----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

How to have more than 3 Beastmoon Planters

I have read posts from players who complain that they can only have 3 beastmoon planters. And that's true. Per wizard. But if they spend a little time and effort in the short run to get one or two of their other wizards 3 planters, they can have double or triple reagents harvested. Or, all their wizards (x5 or 6).

I believe that you get your second and third planters when you have competed in 25 matches. Not won, just competed in. Have a 2nd wizard do just that. In the process, hopefully you can also get him to increase his tier/level. Even if you have to have your main wizard spend 10 Moongold Dust to craft a gold idol (if there is a recipe for a form you like to play available), the investment is well worth it.

First, though you cannot trade planters, you can trade whatever you harvest from the plants and have your main wizard collect them.

Second, free points. If you do have a wizard upgrade his tier, you get 10 event/scroll points for each form upgraded just by clicking on the upgrade pedestal at the start of an event. (Note, if you have it upgraded to tier 3, that's still only 10 points) That's a free beastmoon seed from the rewards table right there. And if you have several forms upgraded, you can get up to 50 points the first day without even playing a match. Also lets you use up lunari the wizard may have gotten from the scroll of fortune, since those lunari can't be traded. That's per wizard.

Third, if you have your second wizard do a couple of matches and get a win, thats 6 more Moongold Dust from Meleager (If they bring him back next time). Plus a beastmoon seed per match played. Per wizard, per event.

Fourth, if you play a second wizard a lot, you can even get double the higher rewards. I had two wizards get the spellement reward this time. And its all points towards the scroll of fortune as well.

Fifth, the matches played/forms upgraded do not have to be done in Mayhem. Pick whichever event you prefer, regular beastmoon or mayhem, and do it there. It counts towards both.

I have all 6 wizards with 3 planters and at least 5 forms upgraded. 50 points for that, plus 10/day from gardening, gets you the next 2 rewards (Eldritch thread and Hasty Harvest) without playing a match. And with just one or two matches the pet reward is well within reach. And they get the same for regular beastmoon and the rewards off that table. As well as points for the scroll of fortune.

Even if you don't normally play either beastmoon, you might want to consider gritting your teeth and doing it enough to get those 50 free points and the first few rewards for every event in the future.
      Last edited by sparkyflamefire; 6-21-21 at 6:17:14 PM.

Pegasus Unbound is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Pegasus Unbound's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Nathaniel
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Dragons and MORE Dragons.

Mood:
      Woot

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Thumbs up Re: How to have more than 3 Beastmoon Planters

LOL, you covered/reviewed a lot of things...good job.

I think it is worth pointing out, in simple terms, one major issue...

Each form has 2 ways to become stronger but only 1 of those ways is permanent:

The cheaper upgrade is called increasing the Level. The higher your level, the better the spells. The big issue is that although cheaper, it is only good for that one week long event. When the event is over, that level goes back to the beginning. This increase in level uses much less Lunari and just Moonstones so for a smaller "investment", you can have a pretty strong form. This is great if your are trying out Beastmoon, but if you decide you want to keep at it, then you need to consider the other option.

The second option starts with "Unlocking" the form. When you unlock it, it becomes permanent and opens an entire new game for you. To unlock the form, you only need the GOLD version of that Beastmoon form Idol. There are 2 ways to get these gold idols: you can get them as event rewards for the points you gain OR you can craft them when they show up during the Mayhem events. Once you unlock a form, then you can increase the "Tier". When you increase the tier, it locks the form at that tier AND corresponding level. So, if you upgrade to Tier 2, that means you have a PERMANENT level 2 form. Another benefit of the tire system is you get more side cards that with just the level by itself. Upgrading your Tiers needs more Lunari and Beastmoon Idols (Instead of just Moonstones).

This is why the planters are so important. Growing seeds gives you stones, spellements, idols and more. So only having 3 planters per Wizard is a pain. There are also recipes for the seeds themselves, so if you consider how many types of seeds there are you can set up 3 wizards with 3 planters and each one having the recipe for 3 seeds allowing you to grow all the different seed versions.
      @Sparck, when you consider just the above, it would really be a crafting and gardening incentive to allow or provide more ways to increase how many planters a wizard can have. I would also argue that a new set of seeds could be created to help with Decathalon events.

Hugs!

sparkyflamefire is offline Adept Wizard

• sparkyflamefire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: How to have more than 3 Beastmoon Planters

I noticed that this morning when I logged into the game, they patched something in. And when I harvested 2 storm moonstone plants, they both gave me a spellement. Hotfix to put them back in, maybe?

Edit:

I crafted 3 myth moon seeds, planted and harvested them. Got-

-3 spellements (1 per plant)
      -8 myth idols
      -coins and thread.

No moonstones, though.

The only disappointment was that I only got 1 myth ninja pig idol, as opposed to 3 myth minotaur and 4 myth rat. Why is it that the brand new forms have a lower drop rate than the older forms? Same thing with life, twice as many draconians as fairy and colossus combined when those first came out.

Also, just to illustrate, If you have a form upgraded to tier 3, and then upgrade the level to 4, you get 1o point this event for increasing the level. When you click on the upgrade pedestal at the start of the next event, the tier/level will both be upgraded to 3, and you will get 10 point. If you have more than 1 form upgraded, you can get a max of 50 points this way.
      Last edited by sparkyflamefire; 6-23-21 at 5:24:21 PM.

unicorngirl is offline Initiate Wizard

• unicorngirl's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Deirdre Willowtail
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Polaris
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

you're totally right, and i'm glad you laid it out like that for people. if you have planters on more wizards than you intend to continue playing beastmoon on, you can get a ton of the plain idols to help tier up your forms. also, that's what i use the double plant elixirs for - harvesting beastmoon seeds. double idols, double tc, all good.

i have forms tiered on all 7 of my wizards, but no one has to do that. in fact, this scroll and last, i've been focusing on 3 wizards. it's easy to complete the reward bar for all 3 even though i don't have as much time recently to play it . also, it's easy to get to the end of the scroll on those wizards. if i do that early enough, i can choose to focus on another pair of wizards and maybe get to the tapestry reward on them. i do buy a scroll, but only one unless there's something i am super in love with on them. i can decide which wizard needs more tiered forms and that is the one that gets the scroll purchased, for the lunari. i used to wish i had more planters per wizard, but now i find 3 works fine. if we could hold more than 100 gold at a time ok, but usually 3 seeds fills you up if one is a school specific seed.

also, in the current event, all i do is craft 5 seeds a day on each wiz. it's easy, lots of harvesting gets done for idols and stuff, and it's extra points.

sparkyflamefire is offline Adept Wizard

• sparkyflamefire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

There is actually a third way to get a gold idol - buying the scroll, and getting the reward for completing tier 2. If you want to spend that many crowns just to get an idol.