Mood:
      Awesome

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Polaris and beyond, what to farm for?

Hello fellow myth wizards. I am about to start Polaris. I have never taken any wizard beyond Polaris, so I am a bit in the dark. What gear is worth pausing to farm for on my way through the rest of the worlds? I currently have Rattlebones and Malistaire gear, along with pack-boots. Morganthe amulet, Yvgeny athame, and Alpha Omega ring. Darkmoore crafted triangle deck.

Any insight into what might be worth a quick grind would be helpful. I am not trying to race to the end of the game, so I don't mind grinding a bit for gear that will make me a better asset for whatever teams I will join along the way.

Thanks!

Torpzun26 is online now Journeyman Wizard

• Torpzun26's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Cole Duskhaven
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Polaris and beyond, what to farm for?

You might want to return to Darkmoor and farm the plant boss for the Law of Kan Davasi Band. I personally think it's much better than the A&O Ring and still use it as part of my endgame gear.

Polaris doesn't offer too much for a gear upgrade. I would mention the shoes from the Rat but your pack shoes are most likely better. You could farm him for Yolok's Ampul of Observation if you want to sacrifice your Mythblade Item Cards for more defense, but this is probably not a great idea.

Other than that, you can farm Omen for a deck upgrade. Luphilim's Legend Cards offers you better stats than the Darkmoor deck, though you will start to see the maximum copies stat diminish. Shouldn't be an issue in PVE.

Mirage also is pretty sparse on gear. If the Time Warden Galesh of Reason is better than your pack boots, then go ahead and grab them from Shadowbones. If you want to sacrifice pip chance for a more damaging ring, you may wanna farm the Verboten Mimic for the Drake Ancestral Signet.

Things get spicier once you're in Empyrea. You'll most likely wanna swap out your robe for the Quixotic Light Brigade Armor from Corporal Tenni'syn. Almost everyone in the first half (pre-Medulla) will drop a glass cannon hat and boots. Once you're in the second half, feel free to farm the various bosses in the Husk for more new gear. Such as this deck from the Arachna Magna Magus, yet another hat and boots from the Luphilim boss there, and a ring from another by-then familiar face.

And then it's onto the Catacombs. Most people just farm King Detritus to craft all the gear that they want from there. You can buy all the recipes from Zasha EmberForge You'll want the Dragoon hat, boots, and amulet. Depending on your playstyle you may also want to get the athame or ring.

Karamelle's gear is pretty much just a slight variant on Dragoon gear. You may or may not find it useful, and if you do it'll be pieces like the Athame or whatever.

There's one gear slot that isn't really worth farming for in any of these worlds, and that's the wand. If you or a friend has the Sinbad Gauntlet, farm it for the Kapudan's Grappling Hook. Unfortunately there aren't very many good free-to-play wands at this stage of the game, but if you can't get the Sinbad wand I guess you could just use the Baba Yaga's Focused Mace that you can craft in the Arcanum.
      Last edited by Torpzun26; 10-29-21 at 2:43:58 PM. Reason: I STILL can't format this. I have forgotten how links work

RookieRecurve is offline Master Wizard

• RookieRecurve's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Ian Lionstalker
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Many

Mood:
      Awesome

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Torpzun26 View Post
      You might want to return to Darkmoor and farm the plant boss for the Law of Kan Davasi Band. I personally think it's much better than the A&O Ring and still use it as part of my endgame gear.

Polaris doesn't offer too much for a gear upgrade. I would mention the shoes from the Rat but your pack shoes are most likely better. You could farm him for Yolok's Ampul of Observation if you want to sacrifice your Mythblade Item Cards for more defense, but this is probably not a great idea.

Other than that, you can farm Omen for a deck upgrade. Luphilim's Legend Cards offers you better stats than the Darkmoor deck, though you will start to see the maximum copies stat diminish. Shouldn't be an issue in PVE.

Mirage also is pretty sparse on gear. If the Time Warden Galesh of Reason is better than your pack boots, then go ahead and grab them from Shadowbones. If you want to sacrifice pip chance for a more damaging ring, you may wanna farm the Verboten Mimic for the Drake Ancestral Signet.

Things get spicier once you're in Empyrea. You'll most likely wanna swap out your robe for the Quixotic Light Brigade Armor]Quixotic Light Brigade Armor from Corporal Tenni'syn. Almost everyone in the first half (pre-Medulla) will drop a glass cannon hat and boots. Once you're in the second half, feel free to farm the various bosses in the Husk for more new gear. Such as this deck from the Arachna Magna Magus, yet another hat and boots from the Luphilim boss there, and a ring from another by-then familiar face.

And then it's onto the Catacombs. Most people just farm King Detritus to craft all the gear that they want from there. You can buy all the recipes from Zasha EmberForge You'll want the Dragoon hat, boots, and amulet. Depending on your playstyle you may also want to get the athame or ring.

Karamelle's gear is pretty much just a slight variant on Dragoon gear. You may or may not find it useful, and if you do it'll be pieces like the Athame or whatever.

There's one gear slot that isn't really worth farming for in any of these worlds, and that's the wand. If you or a friend has the Sinbad Gauntlet, farm it for the Kapudan's Grappling Hook. Unfortunately there aren't very many good free-to-play wands at this stage of the game, but if you can't get the Sinbad wand I guess you could just use the Baba Yaga's Focused Mace that you can craft in the Arcanum.
      Outstanding response! Thanks so much for this. I am surprised that the Aphrodite II ring escaped my scrutiny. That is indeed a superior ring. There seems to always be someone looking to team up against that dungeon, so that shouldn't be too hard to find a team. Thanks for taking the time to put together such a comprehensive list. I will definitely be referring back to your post to help guide me as I level up.

Oxnhorse is offline Magus Wizard

• Oxnhorse's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Timothy Pearlflower
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Master Heidi
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armor

Mood:
      Sporty

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

There is a thread on Central called BEST FARMABLE/CRAFTABLE GEAR.

I'm not sure if the guy has upgraded his page, but the page gives ideas on the best universal stat gear used in the game.

Best Athame/Sword in game I know of is BLADE OF THE FELLED TITAN for Cronus in Tartarus. Best ring from the Gladiator under Olympus in the Noxii Pit is ALPHA AND OMEGA RING.

Most of my wizards have their wands from Malistaire in Darkmoor, that have the highest rate of piercing for your school.

One thing you also need to consider, is that most of your wands, rings, athames, pets and decks have jewel sockets.

You tear will add additional health or mana, which will be added into your stats.

The round ones add stuff like critical damage or defense, as well as other damage stats.

The Triangle jewel adds accuracy for casting spells, can be on gear and decks.

The Square jewel is about universal or school defense.

The Star jewel is about whatever kind of stat you put on your pet.

Its up to your playing style with the jewel socketing, but I would advise making a determination at some point about what your overall gear set will be and place the best stats on that gear.

For example, say my Death named Talon has a deck with a triangle jewel that adds +10 accuracy Onyx going into a fight and is rewarded with a +12 Accuracy Onyx. I will click on the existing jewel, SHATTER it and AFFIX the new jewel, because it helps the accuracy of your casting.

I do this with 6 wizards and am constantly upgrading my stats, until I find better gear.

Oxnhorse

Zarin64 is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Zarin64's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Corwin Swiftcatcher
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Various
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Polar Cat, Red Ghost, Enchanted Armament, Pixie Queen 57 (Card)

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Oxnhorse View Post
      There is a thread on Central called BEST FARMABLE/CRAFTABLE GEAR.

Best Athame/Sword in game I know of is BLADE OF THE FELLED TITAN for Cronus in Tartarus. Best ring from the Gladiator under Olympus in the Noxii Pit is ALPHA AND OMEGA RING.
      Oxnhorse
      No-no-no, best Athame is from either Morganthe or Yevgeny at that level, and the OP already has that. The ring is good (and again, the OP has it), but, as @Torpzun26 pointed out, can be upgraded by farming the plant boss in the Graveyard. The challenge is to find a willing team with a good (read: quick) battle plan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torpzun26 View Post
      Things get spicier once you're in Empyrea. You'll most likely wanna swap out your robe for the Quixotic Light Brigade Armor from Corporal Tenni'syn. Almost everyone in the first half (pre-Medulla) will drop a glass cannon hat and boots.
      I'm curious if farming Corporal Tenni'syn has become easier - he was quite a problem before. Any well-known combat plans for him?

As for "glass cannon" level 125 hat and boots - totally agree, they are a very good intermediate step before level 130. I like farming Secret Tunnel for those, with an occasional bonus Evil Magma Peas, Couch Potatoes (they drop so much there I've started feeding them to pets - no joke!), Flying Squid Ink for the crafters, etc. Two mini-boss (elites) and one easy boss fight with insane amount of drops, not restricted to your school - so you can farm for other wizards on your account, similar to Morganthe's amulets.

Secret Tunnels used to be accessible to lower levels by porting to your friend there - not sure how it is now, but they are easily doable for "lower" (pre-Empyrea) levels. If you are dual boxing, it can be useful for the side account wizards as well, especially the seeds (EMP, CP, Sword Fern, not to mention a myriad of simpler ones).
      My wizards: Corwin Swiftcatcher (Death), Alexandra Winterflower (Ice), Darby Firebreeze (Fire), Katie Wildheart (Storm), Heather (Life), Sarah LionHeart (Myth).

Torpzun26 is online now Journeyman Wizard

• Torpzun26's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Cole Duskhaven
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Zarin64 View Post
      I'm curious if farming Corporal Tenni'syn has become easier - he was quite a problem before. Any well-known combat plans for him?
      He should be easier now that Sirens and Glowbug Squall no longer remove Blades, meaning that he no longer can remove Blades from anyone who isn't his target. The Scion spells are also very good here since he doesn't have any minions to take care of. I think the best plan is to get two sets of Stun Blocks on a Myth wizard, blade them up, and have them use their Scion. Have someone with a TC Pierce in case he casts Myth Shield. However, Myth Scion is slated to be adjusted once the fall update hits (needs 4+ Traps instead), which can be more easily countered by his mass Trap Removal spell, but with tri-traps and Indemnity (I don't remember if he bypasses Indemnity with that spell) it should be easy to stop that from being too much of an issue.
      Last edited by Torpzun26; 10-29-21 at 5:24:13 PM.

Oxnhorse is offline Magus Wizard

• Oxnhorse's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Timothy Pearlflower
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Master Heidi
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armor

Mood:
      Sporty

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

No-no-no, best Athame is from either Morganthe or Yevgeny at that level, and the OP already has that. The ring is good (and again, the OP has it), but, as @Torpzun26 pointed out, can be upgraded by farming the plant boss in the Graveyard. The challenge is to find a willing team with a good (read: quick) battle plan.
      I tried the Aphrodite II with a group of people and we all used up our potions and even utilized the wisps in Darkmoor to get full health and mana; and we still got beat by the overgrown weed.

All the stressful fights with the Gladiator and Cronus in comparison is easier to handle. My Fire got his athame in the Graveyard the first battle he was in after several runs for Blade of the Felled Titan and honestly, I was glad my Fire never got the Blade in Tartarus, because the Azteca aura is on the Graveyard one.

I think I have gotten a few blades from Aphrodite II, but I prefer to get the Ring, but the chances are rarer to get the upgrade from the Alpha and Omega Ring.

The only wizards that don't have the blade and ring I mentioned, is because I got tired of losing out, that I moved on to other worlds to find lesser gear.

Oxnhorse

Zarin64 is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Zarin64's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Corwin Swiftcatcher
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Various
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Polar Cat, Red Ghost, Enchanted Armament, Pixie Queen 57 (Card)

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Oxnhorse View Post
      I tried the Aphrodite II with a group of people and we all used up our potions and even utilized the wisps in Darkmoor to get full health and mana; and we still got beat by the overgrown weed.
      All the stressful fights with the Gladiator and Cronus in comparison is easier to handle. My Fire got his athame in the Graveyard the first battle he was in after several runs for Blade of the Felled Titan and honestly, I was glad my Fire never got the Blade in Tartarus, because the Azteca aura is on the Graveyard one.
      I think I have gotten a few blades from Aphrodite II, but I prefer to get the Ring, but the chances are rarer to get the upgrade from the Alpha and Omega Ring.
      The only wizards that don't have the blade and ring I mentioned, is because I got tired of losing out, that I moved on to other worlds to find lesser gear.
      Oxnhorse
      Aphrodite: an annoying fight, but nowhere near impossible. It needs a good plan, that's all. I've done it a lot of times with random teams, and a discussion of the strategy before the fight is absolutely crucial. Sometimes getting proper TCs on the right persons is all that's needed for a 4-turn fight. Overall, very doable.

Fights against Gladiator and Cronus are no longer as stressful. Again, a bigger challenge is finding the team, though just two wizards can easily handle them. In fact, Gladiator is easier that way, as there will be just one minion, meaning no chain stuns.

Yevgeny is so extremely easy for any half competent team that farming him for an athame is the best course of action. Morganthe is also very simple - two turns with a team of three was my very recent experience, and only occasional stuns from a Frost Giant could drag that into three... We ran her 7 or so times in a row, and I emerged with two athames. Did not even take an hour. Those bosses are regularly farmed by max wizards, so a simple team up is all you need.
      My wizards: Corwin Swiftcatcher (Death), Alexandra Winterflower (Ice), Darby Firebreeze (Fire), Katie Wildheart (Storm), Heather (Life), Sarah LionHeart (Myth).

RookieRecurve is offline Master Wizard

• RookieRecurve's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Ian Lionstalker
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Many

Mood:
      Awesome

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Aphrodite: an annoying fight, but nowhere near impossible. It needs a good plan, that's all. I've done it a lot of times with random teams, and a discussion of the strategy before the fight is absolutely crucial. Sometimes getting proper TCs on the right persons is all that's needed for a 4-turn fight. Overall, very doable.

Fights against Gladiator and Cronus are no longer as stressful. Again, a bigger challenge is finding the team, though just two wizards can easily handle them. In fact, Gladiator is easier that way, as there will be just one minion, meaning no chain stuns.

Yevgeny is so extremely easy for any half competent team that farming him for an athame is the best course of action. Morganthe is also very simple - two turns with a team of three was my very recent experience, and only occasional stuns from a Frost Giant could drag that into three... We ran her 7 or so times in a row, and I emerged with two athames. Did not even take an hour. Those bosses are regularly farmed by max wizards, so a simple team up is all you need.
      I started farming Aphrodite II for the top-tier ring. I am triple-boxing the fight, and while it takes longer, I know my team is reliable I actually had no idea that there was a second school-specific ring. It is indeed a decent upgrade from Alpha & Omega. It seems that it may be a rare drop, but as Zarin pointed out, this boss can be defeated fairly quickly with a well-organized team. As a bonus, I just might end up getting Sacred Charge on another wizard. Since it is such an excellent ring, I would agree that it appears to be a good ring all the way to end-game, and is therefore worth grinding for. Also as a bonus, since this is a chest-drop, you can flee the battle without any consequence to the drops.