Mood:
      Woot

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Cool Re: New Pet:Tentacula

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Sparck View Post
      Pet collectors! Any tips on the best house for a 'pet showcase'? I want to start one.
      This is a bit of a "dream wish" but here goes...

I have always wanted to have a special house created dedicated mainly to pets. The main issue is to boost the number of pets that can be there, perhaps even divide the are into different section/environments with each section having its own individual limit of pets in that area. Example, 5 areas with a 50 pet max per area for 250 pets outside, plus another 50 inside the actual house for a total of 300 pets.

Instead of a dueling circle, how about a pet training game?

To further make this something special. perhaps a portion of the sales from the house can be donated to ASPCA or some other program that helps animals find their Forever Homes. The house could be available yearly all month in April since April 30 is National Pet Adoption Day.

But please, no pet cages! Let them be free and happy!

Bailey Jade is online now Promethean Wizard

• Bailey Jade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat

Mood:
      Crying

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: New Pet:Tentacula

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Sparck View Post
      Pet collectors! Any tips on the best house for a 'pet showcase'? I want to start one.
      I do not have a 'show case' for my pets, being I have over 900 of them.

What I did do was first bought all of the school houses and crafted tons of teleporters. I went to my other wizards to get teleporters as well.

Next, place all my pets on one girl for easy finds.

I then matched up the pets according to what school they are to the school house.

I took it to the next step, by adding more houses for my gift card pets.

I then made a Central Hub aka Dormel Dwelling with signs and color coordinate teleports to all the houses. I do use inside and out.

I have many that are two sets, 1 pets that I had collected and 2 pets that I have worked on.

The pets that I have worked on are place in different homes all together. Any pet that is clean pool max stat is at one home, while all pets that are damage/critical are at another and ward pets are at another.

I have the Botanical Gardens House, this is my "Collection House" I have my rarest pets there along with my treasure card collection and mounts.

Over all the best houses to start a showcase I would say: Arcanum Apartment, Blacksmith's Fjord, Botanical Gardens, Dromel Dwelling, Sun Palace and Wysteria Villa. All have a nice open areas inside and out except the Arcanum Apartment and Dromel Dwelling which have just nice open areas inside, for you to make nice displays for the showcase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus Unbound View Post
      This is a bit of a "dream wish" but here goes...

I have always wanted to have a special house created dedicated mainly to pets. The main issue is to boost the number of pets that can be there, perhaps even divide the are into different section/environments with each section having its own individual limit of pets in that area. Example, 5 areas with a 50 pet max per area for 250 pets outside, plus another 50 inside the actual house for a total of 300 pets.

Instead of a dueling circle, how about a pet training game?

To further make this something special. perhaps a portion of the sales from the house can be donated to ASPCA or some other program that helps animals find their Forever Homes. The house could be available yearly all month in April since April 30 is National Pet Adoption Day.

But please, no pet cages! Let them be free and happy!
      I am all for this! :D
      Last edited by Bailey Jade; 10-9-21 at 10:40:51 AM. Reason: hundred twice lol

Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets

Dylan Windwalker is offline Legendary Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer, Lucas LightBright
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Bailey Jade View Post
      I do not have a 'show case' for my pets, being I have over 900 hundred of them.

What I did do was first bought all of the school houses and crafted tons of teleporters. I went to my other wizards to get teleporters as well.

Next, place all my pets on one girl for easy finds.

I then matched up the pets according to what school they are to the school house.

I took it to the next step, by adding more houses for my gift card pets.

I then made a Central Hub aka Dormel Dwelling with signs and color coordinate teleports to all the houses. I do use inside and out.

I have many that are two sets, 1 pets that I had collected and 2 pets that I have worked on.

The pets that I have worked on are place in different homes all together. Any pet that is clean pool max stat is at one home, while all pets that are damage/critical are at another and ward pets are at another.

I have the Botanical Gardens House, this is my "Collection House" I have my rarest pets there along with my treasure card collection and mounts.

Over all the best houses to start a showcase I would say: Arcanum Apartment, Blacksmith's Fjord, Botanical Gardens, Dromel Dwelling, Sun Palace and Wysteria Villa. All have a nice open areas inside and out except the Arcanum Apartment and Dromel Dwelling which have just nice open areas inside, for you to make nice displays for the showcase.
      11/10 Organization skillz

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Caspeen is offline W101C Tournament Master
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Dylan Windwalker View Post
      Definitely @Caspeen, pet mvp there
      While the Rotten Candy got me to 944 (+27), I'm definitely missing more exclusive and glitch pets (like the Daisy Lumi. and that "other" Bunny Mallow) than a few folks so no, definitely NOT MVP! Also, while @Bailey Jade was a huge help to me when I started to really collect - there's NOTHING about pets she doesn't know - I can't believe no one mentioned MY pet mentor, @sunshine13 We hatched like mad for months and I'm guessing I must've gotten at least 200 if not 300+ pets from her.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparck View Post
      Oh...goodness....this made my knees week.

I realize that @Sparck is asking "the best house" as in, which of the existing houses is the best, but here are my thoughts and yes, gonna give ideas on a FUTURE house because, well, why NOT shoot for the moon?!

