France is offline Legendary Wizard

Mood:
      Mellow

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold
      Blog Entries

1:31PM, I sit on the edge of my bed, staring at the blank Grammarly document.

It was a blank canvas, but it would soon be filled with words, passionate words typed to inspire and change perspectives, words typed to change days and--perhaps--even change lives.

And I wasn't sure what it was. Maybe it was the Martin Luther King-esque video I had just watched, the kindness of my heart, the web pages I had just read. But suddenly I was struck with the desire to be Oprah today. Suddenly I was struck with the active desire to help my friends through what I know best: my words.

Look, I don't know the situation of everyone who'll read this thread. Maybe you're a generally happy person, just going with the flow of life and attending your college classes on Zoom daily. Maybe you're severely depressed, barely managing to get out of bed every day. Regardless, I have a message for you:

Keep moving forward. I don't mean taking big strides forward necessarily. Maybe you can only take little steps forward right now. That's okay. And though I know me saying this is cliche, and me saying it's cliche is cliche, just keep moving forward. Every step counts and gets you closer to your objective. Keep dreaming, and keep making goals. A dream without goals and dedication is just that: a dream. Surround yourself with people who support you and your dreams and care about you. A lot of people in this world will do that. The world cares and comes together for those in need, after all. Examples of this are people who go to third-world countries to help those who suffer from poverty. People who run in marathons for diseases when they have no family members or friends who suffer from it at all. People who simply write comments on articles expressing their concern and support for those who have experienced tragedies. And though you might think everyone just does this to look good, that makes no sense. It'd be illogical to assume that everyone in this world does kind things for fame and money and not of the kindness of their hearts. But that's not to put you down if you do have that belief, as a number of people really are depressed and have that mindset. But I'm not gonna lie to you. Not everyone is going to be supportive and there will be toxic people. Not everyone is like this, though. While I can't give statistics on who is "good" and who is "bad" in this world, there are many good people in this huge world full of billions of people. And for the toxic ones? Talk to them. Have a serious discussion with them about how you feel and be firm about it. And if they don't listen, remove them from your life. I know it's difficult, but you have to for your mental health. Remember you ARE amazing, and awesome and strong, and you can do this.

People care about you, even people you don't know, people you will never meet in real life and people you will never meet at all. That's why people across the globe express their sympathy for strangers who have experienced tragedies or who are suffering.

If you are suffering from depression, anxiety or even just sadness, please reach out for help. Talk to friends and a professional. When your emotions get really strong, do something scientifically proven to calm people down that you know works for you, such as deep breathing or using the 5-4-3-2-1 technique. Do nice things for yourself just because and not only when you're depressed. Give yourself 30 extra minutes on Among Us. Get some essential oils and take a nice bubble bath. Do things you enjoy doing, such as listening to music, reading, cooking, etc. Surround yourself with people who are happy and positive. Develop a mantra to repeat to yourself when you feel yourself getting upset. Watch cute animal and funny videos.

I know not everyone who will read this will know me, but regardless, this is a message a lot of people will need to hear. Remember I'm here for you if you need anything, stay safe, and rest assured, the sun will rise again.

Pegasus Unbound is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Pegasus Unbound's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Nathaniel
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dragons and MORE Dragons.

Mood:
      Woot

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Thumbs up Re: .

Quote Originally Posted by France View Post
      1:31PM, I sit on the edge of my bed, staring at the blank Grammarly document.

It was a blank canvas, but it would soon be filled with words, passionate words typed to inspire and change perspectives, words typed to change days and--perhaps--even change lives.

And I wasn't sure what it was. Maybe it was the Martin Luther King-esque video I had just watched, the kindness of my heart, the web pages I had just read. But suddenly I was struck with the desire to be Oprah today. Suddenly I was struck with the active desire to help my friends through what I know best: my words.

Look, I don't know the situation of everyone who'll read this thread. Maybe you're a generally happy person, just going with the flow of life and attending your college classes on Zoom daily. Maybe you're severely depressed, barely managing to get out of bed every day. Regardless, I have a message for you:

Keep moving forward. I don't mean taking big strides forward necessarily. Maybe you can only take little steps forward right now. That's okay. And though I know me saying this is cliche, and me saying it's cliche is cliche, just keep moving forward. Every step counts and gets you closer to your objective. Keep dreaming, and keep making goals. A dream without goals and dedication is just that: a dream. Surround yourself with people who support you and your dreams and care about you. A lot of people in this world will do that. The world cares and comes together for those in need, after all. Examples of this are people who go to third-world countries to help those who suffer from poverty. People who run in marathons for diseases when they have no family members or friends who suffer from it at all. People who simply write comments on articles expressing their concern and support for those who have experienced tragedies. And though you might think everyone just does this to look good, that makes no sense. It'd be illogical to assume that everyone in this world does kind things for fame and money and not of the kindness of their hearts. But that's not to put you down if you do have that belief, as a number of people really are depressed and have that mindset. But I'm not gonna lie to you. Not everyone is going to be supportive and there will be toxic people. Not everyone is like this, though. While I can't give statistics on who is "good" and who is "bad" in this world, there are many good people in this huge world full of billions of people. And for the toxic ones? Talk to them. Have a serious discussion with them about how you feel and be firm about it. And if they don't listen, remove them from your life. I know it's difficult, but you have to for your mental health. Remember you ARE amazing, and awesome and strong, and you can do this.

People care about you, even people you don't know, people you will never meet in real life and people you will never meet at all. That's why people across the globe express their sympathy for strangers who have experienced tragedies or who are suffering.

If you are suffering from depression, anxiety or even just sadness, please reach out for help. Talk to friends and a professional. When your emotions get really strong, do something scientifically proven to calm people down that you know works for you, such as deep breathing or using the 5-4-3-2-1 technique. Do nice things for yourself just because and not only when you're depressed. Give yourself 30 extra minutes on Among Us. Get some essential oils and take a nice bubble bath. Do things you enjoy doing, such as listening to music, reading, cooking, etc. Surround yourself with people who are happy and positive. Develop a mantra to repeat to yourself when you feel yourself getting upset. Watch cute animal and funny videos.

I know not everyone who will read this will know me, but regardless, this is a message a lot of people will need to hear. Remember I'm here for you if you need anything, stay safe, and rest assured, the sun will rise again.
      Thank you for sharing such important thoughts and advice. I really hope that many will take the time to read them in their entirety!

Arwen Mythweaver is offline Initiate Wizard

• Arwen Mythweaver's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Alura Frostgiver
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Avalon
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Many Frosty Eyes
      ----

Mood:
      Breezy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: .

Quote Originally Posted by France View Post

As you say above, not everyone will know you. I donít know you, but I love your post. If we all work together to help one another, the sun Will rise again.

Crystal Calligraphy is online now Grandmaster Wizard

• Crystal Calligraphy's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Saffron Swift/Silver/Spirit/Summer/Soul/Story Song
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  King Sydney
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Spider Golem

Mood:
      Inspired

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: .

I really appreciate the thoughts written in your post. I know I've gone through many of these phases, in various different situations.

I know not too long ago, I was very depressed in my past job role. I felt even more overwhelmed and even more stressed; I didn't feel very appreciated, and felt like I was being left behind. I took a lot of mental abuse before I actually even considered seeking help. A therapist and a change in jobs ended up being what I needed for my mental health, but not everyone can do these things. My advice would be to seriously consider what needs to change. How long can the toxicity, the unhealthy, be sustained? How long can one survive in this condition, without breaking? Please take time to consider all of your options, all of the worst case scenarios, all of the choices you can make (even the little ones). I sincerely, from the bottom of my heart, hope that those that are in a difficult situation will heed at least this one piece of advice: please don't wait to break.

It can be difficult to have profound words or thoughts in every paragraph. Something someone hasn't already said or heard before. But sometimes the repetition is needed. The reminder that getting out of bed everyday is a success. Being able to wake up, to breathe, to take one step at a time.

I hope everyone is doing ok. Or, doing better than ok. But doing ok is good too. Try to not beat yourself up, and let yourself cry if you need to. Stay safe everyone.
      Last edited by Crystal Calligraphy; 7-30-21 at 9:40:59 PM. Reason: Formatting...

Avatar & Sig Credit: Expelliarmus (Blue Nouveau Designs)
      ~Forest of Dungeons Event Closed~