• Steam Gaming
  • Trolling
  • XBox Gaming
  • Youtuber
  • Zombies
        CelestialMoon is offline W101C Tournament Master

• CelestialMoon's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Esmee Fire/Sky/Storm-Blossom, Legendblade, Willoweyes, Mythcaster, Shadow/Legend/Winter-Whisper
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Moon
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Too many to name
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  All different kinds

Mood:
      Cheeky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Spookiest Stories of the Spiral Contest 🎃

If you've navigated the Spiral much, you have most definitely experienced some sort of spooky thrill or maybe a frightening horror. Let's come together and share these events with our fellow wizards in this fun-filled short story contest!

Spookiest Stories of the Spiral Contest

CONTEST RULES
      • Entries must be unique and not copied from other entries.
      • 1 entry per person
      • Entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Central time on October 24th.
      • Each entry must be between 500-750 words in length.
      • Each entry must tell a tale of a spooky happening you encountered as you traversed the Spiral.
      • Message me on my profile or via private message if you have any questions.

PRIZES
      • 1st Place - 20,000 Crowns
      • 2nd Place - 10,000 Crowns
      • 3rd Place - 5,000 Crowns

Good luck everyone!!

Iridescenci is online now Grandmaster Wizard

• Iridescenci's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Saffron Swift/Silver/Spirit/Summer/Soul/Story Song
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  King Sydney
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Spider Golem

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Spookiest Stories of the Spiral Contest 🎃

I had a lot of fun writing this story, I hope it fulfills the spooky scary feeling that we may all feel when this happens to us! I also have screenshots of everything I've spoken of in my album here: http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...?albumid=46360
      You may not understand why I'm linking my album, but once you read the story you will! (536 word count)

Forbidden Enemies
      I run to the sidewalk, just finishing a quick mob fight in the most dangerous world I could be in: Dragonspyre. Spiders, scarecrows, ghouls, and Ambrose-knows-what surrounded me and my mount. But wait, where was my mount? It didn’t appear after I called for it after my fight; what’s going on? I guess I’ll have to do this on my own now, with no companion to help speed things up? I start running onto the sidewalk as I couldn’t wait any longer for my mount; I didn’t want to keep the ghosts of DS waiting for long in their blackened eternity. But suddenly, I heard something that sent shivers around my cap; skitter skitter. I looked behind me and saw nothing, “That’s strange…” I thought. But when I turned back around, I couldn’t believe my eyes; SPIDERS had followed me onto the sidewalk! How is this possible!? Are they breaking all laws of game physics to ensure I don’t turn in my quest?
      Name:  the spiders are coming to get me!.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  92.8 KB

Oh no. It was much worse. No, it couldn’t be…after all this time…NO! My heart dropped, face flushed of its’ color.
      I saw the dreaded red chain, broken, in a button-like icon. My internet had disconnected, and I fell to my knees: “Nooooooooooooooo!”
      A curse that bypasses all laws of reason and magic, the unholiest of all the enemies I could ever face in this world and others. Taming a beast such as this would take luck, fate, and the magical phrase known as “reboot.”
      I would spend years in a constant stand-off with this fiend and its fabled friends, going back and forth with the hexes they would throw my way. Many battles would have to be redone, quests that would take several tries, they even played a prank and dyed my hair blood-red in the middle of a dungeon! The day the entire spiral went dark was probably one of my most frightening. I awoke to night time, everywhere – in my house, in Ravenwood, even my sister character couldn’t believe how dark life had turned. “The end is surely to come, isn’t it?” Silver squeaked. “Let us hope not…” Then Morganthe came, and everything dark continued to spiral. Certain reagents started costing billions of gold, pets would garner negative stats, and the ground began to show the sky.
      If you haven’t seen or heard of any of these horrors, my wish is that you never meet them…for it is only a matter of time before the glitch demons come for you too. Malistaire brought more than just chaotic death magic to the spiral; he wrought horrifying cheats the likes of which were not bound to any laws of nature. After his downfall, it was only a matter of time before Morganthe took a page from his forbidden book and began weaving her own chaotic shadows. Even now, after Morganthe’s downfall and the defeat of so many other troublesome agents, the affects of these unspoken curses continues to ripple throughout the spiral. It has killed off many wizards, given unfair advantages to unruly bosses, and leaves you on the loading screen for eternity. It will take you piece by piece, until there is barely anything left.
      Name:  Picture 2018-09-08 23-25-38.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  295.6 KB

