•  Myth

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Trainable TC/Spells Poll

The KI Devs have put up a series of polls on the bird site asking for player feedback on which of these spells they would like to see become trainable for each school. If you have an account there, make sure you vote! If not, um, put your feedback here I suppose. I'd link the poll but I cannot remember if doing so is allowed here.

Name:  Balance.PNG
Views: 508
Size:  18.3 KB
      Name:  Death.PNG
Views: 508
Size:  14.9 KB
      Name:  Fire.PNG
Views: 509
Size:  14.9 KB
      Name:  Ice.PNG
Views: 512
Size:  15.6 KB
      Name:  Life.png
Views: 526
Size:  17.5 KB
      Name:  Myth.PNG
Size:  15.2 KB
      Name:  Storm.PNG
Size:  15.1 KB
      Last edited by Torpzun26; 1-22-21 at 1:48:08 PM.

Lady Cat is offline Prodigious

• Lady Cat's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Stephanie Shadowstalker ,Stephanie Legendweaver ,Stephanie Spiritsinger,Stephen Dragondreamer and 6
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Luna
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Black Cat

Mood:
      Awesome

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Trainable TC/Spells Poll

Diablo Qarin , Monster Mash . Sirocco Djinni . Chinook Genie . Boreas Ifirt . Maelstorm Marid , Leafstorm . Brulee Sucre Harmattan Maxios .Please consider these spells, Ladt cat says meow
      Last edited by Lady Cat; 1-22-21 at 2:54:10 PM.
      <a href=http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/images/signaturepics/sigpic506_7.gif target=_blank>http://www.wizard101central.com/foru...igpic506_7.gif</a>

Tanner Hex is offline Journeyman Wizard

• Tanner Hex's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Tanner Hex
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Zafaria
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Rex
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Onyx Shenlong Dragon
      ----

Mood:
      Mellow

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I hope they could provide some clarification for which spells they are talking about so people know what they are voting for. Ex.

Aka Karanahn (Damage +10% spear to self)
      Storman (damage + Storm bubble)
      Thunderbird (damage + x3 30% universal traps)

People may not recognize these spell names by themselves and know exactly what they are voting for. They did do that with Death Scarab and Frost Dragon at least.
      Last edited by Tanner Hex; 1-22-21 at 2:13:54 PM.

Patrick FairyStalker is offline Master Wizard

Mood:
      Hot

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Thanks for posting!! This is awesome news. I'm really excited for new spells.

Concerns:

I'm a bit disappointed that leafstorm is the leading vote for life, when we already have rat spin. They're mixing in PvP players and PvE players in this vote. Brown spider is also already really abundant in TCs and pet cards, at least compared to the life efreet and brulee sucre.

Putting fire beetle back into play is...confusing? I thought they removed fire beetle TCs for a reason...now fires can use potent beetle, extraordinary beetle, solar surge beetle, etc. Seems like they're taking a step back here.

Rat Magician for myth needs a nerf, like 3 pips (in line with brown spider, red ghost). In fact, myth does not need this spell at all, compared to life and death.

For god's sake, please give storm a DoT. Lightning elf??

Positives:

Monster mash and red ghost sound awesome for death.

I'm glad the ice options aren't particularly over powered (eg they picked polar swarm instead of ice elf).

Storman would be awesome for storm as well. They could use some more utility.

JaredSpellFrost is online now Grandmaster Wizard

• JaredSpellFrost's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  JaredSpellFlame
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Ice
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Fuzzy Jake
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Freezing Raincore

Mood:
      Cold

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Unhappy Re: Trainable TC/Spells Poll

Balance:
      Plague Ninja Pig. I voted for spells that are in line with the schools themes, and Plague Ninja Pig fits that the most of these offered spells. Obsidian Colossus is my second choice here, but its 5 Pip cost is a bit deterring.
      Steel Giant will need a major rework if it wins. An AoE DoT that will keep shields off the entire enemy team is not only a bit OP, but will only see use in PvP! The number of schools with such a spell should be limited, and so I am against giving Balance yet another weapon in its already strong arsenal.

Death:
      The spells offered here aren't the greatest for Death, IMO. Death Scarab's utility is better themed for Fire/Myth Wizards, and Diablo Qarin is a bit useless. As you'll see with Rat Magician, I am against Red Ghost for the same reasons. it offers too much utility for an insanely cheap price, and the damage bubble goes against Death's overall theme. That isn't to say it would be an incredibly useful spell, but it would go against this schools conventions.
      I voted for Monster Mash, as the Beguile effect is most on point for Necromancers. If chosen, this spell will need a definite rework though!

Fire:
      The choice here was easy for me, Fire Wyvern all the way. Magma Colossus directly counters this schools offensive style, and Fire Beetle was banned from PvP for a reason... Then again, Fire Beetle would see much more use in PvE than Fire Wyvern, hmm... I could be down for either spell being introduced into the game, but Fire Beetle would need some balancing done first.