• To me, the most important thing bout a "pet showcase" would be to have many separate areas, corrals if you would, to organize your pets vs. one massive space where pets just all mosh together. Take the Botanical Garden - that indoor space is MASSIVE, but it's so easy to have your pets kinda lost in all that space. Or my favorite house, the Everafter Villiage - lots of different areas but the outside is just TOO massive! I agree with @Dylan Windwalker that of the existing houses the Nomad camp is a good one because of all the separated tents, and that one main room that has teleporters to the other area's is great. BUT, for my DREAM house....
      • Take that teleporter room idea and make that space even COOLER by including space for signage in front of each teleporter so we could somehow note which collection is in each space. I don't suspect anyone to understand MY collection categories, but I have some spaces for some obvious categories - dogs, cats, horses, undead, aquatic, rodents, elves, fairies (and sprites), avian pets, deckathalon pets, pigs and piggles, beastmoon pets, dinosaurs, etc - plus some more...creative groupings, like "stabby pets" and "hideous pets" (I'm looking at you, Zorphies and globulins!). Anyway, I don't expect a house to hold EVERY grouping of pets, but the general theme would be like a zoo with separated areas / rooms indoor and outdoor more like a wildlife preserve with different terrains.
      • I've seen some neat houses that put pets on shelves or stands. Maybe a few built in shelves or stands for the really special pets
      • I agree with @KingNothing that 50 pets in and out is NOT enough - it's never been enough! I love @Pegasus Unbound "wish list" idea posted in this thread - brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!
      • @PlayerNEntered is absolutly right - Monstrology guests should be either be a separate category OR counted as housing items, not pets!
      • If you REALLY wanted to make this the most popular house in the game, how about a build a special "bank" that would allow you to pass a pet from one wiz with this special pet house to another wiz with this house without the penalty?
      • @Pegasus Unbound also suggests replacing the Dueling Circle with a Pet training game - YES!! This would be even BETTER if said pet training game was a NEW pet training game, not simply a copy of one from the Pet Pavilion. A really cool game that players would play because it's kinda fun even.
      • OR...and of course some of you have already anticipated where this thread was REALLY going, how about replacing the dueling circle with my Derby Downs idea?! First posted almost 10 years ago (!!!!) and reposted in 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017 and 2018 in detail, the idea is simple - create a house with a customizable derby track! What would be more ideal for a Pet specific house than PET RACING!

Enough ideas, @Sparck? I know you were originally asking about the best "current" house to showcase pets, but hopefully you can take some of the ideas in this thread to really highlight the importance of pets to this game and create a real Pet Themed house.

(And help Derby too because hey, that involves pets!)

Casp
      Last edited by Caspeen; 10-10-21 at 7:40:40 PM.

Bailey Jade is online now Promethean Wizard

• Bailey Jade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat

Mood:
      Crying

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Caspeen View Post
      While the Rotten Candy got me to 944 (+27), I'm definitely missing more exclusive and glitch pets (like the Daisy Lumi. and that "other" Bunny Mallow) than a few folks so no, definitely NOT MVP! Also, while @Bailey Jade was a huge help to me when I started to really collect - there's NOTHING about pets she doesn't know - I can't believe no one mentioned MY pet mentor, @Sunshine. We hatched like mad forlike the Daisy Lumi. and that "other" B months and I'm guessing I must've gotten at least 200 if not 300+ pets from her.

I realize that @Sparck is asking "the best house" as in, which of the existing houses is the best, but here are my thoughts and yes, gonna give ideas on a FUTURE house because, well, why NOT shoot for the moon?!

• To me, the most important thing bout a "pet showcase" would be to have many separate areas, corrals if you would, to organize your pets vs. one massive space where pets just all mosh together. Take the Botanical Garden - that indoor space is MASSIVE, but it's so easy to have your pets kinda lost in all that space. Or my favorite house, the Everafter Villiage - lots of different areas but the outside is just TOO massive! I agree with @Dylan Windwalker that of the existing houses the Nomad camp is a good one because of all the separated tents, and that one main room that has teleporters to the other area's is great. BUT, for my DREAM house....
      • Take that teleporter room idea and make that space even COOLER by including space for signage in front of each teleporter so we could somehow note which collection is in each space. I don't suspect anyone to understand MY collection categories, but I have some spaces for some obvious categories - dogs, cats, horses, undead, aquatic, rodents, elves, fairies (and sprites), avian pets, deckathalon pets, pigs and piggles, beastmoon pets, dinosaurs, etc - plus some more...creative groupings, like "stabby pets" and "hideous pets" (I'm looking at you, Zorphies and globulins!). Anyway, I don't expect a house to hold EVERY grouping of pets, but the general theme would be like a zoo with separated areas / rooms indoor and outdoor more like a wildlife preserve with different terrains.
      • I've seen some need houses that put pets on shelves or stands. Maybe a few built in shelves or stands for the really special pets
      • I agree with @KingNothing that 50 pets in and out is NOT enough - it's never been enough! I love @Pegasus Unbound "wish list" idea posted in this thread - brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!
      • @PlayerNEntered is absolutly right - Monstrology guests should be either be a separate category OR counted as housing items, not pets!
      • If you REALLY wanted to make this the most popular house in the game, how about a build a special "bank" that would allow you to pass a pet from one wiz with this special pet house to another wiz with this house without the penalty?
        [* @Pegasus Unbound also suggests replacing the Dueling Circle with a Pet training game - YES!! This would be even BETTER if said pet training game was a NEW pet training game, not simply a copy of one from the Pet Pavilion. A really COOL game that players would play because it's kinda fun even.
      • OR...and of course some of you have already anticipated where this thread was REALLY going, how about replacing the dueling circle with my Derby Downs idea?! First posted almost 10 years ago (!!!!) and reposted in 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017 and 2018 in detail, the idea is simple - create a house with a customizable derby track! What would be more ideal for a Pet specific house than PET RACING!