Avatar & Sig Credit: Expelliarmus (Blue Nouveau Designs)
      Lady Cat Ceremony 12/11/21
      Formerly: bluecrystal5355, Crystal Calligraphy

Eric Lionheart is offline Magus Wizard

• Eric Lionheart's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Eric and Katherine Lionheart, Chase and Megan Stormcloud
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Star
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Many
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Many

Mood:
      Apelike

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

The Ghost of Pet Pavilion

I'm about to tell you a story that happen to me, you might find it hard to believe; I still question what I saw but here it goes. I was in the Pet Pavilion several days ago when the strangest thing I've ever seen happened to me. I was on Ambrose realm minding my own business and looking for someone to hatch with when I found myself alone and I decided I'd just wait for more people to occupy the space around me, give it some time I was thinking. Several moments went by and no one showed up. I thought that was odd because it's a busy realm but I didn't worry about the lack of people. I knew they would come at some point.

That is when something strange and eerie started to happen. I kid you not, I was standing there waiting and suddenly this girl appeared out of nowhere next to me but she never came into complete focus. She sort of just appeared and as easily disappeared into thin air. I thought ok that's odd. Then seconds later I found myself still alone and suddenly she appeared near the instruction book on how to hatch a pet and again disappeared just as quickly. I could not interact with her she was simply there then gone again.

She had on a white and blue hat that slouched about on her head. She wore a blue dress and a pair of shoes that matched. I got a clear good look at her but I couldn't interact with her at all and again she disappeared. I started to feel strange standing there alone and her appearing and disappearing twice now but then it happened again and this time she was right in front of my face. Just as swiftly as she appeared she disappeared again. Could this be the Ghost of Pet Pavilion? Was I being haunted? What was going on?

You all have heard the tale right? I was told this story when I was younger and my friends and I would run our house dungeons. The story was about a young girl that loved pet hatching but always ended up getting failed pet talents on her babies. She would hatch her pets over and over and always have high spirits they would succeed but then at adult, ancient, and mega they would take a stray talent and she'd have to go back to the beginning again. This kept happening. They say her spirit roams the realms repeating all the steps she took in life trying to make the perfect pet. Could that be who I was seeing? I wondered what was her name. Has anyone else seen her ghost? I should have taken a photo, I was not thinking of that though when she appeared. I was more concerned with the fact that I couldn't interact with her at all and she kept appearing and disappearing. I wondered am I the only one that has seen her this year or are there others? If you have seen this ghost or heard of this story please share your experience.

Thanks for reading. Good luck to everyone in the contest!

(*PS- while this did actually happen to me and it was eerie I am pretty sure the story I was told was made up by my friends because I was hatching all the time or was it?)
      Last edited by Eric Lionheart; 10-21-21 at 10:30:52 PM.

----------------------------------------------------------

~Kristen~ is offline Legendary Wizard

• ~Kristen~'s Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  RoseThorn ShadowWeaver FairyFriend WillowSmith FrostFlower UnicornRider Stardust
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Moose
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Maple Moose

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

Do you remember the urban legend of the Ghost Girl?

It took the word of just one brave soul who had come face to face with the specter while home alone on a dark midnight encounter to begin a winter long search for what wizards began calling “the Ghost Girl”. Photomancy didn’t exist back then, so it took word of mouth and whispers around the bazaar to get people talking about the sighting. And word traveled fast.

I first learned about the Ghost Girl during a conversation I overheard while lounging by the Commons tree in the winter of 2012. The Yuletide spirit (ha) was still lingering in the air, so a haunting was the last thing I expected to hear...unless you are a Necromancer and go by the name of Ebenezer Scrooge. As a myth wizard, I knew I immediately had to find this legend myself.

I had spent many a night with my friends in the drafty cave system of the Pyramid of the Lost Horizon, hoping for just a quick glimpse of her. We brought tatami floor mats and red pillows to camp out with. We would pace the area counting down to midnight, waiting for someone to catch her out of the corner of our eyes. Her pale pallor and matching stark white Hermit’s robe should have been easily spotted amongst the dark volcanic clay of the Pyramid of the Lost Horizon caves. Some say she dons a Rogue’s Cowl, while others have sworn they’ve seen the eyes of a Darkwraith’s Hood staring back at them through the embedded gemstones on the wall. But when they turn the corner to see her fully….nothing.

Some have reported sightings of a white boot just narrowly rounding the corner as they do. Otherwise, when she appears she stands as still as a statue. And when you do happen to catch her, don’t expect much conversation. Those who have spoken to her say she only speaks in Menu Chat phrases.

The skepticism amongst members of the Wizard City community was persistent. Some claimed she was, in fact, just a Selena Gomez statue someone had mistaken. Or they insisted the sighting was just a glitch, or a falsehood, or a magical edit, or just a Female Mannequin decoration item. It’s even possible that a few of the skeptics were trying to cover up for Angelica Windspar the Castle Tours agent, as the Pyramid of the Lost Horizon was a new piece of real estate and ghastly press was the last thing they needed for their estate sales. Many tried to reach out to KingsIsle themselves, but even those in charge refused to acknowledge the incident. They claimed they couldn’t discuss “spoilers”, which fueled believers in their hunt for the Ghost Girl even further. What were they trying to hide?

This winter will be the 10th anniversary of her first sighting. Those who claim to have seen her have since fizzled from our memories. But the mystery still stands. I myself wasn’t a firm believer at the time, being an owner of the Pyramid and not having seen anything….. until I found the discarded DarkWraith Hood.

(527 words)

<b><font color=#696969><a href=http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/images/signaturepics/sigpic104836_8.gif target=_blank>http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...ic104836_8.gif</a></font></b>
      {Avatar byAloveh}{Signature by David1822}

myerstl is offline Novice Wizard

• myerstl's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Rowan Darkwraith
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Mirage
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cooper
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Cheerful

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Here's another one, loved reading the others!

The Curse of Vanishing

My favorite thing to do in the Spiral is run around with my friend Alric and his Avenging Fossil, Jasper. (Who has some seriously sweet dance moves. The dino, not my friend.) They both happen to be extremely handy in a fight, so that’s what we often do. One perfectly normal day in the Spiral, we wander off to who knows where to fight who knows what. We’ve done this so often that we’ve long since lost track of who we’re fighting or where we happen to be fighting at the moment. This particular day was no different than any other. Bright and cheerful, fights going well, loot stacking up, Zeke yelling at us to clean out our backpacks, Alric tossing out truly terrible puns (which generally mean he’s pleased with how things are going and is at peace with the world at large).
      Until suddenly he isn’t. Just isn’t. I’m waiting for him to toss out a spell to back me up, and he doesn’t. I look over to where he is, and he isn’t.

“Hey, dude, did you flee on me?,” I ask, ready to lay on the guilt.

A disembodied voice answers from out of the nether. “No, what the heck happened to me?”

I nearly jump out of my skin, heart racing, blood pounding in my ears. “What do you mean, ‘What happened to you’? Quit messing around and get back in the game!”

The voice returns, distant and far off, as though it’s echoing through a tunnel. “I can’t. I can’t do anything. I can’t feel anything, anything at all. I can’t even see myself.” I can hear his voice start to quaver as fear takes hold.

This does nothing for my racing heart, which somehow jolts into a higher gear. “Throw a spell. Magic your way out of this like we always do.”

His voice is frantic. “I can’t. I can’t do anything.”

“Flee and come back. I’ll hang on as long as I can.” I’m digging out every wizarding strategy I know to try and bring my friend back, desperately trying to ignore the little voice in the back of my mind saying it won’t be enough.

“I can’t. I can’t do anything. I can barely see you anymore.” The minutes slip by. His voice grows desperate. “Save me. Bring me back.”

I’m staring at a deck I don’t see, shaking so hard I can’t still the cursor to make a choice. Not that it matters, for the enemies on the other side of the circle are not the threat that matters, and I don’t have a spell for this. The invisible threat, the one that has depixelated my friend and will undoubtedly come for me, is the only one that means anything. I can feel the vise of terror crushing my chest as I desperately wonder, “How do I save myself? How do I save Alric? How do I save Jasper? Which spell do I use against this unseen nightmare?”

A million thoughts flash through my mind, all of them useless. “Alric? Alric!” I get no answer. I go numb with the certainty that I cannot avoid this fate.

No! No! I can’t see my feet! It’s got me! Noooooo! I’m being DEVOURED!

BlueflameDragontamer is offline Novice Wizard

• BlueflameDragontamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Sierra dragonshield
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  DragonSpyre
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Spike
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Rescue Rover

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Haunted Cabal House

Remind me why I agreed to this again? I asked. Hoo! You knew we needed to clear out any Cabal houses so no citizens find their artifacts – weren’t you paying attention during the meeting with the Council of Light? Gamma said dubiously. *Cough* Oh, um, yeah. I replied, knowing full well I hadn’t; I had been thinking about my plans for Halloween – which were obviously cancelled, for instead of trick-or-treating, I was walking in the cold through Dark Cave with Gamma to go clear out Duncan Grimwater’s old apartment – and of course he had to put a hex on his house allowing entry only on Halloween.
      They approached the deep purple door covered in miniature white and silver skulls. “Oh that’s encouraging.” I muttered. “We got this.” He said confidently. I took a breath before grabbing the remarkably cold door handle before entering the dark house. I created some light from my staff and we looked around. “There is magic here.” Gamma hooted softly. I cautiously walked forward. We glanced in some empty rooms before approaching a door at the end of the hall. I grabbed the door and swung it open and felt a palpable chill come over me. I took a step in and raised my staff and felt a chill go down my spine. At the end of the room was a statue of Malistaire with many partially melted candles surrounding it. “He still idolized Malistaire even after his crimes and his death.” I whispered before nearing to look at the odd symbols painted on the floor and jars surrounding them in front of the statue. I narrowed my eyes as I looked at a jar with an unfamiliar symbol and reached for it. “Don’t touch it!” Gamma screeched suddenly - startling me – and I knocked the jar over. A sludge black as night dripped out. “Oh shoot.” I backed away quickly as it began doubling in size over and over before it began taking a humanoid shape and turning transparent into a pale form of Duncan. Gamma gave a hoot of fear. “Shhh!” I said. I looked back at Duncan with growing apprehension as a evil smile grew on the former student’s face
      “Well, aren’t I lucky? I didn’t think the brainless Council of light would send you to pillage my home, I will get my revenge for me, for Malistaire, and for the Cabal.” His form darkened to a deep violet and grew rapidly once more, eyes flaring to a glowing red. “Run little wizard.” He hissed before swiping one of his hands at me, throwing me into a cabinet with a bang I dodged to the side at the next swipe and ran to get to Gamma. “Look out!” Gamma warned as I dove to the side again, hearing another crash. “What happened to Duncan?!” Gamma shouted. “It isn’t Duncan, it is a shade, a reflection of him – none of his soul or anything!” I yelled back as I backed away with Gamma behind me. “Unfortunately, that means he will have no regrets killing us!” I added as they dodged again. “What’s the plan?!” He shouted. I spotted the door. “Yeah, RUN!” I quickly summoned a Storm Lord which promptly reached over and grabbed Duncan and shocked him. I bolted with Gamma down the hall. “He won’t be stunned long!” I yelled over my shoulder, we yanked the door open and lunged out before slamming it closed.
      I panted as I braced herself against the door with Gamma wheezing next to me. “I d-don’t suppose you k-know a spell to levitate the house and throw it off into the Spiral?” I asked Gamma. “Nope.” “Well-“ The door bucked and creaked as something heavy hit the door. I looked at Gamma wide eyes. “Settle for an enchanted lock?” “You read my mind.” He hooted anxiously. “Go get it quickly!” I said in a strained voice. “Hang on!” He said before flying away into the distance. The door bucked again; the sound of splintering wood and a roar rang in the air. “I knew I should have gone trick-or-treating!”

Thanks for the contest!
      Last edited by BlueflameDragontamer; 10-24-21 at 8:58:11 PM.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Esmee Fire/Sky/Storm-Blossom, Legendblade, Willoweyes, Mythcaster, Shadow/Legend/Winter-Whisper
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Moon
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Too many to name
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  All different kinds

Mood:
      Cheeky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Thank you participants!

Results will be posted and prizes handed out by the end of the week!

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Moon
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Too many to name
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  All different kinds

Mood:
      Cheeky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

WINNERS!!

Congrats to the winners of this contest!

1st Place - Chrystal Calligraphy
      2nd Place - ~Kristen~
      3rd Place - BlueflameDragontamer

Runners Up - myerstyl & Eric Lionheart