Shy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Death Deckathalon, thru Nov. 15th.

From the Wizard101 website: https://www.wizard101.com/game/news

Death Deckathalon Event!

"We’re at death’s door. Now through Monday, November 15th, battle your way through the Death Deckathalon tower to test your TC-slinging skills, rise up the leaderboard ranks, and win exclusive prizes like the Death Class Pet!"

See the Announcement here: https://www.wizard101.com/game/death...LtELW9FOMRl980

See additional information here: Basic:Death Deckathalon

Dare to catch your best dreams and live them with eyes wide open. Sweet dreams always.
      The DreamCatcher.

sparkyflamefire is offline Adept Wizard

• sparkyflamefire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Death Deckathalon, thru Nov. 15th.

It still just lets me walk out of the tower without the warning about needing to use a credit to re-enter if I have just completed a stage, like it does everywhere else in the tower.

I brought this to @Sparck attention several months ago and he said he would pass it along to the appropriate people for action.

It still isn't fixed.

Edit:

While I'm on the subject, there are a couple of other little glitches I'd like to mention:

I'm supposed to be able to enter the deckathalon tower by pressing "X" or by left-clicking my mouse. I have NEVER been able to enter by clicking my mouse.

The icon of Gamma in the top right corner allows me access special events info. When I'm in a battle in the deckathalon, sometimes it is there, and sometimes it is not. I don't really care one way or the other, but it should be consistent. Here's the proof that sometimes it is still there:

Each of these glitches, by themselves, are relatively minor and don't materially affect gameplay. But together they are reflective of the quality of the product. If something is supposed to happen, or not happen, we shouldn't have to put up with it not working because its "too much trouble to fix when it doesn't materially affect gameplay." That makes it a shoddy product.
      Last edited by sparkyflamefire; 11-12-21 at 11:54:18 AM.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

They also appear to have jiggered with the drop rate for superior runes in the 225 pt reward (Deckathalon Death Rune Pack). As abysmal as the drop rate has been for superior runes when actually battling in the tower, the deckathalon rune packs have been my main source of income for superior runes, averaging 1 per pack in recent events. Today, 5 wizards claimed that reward, and NONE of them got a superior rune of any school. I should be able to finish crafting level 9 decks for every other school with what I already have, but I'm still going to need 8 more superior storm runes to be able to craft the last two level 9 Myth decks.

Just one more disincentive to play.

If I need to defeat 1,000 of something to get a badge, I know that if I keep plugging away, set myself a quota of so many per day, eventually I will get there,

If I need 5 alchemical crystal to craft a piece of dragoon gear, I know that if I keep plugging away by farming the whispering sepulcher for extract, which I can transmute into salts, which I can transmute into crystal, eventually I can get there without having to farm some of those hideous bosses for a CHANCE at a crystal.

But having to farm the very highest upper levels of a deckathalon tower with only an ultra-rare chance of a superior rune, with only a 1 in 7 chance even then of it being the right school rune (sometimes it seems more like 1 in 14 chance for the one school I'm looking for), with no way to craft the right school rune out of what you do have (I have over 1,000 regular storm runes, and over 100 enhanced storm runes, and 30 or more superior runes each of some of the other schools), and now I can't count on getting at least some superior runes out of the rune packs, even an endless grinder like me will eventually throw in the towel because it just ain't gonna happen.

This coming from someone who has max'd out fishing and monstrology experience, who has Undead Executioner and Pockets Full of Animus, who has every Karamelle Badge that isn't BUGGED.

Someone who has crafted at least a level 8 deck for every wizard for every school, with 2 wizards having a level 9 deck for every school and 1 wizard having a level 10 deck for every school.

Someone who has crafted a complete set of all 7 pieces of Dragoon gear (knowing that they'll never use some of those pieces) for 4 different wizards, for no reason other than it gave me something to do while knowing that I could do it if I just kept plugging away at it.

I think I read somewhere that you're trying to make it less grindy.....

And I need EIGHT of the &$%#@! things.
      Last edited by sparkyflamefire; 11-12-21 at 3:43:13 PM.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

My most impressive run of the event: Running 1 through 7.2 on 1 credit. Maybe not too impressive to you, but except for 4 seraph and a blizzard (just clearing a TC out of my library to fill up my deck) I had nothing bigger than a Nature's wrath. No blade or trap, and though I had a few healing spells I didn't have to use any of them. I even had 3 unused shields at the end - I laughed at their DOTs,

My advantages - a level 10 deck (The reason I laughed at their DOTs), and a pet that had 3 healing talents (and wasn't afraid to use them) and will cast leaf storm.

I might have had a chance to complete stage 7 altogether, but in 7.2 one of the bad guys got 40 points of heal from a ghoul the turn before my third leaf storm of the battle. He survived with 32 points, and I had to use one of my last 2 nature's wraths to finish him off. I just didn't have enough punch left after that to defeat a bad guy with over 2100 health. 3 leaf storm + 1 nature's wrath wouldn't quite do it, even if the bad guy didn't put any weaknesses on me.

Edit:

Oh, and no minion, either.

And I did get a superior life rune drop in one of the stage 6 battles. What few drops I got in battle were all superior life runes. Wish I had gotten all superior storm rune drops when we were in the myth decathalon.

By the way, Tuesday when I was claiming the 10-point rewards for all my wizards, one of them did get a superior balance rune along with the death deck. Go figure. Hey, it was the last SBR I needed to be able to craft a level 10 deck for my #2 wizard, so I'm not complaining.
      Last edited by sparkyflamefire; 11-15-21 at 9:29:01 PM.