•  Dragons and MORE Dragons.

Mood:
      Woot

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Cool Another Halloween has passed

It's 10pm, and the hoards of kids are finally thinning out.

We have gone through about 1,000 pieces of candy, and many shrieks and laughs as they worked their way through the spooky displays and decorations.

The 8' tall, 3 headed dragon with moving wings guarded the yard while the giant black cat protected his "dinner" under the sheet with its head and feet sticking out from under the sheet.

The 6 foot wide spider with glowing eyes and kaleidescope colors shining from its body watched from its webbing all over the yard.

The 3 animatronic witches stirred their cauldron quoting Shakespeare and the Graveyard "keeper" loomed over the area with his lantern and holographic eyes.

All the while fog swirled around with strobe lights, black lights and spooky sounds and music hiding the trip plate that (when stepped on) launched a giant hairy spider into action as it jumped at the people walking on their way for the treats and rewards for being brave.

Soon, the lines of kids (Of ALL ages) will be done with their night of treats and adventures and it will be time for everything to be put away until next year.

But the real magic is the happy memories, smiles and scares that we will all share for many years to come.

Each year, I expand the show and displays to give people more surprises and make them wonder and look forward to what will be next.

For me, Halloween isn't about "evil" or other judgmental thoughts. It is a time to pretend and "escape", even if for just a moment in time, that we are something else that what we are "expected" to be or the troubles of the world. A time to just have fun and let ourselves relax. Most important, it is a special time that we "adults" get to share with the "kids" and just let loose...no judgements or other such silly things. Few things can match the sheer pleasure as we watch our kids "be brave" all for the sake of a treat...and see the secret smile of power as they realize it really wasn't so scary after all.

Perhaps that is the best part; the realization that no matter how scary something might seem at the time, if we stand up to our fears...there will be a reward at the end of the challenge. What a great life lesson that is, and it one we really should embrace.

Now it's time to start getting things ready for the Christmas/Holiday decorations that will start going up after Thanksgiving. I try to represent as many different views/faiths/cultures as I can to make sure all people get the respect they deserve as we celebrate yet another special time. A time when people from all walks of life, culture, belief can join together in one single voice to celebrate what we can be in our finest hour if we can just embrace the true meaning of "Peace on earth, and good will to not just men but to all people".

So, how was YOUR Halloween? What memories will you take with you into the future? What things did you do?

Also, I would love to know what your plans are for the special Holiday times coming up.

Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer, Lucas LightBright
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Another Halloween has passed

Hung out with @Crystal Calligraphy and our palz. Irl though, I read the Dune Graphic Novel (probably gonna see the movie at some point but haven't decided on anything since I could just rent it out from the library when it comes to bluray) and bought apples form the Stop and Shop. Idk not much Halloween this year but I don't usually go very festive anyways and don't really get invited to any of those crazy house parties most people my age go to, not that I would be interested as those types of wild parties are too hectic for my lazy-chilling existence. I just way lay back and relax........... too cold outside anyways lol

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

KingNothing is offline Legendary Wizard

• KingNothing's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Chris Fireheart
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Gloomy Eye
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

We live out in the east Texas country now, so we do not get any trick or treaters. Our kids are all grown up and really do not do any trick or treating either. Our youngest went into town to a friends house to carve pumpkins and give out candy, but as for us we really didn't do much. Watched the football game and had a nice home cooked meal.
      “Maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Hemdale.”

AluraMist is offline Wiki Master

Mood:
      Shy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Your Halloween display and decorations sound "awesome". And I love the many thoughts that you shared about the Holiday. We don't go all out for decorations. We have just a few to let the trick-or-treaters know that we have goodies for them. We do go all out with the treats -- a variety of full-size candy bars and packs (Skittles, Starburst, Snickers, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, just to name a few). And every year the younger kids react -- "Wow. Real big ones, and we get to pick too!" This year, even the adults and parents were more into the dressing up than usual. We even had two "drive-by" visits on trailers with a full display (like in a Rose Parade) from Michael Myers and Pennywise the Clown! We had ~240 visitors, which is close to normal here. Glad to see the weather held out too. Usually we have to set up the portable fire pit to keep warm, but didn't need it this year. I think that with all that is going on these days, everyone was anxious to come out to have some fun. Good times all around!
      Dare to catch your best dreams and live them with eyes wide open. Sweet dreams always.
      The DreamCatcher.

Cosmos is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Cosmos's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Colin Willowwraith
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Grizzleheim
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Sea Dragon
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Stuffing my face full of kit kats and snickers is all I did. It's my no-excuses, universal cheat day. I'm still recovering. Not my most glorious Halloween moment to be honest.

I also finished writing a little something something. Shameless self-promotion.
      Last edited by Cosmos; 11-1-21 at 7:50:22 PM.
      Come back alive. It'd be an awfully empty galaxy without you. - Garrus Vakarian // I also write my own stuff ~

Pegasus Unbound is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Pegasus Unbound's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Nathaniel
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dragons and MORE Dragons.

Mood:
      Woot

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Cool Re: Another Halloween has passed

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post
      Stuffing my face full of kit kats and snickers is all I did. It's my no-excuses, universal cheat day. I'm still recovering. Not my most glorious Halloween moment to be honest.

I also finished writing a little something something. Shameless self-promotion.
      Good story! I really enjoyed it. About the kit kats, for me it was twix and 3 muskateers in between running back and forth for the "kiddies".