Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Beastmoon Hunt Top Reward Bgged

The Beastmoon Hunt advertises the top, 570 point, reward as:

That is, 25 spellements for the new spells. The same reward as for last month's Mayhem event. Which gave what was advertised. However, when I claimed the reward in this event for one of my wizards, this is what I got:

Note: the 200 lunari was for collecting a reward off the scroll of fortune, tier 8.

As you can see, only 10 spellements, and none for the new spells.

Congratulations!!!

This problem was first reported SATURDAY MORNING, two days ago. I even submitted a bug report through the customer portal in your home page. And so far the response has been ..... less than nothing. Not even the automatic response that the bug report I submitted was received.

I have been a loyal player for over 10 years. I put a lot of effort into this event, more than I usually do, to ensure that all 6 of my wizards would get that reward.

And so, I say again CONGRATULATIONS!!! Because if you continue this callous disregard for the players whose spending on the game pays your salary, I won't be a loyal player much longer.

I have been increasingly vocal lately about the shoddy, bug filled product you have been putting out lately. And now you can't even put out product that worked fine previously without messing it up. Like "forgetting to add" Meleager to last month's Mayhem. And now, this reward.

And even when you do fix some bugs, It's more of a "So sorry, our bad. Better luck next time" than making it up to the players who got messed over due to your bugs. I put too much effort into getting all 6 wizards the reward to see it all be wasted because I'm expected to just live with it this time with a promise to fix it for the next time.

You recently announced that the test realm was open. In anticipation of the upcoming (probably bug-filled) update, I suppose.

While at the same time refusing to address bugs that were reported LAST YEAR. Karamelle Badge Bugs. Mayhem Badge bugs. Sure, I've had a couple of moderators (@sparck and @Eric Stormbringer) say that they would pass on our concerns to the developers. And weeks and months later, nothing but crickets.

Refer to these threads:

http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...ramelle-badges

http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...quirement-Info

AluraMist is offline Wiki Master

Mood:
      Shy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Beastmoon Hunt Top Reward Bgged

@Sparck posted this notice on the Wizard101 website: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/hals...0c3514f?page=1

Jul 12, 2:16 PM

25-count spellemental reward should only be 10

Our apologies about the confusion over how many spellements you should be receiving. We intended the 25-count reward to be added to the Summer Update but the indicator was added early. You should receive only 10 spellements. Please ignore the 25-count indicator for now.
      Dare to catch your best dreams and live them with eyes wide open. Sweet dreams always.
      The DreamCatcher.

Pegasus Unbound is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Pegasus Unbound's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Nathaniel
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dragons and MORE Dragons.

Mood:
      Woot

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Cool Re: Beastmoon Hunt Top Reward Bgged

Quote Originally Posted by AluraMist View Post
      @Sparck posted this notice on the Wizard101 website: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/hals...0c3514f?page=1

Our apologies about the confusion over how many spellements you should be receiving. We intended the 25-count reward to be added to the Summer Update but the indicator was added early. You should receive only 10 spellements. Please ignore the 25-count indicator for now.

Oh well, happens, LOL. Thanks for letting us know what happened @Sparck, the truth is always better than speculation.

sparkyflamefire is offline Journeyman Wizard

• sparkyflamefire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by AluraMist View Post

So like I expected: So sorry, our bad. Better luck next time.

And if so, why did I get the 25 spellements during last month's Mayhem event?

And you tell us this on the last day of the event, AFTER we've already put in all the work? So our efforts for the past week are wasted.

I don't see what is so "confusing" about "25 Spellements." Seems pretty clear to me. But then, when my other wizards claimed their rewards. they got spellements like ghoul (twice), which isn't even "elemental."

It shouldn't matter what you "intended," it matters what you SAID. And its not like its going to cost you any money out of your pocket.
      Last edited by sparkyflamefire; 7-13-21 at 7:59:25 AM.

Sparck is online now Wizard101 US Faculty
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Here's our original announcement: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/head...0c3514f?page=1

Willowdreamer is offline W101C Team Leader

• Willowdreamer's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Victoria Willowdreamer
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Cosmo
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Kookaburra

Mood:
      Scurvy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Sparck View Post

Here's our original announcement: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/head...0c3514f?page=1
      This is an extremely sad response to the issue. Kingsisle would not lose anything at all by adding the promised reward to accounts that earned them. I didn't earn them but I surely support those who got the points and expected the reward.

Apologies? Ignore our error? This is not very good customer service from our community manager - you should advocate for making it right.

Watchtower Hall crafted 7/21/10 -- Guides: Crafting Stations, here -- Crafted Grizzleheim Housing Items here -- Mirkholm Keep Ore/Diamonds here -- Cave of Solitude Black Lotus here

Kokyota is offline Adept Wizard

• Kokyota's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Iridian, Neela, Jaz, Jr, Sari
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Way too many to name
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Crazy Creatures

Mood:
      Balanced

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyflamefire View Post
      The Beastmoon Hunt advertises the top, 570 point, reward as:

That is, 25 spellements for the new spells. The same reward as for last month's Mayhem event. Which gave what was advertised. However, when I claimed the reward in this event for one of my wizards, this is what I got:

Note: the 200 lunari was for collecting a reward off the scroll of fortune, tier 8.

As you can see, only 10 spellements, and none for the new spells.

Congratulations!!!

This problem was first reported SATURDAY MORNING, two days ago. I even submitted a bug report through the customer portal in your home page. And so far the response has been ..... less than nothing. Not even the automatic response that the bug report I submitted was received.

I have been a loyal player for over 10 years. I put a lot of effort into this event, more than I usually do, to ensure that all 6 of my wizards would get that reward.

And so, I say again CONGRATULATIONS!!! Because if you continue this callous disregard for the players whose spending on the game pays your salary, I won't be a loyal player much longer.

I have been increasingly vocal lately about the shoddy, bug filled product you have been putting out lately. And now you can't even put out product that worked fine previously without messing it up. Like "forgetting to add" Meleager to last month's Mayhem. And now, this reward.

And even when you do fix some bugs, It's more of a "So sorry, our bad. Better luck next time" than making it up to the players who got messed over due to your bugs. I put too much effort into getting all 6 wizards the reward to see it all be wasted because I'm expected to just live with it this time with a promise to fix it for the next time.

You recently announced that the test realm was open. In anticipation of the upcoming (probably bug-filled) update, I suppose.

While at the same time refusing to address bugs that were reported LAST YEAR. Karamelle Badge Bugs. Mayhem Badge bugs. Sure, I've had a couple of moderators (@sparck and @Eric Stormbringer) say that they would pass on our concerns to the developers. And weeks and months later, nothing but crickets.

Refer to these threads:

http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...ramelle-badges

http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...quirement-Info
      You finished the Beastmoon Hunt for all 1,2,3,4,5,6 of your Wizards! That is commendable! You have my most heartfelt congratulations! Well done Wizard! Whoop Whoop!

Pegasus Unbound is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Pegasus Unbound's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Nathaniel
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dragons and MORE Dragons.

Mood:
      Woot

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Cool Re: Beastmoon Hunt Top Reward Bgged

While I did thank @Sparck for the honest reply/explanation to this situation, I wanted to think a bit before I said anything else.

I thought back to the things that I was taught by my Grandmother, who was born in 1900 and passed in 1985. She was an open minded but also no nonsense person who always tried to find the silver lining, but always willing to face the dark cloud. Her influence on my "ethics" has lasted my entire life, which is why I try to act with respect and understanding and avoid being over critical of others.

One of her favorite sayings was that mistakes happen, it is part of being human, and we should learn, adapt, adjust and move on. She also said that if we make a mistake we need to not only own up to it, but to make it better and not repeat the mistake.

With her thoughts in my mind, I must admit that while I do appreciate the honesty, I think it needs to be made good. A promise is a promise and should always be kept. I do not see why this can not be corrected by giving those who completed the event the promised items.

So why not make good on the promise? As she would say "If you think you can, or that you can not, you are always right!; but doing what is right for yourself isn't always the correct thing for others".
      @Sparck, I am asking you to let the "Powers That Be" know how we feel, and that they have a responsibility to make good on their original promise...especially since it was their mistake not ours.

Sparck is online now Wizard101 US Faculty
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

This was a text display issue, not a gameplay issue with an imbalance such that was unfair to one group or another. You received the correct reward, the display was what was in error.

sparkyflamefire is offline Journeyman Wizard

• sparkyflamefire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Sparck View Post
      This was a text display issue, not a gameplay issue with an imbalance such that was unfair to one group or another. You received the correct reward, the display was what was in error.
      And just how, as a player, am I supposed to know that there is a "text issue" before putting in all that work? I took you at your word and put in the effort to have all SIX wizards claim the top reward. After all, I got the proper 25 spellement reward during last month's Mayhem event. And now you're trying to weasel out, claiming that "25 Spellements" was a lie.

I have a wizard who has achieved:

-Max level Gardening (20)
      -Max level Fishing (15)
      -Max level Monstrology (24)
      -Max level Crafting

His badges include:

-Undead Executioner
      -Pockets full of Animus
      -Team MVP

Along the way he has:

-Crafted a level 10 deck for all 7 schools in the Deckathalon
      -490 Beastmoon Hunt wins (and 57 badges)
      -And my other 5 wizards all have over 100 wins each
      -212 unique fish caught
      -Prince Viggor and Sir and Squire Greggor as housguests
      -52 out of 60 Karamelle Badges

What he doesn't have are

-The advertised 25 spellement reward (150 if you include the other 5 wizards who also claimed the reward)
      -The 8 bugged Karamelle badges
      (Amazing how you seem to ignore that part of my rant entirely)

-Or any desire to continue playing your product. After this latest tap dance, I don't really care anymore.

So go ahead and keep your spellements and badges....

And while you're at it, keep your summer upgrade, and Lumaria, and whatever else you plan on doing in the future.

A shoddy product, produced by apparently incompetent developers who don't the difference between 10 and 25, who seem to think that players will continue shelling out real money to play your game no matter how damaged the goods are.

Oh well, I'm a second class citizen anyhow, seeing as how I'm a crowns player and not a member.

P.S. The last thing I want you to do now is try to buy back my goodwill by offering to make good on your promised reward.

Movie trivia: Can you name the movie this line is from, and fill in the blank:

"Upset is how little old ladies get when their cake falls. I'm (blank)"

Hint: The line was spoken by Mariel Hemingway

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast