• Steam Gaming
  • Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
        Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer, Lucas LightBright
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Sharing a house between two or more players

The concept is simple: You get the ability to share a single house between multiple players.

To set up the way it looks, the original owner of the house will have the permission to distribute a key to a certain amount of other players, where they too will own the house as well (that house will be in their backpack). Thus, the key is basically permission from the original owner of the house to be able to port to that house as though it were their own. The key will also grant the ability for other players to change different things about the house (with the original owners permission, there will be an on/off switch in settings to allow or restrict players from editing the house). Other players can offer to place an item in their backpack or move an item that's already there or add in a castle magic (however the players will not be able to pick up items that they did not originally own). And then the original owner will be able to survey what changes those players have offered to make, being able to check or cancel the changes that player suggested in making. Once the change has been made, it could be undone/reversed whenever by the original owner but the original owner also cannot pick up items that is not theirs to begin with.

Basically, this is Google Documents with Housing.

Also this would be a great way to establish Guild Houses from Adventure Groups, perhaps using the Adventure Group concept to organize who the original owner of the house is, with the other players in the Adventure Group can be those that receive the house keys to be able to port to the Guild House whenever they feel like it.

I feel like sharing houses has been a dream fantasy for the game for a long long time and I think this method would probably be the best way to establish this idea and the recent updates to Adventure Groups is paving the way for something like this to occur. But it's also in it's preliminary stages of creating, with many errors...

What are your thoughts?

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

PlayerNEntered is offline Initiate Wizard

• PlayerNEntered's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Patrick
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Centurion Sydney
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Coldfire Dragon

Mood:
      PC Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Sharing a house between two or more players

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Windwalker View Post
      The concept is simple: You get the ability to share a single house between multiple players.

To set up the way it looks, the original owner of the house will have the permission to distribute a key to a certain amount of other players, where they too will own the house as well (that house will be in their backpack). Thus, the key is basically permission from the original owner of the house to be able to port to that house as though it were their own. The key will also grant the ability for other players to change different things about the house (with the original owners permission, there will be an on/off switch in settings to allow or restrict players from editing the house). Other players can offer to place an item in their backpack or move an item that's already there or add in a castle magic (however the players will not be able to pick up items that they did not originally own). And then the original owner will be able to survey what changes those players have offered to make, being able to check or cancel the changes that player suggested in making. Once the change has been made, it could be undone/reversed whenever by the original owner but the original owner also cannot pick up items that is not theirs to begin with.

Basically, this is Google Documents with Housing.

Also this would be a great way to establish Guild Houses from Adventure Groups, perhaps using the Adventure Group concept to organize who the original owner of the house is, with the other players in the Adventure Group can be those that receive the house keys to be able to port to the Guild House whenever they feel like it.

I feel like sharing houses has been a dream fantasy for the game for a long long time and I think this method would probably be the best way to establish this idea and the recent updates to Adventure Groups is paving the way for something like this to occur. But it's also in it's preliminary stages of creating, with many errors...

What are your thoughts?
      This NEEDS to be a thing, but they also need to increase the amount of housing we can add, 350 max is NOT enough for some houses. There is so much to do with houses, but they don't do it

I don't like it when people call things impossible, because it usually isn't.
      PlayerN has left

Iridescenci is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Iridescenci's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Saffron Swift/Silver/Spirit/Summer/Soul/Story Song
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  King Sydney
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Spider Golem

Mood:
      Busy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

This could be a pretty awesome thing for community house building concepts. In the avenue of Adventure parties, it would be incredible to have like a "Guild" house (granted Adventure parties are not guilds but secretly need to be).

It's a very unique idea, possibly even niche, but would encourage further socialization. It'd definitely play more into role playing aspects in my book.

If the idea were to ever be implemented, I'd petition for the limits on items to be greatly increased. 500 pet limit indoors, 500 pet limit outdoors, 1,500 item limit indoor/outdoor. Seem extreme? Keep in mind we have nearly 1,000 pet types, not to mention the sheer amount of "feast" items we just received for Thanksgiving that topple over 100+ items (I counted). The house would have to be fairly large to accommodate pet/fish/rare item collectors; I know, at least for me, I need several houses for all the stuff I have going on.

Now that I think about it, maybe just having a humungous house to have in general would be nice for storage lol (limited to one char/account, of course)

Avatar & Sig Credit: Expelliarmus (Blue Nouveau Designs)
      Formerly: bluecrystal5355, Crystal Calligraphy

1234 is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• 1234's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  TaraWillowBreeze(L)KeiraSilverStone(I)FionaDragonFlame(F)SabrinaShadowCaster(D)Samantha(B)Sierra(S)
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Polaris
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dryad

Mood:
      Angelic

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

From the very beginning of the game, I was hoping we could connect our dorm rooms to those of our friends via a central lounge area, and be able to move around between them. Things never did turn out that way, and although I think the player castles are amazing, I feel KI missed the opportunity to build a stronger feeling of community through the housing interface. (Castle Tours can act as a hub of sorts, but it doesn't really give the sense of geographic proximity.)

I must admit I've always been very jealous of the students in Wysteria, who live in those awesome school dorms!

But shared control of dorms or castles sounds like it would require a massive overhaul of the whole system. I'd settle for teleporters designed as doors that players could use to connect their spaces together.