Shy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Beastmoon Hunt Event, thru May 10th

From the Wizard101 social media site:

Unleash your inner animal!

Now through Monday, May 10th, don a beast form and get ready for the hunt of a lifetime during the Beastmoon Hunt!

Join a team and battle other Wizards in a limited-time game mode to earn incredible rewards!

See the Announcement here: https://www.wizard101.com/game/beast...5uW6fIy_SRum3s

See the current information for Basic:Beastmoon Hunt

Attached Images Attached Images  
      Dare to catch your best dreams and live them with eyes wide open. Sweet dreams always.
      The DreamCatcher.

AluraMist is online now Wiki Master

Mood:
      Shy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Beastmoon Hunt Event, thru May 10th

I just noticed that @Genevieve Moongarden posted this "Beastmoon Hunt Event Guide and Quick Review, May 4-10, 2021":

Dare to catch your best dreams and live them with eyes wide open. Sweet dreams always.
      The DreamCatcher.

richardDkht is offline Adept Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I just realized that the points one can earn daily by capping rings have been limited to 30. I was surprised of getting so little points in a fight, until i noticed this.

Well let me say that this is dumb. Many players can only play during WE, which means they will skip at least 150 points because of battles.

why make this change? It totally breaks the event! Now people can't use a cap strategy to win it would come down to using domination for it!

Dang ki stop breaking your own stuff!
      Last edited by richardDkht; 5-8-21 at 3:57:46 PM.
      " I can solve any issues in the world, except those originated by human stupidity"
      ".. that leaves out A LOT.."

Torpzun26 is online now Journeyman Wizard

• Torpzun26's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Cole Duskhaven
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I was pleasantly surprised to see that the new Spellements drop from both Beastmoon events, instead of just being dropped in Mayhem.

Also, Balance Beastmoon Seeds now drop Balance Idols just as well as other school seeds drop their respective idols now! This is great news, because the spring update had initially made it super difficult to tier up Balance forms.
      Last edited by Torpzun26; 5-8-21 at 5:18:09 PM.

----

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

with the new setting, forms that are targets of choice become almost useless: If you are targeted first and battle does not end within 3 rounds, you will get 0 points.

and since you are target of choice, you always get targeted first and get no points.

And since capping is restricted, you still get no points outside battles.

So you can't get points for capping, and you can't get points in fighting. At most, one can get 5 points if the team wins the match.

So basicly now it's "play with big beasts" or don't play at all after 3 matches.
      " I can solve any issues in the world, except those originated by human stupidity"

sparkyflamefire is offline Journeyman Wizard

• sparkyflamefire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Points for capturing rings is now capped at 30 rings per day. I only played in 3 or 4 matches per day, so 7 or 8 caps per match seems reasonable. Each match lasts 15-20 minutes, figure an hour or so per wizard. If you max out your points on one wizard, just switch to a different wizard. Most people don't play 6 hours a day, every day. I got the top reward for my one wizard yesterday, Saturday, playing just 3 or 4 matches per day. People who want to complete the scroll of fortune in one event might complain, but I always complete, or almost complete, the scroll in the first month.

Edit:

Face it, once you've completed the scroll, and gotten the top reward for the event, points aren't an incentive to play because they don't do anything for you. Who cares whether you end the scroll with 4000 or 14000 points? If you're playing to get wins towards the badges, or to accumulate enough lunari to upgrade every beast form to level 5, capping remains an effective strategy. The first month of a new scroll, I do make sure every wizard gets a certain quota of points every event, but once I've completed the scroll, I cut way back and have my wizards work on something else.

And, of course, if you're playing because you just enjoy playing, what do you care about points anyway?
      Last edited by sparkyflamefire; 5-9-21 at 12:59:49 PM.

----

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyflamefire View Post

And, of course, if you're playing because you just enjoy playing, what do you care about points anyway?
      Because you need to complete the event to get some beastforms and the 200 lunari prize, and eventually drop some spellements for those that care about them. And it gets deeply harder to do so with this new setup if you consider that many people don't have time during weekdays to play and mostly play saturday and sunday.

So as I said above, some forms are now disadvantaged compared to others.

of course one can manage to get a wizard to the end of the event, but then you need to drop the other wizards on the account since they can't manage to reach the end. Before it was easier to complete with 2 or 3 wizards and get copies of the beastform, so that you could have several unlocked forms on each wizard and be efficient even if some of those are taken.

The issue here is that some people that leveled up some forms will suffer more than others to get to the same points, whereas before this change you could chose a different strategy and still advance on those forms.

For example, in some cases I go for win by capping, that makes me cap up to 12 bases in one game with a fast form. Before it would yeld 24 points, now it's 0... that's a big difference.

In the end today I stopped to play. And am pondering if i'll just drop this like I dropped deckathalon.

sparkyflamefire is offline Journeyman Wizard

• sparkyflamefire's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  James
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Storm
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Sir Leo
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by richardDkht View Post
      Because you need to complete the event to get some beastforms and the 200 lunari prize, and eventually drop some spellements for those that care about them. And it gets deeply harder to do so with this new setup if you consider that many people don't have time during weekdays to play and mostly play saturday and sunday.
      There, you have a point.

During one deckathalon, I managed to get all 6 of my wizards in the top 100 of the leaderboard. Only 1 wizard went past stage 4. It took a lot of time and effort to do that. Time and effort that I am unwilling to spend anymore. Anyone who is at the very top of the leaderboard, unless they found a way to cheat, spends 2 hours or more on each and every run. And gold for all the the TC. Too rich for my blood.

But I think you are missing my point. I got the top reward for my wizard on Saturday, doing no more than
      3 or 4 runs per day. With the 50 level up points I get first day just for clicking on the upgrade pedestal, plus 10 per day for 7 days from gardening, that's 120 points before any actual matches. I used to get 3 or 4 wizards per event up to the gold idol reward by having them each do a few runs per day rather than having a different one do a lot of runs each day. Rotate which wizards go for the gold idol each each event and no problem getting them 5 different forms unlocked and up to tier 2.

I pity the new players just starting out, who don't have things already built up. Even more so for new players trying the deckathalon who need runes to craft decks.

But I say again, don't conflate event points with match points. Even if you don't get event points for flipping rings, you still get match points towards winning the match, and the better drops. Doing fewer runs per wizard, but doing several wizards instead of just 1 works. Other than lunari, the drops can be traded to whichever wizard needs them most.

Edit:

To put it another way,if you max out points for capping each day in just 3 matches, that's 60 points right there. Plus 50 for first day level ups, plus 70 for gardening (7 days at 10 per day), that's 540 points right there. Plus 5 for each match you win, plus whatever points you got for defeating opponents when winning a battle. Spellement reward right there, plus pet,lunari, and idol rewards along the way. Instead of fighting more battles with the same wizard, switch to a different wizard and let him do the same thing. And when he maxes out,switch to a third wizard, and so on. Instead of having one wizard with 1800 points,you can have 3 wizards with 600 points each. And you will have gotten 3 gold idols along the way. Rotate who gets to use the idols (It doesn't have to be the one who actually earned it as a reward). Sure, it will take longer for the one wizard to complete the scroll. Big deal, so what if it takes 2 months instead of 2 weeks. At the end, you will have 6 wizards who completed the scroll, instead of just one or two.
      Last edited by sparkyflamefire; 5-9-21 at 11:38:47 PM.

----

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

AND DID I MENTION THAT IF PLAYERS FLEE YOU STILL DON'T GET POINTS?!?!

so basicly one can play for 2 hours and get as little as 20 points even winning...