Ice:
      Frost Dragon is an easy choice for me. Chinook Genie is basically a fancy Wooly Mammoth, and Polar Swarm is a single target Reindeer Knight. But Frost Dragon is a superior version of Angry Snowpig, and it fits into my schools theming well!

Life:
      If Theurgists get Leafstorm, does that mean Forest Lord will be swapped back with Rebirth? I certainly hope so! I am against Brown Spider for the same reasons as Red Ghost and Rat Magician, and Harmattan Maxios is far from embracing the themes of Life. Brulee Sucre is actually the best themed spell here, but Life Wizards need a solid AoE first and foremost.
      (EDIT): Yes, I know Rat spin is a thing, but the crafting recipe is insanely difficult and having more options can't hurt, right? I do wish that Brulee Sucre would win instead though...

Myth:
      Boreas Ifrit fits best for Conjurers. It channels themes from Fire, the more prominent school is Myth's creation, and delivers a solid hit with some extra utility. Rat Magician, simply put, is over powered. Two pips for a bubble change and a shield/charm breaker? This spell needs to be seriously nerfed before KingsIsle even considers adding it into the game!

Storm:
      I voted for Maelstorm Marid for the school of Storm, as it is the best fit. Thunderbird sets up three universal traps, a trait better suited to Sorcers and Pyromancers- Diviners are all about the blade utility, people!!! My second choice would be for Storman, as the whole bubble change/damage is best suited for Storm.

Last edited by JaredSpellFrost; 1-22-21 at 2:42:35 PM.

"Yet like a bad case of athlete's foot you just kept coming back." -Cosmos
      . . . with Persistence, Victory is assured.

Dylan Windwalker is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Love that there's a poll of this (though I refuse to make a Twitter lol)

I'm glad these spells are being considered. But I really hope that there is going to polls similar to this for needed utility spells for each school as well that are currently only available through item and treasure cards.

Honestly if I were to introduce new cards, I would rather make them different spells entirely so that there's new identity to them rather than being a mutation version of the original. As much as I enjoy these spells, I would rather have Efreet stay within the premise of fire because that's where the identity of the spell comes from (The same with Snow Giant and Colossus spells with the Ice School). A lot of these sounds like mutations of the original spell in terms of animations and might take some of it's identity from the original spell. For example, Ice Wyvern has always been an ice spell but if newer generations of players start associating Wyverns with the Fire School because it's trainable now, then there is nothing special about Ice Wyvern especially since it is less useful than the Fire Wyvern in higher level combat. I think Ki should be cautious to not make it seem like the original spells are less special to the original meta....... or something of the sort...

This is why I would choose Red Ghost or Monster Mash for Death, Brown Spider or Brulee Sucre for Life, Rat Magician or Yellow Troll for Myth, Aka Karanahn for Storm. I honestly couldn't tell you what I would choose from the Balance School, Fire School, Ice School choices because all options from those schools are simply mutations of a spell that is used in a different school and they don't have their own identity...

But I'm still glad Kingsisle is adding spells to the Trained roster and honestly, this will ultimately do good for PvE in the long term

I don't know why Kingsisle would make LeafStorm a spell if they could EASILY make Rat Spin an easier spell to craft. LeafStorm is a blatant excuse for a solution to a major problem with an easy solution and I hope that if Kingsisle will get the terrible reputation that they deserve if they go a through with it. I wouldn't say such statement if it weren't for the fact that LeafStorm and Rat Spin were basically the exact same spell and the solution is literally OBVIOUS . I would be very disappointed in KI if this follows through...
      Last edited by Dylan Windwalker; 1-22-21 at 3:11:43 PM.

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

Dylan Windwalker is offline Grandmaster Wizard

• Dylan Windwalker's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Dylan Windwalker, Valerian JadeBlade, Scot WaterWielder, Seth DreamDreamer
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Lillie
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Goofy

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by JaredSpellFrost View Post
      Life:
      If Theurgists get Leafstorm, does that mean Forest Lord will be swapped back with Rebirth? I certainly hope so! I am against Brown Spider for the same reasons as Red Ghost and Rat Magician, and Harmattan Maxios is far from embracing the themes of Life. Brulee Sucre is actually the best themed spell here, but Life Wizards need a solid AoE first and foremost.
      (EDIT): Yes, I know Rat spin is a thing, but the crafting recipe is insanely difficult and having more options can't hurt, right? I do wish that Brulee Sucre would win instead though...
      Or they could make Agave Nectar Requirement 50 instead of 150 and Iron to be 50 instead of 250 but apparently that is so difficult for Kingsisle to do for whatever reason. Honestly the only reason I could think of is that it's too late and making the recipe easier would make the people who have worked to craft the spell already with the insane requirements angry. But honestly does Ki seriously think that these players want other players to suffer the same way they did, yeah I doubt that's true... Make Rat Spin easier for Ambrose's sake lololol

Signature created by Expelliarmus in Blue Nouveau Designs, thanks!
      Dylan Windwalker: Feel Free to stop by and ask me for any help by Visitor Messages/Private Messages! (I'll try to help whenever I'm possible)

BaronvonWolf is offline Magus Wizard

• BaronvonWolf's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Valkoor wildwalker
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Balance

Mood:
      Procrastinating

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

there is an obv mix of PvE and PvP so i'll drop my list
      Steel Giant/Plague Ninja Pig was a hard pick an aoe dot or a mantle

Red Ghost
      Fire Beetle
      Frost Dragon

Brulee Sucre mid tier dot+heal
      Rat Magician
      Thunderbird
      140 Wolf soulstalker 130 Valkoor wild ​130 Valkoor Myth​ 140 Valkoor 138 Alex nightshade

Torpzun26 is offline Journeyman Wizard

• Torpzun26's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Cole Duskhaven
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Wizard City
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Myth

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I only voted on the Myth poll so far since my other wizards aren't at a level where I'm comfortable trying to dictate the direction of their school, but I might end up voting in those polls later.

Balance: I think this selection is a bit, eeeehhh. Two of the options are a hit+Weakness spell, just at varying pip costs. The genie very directly outshadows Balance Artorius by having a significantly stronger Weakness. The Obsidian Colossus doesn't conflict with any of Balance's other hit+Weakness spells. I thought Plague Ninja Pig was just a Balance form of Death's Ninja Pig spell, but nope, it's a cheap Krampus. I don't really like the idea of a 3-pip Krampus, but whatever. And then Steel Giant is the only one that doesn't give a Weakness. All schools should have a DoT, after what happened with the Storm Trident. I don't really know if Balance should get a DoT AoE, but they should get a DoT for sure. I'd probably pick Obsidian Colossus.

Death: Red Ghost makes a lot of sense for PVP purposes, but isn't my personal choice here. Death Scarab makes a lot of sense since I see Death as a Trap-heavy school, and their lack of a hit+Trap card is kinda weird. Diablo Qarin is a cool spell, but it would be yet another hit+Infection spell. It comes into conflict with Death Artorius, and then there's also Dr. Von one pip above it. If the aftereffect changes to make it into an actual Death Efreet, I would pick this. And finally there's Monster Mash, which is just... aaaaaaaaaaaargh. I'd probably go for Death Scarab.

Fire: Fire Wyvern. I think Fire Beetle would have been a good choice if it becomes similar to S'more Machine and it boosts DoTs only. Fire Colossus is weird. I would have thought Fire as a Weakness school instead of a Shield school.

Ice: I don't like any of these options. Chinook Genie will make Woolly Mammoth obsolete, they intentionally made the Steal Ward part of Angry Snowpig come last so that Ice wouldn't get an incredibly strong spammable Steal Ward+hit spell, so that means I'm adverse to the Frost Dragon as well. And then Polar Swarm is a better shieldbreaker than Frostbite. If Frostfang were an option, I'd go for that.

Life: I really like the idea of Harmattan Maxios for Life - Weakness makes sense for Life a bit because Luminous Weaver already exists, and this is basically a super Luminous (def nerfed to be more like Efreet, but still). Brown Spider is great for PVP, but like the Red Ghost for Death, I don't think this is thematically appropriate enough for it to be my choice. Brulee Sucre is a really neat idea and would probably be a close second choice here. Leafstorm... huh? Rat's absurd crafting requirement doesn't make it ok for Life to have a redundant 4-pip AoE like this. I'd need to know what other changes would happen in order to ever support this. I'd go for the genie here. EDIT: Due to Brown Spider and Leafstorm being neck-in-neck in the poll, I'll vote for Brown Spider instead of Harmattan Maxios.

Myth: If any school should have the best bubble control, I think it should be Myth, because bubbles have great synergy with minions. Nerf it if it's necessary, but Myth should definitely have this option trainable. Yellow Troll comes into conflict with Keeper of the Flame, as both are cheap hit+Trap cards, and I would want to see Keeper changed first if this were the card to become trainable. Boreas Ifrit is a bit interesting, but Myth already has a lot of nice high-cost attacks so I would rather prefer a cheaper spell.

Storm: Uhhh, Thunderbird? Or the Maelstrom Marid. All three options that aren't Aka Karanahn seem pretty alright. Aka is a neat idea but a 10% spear is just too underwhelming.
      Last edited by Torpzun26; 1-22-21 at 3:55:59 PM.

Mayonnaisinator is offline Wiki Master
      ----

Mood:
      ----

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

I'm a bit disappointed with the Ice options as Chinook Genie is just a Woolly Mammoth for one pip less, and Frost Dragon is just what Angry Snowpig should have been (and could still be after audit or with Spellements...), so that only leaves Polar Swarm. I think it could be good, but from what I've heard Ratbeard say I thought they were content with Ice's lowest cost DoT being Frostbite.

I would have liked to see stuff with new effects like Snowball Strike, Ice Efreet, Suten Sokkwi, or Krokhotep.

Something to bear in mind with all of these is that, if they become trainable, they will undergo an audit to balance out their power levels. So the Efreet's aren't going to stay -90%s, and none of the Damage + Bubbles are going to stay that cheap.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast