Procrastinating

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Beastmoon Monster Mayhem "Simplified"

alright here is my take on forms i like to work with or have
      I'm basing this off T5 but any level/tier works

Storm Wolf: is a great ally to have for a quick bolt hit with other storm forms or marid other wise best to just hit. he also makes a great combo with the minis who can AoE for quick damage stacking +50 ~ 300 more damage and a good tank for spiral and if things go south you can stun
      i'd give 5/5

Bal Wolf: while not my fav to see in mayhem he does alright for his buffs with traps/aura that can let others save pips or donate pips. but he lacks damage upkeep in the latter half of the game and can't really save an ally
      team wise 3.5/5

Myth Rat: high damage and combo with any given storm form can just go for a quick AoE and while AoE maybe slower its all about combing damage or traps
      5/5 great for any team

Death Rat: is a bit of a gimmick but still has useful tools with his AoE traps, weakness, and stealing blades with plunder for tons of damage. he can drain tank just make sure not to pick a form that swaps traps
      3.6/5 for traps and weakness

Storm Rat: Stuns and dispels can be great life saver if you don't have anyone who can stun or shield the team for spiral fights the only down side is he lacks damage (for his low health) but can still have some use in teams with his AoE blades (125) to remove DoTs
      2.3/5 low damage

Death Pig: powerful weakness and +2 starting pips that lets anyone pile on damage and has a good AoE hit that can buff allies if given a blade
      5/5 team player

Fire Pig: great counter to shields with dots removing them like Cindertooth but other than that you don't have many solid hits
      2.5/5 best used as a counter

Myth Pig: I need more data with him but seems fairly good in mayhem
      ?/5

Fire Mino: good hits can stall with mantles an ok AoE one is a DoT if you go with that but he feels lack luster
      3.3/5 for mantles

Myth Mino: can shield allies or steal shields and has an AoE mantle if minion is out and good hits even if a bit slow depend on player tho
      3.5/5 good form when needed

Life Mino: eh this one lacks damage but great for heals just make sure to use this when the time is right
      2/5 meh

Balance Fairy: great for boosting tank forms who like pip such as storm wolf, storm krok, fire Mino. you have dots/hots and can det other players dots making you good with fire, death, or storm letting cast there blades for free and lets not forget that 5 rnd aura for double pips great boost to anyone
      4.5/5 you can't go wrong just go with a tank/damage form

Fire Elf: high dot damage comboed or you can donate pips just watch out for push back
      3.5/5 just keep your combos up

Ice Elf: great for giving pips and shields to allies or that massive AoE trap or giving everyone pips just make sure you pair up with the right forms in sides
      3.5/5 like bal fairy make your pair count

Storm Elf: like myth rat high damage but with added blades and giving pips
      4/5 you need to make good pulls

Life Drake: combos good with the minis or dot forms can give everyone a blade with afterlife and has a good AoE flat heal 150 +1 pip if bladed
      4/5 you lack damage but make a good healer

Myth Drake:even with the nerfs you can still help allies with damage giving pips and removing traps and pip aura 4 rnds.
      4/5 removing traps from allies

Ice Krok: shields, a powerful trap for tanky enemies and can remove a trap and a semi powerful aoe
      4/5 well rounded

Storm Krok: good hits, can help buffing allies who want to aoe from 125 ~ 250 or can buff everyone with his AoE blade but probably not worth. 2 aoe both useful if under half other wise buff allies or help finish mobs.
      3.5/5 not much utility unless half hp

Balance Krok: like the bal wolf buffs others with traps and giving pips can combo with Deadly sting with shield/trap and can trap/shield everyone. swaps shields and traps for both sides
      5/5 Team player

The Colossuses: depends on form but ice lacks damage and you wont always need shields. Life can tank an aoe for everyone or buff others with HoTs. Fire can breaks shields, share pips (why?) has mantles, a HoT tbh he feels a bit overloaded
      ??/5 just make it count

i may have missed a few but i just go with what i've seen and teamed with
      i wasted too much time with this.....
      Wolf soulstalker 150 Alex nightshade 140 Valkoor Wild 148 Valkoor Wild ​135 Valkoor Myth 130

Pegasus Unbound is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Pegasus Unbound's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Nathaniel
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dragons and MORE Dragons.

Mood:
      Woot

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Cool Re: Beastmoon Monster Mayhem "Simplified"

Quote Originally Posted by BaronvonWolf View Post
      alright here is my take on forms i like to work with or have
      I'm basing this off T5 but any level/tier works

Storm Wolf: is a great ally to have for a quick bolt hit with other storm forms or marid other wise best to just hit. he also makes a great combo with the minis who can AoE for quick damage stacking +50 ~ 300 more damage and a good tank for spiral and if things go south you can stun
      i'd give 5/5

I Agree 1,000% Storm Wolf is a great team up. I find the Combination of Storm Wolf and Fire Colossus to be most effective.

Myth Rat: high damage and combo with any given storm form can just go for a quick AoE and while AoE maybe slower its all about combing damage or traps
      5/5 great for any team

Agreed. IMO, the only drawback is its low health which makes it usually one of the #1 targets in The Hunt but in Mayhem it isn't the main target.

Storm Rat: Stuns and dispels can be great life saver if you don't have anyone who can stun or shield the team for spiral fights the only down side is he lacks damage (for his low health) but can still have some use in teams with his AoE blades (125) to remove DoTs
      2.3/5 low damage

Yep, many people overestimate it. I think Storm Elf is a better option.

Death Pig: powerful weakness and +2 starting pips that lets anyone pile on damage and has a good AoE hit that can buff allies if given a blade
      5/5 team player

Big time yes!

Fire Pig: great counter to shields with dots removing them like Cindertooth but other than that you don't have many solid hits
      2.5/5 best used as a counter

Agreed

Fire Mino: good hits can stall with mantles an ok AoE one is a DoT if you go with that but he feels lack luster
      3.3/5 for mantles

Myth Mino: can shield allies or steal shields and has an AoE mantle if minion is out and good hits even if a bit slow depend on player tho
      3.5/5 good form when needed

Life Mino: eh this one lacks damage but great for heals just make sure to use this when the time is right
      2/5 meh

I also prefer the Myth Mino over the Fire Mino, but the jury is still out on my opinion on the Life Mino (It is still too new to really tell).

Balance Fairy: great for boosting tank forms who like pip such as storm wolf, storm krok, fire Mino. you have dots/hots and can det other players dots making you good with fire, death, or storm letting cast there blades for free and lets not forget that 5 rnd aura for double pips great boost to anyone
      4.5/5 you can't go wrong just go with a tank/damage form

Yep, another one I agree with. TBH, I was always a bit disapointed with the Life Fairy (I will leave specific views on the Life Fairy to others). My opinion on the Death Fairy is still undecided and the Ice one if still very new but shows some promise.

Fire Elf: high dot damage comboed or you can donate pips just watch out for push back
      3.5/5 just keep your combos up

Ice Elf: great for giving pips and shields to allies or that massive AoE trap or giving everyone pips just make sure you pair up with the right forms in sides
      3.5/5 like bal fairy make your pair count

Storm Elf: like myth rat high damage but with added blades and giving pips
      4/5 you need to make good pulls

Agreed again. Of the 3, Storm Elf is the best and is great when partnered with a tank. I do suggest that if you are playing ANY Elf, do NOT enter the fight first. In mayhem, you can last longer and be able to do the most support and damage. In the Hunt, you will become a main target of the other team.

Life Drake: combos good with the minis or dot forms can give everyone a blade with afterlife and has a good AoE flat heal 150 +1 pip if bladed
      4/5 you lack damage but make a good healer

Yes, the new Life Drake is one of the few "healers" that I actually like and find useful.

Ice Krok: shields, a powerful trap for tanky enemies and can remove a trap and a semi powerful aoe
      4/5 well rounded

Storm Krok: good hits, can help buffing allies who want to aoe from 125 ~ 250 or can buff everyone with his AoE blade but probably not worth. 2 aoe both useful if under half other wise buff allies or help finish mobs.
      3.5/5 not much utility unless half hp

Balance Krok: like the bal wolf buffs others with traps and giving pips can combo with Deadly sting with shield/trap and can trap/shield everyone. swaps shields and traps for both sides
      5/5 Team player

I have started to become a Krok fan recently. Your comments confirm my own thoughts and I need to explore all the versions of it more.

The Colossuses: depends on form but ice lacks damage and you wont always need shields. Life can tank an aoe for everyone or buff others with HoTs. Fire can breaks shields, share pips (why?) has mantles, a HoT tbh he feels a bit overloaded
      ??/5 just make it count

I usually play as Fire Colossus. Once you get used to the pattern of its spells, it can be a massive tank especially when teamed up with some other forms like Storm Wolf, Storm Elf, Death Fairy.

The issue with the sharing pips is one many people misunderstand. The form can only have 1 pip BEFORE a battle starts, which means unless it gets one before a fight, he will start with only 1 pip. Being light on pips is the weakness for it.

It has 3 DOT spells and only one is a AOE DOT spell. The lowest DOT is a single enemy and uses only 1 pip, then the next is again a single enemy using 2 pips and lastly the best one of the 3 is AOE/DOT shark which needs 4 pips.

On the other side it only has 2 Immediate damage/single hit spells, one of which is AOE. The single enemy one needs 2 pips while the AOE needs 5 pips...5!

Special Mayhem note: I find if I use the low 1 pips AOE first to keep shields under control, then follow up with the higher 2 pip immediate damage/single hit spell, the 2nd spell gets through better and cuts down DOT time use.

As you can see, pips are the issue. In The hunt, the DOT are not a "time issue', but in Mayhem they can be. Sadly for Mayhem, that means you must have pips to do fast damage. That's where the ability to share pips comes in; that spell uses 0 pips to gain more pips where other forms use as many as 3 pips to gain them. With the pip spell, I can quickly add needed pips to allow the colossus to use major damage/single hit spells in Mayhem.

With this in mind, I have found that in Mayhem, I can solo the first 2 waves of fight outside the spiral AND be a solid backup/replacement for the Spiral. I also found that when it comes to fighting outside, it is best to have 1 tank and 1 support to be more flexible as replacements in Spiral when needed (But that is my opinion based on my own experience).

i may have missed a few but i just go with what i've seen and teamed with
      i wasted too much time with this.....
      WOW, you really covered a lot of information that is really useful. You confirmed a lot of my own thoughts and clarified many others.

I took the liberty of adding my own thoughts in bold, underlined italics in your actual post. I also wen ahead and gave my own observations about the fire Colossus form.

Thank you so much for everything. I think this is the first time you have added to this thread and I am really happy to have your help. I look forward to your additional contributions in the future.

Caspeen is offline W101C Tournament Master
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Beastmoon Monster Mayhem "Simplified"

So much good info!

I will say, though, that the Ice Elf is very undervalued in Mayhem. Against enemies that like to blade a lot - the life guys and Lagoony especially - their ability to remove blades and damage can be a game changer. Plus, playing ahead of a myth rat the double AOE combo that deals a ton of damage AND stuns is the best combo in the game. A must have in any Spiral fight!

Also, the Ice Elf can give pips - LOTS of pips - which can help any form get to their AOE fast.

Unfortunately, it's become almost impossible to find a team that doesn't use the Storm Elf because it's much better at all around damage, but with the right team the Ice Elf is awesome!

Casp

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Nathaniel
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Type:

Mood:
      Woot

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Caspeen View Post
      So much good info!

I will say, though, that the Ice Elf is very undervalued in Mayhem. Against enemies that like to blade a lot - the life guys and Lagoony especially - their ability to remove blades and damage can be a game changer. Plus, playing ahead of a myth rat the double AOE combo that deals a ton of damage AND stuns is the best combo in the game. A must have in any Spiral fight!

Also, the Ice Elf can give pips - LOTS of pips - which can help any form get to their AOE fast.

Unfortunately, it's become almost impossible to find a team that doesn't use the Storm Elf because it's much better at all around damage, but with the right team the Ice Elf is awesome!

Casp

Very true about the Ice Elf, it tends to live in the shadow of the Storm Elf. It not only needs the right team, but someone who really understands its potential in a team rather than trying to be a solo player.

I am glad your finding so much new information here, I hope you and others will keep building on what we have started and keep it current as new changes occur.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Nathaniel
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Type:

Mood:
      Woot

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

UPDATE:

Recently, many new school versions of some of the existing forms have been introduced. In reviewing this, I realized something that I had not yet addressed in the main basic guide.

Just to recap, there are 2 ways to increase a forms power. You can increase its Level OR you can increase its Tier.

1. Increasing the Level is cheap to do BUT it is temporary and will only last for that particular event; on the next event you will have to start all over.
      2. Increasing the Tier is more expensive, BUT it is permanent from one event to the next and you must first unlock that form and school with a Golden Beastmoon Idol.

Now this is where my missed information comes into play...

Only a few select schools of some select forms can be played without unlocking them. All other forms need to be unlocked even to use them at Level 1. The few select schools that do not need to be unlocked allow new players a chance to play and save up to unlock their forms WHEN they get the corresponding Golden Beastmoon Idol.

These select forms/schools are:

• Fire Colossus
      • Balance Cyclops
      • Myth Draconian
      • Storm Elf
      • Ice Fairy
      • Storm Krok
      • Fire Minotaur

All the others need to be unlocked to be played, so if you are new to the game, use this list as a starting point of what forms are available and what their spells are until you unlock your permanent forms.

•  Wizard's Name:
        •  Nathaniel
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Type:

Mood:
      Woot

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Until now, we have pointed out how important it is to understand each Beast Form and each school version of that form.

Another very important issue to become familiar with is the monsters themselves.

As an example for food for thought in the future:

The Trengil Gouger:

Myth
      Health: 750
      Starting Pips: 2
      Has the Pushback spell that uses 0 pips but destroys and shields and does 75 damage
      AOE: Grasping Ghilan (4 Pip) - Steals shields does 100 base damage with +25% to life

Usual Minion:

Harmony Eel:

Balance
      Health: 375
      Starting Pips:2
      Supporting spell: Accelerate (0 Pips) - Grants 1 pip and detonates Healing

With this set, it is easy to see that the Eel can boost the Trengil pips real fast. It just needs to use Pushback once, get a pip from eel and then hit. So basically, wash, rinse and repeat and you have serious damage fast.

If you are a Tank form like Fire Colossus that has higher health, not so much a problem, but if your teammate is a lower health form, like Elf or Rat, one hit can be enough to leave you solo.

Knowing your forms AND the enemies is a huge consideration in how each game is played.

Here is the link to the list of the current monsters:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki...unds_Creatures

A special Thank you to @AluraMist for helping me find this very important list!

I hope this example and list helps in the future.

I am using this as an example that it is very important to be familiar with not just one Monster, but also that monster in combination with others AND how that affects not just your Form, but the form of your team mate as well.

A lot of this will come with experience, but as you play, watch and see what happens with the different combinations.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12