•  Brave Hound

Mood:
      Shy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Thoughts on "Losing someone ... "

I will share something I have learned over the last 8 yrs. that I have found very helpful. It was in an article that I had found, and I tried to find the location of it, but here is what I have been living by:
      Grandmaís lessons for coping with death
      1. Accept that death is part of life and as such is nothing to fear.
      2. Death is random. We really have little control over who or when. Accept that too.
      3. Love and sharing donít stop with death.
      4. You only really lose somebody if you stop remembering them.
      5. Every new grief is an opportunity to remember all those who have gone before.
      6. Talk about those youíve lost with people who care. Itís good to share your feelings.

7. Make room for the sadness. Then remember the joy.
      8. Take care of your body, and it will take care of you.
      9. Be patient with yourself. Grief takes as long as it takes.
      By MARIE HARTWELL-WALKER, ED.D.

I hope this helps

MzDreamfire is offline Adept Wizard

• MzDreamfire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Elizabeth Nightflame Lv 148, Taylor Thunderider Lv 140, Eliz Darkblood Lv 140
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  (Fire) Rocky, (Storm) Cookie, (Death) Shadow
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  (Fire)Wolfhound,(Storm) Zazzleberry Bear, (Death)Black Cat

Mood:
      Happy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by AluraMist View Post

With all that is going on, I did not know that. My heart aches for you. A lifetime together is never enough. Please know that your friends love you and are here for you.I am sending an Angel to comfort you too. Love and hugs.

Thank you so much for the Angel.
      I've known Tom since I was 16 so it truly almost was a lifetime. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey Jade View Post
      Sending "BIG HUGZZZ"
      Thank you Bailey

Life is short, make every minute count with your loved ones.
      The world is full of magic.
      You just have to believe in it.

AluraMist is offline Wiki Master

Mood:
      Shy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Hi. This is your late loved one speaking. I donít have long, so listen up because I have a lot I want to tell you.

First off, I get it.

Ever since I left this world you have missed me, and I know youíre bracing for the holidays without me. No matter what anyone says, this yearís festivities are going to be really tough.

In fact, letís be honest, this festive season will probably stink like pondwater. But then, Thanksgiving and Christmas are tough holidays for a lot of people. Youíre not alone.

See, the misconception about the holidays is that they are one big party. Thatís what every song on the radio claims. Each television commercial you see shows happy families clad in gaudy Old Navy sweaters, carving up poultry, smiling their perfect Hollywood teeth at the camera. But thatís not exactly reality.

In reality, fifty-eight percent of Americans admit to feeling severely depressed and anxious during November and December. In reality many folks will cry throughout the ďmost wonderful time of the yearĒ.

Well, guess what? Nobody is crying up here in heaven. This place is unreal. There is, literally, too much beauty to take in. Way too much.

For startersóget thisótime doesnít even exist anymore. Which Iím still getting used to.

Right now, for all I know, the calendar year down on Earth could be 1728, 4045, 1991, or 12 BC. It really wouldnít matter up here. This is a realm where there is no ticking clock, no schedule. Up here there is only this present moment. This. Here. Now. Thatís all there has ever been. And there is real comfort in this.

I know this all seems hard to grasp, but if you were here youíd get it.

Also, for the first time Iím pain free. I feel like a teenager again in my body. You probably donít realize how long Iíve lived with pain because I never talked about it, I kept my problems to myself because I was your loved one, and you needed me to be brave.

But pain is a devious thing. It creeps up on even the strongest person, little by little, bit by bit. Until pretty soon, pain becomes a central feature of life.

Sometimes my pain would get so bad it was all I thought about. No, Iím not saying that my life was miserableófar from it. I loved being on earth. Itís just that simply waking up each morning was getting exhausting.

But, you know what? Not anymore. In this new place, I am wholly and thoroughly happy.

But enough about me. I donít have room to describe all the terrific things Iím experiencing, and you donít need to hear them. Right now, youíre grieving, and what you need is a hug.

Which is why Iím writing to you. This is my hug to you. Because youíve lost sight of me. And in fact, youíve lost sight of several important things lately.

Death has a way of blinding us. It reorganizes the way you think, it changes you. You will never be the same after you lose someone. It messes with your inner physiology. It reorganizes youíre neurons.

But then, thereís one teensy little thing youíre forgetting:

Iím still around.

Yes, you read that correctly, Iím right here with you. No, you canít see me. No, you canít reach out and hold me. But did you know that one of the things Iím allowed to do as a heavenly being is hang out with you?

Itís true. Iím never far away. Iím in the room with you now, along with a big cloud of ancestors, saints, and witnesses. Iím shooting the breeze alongside you, watching you live your life, watching you raise your kids, watching your private moments of sorrow.

Here, in this new realm, I am in the perfect position to help you learn things. Which is what I vow to spend the rest of your earthly life doing, teaching you little lessons, lending you a hand when you least expect it, and desperately trying to make you smile. Actually, Iíve already been doing this stuff, you just donít realize it.

What, you donít believe me?

Well, wake up, pal. You know that tingle you get in your spine whenever you think of me? Thatís me.

You know how, just yesterday, you had a beautiful memory when you were driving and it made you cry so hard that it actually felt good and you began to laugh through tears? Also me.

You know how sometimes when youíre all alone, preoccupied with something else, suddenly you get this faint feeling that someone is standing in the room with you? Hello? Me.

Youíre not alone on this earth. You never were. You never will be. So during this holiday season, when cheerful families are getting together and making merry, and taking shots of eggnog, Iím going to be clinging to your shoulder, helping you muddle through somehow.

Iíll be making your spinal column tingle a lot, and Iíll be sending plenty of signs. Each of these signsóevery single oneóis code for ďI love you.Ē So start paying attention to these hints.

Because this was one.
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Dare to catch your best dreams and live them with eyes wide open. Sweet dreams always.
      The DreamCatcher.

Arwen Mythweaver is offline Initiate Wizard

• Arwen Mythweaver's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Alura Frostgiver
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Azteca
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Large Brandy
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Frosty Eye

Mood:
      Breezy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Hi. This is your late loved one speaking. I donít have long, so listen up because I have a lot I want to tell you.

First off, I get it.

Ever since I left this world you have missed me, and I know youíre bracing for the holidays without me. No matter what anyone says, this yearís festivities are going to be really tough.

In fact, letís be honest, this festive season will probably stink like pondwater. But then, Thanksgiving and Christmas are tough holidays for a lot of people. Youíre not alone.

See, the misconception about the holidays is that they are one big party. Thatís what every song on the radio claims. Each television commercial you see shows happy families clad in gaudy Old Navy sweaters, carving up poultry, smiling their perfect Hollywood teeth at the camera. But thatís not exactly reality.

In reality, fifty-eight percent of Americans admit to feeling severely depressed and anxious during November and December. In reality many folks will cry throughout the ďmost wonderful time of the yearĒ.

Well, guess what? Nobody is crying up here in heaven. This place is unreal. There is, literally, too much beauty to take in. Way too much.

For startersóget thisótime doesnít even exist anymore. Which Iím still getting used to.

Right now, for all I know, the calendar year down on Earth could be 1728, 4045, 1991, or 12 BC. It really wouldnít matter up here. This is a realm where there is no ticking clock, no schedule. Up here there is only this present moment. This. Here. Now. Thatís all there has ever been. And there is real comfort in this.

Also, for the first time Iím pain free. I feel like a teenager again in my body. You probably donít realize how long Iíve lived with pain because I never talked about it, I kept my problems to myself because I was your loved one, and you needed me to be brave.

But pain is a devious thing. It creeps up on even the strongest person, little by little, bit by bit. Until pretty soon, pain becomes a central feature of life.

Sometimes my pain would get so bad it was all I thought about. No, Iím not saying that my life was miserableófar from it. I loved being on earth. Itís just that simply waking up each morning was getting exhausting.

But, you know what? Not anymore. In this new place, I am wholly and thoroughly happy.

But enough about me. I donít have room to describe all the terrific things Iím experiencing, and you donít need to hear them. Right now, youíre grieving, and what you need is a hug.

Which is why Iím writing to you. This is my hug to you. Because youíve lost sight of me. And in fact, youíve lost sight of several important things lately.

Death has a way of blinding us. It reorganizes the way you think, it changes you. You will never be the same after you lose someone. It messes with your inner physiology. It reorganizes youíre neurons.

Iím still around.

Yes, you read that correctly, Iím right here with you. No, you canít see me. No, you canít reach out and hold me. But did you know that one of the things Iím allowed to do as a heavenly being is hang out with you?

Itís true. Iím never far away. Iím in the room with you now, along with a big cloud of ancestors, saints, and witnesses. Iím shooting the breeze alongside you, watching you live your life, watching you raise your kids, watching your private moments of sorrow.

Here, in this new realm, I am in the perfect position to help you learn things. Which is what I vow to spend the rest of your earthly life doing, teaching you little lessons, lending you a hand when you least expect it, and desperately trying to make you smile. Actually, Iíve already been doing this stuff, you just donít realize it.

Well, wake up, pal. You know that tingle you get in your spine whenever you think of me? Thatís me.

You know how, just yesterday, you had a beautiful memory when you were driving and it made you cry so hard that it actually felt good and you began to laugh through tears? Also me.

You know how sometimes when youíre all alone, preoccupied with something else, suddenly you get this faint feeling that someone is standing in the room with you? Hello? Me.

Youíre not alone on this earth. You never were. You never will be. So during this holiday season, when cheerful families are getting together and making merry, and taking shots of eggnog, Iím going to be clinging to your shoulder, helping you muddle through somehow.

Iíll be making your spinal column tingle a lot, and Iíll be sending plenty of signs. Each of these signsóevery single oneóis code for ďI love you.Ē So start paying attention to these hints.

Because this was one.

Thank you for this beautiful post. Itís timeliness and poignancy made me cry.
      ~All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us~

millot is offline Initiate Wizard

• millot's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  blazeduneflame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  max

Mood:
      Sneaky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

ó You Donít Just Lose Someone Once ó
      You lose them over and over,
      sometimes many times a day.
      When the loss, momentarily forgotten,
      creeps up,
      and attacks you from behind.
      Fresh waves of grief as the realization hits home,
      they are gone.
      Again.
      You donít just lose someone once,
      you lose them every time you open your eyes to a new dawn,
      and as you awaken,
      so does your memory,
      so does the jolting bolt of lightning that rips into your heart,
      they are gone.
      Again.
      Losing someone is a journey,
      not a one-off.
      There is no end to the loss,
      there is only a learned skill on how to stay afloat,
      when it washes over.
      Be kind to those who are sailing this stormy sea,
      they have a journey ahead of them,
      and a daily shock to the system each time they realize,
      they are gone,
      Again.
      You donít just lose someone once,
      you lose them every day,
      for a lifetime.
      ~ Donna Ashworth Words

PERFECT

millot is offline Initiate Wizard

• millot's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  blazeduneflame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  max

Mood:
      Sneaky

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

First off, I get it.

Iím still around.

Because this was one.
      IF YOU WROTE THIS FROM YOUR HEART - or if you found it on the net. WELL DONE.
      Last edited by millot; 12-1-21 at 7:09:21 AM.

Mood:
      Shy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by millot View Post
      IF YOU WROTE THIS FROM YOUR HEART - or if you found it on the net. WELL DONE.
      Thank you. I wish that I could take the credit for this. But it was shared on my social media page by one of my friends. During the past few months, we lost three family members. So thanks to such loving and caring friends, co-workers, and other family members, we are all sharing and trying to support each other. I did cry when I read this letter, but it does help. And I hoped that by sharing it here, it would help someone else too.
      Dare to catch your best dreams and live them with eyes wide open. Sweet dreams always.
      The DreamCatcher.

Pegasus Unbound is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Pegasus Unbound's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Nathaniel
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dragons and MORE Dragons.

Mood:
      Woot

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Cool Re: Thoughts on "Losing someone ... "

First off, I get it.

Iím still around.

Because this was one.

I really needed this. I lost my father during the Thanksgiving season in 2000, and my mother in the Holiday Season 4 years prior; This tends to make the Holiday season as a whole a bit on the difficult side.

Your post touched me exactly the way I needed to snap out of my "quiet" mental state and get back to the present. It gave me much needed strength and it took me a couple days after reading it to cry, remember and vent before I felt stable enough to say thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Mood:
      Shy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

The holidays after losing you are difficult. I will light a candle when I think of you. I will cry (again). I will always have the memories of past holidays, and I will get through this. I thank God that I know now you are at rest. Forever in my heart ...
      The DreamCatcher.

Mood:
      Shy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Remembering, and missing, --- Joey, Diane, and Jimmy ---

"If you know someone who has lost a very important person in their life,
      and you are afraid to mention them, because you may make them sad
      by reminding them that they died --- you are not reminding them.
      They did not forget that they died.
      What you are reminding them of is that you remembered that they lived.
      And that is a great, great gift."
      ~Unknown
      Last edited by AluraMist; 12-15-21 at 10:41:25 AM.
      The DreamCatcher.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast