•  N/a

Mood:
      Artistic

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Please don't nerf maycast...

In a recent Dev Diary ki looking to audit maycast spell to cast lower. Most maycast outside of healing are "Never Cast". And even with healing most pet don't cast often.

I own a Hexi Heal Forest Lord May Cast heal pet. Spritely, Fairy Friend, Batusi, Unicorn, and Happy Accident. It cast heals frequently. But the reason for it makes sense. With six heals any damage litterally creates what seems to 70-90% chance it will heal. It seems higher in tough instances then let say street mobs fights. But if i had to actual grade the cast rate of each heal individually i may only get one or two cast of any heal a match.

As a life wizard My forest lord is key to my set up and soloing. Even with most spells criticaling i find it can be difficult keeping a team healed in Random team ups as some people have terrible and it can drag the entire team down if someone goes down.Even with Pigsie the lack of out going and decent outgoing gear can sometime not be enough to keep a team health up. My forest lord does about 60% or more of my healing. It helps that damage to Allies also triggers heals.

Pvp wise damage far exceed most people pets may cast rate that other talents are often more prioritized.

It not enough to break the game no way. I fear if ki nerf any of these talents it will render single and most duel heal talents pet in most case nearly useless.

If anything kingsise need to up the cast of all other maycast to be truely viable. May cast legion shield only talent outside of healing that is pretty reliable but it uses damage much like healing as it main trigger so go figure

Tanner Hex is offline Journeyman Wizard

• Tanner Hex's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Tanner Hex
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Zafaria
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Rex
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Onyx Shenlong Dragon
      ----

Mood:
      Mellow

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Re: Please don't nerf maycast...

I would be nice if they could program different maycast rates between PvE and PvP. I have a feeling it is MC auras that are going to be audited the most since they can currently be triggered by just about anything including passing. I do feel like they've done a good job so far of not letting PvP changes spill out into PvE as much. In terms of damage and healing output my characters feel just about as strong if not stronger after the spell audit and critical changes.

But I'm always very wary of any change involving pets. I feel like there is a lot of frustrating RNG involved in getting a pet with a body, 5 talents, and stats you want. It really hurts to put a bunch of effort into making a specific pet only for it to get de-valued after an update. While my characters don't feel negatively impacted by the critical changes, pets on the other hand feel like they were. From the spreadsheets I've seen critical rating beyond what your gear/jewels gives you makes a much more marginal difference now. Players are practically tripping over each other to hatch with whatever quintuple damage pets they can find on the kiosk while spurning their previous damage + critical rating pets. I'd really like KI to try to avoid a repeat of this as much as possible in the continuing audits, at least for PvE. And if this all really must be done even in PvE then considering throwing us a bone by reducing some of the RNG factors in raising pets whether it be something like talent previews or talent re-rolls or something.

jlegendwielder is offline Initiate Wizard

Mood:
      Bemused

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

The devs have said their goal is to get us to "chase gear." As regards pets, if they nerf the may casts players will be less likely to chase pets that have them, or train them when they get them.

BUT

A sliding scale so that a pet like yours would do only, say, 30% of your healing would make sense. The idea is that a pet with two heals would cast more often than one with six.

One example: much earlier in my Wizard101 experience, I tried to get various may cast blade pets. I found that they never cast them in valuable ways, so now I never employ those pets or try to acquire those may casts in new pets.

It all goes back to the battles...

"I yam what I yam and that's all what I yam."

lethargy101 is offline Fizzled

Mood:
      Fine

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by jlegendwielder View Post
      The devs have said their goal is to get us to "chase gear." As regards pets, if they nerf the may casts players will be less likely to chase pets that have them, or train them when they get them.

That's why they want to nerf resist so we part with darkmoor gear to waste time farming for other gear. If KI wants me to chase better gear give better gear without nerfing Darkmoor/Exalted duel gear. Let's be honest Darkmoor gears is just an upgrade 40 levels on Waterworks, appropriate for level 100 and in level with an upgrade path.

Bailey Jade is offline Promethean Wizard

• Bailey Jade's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Bailey or Jordan
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Empyrea
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Life
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Patches
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Mummy Cat
      ----

Mood:
      No Mood

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

OMG are you kidding me! They are wondering why players are leaving? Players have worked so hard on making those perfect pets with may cast and now KI is thinking on taking that away. Players have worked hard between training pet and farming for gold to make the may cast pets. Honestly, that would be a really dumb move.

Let's talk about "chasing" gear. We have the option on getting better gear from KM between farming for it and crafting it. Let's take a look at the drop rates for the chunks found HERE Wow, with all the farming that just 5 players have done, there has only been 2 chunks reported. Why in the world will players give up the gear they have, just to spend countless hours trying to get the chunks for newer gear?

Let's not forget about the nerfing that has already been done with the salts for the Dragoon Gear. If KI wants their players to chase gear, they really need to give in a little bit here. Its not fair, that the drop rates are SO low that it takes countless runs and taking away from the time on events that players been enjoying.

Its best to leave things as is, unless KI is planning on increasing the drop rates and get rid of all this extra garbage that has been dropping for us. I rather see gear then, useless snacks and seeds. I understand that KI is trying to keep players busy between worlds, but in my honest opinion, this is not the way to do it.

Someone proposed an idea with gear once before and I read something recently about it. I wish I could remember it in better detail, but I do remember thinking, wow, this is a great idea. Too many things have been nerf already and we really do not need this.

Siggy by Mad Hatter Avi by Wolf HexWeave
      Looking for a Hatch
      Helpful Hatcher or Max Stats Pets

richardDkht is offline Journeyman Wizard
      ----

Mood:
      Lurking

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

since they opened the pandora box of meddling with stuff that was already done with, our dear devs are messing more and more.

Now this "never cast" on stuff other than Healing makes me think they want people to turn to will cast for skills like cloud o'bugs and others that are interfering with their silly strategy of wasting our time and money on new pets.

I for one will never chase stuff that they can change whenever and wherever they want with no chance to act against it. The trust is broken and I won't waste my time on illusory promises anymore.

I am really starting to hope that the new company fires them all before they can ruin more stuff.

Well one can but hope, right..?
      " I can solve any issues in the world, except those originated by human stupidity"
      ".. that leaves out A LOT.."

ss2775 is offline Initiate Wizard

Mood:
      Amazed2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

ugh...maycast needs to NOT be nerfed even the auras bc they are useful for PVE. They need to just make every MC no PVP and leave pve alone at this point if they hate the rng sooo much.

the big complain i see about pvp is the rng so just take maycasts out from there, and done. leave pve alone please
      @Sparck

Grumpy Cat is offline Grandmaster Wizard

Mood:
      Grumpy2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Think this recent dev diary just builds on the idea that there's a huge disconnect between devs and actual players. They can play or stream or whatever all day, but that doesn't mean they can relate to more normal people and implement changes from that perspective. If these people played moderately like regular people, I think they would realize that messing around with pets in general is frankly an irritating waste of time. Pet trends come and go as arcs change and spells and new gear are released. If we're stuck with the grind of catacombs among other things, at least let us keep our pets.

With the new trend now at school aura + dmg (obviously with variation) or just damage, wonder if it's a ploy to squeeze out more cash from players making new pets in the facade of "balancing and player experience". The direction of devs continues to baffle me and I'll be interested to see if this plays out to live later in the year.

Robobot1747 is offline Journeyman Wizard

• Robobot1747's Wizard Stats
        •  Wizard's Name:
        •  Kane WildThief
        •  Wizard's Level:
        •  World:
        •  Khrysalis
        •  Wizard's School:
        •  Death
        •  Pet's Name:
        •  Lord Vaden
        •  Pet's Type:
        •  Enchanted Armament

Mood:
      Trolling

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ss2775 View Post
      ugh...maycast needs to NOT be nerfed even the auras bc they are useful for PVE. They need to just make every MC no PVP and leave pve alone at this point if they hate the rng sooo much.
      the big complain i see about pvp is the rng so just take maycasts out from there, and done. leave pve alone please
      Nah, you don't get to eviscerate every PvP pet because you want your aura to cast more frequently.
      "Fire can be quenched. Storms can dissipate. Myths can simply be forgotten. But Death... Death is constant. Death has existed long before you came to be and it will exist long after it takes you."

ss2775 is offline Initiate Wizard

Mood:
      Amazed2

PvP Tournaments Won
      Thanks (Given)
      Thanks (Received)
      Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Robobot1747 View Post
      Nah, you don't get to eviscerate every PvP pet because you want your aura to cast more frequently.
      No one wants it to cast more frequently. We want it to stay the SAME. If your maycasts are central to your pvp pets then the pvp community should stop crying about RNG since right now it is leading to the butchering of experience for PVE.

If you dont like RNG then take it out completely, otherwise stop complaining. (Not directed at you specifically, but the wider PVP community who always has these complaints)
      Last edited by ss2775; 1-22-21 at 6:31:35 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast