•  Myth

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Summer 2021 new Beastforms

Sudden Death (0 pips, Level 4): Give an opponent a +75 Trap, Detonate a DoT if you have a Shield
      Inhibit (0 pips): -75 Weakness and Steal a Blade
      Miraculous Recovery (1 pips, Level 2): -100 Healing Trap, steal a Heal Over Time
      Malady (1 pip): 150 Death Damage over 3 rounds, steal a Heal Over Time for an additional DoT dealing 75 Death Damage over 3 rounds
      Needful Things (2 pips): Give the opponent 2 cards. Presumably those cards will heal 100 health over 4 rounds and cost 2 pips
      Spirit Thief (2 pips): 100 Death Drain
      Dark Animism (3 pips): 200 Death Damage, gain a 2x pip Aura for 3 rounds if you had a Blade.
      Creeping Death (4 pips, Level 3): 500 Death Damage over 5 rounds
      Terminal Illness (5 pips): 300 Death Damage over 4 rounds to all enemies. Remove a Heal Over Time for an additional DoT dealing 200 Death Damage over 4 rounds to the enemies who had those Heal Over Times
      Relentless Attack (5 pips, Level 5): 250 Death Damage to all enemies, -100 Healing Trap to any enemies with a Trap.

Chill Wind (0 pips): 50 Ice Damage, gain a pip if the target has a DoT
      Placate (0 pips): Pacify target for 2 rounds. Enemies cannot select that character as a target while Pacified, unless there are no other allies alive
      Ice Scream (1 pip, Level 3): 50 Ice Damage, clear a Blade to stun the target for 1 round
      Freeze and Thaw (1 pip, Level 4): 125 Absorb, clear a Trap from the target to give them (or yourself, not sure yet) one pip
      Glacial Dampener (1 pip): 125 Absorb and 1 Stun Block
      Trap Beetle (2 pips): 150 Ice Damage, +125 Trap if you or your teammate has a minion in your battle
      Winter's Blessing (3 pips, Level 2): 3 pips, 125 Absorb if you or your teammate has a minion in your battle
      Permafrost Shield (4 pips): 375 Absorb and give the target 1 pip
      Brisk and Reward (4 pips, Level 5): 2 pips to all allies, 125 Absorb if you or your teammate has a minion in your battle
      Frozen Warrior (5 pips): 300 Ice Damage to all enemies, clear a Trap from all allies and give the ones who lost a Trap a 125 Absorb

Obfuscate (0 pips): -50% Accuracy, give self a pip if the target has a Shield
      Vicious Insult (0 pips): Taunt for 2 rounds. Enemies cannot target anyone else on your team with spells while that character is alive and Taunting
      Temper (1 pip): Give 1 pip to target, clear a DoT for 75 Healing over 3 rounds
      Blood Boil (2 pips, Level 3): 150 Fire Damage, Detonate a DoT if you have a Heal Over Time
      Flashpoint (2 pips): 150 Fire Damage over 3 rounds, deal 100 Fire Damage if you or your teammate has a minion in your battle
      Up in Smoke (3 pips, Level 2): -50% Accuracy to all enemies, give self a pip if an enemy has a Shield (could be for each enemy instead)
      Flame On (4 pips, Level 4): 300 Fire Damage over 3 rounds to self, 300 Fire Damage to all enemies
      Broiler (4 pips): 375 Fire Damage over 3 rounds
      Turbo Charge (5 pips, Level 5): 2 pips to all allies, clear a DoT from them to give each ally who lost a DoT a 125 Heal over 5 rounds
      Fulmination (6 pips): 300 Fire Damage over 4 rounds to all enemies, deal 150 Fire Damage to all enemies if you or your teammate has a minion in your battle
      Last edited by Torpzun26; 7-6-21 at 4:43:34 PM. Reason: fixing errors

BaronvonWolf is offline Magus Wizard

• BaronvonWolf's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Valkoor wildwalker
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Gizmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Blaze Fox

Mood:
      Procrastinating

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Summer 2021 new Beastforms

nice i can already see some good combos
      Wolf soulstalker 140 Alex nightshade 140 Valkoor Wild 140 Valkoor Wild ​135 Valkoor Myth 130

Orzee is offline Apprentice Wizard

• Orzee's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bradley IronFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Polaris
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Maximus
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  White Winter Owl

Mood:
      Zombies

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

So I'm totally fine with them adding new forms, but for as much as I've played (and I've played a lot) there's a LOT of forms now and not a lot of real-world variety. My opinion is to slow down on the forms released (I get they need to maintain a gold idol schedule and all, but I think there's 37 now (12 * 3 schools and fairy has a fourth). I hope these last until 2022, because wow - that's a lot of forms to unlock and play. I'm all for options, but there's not a whole lot of meta-balancing with existing forms.

Take, for example, Fire Cyclops. It has Temper, a 1 pip spell that gives 1 pip and then clears a DOT for a 75 HOT. Meanwhile Cauterize (Fire Minotaur) is 1 pip for a DOT clear + 50 HOT. They don't have to the same, but Cauterize is really awful by comparison.

As for the feedback, these forms seem pretty decent. I'm curious how powerful the Taunt/Pacify concept will be in Beastmoon, as I can see Pacifying a Storm Elf for 2 rounds to be completely broken. I would very much like to see forms that can diversify Monster Mayhem strategies (still waiting on the Myth Pig idol...), to which these are capable, but I'm not sure that they will. Maybe the event itself needs adjusted to more unique forms instead.

Also, with the changes to joining existing sigil battles (now you can join during the planning phase and still get to select spells), is Beastmoon also getting this? I don't know how I'd react, but I imagine there'd be some solid debate.

Overall, nice forms! I'm excited! If you haven't checked Test out yet, they moved Beastmoon to the other side of the arena (there's a teleporter). They didn't put much effort into it, as the Upgrade Kiosk is facing the wrong direction. I'm sure it'll be fixed next week when they do a Beastmoon event.
      Last edited by Orzee; 7-6-21 at 10:15:56 PM.

Torpzun26 is offline Journeyman Wizard

• Torpzun26's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Cole Duskhaven
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Today's update has changed some existing Beastforms, most notably the Myth Draconian.

Myth Draconian:

It's Not a Trap!: Damage reduced from 100 to 75.
      Sly Mountebank: Damage reduced from 200 to 150, trap boosted from 75 to 100.
      Euryale's Wale: Damage increased from 200 to 225, pip cost increased to 3 pips.
      Butcher Bat: Damage reduced from 200 to 150, bonus damage increased from 75 to 100.
      Protraction: Pip cost reduced from 3 to 2.

Storm Krok:
      Health increased from 400 to 425.

Myth Minotaur:
      Health increased from 425 to 475.

Storm Rat:
      Health increased from 300 to 325.

Myth Rat:
      Health increased from 325 to 375.

Storm Wolf:
      Health increased from 500 to 525.

So, my thoughts on this as someone who plays Myth Draconian on my Myth, ouch. In the Beastmoon Roundtable they said they wanted to make it so that Myth Draconians will want to pip up their allies rather than themselves, and well, they really accomplished that. The nerf from 100 dpp to 75 dpp is big because for most Beastforms, their best spell tends to be the 2-pip 200 damage spell. For the Myth Draconian, its strength came from its ability to pip itself up and then unleash those amazing 2-pip 200 spells over and over again. Euryale's Wale was also the best spell in the game, by being able to do 200 damage and stun for only 2 pips. Of course this would get hit eventually.

As for the health changes, they're doing this by letting a formula determine what health each Beastform has, which I'm not exactly the biggest fan of. It makes sense for all but 1.5 of the affected forms, but it still feels like you're creating a formula and letting that decide what is balanced and what is not.

Storm Krok NEEDED a health boost. Again, those 2-pip 200 hits were the among the best spells in many forms' repertoires. Many times when I am in battle with a Storm Krok, whether friend, foe, or myself, the Krok tends to be way too easy to kill off with those spells. You just take two of them before you react and bam, you're dead. The big downside to this health buff is that you can get hit with one of those aforementioned spells and still have too much health for your bonus effects.

Myth Minotaur was definitely too squishy for such a tanky beastform and I'm glad that it was buffed.

Storm Rat has the same health as Storm Elf now? Finally. I think the gap between 300 and 325 is significant enough that this buff is much stronger than it looks, as you can no longer just 200+100 kill Storm Rats.

Myth Rat's health buff feels really weird, but ever since we got the Storm Elf which does almost everything the Myth Rat can do, but better, eh, I'll take it. It's weird because we've been told again and again that Myth has less health than Life, Death, and Balance, but I guess it's not that bad because Myth gets less defensive options than at least the first two of those. They can't heal back that health or put debilitating weaknesses on the enemies (except Myth Rat but you almost never use that card in favor of more dakka.)

Storm Wolf is already one of the best Beastforms and this highlights why I don't think we should be letting a formula decide the health of these Beastforms. To be fair, imo the only problem with Storm Wolf is its ability to chain stun so well, especially on a form with so much health. This is why you don't see anyone complaining about the Storm Rat, even though it was designed to be the ultimate stunbot. I think the only nerf Storm Wolf really needs is a decreased limit on how many Thunder Gaze TCs you can have. You have no business chain stunning someone for 4 or 5 turns, and fewer copies in deck mean that it will be that much harder to successfully combine your stuns.

Orzee is offline Apprentice Wizard

• Orzee's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bradley IronFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Polaris
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Maximus
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  White Winter Owl

Mood:
      Zombies

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Honestly, and this is just my opinion here, I'd like these changes reverted until we get a better, more thorough balancing pass.

I'm all for nerfing Myth Draconian, but I'm not a fan of taking out all the 2-pip 200 hits. Those are NEEDED in Mayhem. The health buffs for the other forms are nice, but they're definitely not balanced for the health buffs and it's going to be noticeable when playing with them. The other spell changes seem fair, but ouch.

I love Storm Krok. It's my favorite form. I see that +25 health buff more as nerf, because like Torpzun said, a 200-hit won't trigger the after effect. One of my favorite parts was the challenge of balancing stay above 0 health and below 200 health whenever possible. A lot of players will appreciate this buff though.

Myth Rat, Storm Wolf, and Myth Minotaur are fairly decent forms and this health buff (especially to Myth Rat) will certainly make them more popular. Storm Wolf is too tanky in my opinion and its problems with balancing have more to do with its spells than its health. Fixing this health disparity will only make the form more unbalanced. Myth rat will definitely grow more in popularity, but it's one of the strongest hitters (few forms can dish out 250 for 2 pips) and this health change gives it another big boost. I find Myth Mino nothing but annoying with its shields and such that I think the last thing this form needs is health, but I know others will disagree and I don't play the form much so I'm inclined to think they're right.

There should DEFINITELY be changes to this health formula, or at the very least change the spells of these forms a bit before these changes hit. I think making the forms be more unique is a better way to go. Maybe the tanks (colossus, cyclops, and wolf) can differ in health a bit more? Maybe the wolf forms all have have a base of 475 instead of 500. Maybe the cyclops has more offensive spells. Right now, they seem more or less the same with a slightly different twist that doesn't form a pattern within forms, but rather form type (tank, enfeeble, DOT, attacker, etc).

These forms definitely aren't going to be tested this Test Realm (player count has dwindled, especially with Beastmoon on Live right now), so I'd wait on these changes until Fall (which might be ill-timed too).

WarWeaver is offline Adept Wizard

• WarWeaver's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Brian SunWeaver
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Fire
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Smokey
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Incendiary Grimoire

Mood:
      Grumpy2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Some of these spells seem off to me.

Ice Fairy - 75 Dpp.

(5)Frozen Warrior.

75 x 5 = 375/2 = 187.5

This should be doing 200 at best if it's effect doesn't count for damage reduction. I'm honestly not even sure what pure "and" effects count for reduction anymore.

Fire Cyclops - 75 Dpp or 100 Dot Dpp.

(1)Temper.

The Fire Minotaur cries when it sees this much better version of their Cauterize.

(2)Flash Point.

This should be doing 200 over 4 rounds instead of 150 over 3 unless I'm missing something.

(4)Flame On.

You take 300 over 3 rounds to deal 300(Double than normal) instantly while the Fire Minotaur has one where you take 250 instantly to deal 300(Less then double) over 3 rounds? I know Bargain of Brass is 1 pip less and the 250 is most likely fixed damage but Flame On just looks so much better.
      Last edited by WarWeaver; 7-27-21 at 9:09:42 PM.