Enough ideas, @Sparck? I know you were originally asking about the best "current" house to showcase pets, but hopefully you can take some of the ideas in this thread to really highlight the importance of pets to this game and create a real Pet Themed house.

Casp
      Your so right, @sunshine13 is a awesome collector not to mention @phantomslick7272

Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets

PlayerNEntered is offline Initiate Wizard

• PlayerNEntered's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Patrick
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Centurion Sydney
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Coldfire Dragon

Mood:
      PC Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Casp
      I think they should count as their own entire category like how pets and castle magic does, with it's own limit that doesn't count for the housing one

I don't like it when people call things impossible, because it usually isn't.
      PlayerN has left

Pegasus Unbound is online now Grandmaster Wizard

• Pegasus Unbound's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Nathaniel
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dragons and MORE Dragons.

Mood:
      Woot

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Cool Re: New Pet:Tentacula

While the Rotten Candy got me to 944 (+27), I'm definitely missing more exclusive and glitch pets (like the Daisy Lumi. and that "other" Bunny Mallow) than a few folks so no, definitely NOT MVP! Also, while @Bailey Jade was a huge help to me when I started to really collect - there's NOTHING about pets she doesn't know - I can't believe no one mentioned MY pet mentor, @Sunshine. We hatched like mad forlike the Daisy Lumi. and that "other" B months and I'm guessing I must've gotten at least 200 if not 300+ pets from her.

• I've seen some need houses that put pets on shelves or stands. Maybe a few built in shelves or stands for the really special pets
        [* @Pegasus Unbound also suggests replacing the Dueling Circle with a Pet training game - YES!! This would be even BETTER if said pet training game was a NEW pet training game, not simply a copy of one from the Pet Pavilion. A really COOL game that players would play because it's kinda fun even.

Casp

WOW! So much enthusiasm just goes to show how much the ENTIRE pets issue is to us.

@Caspeen, I am so glad you liked my "wish list" idea. I have been thinking about it for many years and think it would be a great way and incentive to raise funds for various animal shelter/support organizations a couple times a year. Based on this thread, the demand would be almost overwhelming.

I like your Derby idea as well, I see no reason they could not turn the dueling ring into a Derby, and the Game housing items could be used as a foundation and changed into the different pet training games and become collectables themselves. LOL, maybe even offer a Hatching Kiosk housing item.

The serious truth is that there are so very many incredible pet collectors, trainers and experts that it is all but impossible to name them all let alone the countless others who collect just the basics they like.

@Sparck, I hope the evolution of this thread (Especially since your post re-introduced the specialized pet housing issue) will be a MAJOR hint to the Dev's about what direction they need to take a serious look at for the future.
      Last edited by Pegasus Unbound; 10-10-21 at 5:25:31 PM.

Kokyota is offline Adept Wizard

• Kokyota's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Iridian, Neela, Jaz, Jr, Sari
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Way too many to name
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Crazy Creatures

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

@Sparck this is the very reason I would like KI to allow a Wizard to own several of the same castle! I house my mounts and pets on Avalon Plot. I use castle blocks to divide up sections but my set-up is weak compared to @Bailey Jade she rocks! I really need more Avalon Plots (with no pet or mount limits) especially now that I want to get organized like our Bailey Jade!
      Last edited by Kokyota; 10-11-21 at 7:02:39 PM.

PlayerNEntered is offline Initiate Wizard

• PlayerNEntered's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Patrick
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Centurion Sydney
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Coldfire Dragon

Mood:
      PC Gaming

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by <strong>Kokyota View Post
      @Sparck this is the very reason I would like KI to allow a Wizard to own several of the same castle! I house my mounts and pets on Avalon Plot. I use castle blocks to divide up sections but my set-up is weak compared to @Bailey Jade she rocks! I really need more Avalon Plots (with no pet or mount limits) especially now that I want to set organized like our Bailey Jade!
      Have you tried using castle magic to make the blocks bigger, so they take up more space?

I don't like it when people call things impossible, because it usually isn't.
      PlayerN has left

sunshine13 is offline Magus Wizard

• sunshine13's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Fiona Silverblade
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
      ----

Mood: