengil) was paired with the balance eel that gives pips to its "partner" (95% of the time on the first round). This gave the Trengil the full ability to wipe out the team in 2-3 rounds. It was, in my opinion, a valid reason to consider and respect another team members suggestion to "adjust and adapt" IF that is what they felt best.

No singular person can dictate every single rule or strategy to other players; to think you can, or have that right without having ALL the facts and being sure to represent them in your "discussion" is just unfair.

99% of the time, I prefer to have the team go after the weakest enemy first to reduce the incoming damage, BUT there is and always be that 1% need to consider and even try a different strategy...This case you want to "discuss" about was that 1%.

Please, you have a lot of knowledge of the game, but you do not have ALL the knowledge and need to be sure you understand all the facts AND have a respect for others who have a different approach. Hiding your attack behind a "discussion" is too similar to a shaming attempt that was done to another member of our community recently.

It saddens me to see such talent and skill turn away from the basic concept of Teamwork; that concept being to work as a team, don't judge others in the team and most important be sure you know all the facts and are open to others suggestions..."There is no 'I' in teamwork".

Phenoixblizzard is online now Adept Wizard

• Phenoixblizzard's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Amber DragonBlossom
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fern
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mega Snow Beast
      ----

Mood:
      Sleepy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I did Beastmoon matches all afternoon/evening yesterday and got pretty close to beating the third wave a few times. I know one person was pretty mad that our replacements didn't make it to spiral in time to keep that fight going (though I'd love to know exactly how they wanted them to survive a life boss with pips to spare), but I had to remind them that the spiritual arena is a little more difficult than the elemental arena. On the bright side, I only had one team where someone had connection issues (I think so anyway, they weren't moving/communicating at all). Bad news is, I suffered server issues this morning with no warning. Hopefully everyone remembers that connection problems happen during Beastmoon and doesn't get angry at someone "abandoning" the team when they might not mean to.
      Wizards vs Bosses

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Nathaniel
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Type:

Mood:
      Sad2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Cool Re: Beastmoon Monster Mayhem, thru Nov. 22nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Phenoixblizzard View Post
      I did Beastmoon matches all afternoon/evening yesterday and got pretty close to beating the third wave a few times. I know one person was pretty mad that our replacements didn't make it to spiral in time to keep that fight going (though I'd love to know exactly how they wanted them to survive a life boss with pips to spare), but I had to remind them that the spiritual arena is a little more difficult than the elemental arena. On the bright side, I only had one team where someone had connection issues (I think so anyway, they weren't moving/communicating at all). Bad news is, I suffered server issues this morning with no warning. Hopefully everyone remembers that connection problems happen during Beastmoon and doesn't get angry at someone "abandoning" the team when they might not mean to.

Yep, the servers have been a real problem this time around, more so than usual. I suspect it is a result of the test realm which usually messes up the entire game. I would caution that server issues will cause things like the frozen screen, being disconnected or even the most-hated black screen; but when you have someone running around all over the map past battles and such without even trying to help then there is a problem.

I agree, this spirit theme monsters are very difficult, but I also think that is all the more reason to try harder. The ONLY [email protected] sure way to lose, is to not even try. No matter the odds, keep trying as hard as you can until the game is over.

There seems to have also been an increase in arrogant or "soloist" players that don't want to work as a team, and keep asking how do i get events points or how do I get more Lunari; which really demonstrates their motivation as well as a failure to understand you get both from winning the entire event.

Guys, we really need to stop playing the "I know more than you do" game and be open to others knowledge and experience as a team. It is the only way to have any chance when you have players that aren't interested in the game or just looking for points and Lunari.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus Unbound View Post
      I am pretty sure you are talking about an in-game conversation I was having with another player in a recent game.

I don't think you are reporting the full situation and content, so I will explain what was happening.

Please, you have a lot of knowledge of the game, but you do not have ALL the knowledge and need to be sure you understand all the facts AND have a respect for others who have a different approach. Hiding your attack behind a "discussion" is too similar to a shaming attempt that was done to another member of our community recently.

It saddens me to see such talent and skill turn away from the basic concept of Teamwork; that concept being to work as a team, don't judge others in the team and most important be sure you know all the facts and are open to others suggestions..."There is no 'I' in teamwork".
      I don't think it was the two of us in that conversation, because if we were, then you are the one misrepresenting what was said. No mention was made of what form the boss was, or mentioned health except to say 'the one with the highest (or lowest) health.' No one said 'under these circumstances...'

And in my post here I did talk about 'worst case scenario' vs 'the odds.'

So I come here and present both sides. Of course, I express my opinion, but I'm willing to keep an open mind and consider opposing viewpoints; giving both sides the chance to debate the issue in a more leisurely manner and more in depth than could be possible trying to squeeze in short comments in the seconds between rounds of combat.

And I am offended that you characterize that as "Hiding your attack behind a "discussion" is too similar to a shaming attempt that was done to another member of our community recently."

Of course, no one has 'all the answers,' and tactics can change depending on the circumstances. But as Michael Jordan said, "There is in WIN.' Sometimes, people do need to be told 'No, you are wrong.'

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Nathaniel
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Type:

Mood:
      Sad2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Cool Re: Beastmoon Monster Mayhem, thru Nov. 22nd.

I don't think it was the two of us in that conversation, because if we were, then you are the one misrepresenting what was said. No mention was made of what form the boss was, or mentioned health except to say 'the one with the highest (or lowest) health.' No one said 'under these circumstances...'

And in my post here I did talk about 'worst case scenario' vs 'the odds.'

So I come here and present both sides. Of course, I express my opinion, but I'm willing to keep an open mind and consider opposing viewpoints; giving both sides the chance to debate the issue in a more leisurely manner and more in depth than could be possible trying to squeeze in short comments in the seconds between rounds of combat.

And I am offended that you characterize that as "Hiding your attack behind a "discussion" is too similar to a shaming attempt that was done to another member of our community recently."

Of course, no one has 'all the answers,' and tactics can change depending on the circumstances. But as Michael Jordan said, "There is in WIN.' Sometimes, people do need to be told 'No, you are wrong.'

If I misunderstood, you have my apologies.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast