Shy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Beastmoon Hunt Event, thru Sept. 13th.

From the Wizard101 website: https://www.wizard101.com/game/news

Beastmoon Hunt Event!

"Unleash your inner animal! Now through Monday, September 13th, don a beast form and get ready for the hunt of a lifetime during the Beastmoon Hunt! Join a team and battle other Wizards in a limited-time game mode to earn incredible rewards! Learn More "

See additional info here: Basic:Beastmoon Hunt
      Dare to catch your best dreams and live them with eyes wide open. Sweet dreams always.
      The DreamCatcher.

BaronvonWolf is offline Magus Wizard

• BaronvonWolf's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Valkoor wildwalker
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Gizmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Blaze Fox

Mood:
      Procrastinating

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Beastmoon Hunt Event, thru Sept. 13th.

this week gold idol is ice colossus and we already got this one once... sigh
      i'd love to have storm rat idol drop or fire colossus
      Wolf soulstalker 150 Alex nightshade 147 Valkoor Wild 150 Valkoor Wild ​135 Valkoor Myth 130

Torpzun26 is offline Adept Wizard

• Torpzun26's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Cole Duskhaven
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

So I just had a game where we were losing something along the lines of 93-45, disadvantaged 5v6. Looks like a lost cause, right?

Nope. We. Won.

We did this by guarding Eye with our lives. This wasn't the best choice, since the other team could rush us after a victory and force a 3v2. Except they didn't do that for some reason. They kinda tried to after the second victory there, but didn't follow through. I was present in all three battles thanks to the health wisp right by the base and the great fortune of having a spare pip nearby between all of the battles.

Thanks to the other team focusing down our Life Colossus (seriously, I get that the point of the Life Colossus is to take damage meant for other teammates, but people are still waaaaay too overfocused on taking down healers), she unfortunately gave the other team some points simply by being dead too long. Another of our teammates got caught in one of those side battles. By the time the third battle had begun, the score was 99-92. We were still losing. But we could win now. We could've always won, but now it actually looked like it.

As usual, they focused down our big scary Life Colossus. We were going to lose if she was dead too long. Meanwhile we took out their Life Fairy. Probably should've went for their Storm Elf, but I can't complain about success. I (Death Cyclops) get my third pip, go to put my 200 Trap on the Elf. My Death Ninja Pig ally says "No, put it on the Storm Krok." Weird request but I went along with it.

That Death Ninja Pig was level 5. With Unhallowed Aid. That Krok had the opportunity to snipe her before she could AoE, but his deck failed or something and he ended up blading the Elf. That was the last thing that Storm Krok ever did. The Storm Elf survived, but we took him out as well the next turn.

I thought that our Life Colossus friend was dead for too long. I was not ready to accept defeat for that incredible comeback story just because points for defeating enemies are applied before points for winning the battle. And if we had waited a turn longer, just one turn longer, we would've been very, very disappointed.

Instead:

Not only did we pull off an amazing comeback victory from the jaws of defeat, but I believe this is also a new personal record of how many points I've earned in a single Beastmoon match, excluding the glitch where you get hundreds upon hundreds of points at the very start of the Hunt.
      Last edited by Torpzun26; 9-8-21 at 4:45:54 PM. Reason: Our score was probably not 60, probably lower. winning 2 battles brought us to 92

Pegasus Unbound is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Pegasus Unbound's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Nathaniel
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dragons and MORE Dragons.

Mood:
      Sad2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Cool Re: Beastmoon Hunt Event, thru Sept. 13th.

Quote Originally Posted by Torpzun26 View Post
      So I just had a game where we were losing something along the lines of 93-45, disadvantaged 5v6. Looks like a lost cause, right?

Nope. We. Won.

We did this by guarding Eye with our lives. This wasn't the best choice, since the other team could rush us after a victory and force a 3v2. Except they didn't do that for some reason. They kinda tried to after the second victory there, but didn't follow through. I was present in all three battles thanks to the health wisp right by the base and the great fortune of having a spare pip nearby between all of the battles.

Thanks to the other team focusing down our Life Colossus (seriously, I get that the point of the Life Colossus is to take damage meant for other teammates, but people are still waaaaay too overfocused on taking down healers), she unfortunately gave the other team some points simply by being dead too long. Another of our teammates got caught in one of those side battles. By the time the third battle had begun, the score was 99-92. We were still losing. But we could win now. We could've always won, but now it actually looked like it.

As usual, they focused down our big scary Life Colossus. We were going to lose if she was dead too long. Meanwhile we took out their Life Fairy. Probably should've went for their Storm Elf, but I can't complain about success. I (Death Cyclops) get my third pip, go to put my 200 Trap on the Elf. My Death Ninja Pig ally says "No, put it on the Storm Krok." Weird request but I went along with it.

That Death Ninja Pig was level 5. With Unhallowed Aid. That Krok had the opportunity to snipe her before she could AoE, but his deck failed or something and he ended up blading the Elf. That was the last thing that Storm Krok ever did. The Storm Elf survived, but we took him out as well the next turn.

I thought that our Life Colossus friend was dead for too long. I was not ready to accept defeat for that incredible comeback story just because points for defeating enemies are applied before points for winning the battle. And if we had waited a turn longer, just one turn longer, we would've been very, very disappointed.

Instead:

Not only did we pull off an amazing comeback victory from the jaws of defeat, but I believe this is also a new personal record of how many points I've earned in a single Beastmoon match, excluding the glitch where you get hundreds upon hundreds of points at the very start of the Hunt.

BRAVO!

This is a perfect example of what I am always saying in Beastmoon and life in general. There is no one singularly superior strategy over another. It always depends on the ever changing events and the determination to not just give up. As my Grandmother used to say, "If you think you can OR that you can not, you are absolutely correct".

unicorngirl is offline Initiate Wizard

• unicorngirl's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Deirdre Willowtail
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Polaris
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

this has been a really rough event for me, personally. i don't know how everyone else has been doing, but with everything going on in the real world this event has been harder than ever for me. usually i do pretty well, only running into an organized group as opponents a couple times a day. it seems like 3 out of 4 matches this time, and the random teams i'm on are having a lot of trouble with it.

is KI going to set up a system so groups go against groups, and random teams against random? because that would be a lot more enjoyable. i've even had one time where i was sure one of my team was an alt for the other team. they had the same name and did everything in their power to throw.

and then we get to the new fire cyclops form. op isn't even the word. it's handle-able in 2v2, but 3v3 or up it just isn't. the taunt thing, the huge aoe, the mass accuracy weakness, it's a nightmare. but KI had to completely neuter the myth dragon because it was too strong? crazy. i want my lunari back from getting to tier 4 on myth dragon on my wizards, i never use it anymore.

overall this has been the least enjoyable beastmoon i've had. i like winning, but i don't mind losing if it's a good effort. when you run into buzz saw after buzz saw, every member of the other team a beastmoon hero or with a badge for tier 4 or 5 for their form, and you have players asking "how does this game work?" on your team, it's just misery. i hope everyone else is having a better week than i am.

Pegasus Unbound is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Pegasus Unbound's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Nathaniel
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dragons and MORE Dragons.

Mood:
      Sad2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Cool Re: Beastmoon Hunt Event, thru Sept. 13th.

Quote Originally Posted by unicorngirl View Post
      this has been a really rough event for me, personally. i don't know how everyone else has been doing, but with everything going on in the real world this event has been harder than ever for me. usually i do pretty well, only running into an organized group as opponents a couple times a day. it seems like 3 out of 4 matches this time, and the random teams i'm on are having a lot of trouble with it.

is KI going to set up a system so groups go against groups, and random teams against random? because that would be a lot more enjoyable. i've even had one time where i was sure one of my team was an alt for the other team. they had the same name and did everything in their power to throw.

and then we get to the new fire cyclops form. op isn't even the word. it's handle-able in 2v2, but 3v3 or up it just isn't. the taunt thing, the huge aoe, the mass accuracy weakness, it's a nightmare. but KI had to completely neuter the myth dragon because it was too strong? crazy. i want my lunari back from getting to tier 4 on myth dragon on my wizards, i never use it anymore.

overall this has been the least enjoyable beastmoon i've had. i like winning, but i don't mind losing if it's a good effort. when you run into buzz saw after buzz saw, every member of the other team a beastmoon hero or with a badge for tier 4 or 5 for their form, and you have players asking "how does this game work?" on your team, it's just misery. i hope everyone else is having a better week than i am.

I have to agree, the Hunt has been more of a chore than fun.

The first issue is the new forms. While we have spent so much time and effort developing the existing forms, along comes a new one that is beyond OP and basically trashes all our work.

And as you point out, the growing number of pre-formed groups is getting worse and worse. The random teams, which make up most of the new players get wiped out and it's just not fun enough for the new payers to continue.

I like the idea of having pre-formed groups vs preformed groups, and random teams vs random teams. It would solve a lot of issues in regards to the Hunt which since it is similar to PVP and could benefit from some of the similar options/structures in forming teams.
      Last edited by Pegasus Unbound; 9-11-21 at 4:30:37 PM.

Phenoixblizzard is offline Adept Wizard

• Phenoixblizzard's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Amber DragonBlossom
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fern
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mega Snow Beast
      ----

Mood:
      Sleepy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

It would be nice if the spot of the person who got disconnected/logged off during a fight was sealed off to prevent another player from joining that spot. My teammate and I would've won a fight yesterday if the other team's pig hadn't joined the fight after their rat went MIA after his defeat (not fled, but like he logged off or got disconnected). It was completely unfair to us because the fight was nearly over in our favor when he joined with full health and pips. It was easy for him to take us out since we were already low on health and pips.
      Last edited by Phenoixblizzard; 9-11-21 at 6:41:37 PM.
      Wizards vs Bosses